Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi, Nova.

Am still up, heart pounding and feel short of breath since I took too little valium for 2 days.  ACK.  I have gone back to where I was but this is so bad.  Very anxious, trouble focusing-- was going to walk around block in dark,  but had fear I would not find way back (after going half a block).

This going to pass or am I back to square one?? :'(

I sympathize with your construction noise.  It is happening everywhere here and my neighbor is going to start soon.  Noise always has bothered me and now being so sick.  So I certainly get that.

I'd love to move but, uh, the stress...

Hi Babs  :hug: your probably feeling more anxious on top of ongoing anxiety  worrying about not taking enough Valium over 2 days and its making you feel even worse, but Valium(Diazepam) has a long life cycle compared to the other benzos so your blood level shouldn't have dropped over 2 days. Personally I  and lots of others have on quite a few occasions have missed doses. I am also on Diazepam, and just taken the missed ones as soon as I remember so does everyone else regardless of what benzo it is when they miss doses, and you can either split the missed doses with you daily dose.

As in take one missed dose with your AM dose then whenever you dose again until your have caught up with the missed doses, or take the missed doses at the same time together with which ever daily dose you prefer or as a dose on their own. You need to take them as due to the long half life of Valium you may not feel the withdrwal from the missed doses for anything up to a few days to few weeks away from now, it will not hurt you to take them as their not extra doses their missed doses .  :)

And I also go walking in the dark at stupid o'clock when I'm able, over the last few yer's I had to do it at 3-4am many times as I can't stand the traffic noise later on even ear plugs are no help and also I don't want to have to stop and try and be sociable if I bump into anyone I know when I'm feeling rough. So I'll go walking in the dark very early hours then as well.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

They are knocking a house down tomorrow next to us.....can’t wait....then building a beautiful new place.  It’s the NOISE

Hi HS  :hug:  Tell me about it its super hell! Down stairs is being smashed down and bits rebuilt and new doors put in And I need repairs done here as well NOISE!!!!!!!!!!! I can't freaking handle it, its one of my worst symptoms it causes bloody agonizing pain and my brain goes all hay wire, and it knocks me to the floor and I can't get up at a certain volume :D Then its back into a worse wave than the one I've been waiting to pass was, and all waves are bad anyway but NOISE makes them feel unlivable sometimes, well quite often actually  ::)

Hi I'm out of BB from today.

A big thank you to Valley, Cant [who is AWOL  :)]  Heath, Lynn and Begood who did offer much  help when I first joined.

Also not forgetting Miyu, Freeme  and Serenitee I wish you all good things and good luck with your healing  :smitten: :smitten:

Slowly, I'll miss your wonderful banter, positive approach and wise counsel... And I know you know what is best for you!

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Nova, glad to know someone else walks in the dark as it quiet and won't be recognized... hehe.

Oh now I am worried about the noise gonna happen here, as if there is not enough already.

I did not understand about the missed dose.  I take it at night.  I did take it but also took a Lyrica which did not work at first but later on slept a lot... now hungover still.  But that better than panic.

Not sure what to do for sleep tonight-- that my huge problem.

Tx for the replies.

I have a question Valium folks!

I dose 4X a day, which I hear is pretty unusual to start with, but I sure can tell the time by my dosage schedule. :D  So for now that's what I need  to do.

( Weirdly my Xanax dose lasts me 12 hours....... 10pm-10am)

Yesterday I tried to extend the time between doses -- I'm holding atm -- in preparation for starting to taper some Valium.

(I know that is unusual too.  Have been told to get off the Xanax completely and then the Valium.  But I really dislike how Valium makes me feel)

I tried to go 4 hours between doses instead of the three hours I have been doing, and by the evening was in pretty bad shape.  It's all kind of counterintuitive as Valium has such a long-half life ( but as I have read in a number of publications, a short duration of action)  and I'm not supposed to be feeling any changes that quickly, let alone not tapering that day...

In short I changed the dosing schedule, did not taper at all and I've upped my symptoms dramatically!

any explanation as to what might be going on with this body?

How do you change your dosing schedule if you do?  any input on this dilemma?

Does my body simply respond to Xanax better?

I envy those who get to dose 1X a day and wonder how you do that?!?!

Thanks in advance.

For today I'm going back to my old schedule....

I'm going to try this post on the Valium/Diazepam thread as well

SS

I dose 4X a day, which I hear is pretty unusual to start with, but I sure can tell the time by my dosage schedule. :D  So for now that's what I need  to do.

Yesterday I tried to extend the time between doses -- I'm holding atm -- in preparation for starting to taper some Valium.

(I know that is unusual too.  Have been told to get off the Xanax completely and then the Valium.  But I really dislike how Valium makes me feel)

I tried to go 4 hours between doses instead of the three hours I have been doing, and by the evening was in pretty bad shape.  It's all kind of counterintuitive as Valium has such a long-half life ( but as I have read in a number of publications, a short duration of action)  and I'm not supposed to be feeling any changes that quickly, let alone not tapering that day...

In short I changed the dosing schedule, did not taper at all and I've upped my symptoms dramatically!

Thanks in advance.

SS

Hi SS  :hug: Hide the clock!! Seriously the mind is very powerful even if it is messed up :o  Don't look at anything with a clock face on it and cover the one up on your PC so you can't keep anxiously looking at it. Try setting the alarm on your phone ( that's what I did)  rather than clock watch as this will make you anxious and trip all sorts of symptoms off which are just really an extension of the anxiety not symptoms because you've moved you dosing time. Or do it by smaller steps a week apart say 15 mins later week one, 30 Min later week  week two, 45 week three, hour week four then carry on at that rate.

Or go a few more days longer than a week at 15 mins later each however many days you decide on, even 10 days apart is fine and gives you time to relax and not over think the dose timing changes. I've now got that I can swap and change the time about without any problems.  And go longer between doses and not swallow a few pills as soon as I open my eyes as that panicky feeling is no longer there, that if I don't take then immediately woe betide me?

I actually take them as late as I possibly can in the morning take evening doses late if I feel like it with no drastic changes at all, and now I cut my whole days doses into strips of 5 to keep track that I'm actually taking my full daily  dose as I was forgetting to take dose as I'm cool with the fact that as long as I take my daily dose it hasn't got to be regimented by what time and so many hours apart. :-\

As I no longer fear the time factor effecting me if I don't dose by a certain time :socool: And also the logical fact that if I'm going to feel like shit or symptoms get worse its going to happen regardless of what time I take my dose and its just a case of what will be will be, not it happened because of what time I took my Diazepam  or how many hours apart I took them ;D 

Thanks in advance.

SS

Hi SS  :hug: Hide the clock!! Seriously the mind is very powerful even if it is messed up :o  Don't look at anything with a clock face on it and cover the one up on your PC so you can't keep anxiously looking at it. Try setting the alarm on your phone ( that's what I did)  rather than clock watch as this will make you anxious and trip all sorts of symptoms off which are just really an extension of the anxiety not symptoms because you've moved you dosing time. Or do it by smaller steps a week apart say 15 mins later week one, 30 Min later week  week two, 45 week three, hour week four then carry on at that rate.

Or go a few more days longer than a week at 15 mins later each however many days you decide on, even 10 days apart is fine and gives you time to relax and not over think the dose timing changes. I've now got that I can swap and change the time about without any problems.  And go longer between doses and not swallow a few pills as soon as I open my eyes as that panicky feeling is no longer there, that if I don't take then immediately woe betide me?

I actually take them as late as I possibly can in the morning take evening doses late if I feel like it with no drastic changes at all, and now I cut my whole days doses into strips of 5 to keep track that I'm actually taking my full daily  dose as I was forgetting to take dose as I'm cool with the fact that as long as I take my daily dose it hasn't got to be regimented by what time and so many hours apart. :-\

As I no longer fear the time factor effecting me if I don't dose by a certain time :socool: And also the logical fact that if I'm going to feel like shit or symptoms get worse its going to happen regardless of what time I take my dose and its just a case of what will be will be, not it happened because of what time I took my Diazepam  or how many hours apart I took them ;D 

Hi Nova,

Thanks for this answer.  I guess the idea is that I may have expected my body to do too much in one day.  And yes hide the clock!  :D

Yup I'm going to try for as late in the morning as possible, and then take it from there.

BTW how often do you dose daily?  Just out of curiosity?

Feeling a bit beaten up today.... but onwards!

And as someone reminded of when he was around here.  Stay Strong!

SS

Thanks in advance.

SS

Hi Nova,

Thanks for this answer.  I guess the idea is that I may have expected my body to do too much in one day.  And yes hide the clock!  :D

Yup I'm going to try for as late in the morning as possible, and then take it from there.

SS

Hi SS  :hug: I currently dose 3 times early hours of the morning but not as soon as I wake up, usually anything from an hour to 3 hours depending on how early it is late morning as I thats when I mostly  have people calling for any reason such as deliveries, ongoing  repairs and work in my home. And incase I have to get out of my home and sit and wait  in someones  home across the road due to the building work down stairs.

Once the building work around me  :D and my repairs  :D are all sorted which is going to be in around mid December some time, I will be waiting to get more stable before making  any further changes. Once I get some sort of equilibrium or am sure about if this is definitely going to be my base line I will be looking at tapering again, but I'm holding for a few more months yet if I feel I need to

And by the time I wake up and take my AM dose its 12 or more hours between doses anyway, I do NOT believe in setting the alarm to keep waking yourself up every few hours especially if you not sleeping well  to the point of bordering on insomnia or have insomnia. And I also don't believe shocking your CNS with a bloody alarm every few hours helps either, :o  My anxiety is profound enough without needing ading and abetting by an alarm, I'd be a screaming looney if I was setting alarms off. Cortisol  rushes are  bad enough with out being kicked started and super energised by alarm bell shock I need all the sleep I can get and I don't need a shrilling alarm to add to it when I can't sleep either. I also turn my phone of at night as text and notifications were sending me nuts dinging at all hours.

Love Nova xxx    :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks in advance.

SS

Hi Nova,

SS

Hi SS  :hug: I currently dose 3 times early hours of the morning but not as soon as I wake up, usually anything from an hour to 3 hours depending on how early it is late morning as I thats when I mostly  have people calling for any reason such as deliveries, ongoing  repairs and work in my home. And incase I have to get out of my home and sit and wait  in someones  home across the road due to the building work down stairs.

Once the building work around me  :D and my repairs  :D are all sorted which is going to be in around mid December some time, I will be waiting to get more stable before making  any further changes. Once I get some sort of equilibrium or am sure about if this is definitely going to be my base line I will be looking at tapering again, but I'm holding for a few more months yet if I feel I need to

And by the time I wake up and take my AM dose its 12 or more hours between doses anyway, I do NOT believe in setting the alarm to keep waking yourself up every few hours especially if you not sleeping well  to the point of bordering on insomnia or have insomnia. And I also don't believe shocking your CNS with a bloody alarm every few hours helps either, :o  My anxiety is profound enough without needing ading and abetting by an alarm, I'd be a screaming looney if I was setting alarms off. Cortisol  rushes are  bad enough with out being kicked started and super energised by alarm bell shock I need all the sleep I can get and I don't need a shrilling alarm to add to it when I can't sleep either. I also turn my phone of at night as text and notifications were sending me nuts dinging at all hours.

Love Nova xxx    :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks for this Nova, Weird huh how the body can go 12 or more hours between doses during the night and then be screaming for meds every 3-4 hours during the day.  Before tapering I only ever dosed with Xanax once a day and was fine, no interdose w/d until Ambien was added to the mix.  Then the fun began!

Luckily my experiment really only affected  me the one day so not too much back sliding or anything...  Somehow that really boosted my mood... One day and the body is back on track.  Yay body keep up the good work...

I'll go back to my old dosing schedule and take it from there, still holding for a bit longer....

Sure hope the noise from the reins or neighbours calms down for you soon!  and thanks for your detailed answers. 

SS

Throwing in my schedule as to night doses and clock watching to contribute to this conversation of time and regular vs flexible dosing.

I set an alarm on my phone, hence, I am not clock watching.

I have never allowed myself to dose through the night. I felt my body would expect it, and demand a dose at 2 am, or whatever. I read or listen to soothing sounds every time I wake up. I seldom experience withdraw through the night, just lots of waking up and dozing, poor sleep.

I take dose 1 anywhere from when I wake up to 2 hours after my eyes pop open, depends on the time and extent of wd. I then set my phone alarm for 6.5 hours (that is how long I am waiting for dose 2 right now) and, I do my best not to think about the time too much. After 5 hours, the interdose wd tends to hit pretty ugly, so, I do my yoga, meditation, biking as weather allows,whatever. I worked up to this. From 4 hours, to 4.5 and so on.

I worked up to this, that is key, no more than 30 minutes longer between dose 1 and 2, about a week each time. And it has been hell. I am just now seeing some improvement.

My other change was to go from 3 doses to 2 a day. Again, I worked into it. Also, hell, but I am also just now experiencing some easing off of the sxs which included air hunger and increased anxiety.

2 and a half months ago I stopped taking a 3ed dose. I increased the size of the 2 other doses so I wouldn't drop too much in my overall number. It took me from 7 Mg's to 6.5 per day. That means I go as much as 18 hours between doses. It is just now easing a bit. I am finally sleeping a bit better, and the evening wd is not always so intense. I am also holding until I am better with this change. I did this gradually, cutting dose 3 down until it was 1/3 of the original amount, then stopped taking it. As I cut it down, I added a bit more to the other 2 doses.

My intent was to train my CNS to function without always being on xanax.

I know most people would not stretch out xanax so much, as it is so short acting. However, in paying attention to my body, this is working better than staying at 3 smaller doses, taking 2 larger ones.

I remain flexible. Just because I cut to 2 doses this round, does not mean I will cut to 1 next. I will probably start micro reducing those 2 doses.

Moral of the story: no matter what time schedule we choose, most of us will experience wd, we are, after all, tapering. And, I learned I can handle a long interdose wd between dose 1 and 2 without dying. Our bodies will always want more benzo, and want it sooner, period. The benzo does not get to dictate my schedule, I do, but it HAS TO BE eased into if one is dropping a dose, and stretching time between doses. It  hurt like hell, but I am playing the long game.

I am not suggesting anyone copy what I am doing. I am simply adding my experience and methodology to the discussion.

We do not need to be rigid as to times. If I hit 6.5 hours into dose 1, and am functional, I will wait. This is rare, but it does happen. The body adapts to a strict schedule if we follow one. It also adapts to a loose schedule if we go that course. It is up to us as individuals to determine what our CNS handles the best.

Throwing in my schedule as to night doses and clock watching to contribute to this conversation of time and regular vs flexible dosing.

I set an alarm on my phone, hence, I am not clock watching.

I have never allowed myself to dose through the night. I felt my body would expect it, and demand a dose at 2 am, or whatever. I read or listen to soothing sounds every time I wake up. I seldom experience withdraw through the night, just lots of waking up and dozing, poor sleep.

I take dose 1 anywhere from when I wake up to 2 hours after my eyes pop open, depends on the time and extent of wd. I then set my phone alarm for 6.5 hours (that is how long I am waiting for dose 2 right now) and, I do my best not to think about the time too much. After 5 hours, the interdose wd tends to hit pretty ugly, so, I do my yoga, meditation, biking as weather allows,whatever. I worked up to this. From 4 hours, to 4.5 and so on.

I worked up to this, that is key, no more than 30 minutes longer between dose 1 and 2, about a week each time. And it has been hell. I am just now seeing some improvement.

My other change was to go from 3 doses to 2 a day. Again, I worked into it. Also, hell, but I am also just now experiencing some easing off of the sxs which included air hunger and increased anxiety.

2 and a half months ago I stopped taking a 3ed dose. I increased the size of the 2 other doses so I wouldn't drop too much in my overall number. It took me from 7 Mg's to 6.5 per day. That means I go as much as 18 hours between doses. It is just now easing a bit. I am finally sleeping a bit better, and the evening wd is not always so intense. I am also holding until I am better with this change. I did this gradually, cutting dose 3 down until it was 1/3 of the original amount, then stopped taking it. As I cut it down, I added a bit more to the other 2 doses.

My intent was to train my CNS to function without always being on xanax.

I know most people would not stretch out xanax so much, as it is so short acting. However, in paying attention to my body, this is working better than staying at 3 smaller doses, taking 2 larger ones.

I remain flexible. Just because I cut to 2 doses this round, does not mean I will cut to 1 next. I will probably start micro reducing those 2 doses.

Moral of the story: no matter what time schedule we choose, most of us will experience wd, we are, after all, tapering. And, I learned I can handle a long interdose wd between dose 1 and 2 without dying. Our bodies will always want more benzo, and want it sooner, period. The benzo does not get to dictate my schedule, I do, but it HAS TO BE eased into if one is dropping a dose, and stretching time between doses. It  hurt like hell, but I am playing the long game.

I am not suggesting anyone copy what I am doing. I am simply adding my experience and methodology to the discussion.

We do not need to be rigid as to times. If I hit 6.5 hours into dose 1, and am functional, I will wait. This is rare, but it does happen. The body adapts to a strict schedule if we follow one. It also adapts to a loose schedule if we go that course. It is up to us as individuals to determine what our CNS handles the best.

Wow Baddove,

Thanks for this detailed and informative post about how you are handling things :thumbsup: It's so true i think I've trained my body to "need" Valium doses every three hours during the day, although it does very well for 12 hours at night when i take my Xanax!  And I've only been tapering the Xanax up until now.

And I tried to change the dosage time too quickly as I am trying to head down in the number of times I am dosing...

I'm taking all of this into consideration as I plan what my next moves will be to adjust my dosages while I hold -- not taper any Xanax.

Yep the interdose w/d can be pretty rough, but in some ways that is what we have to do to get through this whole dance with benzos!

Best wishes to all as we go through this and think for the info!

SS

Sorry I’ve been off.  I haven’t been able to even think about anything but what’s going on in life.  I am working a lot and that makes it even more difficult.  I’ve lost over 30 pounds and am now under 150.  It’s been a long road and I’ve been really sick to add insult to injury. I will try to give the rundown in a few days.  Sorry again.  Hope all are well.  I will need to do a lot of reading to catch up. :)—V

Sorry I’ve been off.  I haven’t been able to even think about anything but what’s going on in life.  I am working a lot and that makes it even more difficult.  I’ve lost over 30 pounds and am now under 150.  It’s been a long road and I’ve been really sick to add insult to injury. I will try to give the rundown in a few days.  Sorry again.  Hope all are well.  I will need to do a lot of reading to catch up. :)—V

Hi Flying  V  :hug: Glad to hear from you sorry its not under better circumstances  :therethere: give the run down when your ready seems you've got a lot to get off your chest. And if you don't want to talk about it don't feel obligated too you owe no-one nothing its yourself you need to take care of. But if there's anything we can help you with we're here, and if you do need to talk about everything and anything your free to do that  too so fire away when your ready  :hug:

Much Love to you Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Valley, so good to see you back, I agree with everything my [glow=red,2,300]"SISTA"[/glow] Nova wrote, just please know we are here for you and we can wait and we can support you all that you need. I am so sorry you have also been so sick. Always kind regards for you My Friend you have been missed. :smitten:

Hi Valley, so good to see you back, I agree with everything my [glow=red,2,300]"SISTA"[/glow] Nova wrote, just please know we are here for you and we can wait and we can support you all that you need. I am so sorry you have also been so sick. Always kind regards for you My Friend you have been missed. :smitten:

Me too Valley

Weve missed you  :smitten:

Hi "SISTA"  :hug: :hug: :hug:  Hope you get your blood sugar sorted out, I read your blog to keep an eye on how your doing along with the rest of the crew that hang out there, any more people post on there and their going to have to archive your first blog  part one.  And then activate part two beofre the website crashes :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Its like the programme ''Cheers! on there, but with out the beers ;D

Love You loads  :hug::mybuddy::hug: Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi "SISTA"  :hug: :hug: :hug:  Hope you get your blood sugar sorted out, I read your blog to keep an eye on how your doing along with the rest of the crew that hang out there, any more people post on there and their going to have to archive your first blog  part one.  And then activate part two beofre the website crashes :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Its like the programme ''Cheers! on there, but with out the beers ;D

Love You loads  :hug::mybuddy::hug: Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey I always felt your presence on the blog, thanks for reading, I know many read and so glad you do. No we can have the beers if you like, in fact when we all get through this we need to have a big "Partay". Only the best thoughts for you always. Your [glow=red,2,300][glow=red,2,300]"SIS"[/glow] :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Welcome back Valley and sorry about your troubles.  :smitten:

Hi free  :hug: I'm sorry your still suffering dreadfully too :( My sister said to me yesterday 'Its been year's now, don't you think you'd be better off staying on the drug or putting the dose right back up so you can have a life not be in this mess?? Man! you just cannot tell some people, well ALL the peole that haven't been in this hell at all.  ::)

Like I told her  I had gone into tolerance withdrawal the drug had also turned on me a long time ago, practically when I was very first put on it,  but I wasn't aware it was benzo side effects, and knew nothing about ANY prescribed drug withdrwal I HAVE to get off it its not that simple, and even if I was ok on the poison I would have gotten off once I found out everything I know now a LONG time ago "$^*(X!^(@?!    Its much easier the less you have to be around ANYONE most of the time, even when its so bad I can barely get a drink of wtaer or move never mind anything more strenuous. I am very much a polar opposites person, peole think I'm an extrovert but I'm also an introvert, when I'm quiet EVERYONE keeps asking me whats wrong? when I'm just as happy being so quiet I'm practically invisable.

Thank you Nova,  If I knew the Drs. would keep prescribing maybe I wouldn't worry but I think they are going to push people off soon esp. since i will be going on Medicare in March.  Its very scary to be in such pain and be told they can't help because of guidelines to pain meds.  I have been at same dose a long time and it doesn't do a lot of good but they will not raise it as the govt is on their backs.  If I also knew it would help to updose again I would try but too scared at this point.  Really, I don't know which way to turn and am frankly terrified. 

Hey Valley

Missed you man. Good to hear from you.

Take care,  Best Wishes

Hey Valley,

You take as much time as you need given what you've been going through.....

We Missed you....  Hope you feel better really soon

Best wishes to you!

SS

Hey buddies! Been traveling for last two weeks and been away from the internet for almost the entire time. Since I was doing so well on the trip, and actually extended it for a couple days, I dry cut another .125mg 2 days ago. Now down to .625mg/day and tracking to my planned year end jump. As always, sleep could be better, but still getting 6 hours. But, the anxiety has not been as gripping. I wouldn't call it a window, just possibly hard work paying off to power through. I'm actually shrugging off a good portion of it and it is losing some of its power. My therapist has been a big help in this regard.

I will be ordering liquid micro tapering supplies today to cut the rest of the way. The end of the taper portion of the journey is in sight!

Hey buddies! Been traveling for last two weeks and been away from the internet for almost the entire time. Since I was doing so well on the trip, and actually extended it for a couple days, I dry cut another .125mg 2 days ago. Now down to .625mg/day and tracking to my planned year end jump. As always, sleep could be better, but still getting 6 hours. But, the anxiety has not been as gripping. I wouldn't call it a window, just possibly hard work paying off to power through. I'm actually shrugging off a good portion of it and it is losing some of its power. My therapist has been a big help in this regard.

I will be ordering liquid micro tapering supplies today to cut the rest of the way. The end of the taper portion of the journey is in sight!

TMB!  this is such a great post... :thumbsup:

So inspiring for those of us who have a ways to go...

It's true in so many ways I find.  some days if I focus on sxs then the day is tough, but if I can focus on living life with sxs then they don't seem to be so bad.  When I journal at the end of the day they were all still around, I just managed to get them into the background.... Not every day is like that of course, but that some can be creates such hope.  (I'm also holding atm  :D:laugh:)

I hope that the titration goes really well.... I'll be reading...

SS

[4d...]