Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hello my LH friends,  :smitten:

I'm just stopping in to say hi and let you know I'm still alive ! ( I've read a few posts but there are pages and pages I've missed , will try and catch up )

Things aren't so great still , some very rough days with mental stuff that I never experienced on the Valium . Scary crazy feeling stuff. I still feel it was the right choice to go back to mostly klonopin though as I have less side effects ,it's just different .

Ive switched all my k dose to liquid now , nut milk . It's pretty much impossible to get accurate dosing of k with dry pills if youre not taking a full pill as its so strong . But even with the liquid it's pretty hard to get accurate given how unbelievably sensitive I am to the slightest change , like one drop of liquid!

Oh well, I'm ok , just holding on and taking it day by day .

Always uplifting to come here and read some posts as I always feel like I will be off the benzos one day and  heal because of the great people here  :)

You're the best !

Love to everyone , I hope you're all doing ok ,

MiYu ❤️ :smitten:

Good to see you here MiYu! Keep up the good fight.  :)—v

just stopping by.  No attention to read back much-- sorry for that.

I am thinking maybe will not ever get off benzos ;( 

My extreme sleep probs that got me on this stuff plague me.  If I don't sleep, I don't function.  Had tried some alternatives lately, mostly not working.  I posted this in another forum... hope okay to post here?  Don't know the netiquette of BB.  But any input is welcome.  Feel have been at this so long with no good result, tho.

---

Did just a couple drops of cbd oil with teense thc, seemed to relax me but I did not sleep.  So went to maybe 5 drops and did a few things next day then felt awful and very dried up (eyes) and anxious. And vibrating.  Think it not for me.

I get so anxious about not sleeping  took phenergan-- still up.  So took a lyrica yesterday and uh, I got up to find had knocked over little try where keep water bottle on bedstand.  Don't recall this at all! Is this amnesia?  Found the bottle in my bed comforter finally... but this kind of scary.  Now after sleep and nightmares, feel brain dead and inert.  I am wondering if would be better off on higher dose of a benzo.  Mixing and matchingi is going to confuse things.

Sorry to whine. Have been very depressed, and isolated and alone.  Not good.

Hi BarbaraAve and welcome if you haven’t been on the thread before!  Any question is welcome here whether you’re holding or not. Sorry you are having the frustration that comes with lack of sleep. I use doxylamine succinate when my sleep goes south and it seems to work ok. It’s not always a guarantee but it does make me drowsy. I’m sure some of the other experienced buddies on the thread will chime in as well. Hope things turn around for you soon.  :)—V

Does anyone know the name of the antibiotic you are not supposed to take when you are in withdrawal from benzos?

Thanks, Heathcliff

Hi Heath.I stay away from all antibiotics because of the havoc they wreak on the digestive system... but that’s just me. :)—V

Flumox antibiotics. Cipro, etc....

Hi Miyu! Sorry things r rough. I’m in same boat.

Barbara; I agree re doxy for sleep when needed, tho not every night. I believe it is now called Silenor. 2 mg might be enough. Unisom also can help...for me.

Blue

I'm just stopping in to say hi and let you know I'm still alive ! ( I've read a few posts but there are pages and pages I've missed , will try and catch up )

Things aren't so great still , some very rough days with mental stuff that I never experienced on the Valium . Scary crazy feeling stuff. I still feel it was the right choice to go back to mostly klonopin though as I have less side effects ,it's just different .

Ive switched all my k dose to liquid now , nut milk . It's pretty much impossible to get accurate dosing of k with dry pills if youre not taking a full pill as its so strong . But even with the liquid it's pretty hard to get accurate given how unbelievably sensitive I am to the slightest change , like one drop of liquid!

Always uplifting to come here and read some posts as I always feel like I will be off the benzos one day and  heal because of the great people here  :)

You're the best !

Good to see you here MiYu! Keep up the good fight.  :)—v

🎅 MiYu so good to hear from you, you remain in my Thoughts and Prayers always. Stay Strong :smitten:

You're the best !

Miyu!  so good to read about how you are doing!

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

My extreme sleep probs that got me on this stuff plague me.  If I don't sleep, I don't function.  Had tried some alternatives lately, mostly not working.  I posted this in another forum... hope okay to post here?  Don't know the netiquette of BB.  But any input is welcome.  Feel have been at this so long with no good result, tho.

---

Did just a couple drops of cbd oil with teense thc, seemed to relax me but I did not sleep.  So went to maybe 5 drops and did a few things next day then felt awful and very dried up (eyes) and anxious. And vibrating.  Think it not for me.

I get so anxious about not sleeping  took phenergan-- still up.  So took a lyrica yesterday and uh, I got up to find had knocked over little try where keep water bottle on bedstand.  Don't recall this at all! Is this amnesia?  Found the bottle in my bed comforter finally... but this kind of scary.  Now after sleep and nightmares, feel brain dead and inert.  I am wondering if would be better off on higher dose of a benzo.  Mixing and matchingi is going to confuse things.

Hi Barbara,

I found CDB to give me anxiety as well -- some of us may be super sensitive to MMJ in any form.

I have found that low dose Remeron helps me sleep.....  some don't want to try it as it is an AD, but for me not sleeping was almost as bad as w/d itself.

I can continue to taper and sleep..... FWIW

Glad you found this thread!

SS

Hi Lynn and others who have the knowledge! Thanks so much for your reply. I have been thinking of doing a daily liquid micro taper to see if that will decrease symptoms. Holding has been so so. I’ve seen some improvement but there hasn’t been an abatement of all symptoms. Even in the month hold I still was exhausted most days and had some d/r. I have massive food and chemical sensitivities that have kept me from eating like i want to for awhile. The idea behind DLMT I’ve read is to daily taper with needed holds instead of cutting, having big symptoms then waiting til they pass. It seems people are doing well that way. Has anyone tried both the DLMT and the long hold through dry cutting and found theyblreferred one over the other? Thanks for such a gentle group. I really appreciate the care in this forum.  :smitten:

Hi WW.  I prefer a DLMT over c/h just for the simple fact that with c/h, you don’t know how bad the cut is going to be and may end up having to hold for a longer time than if you are doing DLMT and stop as soon as you feel sxs increasing.  :)—V

Hi WW,

I prefer the DLMT over cut and hold for the same reason that V explained. When I feel a symptom coming on, I just hold in place for usually only a week and the symptom disappears. I have not had to do a long hold since mycut and hold days about 7 mos ago.... and my withdrawal has been pretty smooth with only symptoms that are minimal and do not get in the way of life.

I believe, as others have posted, that the CNS is not”shocked” by bigcuts when I do a DLMT. A DLMT ONLY REDUCES A DOSE BY A TINY FRACTION AT A TIME SO MY CNS may not even realize it.

Only thing is, I  have to be careful to not reduce more than a total of 5%  a month, because I have learned from experience, that is what my body can handle.

Heathcliff :smitten: good luck to you whatever you decide is best for you. I’m sure you will find your best way. :thumbsup:

Fluorquionolone rather—re antibiotics to avoid.

oh, yes, that’s the one I was thinking about but could not remember the name.

Thanks!

As of today though, I don’t think I will need any antibiotics at all. Thank goodness.

I’m going to write it down this time!

Heath :thumbsup:

MiYu, good to hear from you! Glad you are hanging in there! It certainly isn’t easy! I look for your posts and worry when you aren’t around much. Keep fighting...you will get there, I’m sure of it!

Heathcliff  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you all for your kind words of support ,

Love, MiYu  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

And Valley and Heathcliff , congratulations to you too on your low dose ! I look forward to the day ..... ::)

---

Hi Barbara,

I found CDB to give me anxiety as well -- some of us may be super sensitive to MMJ in any form.

I have found that low dose Remeron helps me sleep.....  some don't want to try it as it is an AD, but for me not sleeping was almost as bad as w/d itself.

I can continue to taper and sleep..... FWIW

Glad you found this thread!

SS

Barbara,

I also use remeron for sleep. Magnesium also helps me sleep better. You can even just use an oil on your skin, no need to even digest anything. Sleep for me is very important!

Thank you all for your kind words of support ,

Love, MiYu  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

And Valley and Heathcliff , congratulations to you too on your low dose ! I look forward to the day ..... ::)

MiYu,

I used to think the same thing you are thinking! I didn’t think I’d ever get down low like some of the buddies, below 1mg! But I got there, and you will too!

I know I have a very long time to go still! But it will happen. I’ll just keep plugging along.

So keep up your fight. :oXo: :oXo: And I’ll be fighting right along side you...all the way! We CAN do this.

Heath.  :smitten:

OH NO! WHAT DO I DO?

An very nice friend of mine , not very close, was just prescribed clorazepate for anxiety. Idon’t know the dose but she is only taking it once a day even though it is prescribed for three times a day.

I looked it up.

It’s a benzodiazepine drug. ( she has MS and it was prescribed for anxiety)

This person. DOES know a little bit about what I am going through to get off Diazapam. But not any of the hellish times. She’s not that close of a friend. I TOLD HER ONCE A WHILE AGO BUT WE NEVER TALK ABOUT IT BECAUSE I AM DOING VERY WELL @ND I DONT BRING IT UP AT ALL ANYMORE. I don’t think she even remembers that it’s a benzodiazepine that is doing this to me.

I’m no doctor.  But as a friend, should I warn her about Benzodiazepines? I don’t think she knows!

Is it my business?

Maybe she really NEEDS? This drug? ( as if ANYONE NEEDS A BENZO!)

Should I just tell her to bring up the possibility of addiction with her doctor?

Should I butt out?

I would want someone to tell me if it were me who was prescribed a benzo and not told about addiction!  DUH! That’s what happened to me!

What the heck do I do?

Help!

Heathcliff :-[  :(

OH NO! WHAT DO I DO?

An very nice friend of mine , not very close, was just prescribed clorazepate for anxiety. Idon’t know the dose but she is only taking it once a day even though it is prescribed for three times a day.

I looked it up.

It’s a benzodiazepine drug. ( she has MS and it was prescribed for anxiety)

This person. DOES know a little bit about what I am going through to get off Diazapam. But not any of the hellish times. She’s not that close of a friend. I TOLD HER ONCE A WHILE AGO BUT WE NEVER TALK ABOUT IT BECAUSE I AM DOING VERY WELL @ND I DONT BRING IT UP AT ALL ANYMORE. I don’t think she even remembers that it’s a benzodiazepine that is doing this to me.

I’m no doctor.  But as a friend, should I warn her about Benzodiazepines? I don’t think she knows!

Is it my business?

Maybe she really NEEDS? This drug? ( as if ANYONE NEEDS A BENZO!)

Should I just tell her to bring up the possibility of addiction with her doctor?

Should I butt out?

I would want someone to tell me if it were me who was prescribed a benzo and not told about addiction!  DUH! That’s what happened to me!

What the heck do I do?

Help!

Heathcliff :-[  :(

I warn everybody I see who is considering benzos. :)—V

Heath,  I agree with Valley.  I warn everyone so they can make an informed decision.  Perhaps encouraging your friend to talk to the pharmacist.  I wish someone had told me. G.

I always warn people now too. Even if they aren't even considering taking one! I want everyone to know the severity of the situation, because I wish I knew.

Thank you all for your replies. I will warn her, gently, but firmly, and tell her to have a long heart to heart with her  Pshyc.  I’ll also be very direct and let her know exactly what I have been and still am going through! :tickedoff:

She actually never went to a pdoc before she was prescribed this medicine. She was wondering why she had to go to a pdoc.  I’m going to tell her why!

There’s got to be something she can take other than a benzodiazapine!

Thank you all for your replies. I will warn her, gently, but firmly, and tell her to have a long heart to heart with her  Pshyc.  I’ll also be very direct and let her know exactly what I have been and still am going through! :tickedoff:

She actually never went to a pdoc before she was prescribed this medicine. She was wondering why she had to go to a pdoc.  I’m going to tell her why!

There’s got to be something she can take other than a benzodiazapine!

Hi Heath  :hug:  Point her to BB, tell her to read the leaflet with the drug, send her here  http://www.benzosupport.org/site_index.htm, and here http://bataid.org/ then here https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html to check for interactions between all the drugs she's taking plus the benzo. Tell her that Benzodiazepines are forged in hell by the devil  >:D and if she don't believe in hell she soon will after being prescribed that drug  :(  I tell everyone that comes to my home who are just passing strangers that bring my deliveries, or work men doing repairs  what that !@#$%^^*  drug has done to me as I'm afraid of having some bizzare symptom suddenly arise I have no control over. And I need to warn them about the effect my known ones have due to any work being undertaken in my home  :D :D :D or even in neighbors homes. :D :D :D

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Another voice chiming in to say I too warn anyone that I can -- if it makes sense within the conversation about meds and all -- to stay away from benzos.

It's a public service we do I think, as well as a deeply personal one for the person being steered away from a poison.

Thanks for bringing this ups Heath!

SS

Looking for some advice.  I have been holding for 4 months now and still haven't gotten any relief.  Tapered too fast.  If anything it seems to be getting worse.  Mainly anxiety and stomach issues.  Feels like there is a belt around my stomach.  Getting about 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night.  I've had blood work done and everything came back fine.

Have I just not topped out yet and my CNS is still messed up?    Not really getting any windows.  I was feeling better in the evenings a month ago.  But, now it seems I just finally go to sleep out of pure exhaustion.

I guess my question is should I keep holding or make a cut?  Scared to make a cut with my current symptoms but I am at a loss of what to do.

Also, I smoke cigarettes.  They don't seem to be helping any and probably making things worse.  Have been trying to stop but keep going back to them.

Dear Chris:

My own opinion of course.

I would suggest that you forget about trying to quit smoking right now. One thing at a time.

Have you considered updosing? Sometimes even a small dose correction can bring great relief. Yes, it is going backwards but really who cares if you can get your life back. Then hold.

I would not cut again if you are having issues; that would likely make things worse. I believe that you can heal on the way down if you go slow and put in the long holds. Your brain can catch up with where you are if you give it a chance. Good luck.

Dear Chris:

My own opinion of course.

I would suggest that you forget about trying to quit smoking right now. One thing at a time.

Have you considered updosing? Sometimes even a small dose correction can bring great relief. Yes, it is going backwards but really who cares if you can get your life back. Then hold.

I would not cut again if you are having issues; that would likely make things worse. I believe that you can heal on the way down if you go slow and put in the long holds. Your brain can catch up with where you are if you give it a chance. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply.  I really don't want to go up.  After 4 months is it even possible it can help?  I've read both ways.  Some say an updose helped and others say it made things worse.

I think you have answered my question about cutting right now.  I can't imagine it right now.  Luckily my Doc is supportive and will let me go as slow as I want to.  (He get's paid well).

As far as the smoking.  I know it reduces oxygen levels in your blood and I always seem to be cold.  I know anxiety can cause it but I feel like maybe the smoking is also contributing to it.  I've had other members tell me they quit and their anxiety went way down.  Problem is when I try to quit my anxiety goes through the roof.  BUT, when I've quit for a few days I haven't been as cold.  Might be just be me thinking too much.  I don't know anymore. 

Never been through anything like this before in my life.  Didn't even know what a Benzo was until I had been taking it for about 2 months.  I was prescribed it due to a bad reaction to a Beta Blocker.  Was an alcoholic for many years and after 30 days in rehab I was fine.  That was 15 years ago and I haven't touched a drop since and have not desire to.

[d6...]