Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi buddies, just wanted to let those who know me, that I am now at .60mg of Valium, I am doing well, in fact seem to not have as many blips anymore. The only thing that seems to be hanging on is the benzo belly, some times worse, other times so-so. But think it will not get better until I am completely off, as it has the same receptors as my Brain. Stay Strong. :smitten:

Way to go BG! :thumbsup:

Thanks Valley, so glad you are back with us. :smitten:

Begood,

This is wonderful news!!  I am so happy for you!!  You are doing it your way, and it is certainly paying off.

Great job!! 

Hugs,

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

Begood,

This is wonderful news!!  I am so happy for you!!  You are doing it your way, and it is certainly paying off.

Great job!! 

Hugs,

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Anne, you are doing well also, it really does come down to finding a way that works for us. :smitten:

Congratulations, begood! That's wonderful news!

Hi redpeach thanks for the congrats, it means a lot, please do not give up, I know how hard this journey is, this is my last go round, but I do think I have a good taper plan this time. Stay Strong. :smitten:

Great news BG.  I need to come up with a good liquid taper plan to finish.  Even a .001 mg cut causes significant symptoms.

Thanks Ginger, I would ask Valley for help, he is really good with those low doses. Hang on and Stay Strong. :smitten:

Great news BG.  I need to come up with a good liquid taper plan to finish.  Even a .001 mg cut causes significant symptoms.

Hi there Gingermint,

It looks like you're tapering from Xanax?  And at a pretty good clip.  I too am tapering X, (with a side of Valium) and also find that cuts of .001 would bring on BIG sxs, and that's with some Valium on board!  Right now I'm tapering some of the valium -- after a month hold -- to see what that is like before I go back to the X. 

The numbers are so small with Xanax that it can feel really frustrating i find, but it's all progress I figure, with Xanax the progress looks different though...

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

[f4...]
1 am now into my 3rd week on hold until after the Holidays, i know this sounds odd ! but in all my 6 months free from Valium i had like everyone bad bad days ! but i did have some good days in between. where i felt really good. but since i had to reinstate valium due to extreme panic attacks and anxiety, i feel depressed, something i never experienced while Valium free if fact in over 40 yrs of taking Valium i have never been depressed that i can remember lol Valium never really did anything for me i just felt normal in everything/ i never ever took more than my doc' prescribed i was not told why i needed to take them, apart from recovery after trauma, anyways  okay!! wdrls are almost non existent , i sleep, good but during the day i got no motivation tired all day, just feel down most the time, maybe because i reintroduced Valium back int my system??something i swore i would never do, but i had to get my system slow down i was banging of the walls lol looking forward to starting my new cut back and getting rid of this poison. just my lil vent folks lol take care everyone.

Suffering sixty,

I'm actually tapering ativan.  I was on xanax at first but it caused panic attacks so I dropped it.  I think Xanax and ativan are about the same to taper from.  My last .001 cut was the day after Thanksgiving.  Things are just starting to settle down.  I'm going to start a liquid microtaper after Christmas to see if that helps.

1 am now into my 3 week on hold until after the Holidays, i know this sounds odd ! but in all my 6 months free from Valium i had like everyone bad bad days ! but i did have some very good days in between. where i felt really good  and i mean really good lol but since i had to reinstate valium i feel depressed, something i never experienced while Valium free !! okay wdrls are almost non existent , i sleep, good but during the day i got no motivation tired all day, just feel down most the time, maybe because i reintroduced Valium back int my system?? looking forward to starting my new cut back and getting rid of this poison. just my lil vent folks lol take care everyone.

Valium is known for causing depression.  It's just temporary and will probably lift as you go lower.  Yay for holding during the holiday!!!

Did anyone’s consistency of their menstral blood change? If so how did it change?

Sorry for the gross question but I am curious because it’s giving me bad health anxiety. My period is normal otherwise, always on time, 4-5 days long, no other crazy pain or anything.

1 am now into my 3rd week on hold until after the Holidays, i know this sounds odd ! but in all my 6 months free from Valium i had like everyone bad bad days ! but i did have some good days in between. where i felt really good. but since i had to reinstate valium due to extreme panic attacks and anxiety, i feel depressed, something i never experienced while Valium free if fact in over 40 yrs of taking Valium i have never been depressed that i can remember lol Valium never really did anything for me i just felt normal in everything/ i never ever took more than my doc' prescribed i was not told why i needed to take them, apart from recovery after trauma, anyways  okay!! wdrls are almost non existent , i sleep, good but during the day i got no motivation tired all day, just feel down most the time, maybe because i reintroduced Valium back int my system??something i swore i would never do, but i had to get my system slow down i was banging of the walls lol looking forward to starting my new cut back and getting rid of this poison. just my lil vent folks lol take care everyone.

It could be the valium, it could also be vitamin deficiency, thyroid problems, low hormones.  I would rule everything else out if you have not already.  Are you able to exercise?

Suffering sixty,

I'm actually tapering ativan.  I was on xanax at first but it caused panic attacks so I dropped it.  I think Xanax and ativan are about the same to taper from.  My last .001 cut was the day after Thanksgiving.  Things are just starting to settle down.  I'm going to start a liquid microtaper after Christmas to see if that helps.

Hi Ginger,

Ya I think the taper from Ativan is similar to Xanax.  Liquid has been helpful for me, although it hasn't allowed me to speed up at all, just be very deliberate i my calculations....

SS

Hi long hold buddies,

Does this sound like  nerve pain?

Sometimes I get cramps in my feet. This is not cramps.

Sometimes feel like the bottom of my feet are kind of numb but not really because I can feel things when I walk barefoot. Is sometimes feels like I have bandaids wrapped around my toes. This is in both feet.

Also, I used to get tingly buzzy pains in my arms. Not any more. That is gone.

Now I have something much worse. I have a shooting pain that radiates into the side of my hand, the side with my pinky. It’s only the right hand. And it is accompanied by a very very tingly pain that is constant for hours on end. When I am active it doesn’t seem to be present  that much.

It’s not a cramp. It’s different from a cramp. My fingers don’t curl or cramp or anything like that. It’s just a very very bad tingling, buzzing kind of pain. Is this “nerve” pain?

This right hand pain is driving me crazy! It hurts so bad!

I will not go to another doctor! Every time I get a new wierd pain, it turns out to be from withdrawal and eventually goes away.

I’m hoping that this is also from withdrawal but I need some advice on controlling it! It’s been with me for about 10 days or so now and seems to be getting worse. Now it keeps my up at night!

What can I do for this horrible pain? Does anyone have experience with this?

I’m wondering how long this will last?

I’m wondering if I stop and hold my taper if may help stop this pain ? Any advice is very very welcome! I am at .745mg valium  and doing a daily liquid micro taper of a 5% reduction each month.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Heathcliff :-[

Hi long hold buddies,

Sometimes feel like the bottom of my feet are kind of numb but not really because I can feel things when I walk barefoot. Is sometimes feels like I have bandaids wrapped around my toes. This is in both feet.

Now I have something much worse. I have a shooting pain that radiates into the side of my hand, the side with my pinky. It’s only the right hand. And it is accompanied by a very very tingly pain that is constant for hours on end. When I am active it doesn’t seem to be present  that much.

It’s not a cramp. It’s different from a cramp. My fingers don’t curl or cramp or anything like that. It’s just a very very bad tingling, buzzing kind of pain. Is this “nerve” pain?

I will not go to another doctor! Every time I get a new wierd pain, it turns out to be from withdrawal and eventually goes away.

I’m hoping that this is also from withdrawal but I need some advice on controlling it! It’s been with me for about 10 days or so now and seems to be getting worse. Now it keeps my up at night!

I’m wondering if I stop and hold my taper if may help stop this pain ? Any advice is very very welcome! I am at .745mg valium  and doing a daily liquid micro taper of a 5% reduction each month.

Hi Heath. I can relate to this. I have also seen many other buddies with this kind of pain. For some reason one of the withdrawal sxs that many have mimics thoracic outlet syndrome. It could be the muscles have tighrptened from withdrawal and are impinging your nerves. There are stretches you can do if you do a search for TOS on YouTube. I hope it resolves for you quickly! :)—V

Hi long hold buddies,

Heath I do not have that feeling. But I wonder if you are cutting more % than 5% a month. I found out that I am cutting close to 7% now that I am getting lower and I will have to cut down my %. I just checked and I should be cutting 3% instead of 5% which is almost 8%, I see that I am going to watch this also. That could be making you not feel well, and if it persists you should see your Doctor. Here is the link. Stay Strong. :smitten:

🎅

Heathcliff  -  YES, it sounds like nerve pain.  I had some really scary hand nerve pain and my hand crumpled up. It's crumpled like the feet of the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz.  I have never been so terrified.  For me, it happened when I was stressed out and still taking benzos, pre taper, and taking more for "as needed".  I also was having a lot of migraines at the time and, not sure if this has anything to do with it, but it happened after seeing bright sunlight and rain moving in.

Buddie56 -- Try a little coffee, just a little if you aren't used to it (an inch) to counter the ennui of Valium.  It should make you feel better, not more nervous, if you try just a little. 

Suffering sixty,

Yes, I'm not expecting to go faster.  Just hoping the microtaper will make it easier.

BG, thanks for posting the calculator.  It's very helpful.  What typically is a good monthly taper amount?  I was thinking 3-5%. G

Hi long hold buddies,

Hi Heath. I can relate to this. I have also seen many other buddies with this kind of pain. For some reason one of the withdrawal sxs that many have mimics thoracic outlet syndrome. It could be the muscles have tighrptened from withdrawal and are impinging your nerves. There are stretches you can do if you do a search for TOS on YouTube. I hope it resolves for you quickly! :)—V

That is exactly what I have found. I was always worried I had TOS, but most of the sxs go away during a hold when I am not actively tapering. For me, I would get excruciating pain in my neck, upper back,  shoulders and on top of the forearm and other various pains. I think mine fits the definition of parenthesis mostly. It was this pain that actually lead me to believe that my problems were predominately caused by benzo tolerance and then later benzo withdrawal when I started tapering.

Suffering sixty,

Yes, I'm not expecting to go faster.  Just hoping the microtaper will make it easier.

BG, thanks for posting the calculator.  It's very helpful.  What typically is a good monthly taper amount?  I was thinking 3-5%. G

Someone posted that link here before and it is good. I think 3-5% is a good number, that is what I have been doing....well now it is more, and I am waiting to see how it affects me before I decrease amt, I hold for a month after my 10 day taper, this is just the way it has worked for me. :smitten:

[f4...]

It could be the valium, it could also be vitamin deficiency, thyroid problems, low hormones.  I would rule everything else out if you have not already.  Are you able to exercise?

Hi.George, i do exercise like 5 days a week , i have always enjoyed since i was a kid lol i think you are right going back on the poison for a short hold seems right to me also, i also noticed for the first couple of weeks going back i slept good then after that i was waking every hour through the night and my brain became over active lol. worrying about stuff always been a worrier anyways, so i decided instead of taking the poison at breakfast time take it an hour before i turn in at night, seems to work at moment getting quality sleep time, but still feel down in the day, ah well i can't have my cake and eat it lol. count my blessings i am on the mend. thanks,George hope every thing is going well for you,  stay safe. Derek.

[62...]