Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Begood/Valley,

Thank you both for the warm welcome back. I also experienced gut issues after every cut but they would always eventually ease up. Now it seems it is here to stay. I am losing weight fast because it hurts to eat and digest.

I am basically living off replacement meal drinks.

If either of you have some suggestions of what is safe to eat I would love to hear them. Of course nothing sounds good because I have no appetite any way but I know I have to force myself to eat something.

Caseychina,  welcome aboard.👍

ATU🙏

I wish I could tell you something safe to eat.  I lost a lot of weight as well.  I think the nausea and lack of hunger play a big role.  I try to eat as normal as possible.  I did try a keto diet for several months but then, after further research found that it can backfire and cause bad digestive issues also.  Maybe some other buddies have some suggestions. :)—V

I agree with V, but please be sure nothing else could be causing this, I remember jp and how much he went through because he did not get his stomach pain checked out by Doctors, I know we do not want to go, but....it is wise to ease our mind. I fully think I will have this all the way down and like I said the Brain and gut will heal together. I have been taking d-limonene daily it has taken away my Gerd completely, and sure if I was not taking it the benzo belly would be worse...sigh it is all natural and I buy it from Amazon.  Stay Strong. 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

Begood/Valley,

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand about making sure it’s not something else and I have been seeing my a Doctor regular.

If it continues this bad I will surely Persue it with her again.

I feel it is a return of my IBS type stuff except a bit worse in intensity and longer lived, if that makes any sense.

Up until just a few weeks ago I was eating anything and everything and indulging in snacks I probably should avoid.

The pain and discomfort is probably being exaggerated by the taper. It does seem in taper, everything bad seems magnified much worse.  >:(

You guys have a great day and a super Christmas.

ATU🙏

NJ; I don’t mean to sound like a pot pusher BUT my husband—not on benzos—was saved from his tinnitus by CBD pills. No high at all—just CBD. He has tried everything and just like that, it worked. It gave me a giant pimple so go figure!!Worth a shot. I think it just depends on individual.

Bluepill: I have used CBD oil the past few months for nausea. It helps most of the time. Does not help that much with anxiety. I am hoping our new governor does actually loosen restrictions around marijuana once he is in office. I would like to try something with very lot THC; think that would help me more. I think CBD/marijuana have many benefits from all that I have read and it is a shame that something that would help many is demonized and restricted.

NJ: Couldn't agree more. Fortunately easy to try different strains in CA. I actually prefer a higher THC ( as long as I do it early in eve---right after work--kids home, etc...) b/c it puts me in a good mood and I don't think about my body not feeling right. Jsst a tiny bit though.

ATU--I like a keto diet but maybe more Paleo---you don't need to be in ketosis---but meat, green vegetable, a bit of dairy, beans, etc.....I think it helps (IMO) mostly b/c if you are conscious about it you will get the vitamins you need w/out supps. I am trying to stop supps now--I think they are creating some issues--best to get from food if possible.

NJ: Couldn't agree more. Fortunately easy to try different strains in CA. I actually prefer a higher THC ( as long as I do it early in eve---right after work--kids home, etc...) b/c it puts me in a good mood and I don't think about my body not feeling right. Jsst a tiny bit though.

ATU--I like a keto diet but maybe more Paleo---you don't need to be in ketosis---but meat, green vegetable, a bit of dairy, beans, etc.....I think it helps (IMO) mostly b/c if you are conscious about it you will get the vitamins you need w/out supps. I am trying to stop supps now--I think they are creating some issues--best to get from food if possible.

Bluepill,

Thanks,...I have never had success with supplements so I will force myself to eat and suffer the pains of digestion and motility. I looked up on line what is good to eat for IBS and plain chicken and rice were there so Ill start with that this evening. I did have some raisin bran this morning and so far so good. Mild cramping only.

Take care! 👌

ATU

Begood/Valley,

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand about making sure it’s not something else and I have been seeing my a Doctor regular.

I feel it is a return of my IBS type stuff except a bit worse in intensity and longer lived, if that makes any sense.

Up until just a few weeks ago I was eating anything and everything and indulging in snacks I probably should avoid.

The pain and discomfort is probably being exaggerated by the taper. It does seem in taper, everything bad seems magnified much worse.  >:(

ATU🙏

Hi there ATU,

I remember that very early in my taper my gut was in chaos!  A naturopath suggested an old traditional remedy that worked like wonders for me.

Take a head of cabbage and boil it for about 3-4 hours or longer.  Drink the broth from that about 3-4 times per day for a few days

It was at a time when I could barely eat anything and somehow the broth was very appealing and did sooth things. 

There could be many other factors but my gut hasn't bothered me since...(or yet)

:smitten:

SS

Begood/Valley,

ATU🙏

Hi there ATU,

I remember that very early in my taper my gut was in chaos!  A naturopath suggested an old traditional remedy that worked like wonders for me.

Take a head of cabbage and boil it for about 3-4 hours or longer.  Drink the broth from that about 3-4 times per day for a few days

It was at a time when I could barely eat anything and somehow the broth was very appealing and did sooth things. 

There could be many other factors but my gut hasn't bothered me since...(or yet)

:smitten:

SS

Sufferingsixty,

Thank you for this. It almost sounds too simple to be true but oft times the simple solutions work best.

I’ll give it a try. 👍

ATU🙏

Nice to see you ATU , I've been wondering how you were.

I don't rally have any offering on the stomach issues . I think its  nerves in the digestive tract that are irritated and sensitive ?

I'm drinking oat straw tea, whichbisnsuposoed to be very healing for the nerves, maybe see if it has any stomach healing properties?

I guess just bland and simple is best ,probably cooked not raw. White rice? I'd look up soothing herbs on google and see if anything cones up in the way of teas etc. the cabbage juice that SS suggested sounds good!

Happy to "see" you ATU

Love, MiYu

Thanks for the long hold propaganda Valley , always good to reread. I wish that line about K wasn't in there though! Oh well, I'll ignore it and hope for the best .

:)

MiYu

Nice to see you ATU , I've been wondering how you were.

I don't rally have any offering on the stomach issues . I think its  nerves in the digestive tract that are irritated and sensitive ?

I'm drinking oat straw tea, whichbisnsuposoed to be very healing for the nerves, maybe see if it has any stomach healing properties?

I guess just bland and simple is best ,probably cooked not raw. White rice? I'd look up soothing herbs on google and see if anything cones up in the way of teas etc. the cabbage juice that SS suggested sounds good!

Happy to "see" you ATU

Love, MiYu

Miyu,

It’s good to see you again so to speak!

I was wrapped up in my world and suffering a lot since I was on last. I guess when I’m at my worst I sort of crawl off into a dark hole and wait it out if you get my drift.

I am doing just that. Cut out all my usual foods and eating bland white chicken and rice mainly.

I got a copy of the low FODMAP diet options so I guess I’ll use that as a guide.

Just wait until I get back to normal then pig out again.  :D

My anxiety has not really been a problem at all. When it does rear it’s ugly head I can tame it with my thinking and a quick meditation.

I am primarily getting hit with physical stuff.

Read a good book recently “ The divided Mind” were the author says these symptoms are created by our unconscious mind to distract our conscious mind from facing its demons. Interesting!

You have a great holiday season a Merry Chistmas and all that.  :thumbsup:

ATU🙏

Thanks for the long hold propaganda Valley , always good to reread. I wish that line about K wasn't in there though! Oh well, I'll ignore it and hope for the best .

MiYu

Hi MiYu. You may be misreading the line in there about K if it’s the line I think it is. —🐔  :)—V

Hi ATU:

I am also suffering with stomach symptoms - right around 1.8 V. I have terrible pain, bloating - particularly at night - and all that seems to touch off a bunch of heart palps - PACs and runs of tachycardia that are terrifying. So I sympathize: I also did not have such bad stomach stuff until I got below 2m. Was this also your pattern? Did you have the heart stuff as well?

Cally

Hi ATU:

I am also suffering with stomach symptoms - right around 1.8 V. I have terrible pain, bloating - particularly at night - and all that seems to touch off a bunch of heart palps - PACs and runs of tachycardia that are terrifying. So I sympathize: I also did not have such bad stomach stuff until I got below 2m. Was this also your pattern? Did you have the heart stuff as well?

Cally

Cally,

I was basically symptom free from 4.5 down to say 2.5 mg. Then I got some mild symptoms with each cut that would clear up on holding. Then when below 2.5 these sxs increased in intensity but would still clear up after a few weeks of holding. Now at 1.4 my anxiety type sxs are very mild if at all as are the shoulder neck muscle stiffness and aching. It’s just these stomach GI sxs seem like they are here to stay for the duration, well it seems that way now, they may still clear up as I continue to hold. Whatever happens though as soon a Christmas is over and everyone goes home, I am cutting again even if it its a small cut. Oh yes, my sleep has become much worse also at 1.4 mgs.

My Doctor gave me some low dose Trazodone but I am too chicken to try it yet!

Hang in there, what we are experiencing is common and although it feels like the end of the world right now, it will end and clear up.

I practice lots of meditation morning to night and also total acceptance. “ Loosen and accept “ that’s our magic elixir. “ loosen and accept”

Take care and Merry Christmas to you.

ATU🙏

ATU your pattern really does sound like mine: I was fine until I got right to 2 and below. I am actually going to go get the heart checked out in a month, though I am pretty sure it is 'nothing' - right now trying to hold until I am feeling as good as I did above 2....

ATU your pattern really does sound like mine: I was fine until I got right to 2 and below. I am actually going to go get the heart checked out in a month, though I am pretty sure it is 'nothing' - right now trying to hold until I am feeling as good as I did above 2....

Cally,

I did have some heart palps earlier in my taper but they cleared up on it’s own. I did find when they scared me they would get worse and hang around longer.

I hope you are feeling better real soon.

ATU🙏

Hello everybody,

I’m back. Sorry I have not been here on a while.

I had that awful noro-virus. It’s going around  my comminity and from what I understand it is So contagious you can get it from a handrail that a contagious person happened to touch up to 3 weeks later! It was awful! My daughter got it too.

Anyway, all is well now.

Here’s my experience with benzo belly.

I have just plain given up and I am accepting it.  Actually mine is Not painful. I have had lymphocytic colitis for about 6 years now and have been on medication called Apriso. Used to be on four a day but as the years have gone by I am soooo much better now I am only taking one a day and I am 95% under control. Doc says I can stay on it for the rest of my life.it won’t hurt me. Basically it is the brand name for mesalomine. I think it is used for anykind of colon inflammation.

I wonder if anyone with IBS Would benefit from it?

But as for benzo belly, mine is weight gain, weight loss, and crazy fluctuation that makes absolutely no sense. How could a person weigh 121 one day and 117 the next, and then 122 the  next? It makes no sense! I have been 110 for the past 15 years. The weight gain in general has my very frustrated but the fluctuation is pure insanity. It has got to be benzo relAted... so I just say, as long as I am watching my weight and eating sensibly, I’m not going to worry about it!

I hope everyone with benzo belly find some kind of relief. I don’t know what else to say...except with my belly, I don’t eat any insoluble fiber ( cabbage, broccoli, broussle sprouts,) or raw fruits, esp apples, or any vegetables that are very hard when raw like Carrot. All soluable fiber is good, cooked or steamedveggies, cooked fruits, squash of all kind. Melons.

Anyway, I don’t know if that will work for anyone else, but thought I’d mention it..

Happy holidays everyone

Merry  Christmas

Happy Hanukkah

Happy Kwanza

And happy anything else I may have forgotten!

Heath :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Heath,

.75 that’s great,  :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the input on Benz belly.

It seems to be a constant companion these days. I’ll manage I’m sure.

Merry Christmas!

ATU🙏

MiYu

Hi MiYu. You may be misreading the line in there about K if it’s the line I think it is. —🐔  :)—V

this is the line Valley-

""However, Klonopin is kind of notorious for causing a kind of delayed withdrawal with holds that might be related to the tolerance withdrawal phenomenon."

maybe I'm misinterpreting it? Perhaps it's saying that the delayed wd from K with holds  can be interpreted as tolerance wd, when actually it's just more wd? Can you clarify? :)

I just wanted to post this today....

This morning I talked to my sister , and I Laughed more than I have in probably three years. I really laughed! :laugh: :laugh:

It felt so good , and healing , even though my stomach hurt! It just kind of came over me , i suddenly wanted to laugh, and we ended up laughing and joking, she was wiping her eyes she was laughing so much :laugh:

Man these drugs are weird , but it certainly made me feel a bit more human and lighter than I have in some time.

Grateful.

Here's to more laughter  ;D

love to all,

Miyu :smitten:

MiYu

this is the line Valley-

""However, Klonopin is kind of notorious for causing a kind of delayed withdrawal with holds that might be related to the tolerance withdrawal phenomenon."

maybe I'm misinterpreting it? Perhaps it's saying that the delayed wd from K with holds  can be interpreted as tolerance wd, when actually it's just more wd? Can you clarify? :)

That’s the line that always throws people off.  It has happened before lol.  The context of the quote is that K is notorious for making a cut and then having a delayed onset of withdrawal while holding.  :)—V

I just wanted to post this today....

This morning I talked to my sister , and I Laughed more than I have in probably three years. I really laughed! :laugh: :laugh:

It felt so good , and healing , even though my stomach hurt! It just kind of came over me , i suddenly wanted to laugh, and we ended up laughing and joking, she was wiping her eyes she was laughing so much :laugh:

Man these drugs are weird , but it certainly made me feel a bit more human and lighter than I have in some time.

Grateful.

Here's to more laughter  ;D

love to all,

Miyu :smitten:

That is excellent news MiYu!  Nothing feels better than being able to laugh again. :thumbsup:

thanks Valley! It was really good, I feel like the last three years have just been a torment of coping, and to have that little ray of sunshine  was so nice.

And thanks for the clarification on the K quote, I get it now! I'm glad I brought it up as every time I read I would feel a kind of dread!

I've made a few attempts at miniscule K cuts, and I feel the wds the next day and they continue for a few day then start to ease up. I haven't posted anything about my attempts to taper as it's too insignificant at this point. I keep coming back to the fact that my nervous system/brain isn't ready. I''m still in the place where the tiniest amount brings on such intense wd's that it's not worth it yet.

miyu :)

Reality has set in

Thought I’d be closer to .7v by now.

But I REAlly have been going too fast.

Some dizzies appeared and aches in my joints.

So I Slowed down

Updosed .002mg. Sounds like a smidgen but it did make a difference!

Also held for a week.

Right pinky and hand pain...gone!

Dizzies gone.

Ok .... going to hold another few days

Then start my DLMT again.

Just going to listen to my body and see what my brain tells me.

Might have to go less than 5% a month but hey..,that’s ok!

Dont like wdsx one bit!

Holiday time is here.

Want to feel good!

Now I just have to LISTEN TO MYSELF!

HEATHCLIFF

[6e...]