Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi guys, I posted this in another thread but I want to add it here to just in case.. so I think I may have cut too fast...3 days ago I went from 3ml x2 a day of titrates milk Ativan (1mg pill crushed up into 40 ml of milk)  to 1.5 ml x2 a day. 3 days later and I'm getting symptoms I didn't have before again..namely heart stuff and jerking awake when I try to sleep....I was doing pretty good until I cut that big..thinking I would be alright, is it too late to go back to my previous dose? Will it make me Kindle? Any advice would be appreciated..thanks guys.

Hi Arty. I personally don’t believe a dose correction this early in from a cut would hurt you at all and may even help you stabilize quicker.  :)—V

Valley I hope there is better news about Cookie ? :(

I’m pleased to report tha Cookie seems to have pulled through for the moment. I had to give her water for several days but she is out with the others now and appears to be doing ok. I haven’t seen a chicken bounce back Li,e that bit it is Cookie after all.  :)—V

Thank goodness, maybe she was constipated.... ::) please keep a good eye on our Girl. :thumbsup:

I’m pleased to report tha Cookie seems to have pulled through for the moment. I had to give her water for several days but she is out with the others now and appears to be doing ok. I haven’t seen a chicken bounce back Li,e that bit it is Cookie after all.  :)—V

Thank goodness, maybe she was constipated.... ::) please keep a good eye on our Girl. :thumbsup:

It was a weird respiratory thing they seem to get. The others usually die pretty fast. She had a raspy cluck until I would give her water and then she would sound fine. She is constantly talking to you and following you around which is why she is our favorite lol.  :)—V

Thanks you guys...I'm going back to where I was stable...I did it last night and went to sleep....actually slept alright..I'm going to hold here for a little bit then go back to tapering..no more 50percent cuts!

Hi all

Just wanted to check in......don't know about cookie but glad He/She pulled through....

I've been holding fir awhile trying to get back into my life and be functional....I went to the grocery store yesterday.....bought the grandkids some clothes another day....got my hair done and bought Christmas cards today.....going out to eat and to the fire house with the kids tonight.  I am pushing myself ....still feel weird and dizzy but trying to work on my stamina ......walking a bit every afternoon.  Lynn it made me encouraged to say you didn't feel better for 6 months.

Don't want to be a downer.....so working on being cheerful and functional.  My husband was excited last night that I had an apron on.  He's so happy. 

Next week I'm going to buy Christmas pjs for the grands.  I changed my diet and I just keep moving.

Although...today i seem more tired....guess it's part if the program..

Heath glad your joints are feeling better..

My best to all if you struggling and those who gave taught me to heal my brain

Thank you.

❤️HS

One more thing. .... I knew things were starting to improve when the cobwebs in my dining room bay window were driving me crazy. Got the hose out yesterday and hauled to that side of the house... very not me to have gross windows .

And I'm getting out fall decorations.... and want to🎃

Thank you again

❤️Hs

Nice- HS.  I'm glad you feel a little bit better.  I also am starting to feel a little bit better.  My husband gave me a neck massage last night and it changed my world.  I felt fine for three hours.  It was an amazing window.  I woke up this morning in pain again but hopefully this means healing it happening. 

It was a weird respiratory thing they seem to get. The others usually die pretty fast. She had a raspy cluck until I would give her water and then she would sound fine. She is constantly talking to you and following you around which is why she is our favorite lol.  :)—V

:laugh:  cute!

My friend, who rescues battery farm hens, has one like that who even follows her into the kitchen and is always talking.

They can be so funny and they do have distinct personalities.

Health

I have arthritis pain in a finger where I've never experienced pain before....and it's a warm and sunny day. 83 is warm for October on New Jersey. The knees ....forget it....every day...so strange.

Green cup....so glad your massage helped...sometimes I beg my husband to work a knot out.

❤️HS

I actually have the glue gun out to fix a wreath.....I'm telling everyone this to encourage them that holding has helped me....I'm not stable yet.....but moving forward

Hope this helps the new people.

So good to hear this HS!

So good. :thumbsup:

I did a one month hold that helped, but I'm really determined to get off another .02 Xanax before I do a longer hold.  It'll just make things easier when I don't have to deal with liquid every night.  I'm very close....

The thing about holds is that they make the tapering after easier as well.....

So  what's not to love about a long hold I say..

And these kinds of post, help so much with that thinking HS!

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Hi all

Just wanted to check in......don't know about cookie but glad He/She pulled through....

I've been holding fir awhile trying to get back into my life and be functional....I went to the grocery store yesterday.....bought the grandkids some clothes another day....got my hair done and bought Christmas cards today.....going out to eat and to the fire house with the kids tonight.  I am pushing myself ....still feel weird and dizzy but trying to work on my stamina ......walking a bit every afternoon.  Lynn it made me encouraged to say you didn't feel better for 6 months.

Don't want to be a downer.....so working on being cheerful and functional.  My husband was excited last night that I had an apron on.  He's so happy. 

Next week I'm going to buy Christmas pjs for the grands.  I changed my diet and I just keep moving.

Although...today i seem more tired....guess it's part if the program..

Heath glad your joints are feeling better..

My best to all if you struggling and those who gave taught me to heal my brain

Thank you.

❤️HS

Hi Healing Seeker,

I'm happy to hear that you are wearing an apron again, getting to the grocery store etc. it is so Hard to push through difficult days, weeks etc  but I know it is so important to do whatever you can. I'm sure the longer you hold, the better things will get.

Be strong, I wish you good days and less struggle. It seems like you have even the bad days under control. And when you need more support, we are here for you!

Heath :thumbsup::smitten:

Oh yes...to all who are having arthritis- like joint pains.... looks like we've contracted the same disease.  No not RA... REUMATOID ARTHRITIS

BUT....BA....... BENZO-ARTHRITIS! Only thank goodness, this kind of arthritis is a passing thing!

:D:crazy::idiot::o

I just needed a stupid laugh today.

A hug to Cookie from me.  :hug:

Hi Valley,

I am so glad Cookie is doing better!!

It sounds like everyone is doing well.  I have not posted in a long while, but I do try to read when I can.  I have a Monday deadline so I have been very busy and that will continue over the weekend.  Things are gong well here with the taper.  I got down to 0.168 mg/day which is where I was back in June 2016 when I up dosed.  I feel great!!

To those of you that are still not sure about long holds or very slow tapers, please be patient. They do work.  I am now able to do things that I could not even think about a few months ago.  Holding and reducing my taper rate has worked wonders.  I feel normal most of the time.  Right now I am under a lot of stress, but I feel good.  I could not have handled this several months ago. I feel that a lot of healing has taken place over the last few months. 

Hang in there.  Things will get better!!

Hi Gard, Begood, Lynn, Heath, MiYu, slowly, HS, and anyone else I have missed!!  :smitten: :smitten:  I will be back on Tuesday.  If I come back before then, please remind me I have to get back to work LOL. 

Everyone have a great weekend!!

I would like to welcome the new members to the Long Hold Group!!

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

Well looks like my foot pain (nerve pain???) is not just a blip. It comes and goes but it's getting more severe. Tonight it brought me to tears. The big toe bent all the way up and I couldn't get it to go back down for at  least 3 minutes, the pain was really bad. What the heck was that?

Kind of like a muscle cramp but in my toe. Don't really know if it is a muscle or a joint or a nerve! I just know it's sooo bad!

Well I have a heating pad surrounding it right now. FMaybe that will soothe whatever it is that's going on.? Can't wait for it to go away for good! Wonder how long this will take?

There's ALways SOMETHING!

Thanks for listening.

Heath :-[

Hi Anne so good to hear from you, missed you. And so pumped  :thumbsup: that you are doing so well, [glow=red,2,300]"HOLDING"[/glow] indeed is a life changer. I love being functional while going through this. :smitten:

Hi Anne so good to hear from you, missed you. And so pumped  :thumbsup: that you are doing so well, [glow=red,2,300]"HOLDING"[/glow] indeed is a life changer. I love being functional while going through this. :smitten:

Hello Anne  :smitten:

I second that, good to see you  :thumbsup:

[d5...]