Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I am officially joining this support group. Cannot taper any further at this time. My brain and body have not quite caught up with all the reductions, and the symptoms are harsh.

Oh oh where is Can't? Can't, are you ok? Haven't seen or heard from you in quite some time. We need your sense of humor and  wise remarks!  Are you okay Can't?...

So hope you ar ok!  :-[  :'( :-[

:smitten:  Heath

Me too  :clap:

Just want to know how he is doing :(

Tntd

I've had trouble with generics with both Ativan and gabapentin....I'm so sensitive....it really bothers me....so the pharmacist knows now what brand I need....and every time I order what I need I tell them the brand....a nurse practitioner at my neurologists office told me there can be a big difference....although the pharmacist disagrees....they still get me what I ask for.

Yes I'm pushing myself.....went out twice today...but just may  lay down on the couch for a minute before I make dinner......and I have never liked to cook....been married almost 42 years.....I'd rather refinish a piece of furniture than cook...my mother in law once said if she were rich....she'd have a cook.....( one thing we agreed on.... ). I make heathy meals

The thing I've been doing lately with anxiety.....I heard someone say " just bring the anxiety with you"

I've been doing that.....almost literally and it helps....I actually say it out loud.  It's been helping.

Now I just need to get better sleep.....it's always something.....😴😴😴😴

My husband had Shepards when he was growing up...yup we are doggie people.  This is our 4th golden.

Ok tootles. Be well. Try bringing your anxiety with you.

❤️HS

HS so glad that things seem to be some better.... I'm with you around the cooking.  I'd rather renovate the kitchen than cook in it! 

Yes to bringing the anxiety with us....

SS

Please explain to me about bringing the anxiety with us.... :crazy:  I don't understand it...but if it helps with healing  please tell me about it. :-\:smitten:

I find both house  renovating and cooking therapeutic and creative.

Renovated this cottage almost entirely by myself but might have to just stick to the designing and finishing touches in future cos I always seem to be travelling to or from somewhere and I like plenty of time to do decorating and stuff.

Very satisfying though, I love painting and furniture renovating  :thumbsup:

Glad you are doing so well HS...you are a fighter. :thumbsup::smitten:

I am officially joining this support group. Cannot taper any further at this time. My brain and body have not quite caught up with all the reductions, and the symptoms are harsh.

WELCOME LorazepamFree  :smitten::thumbsup:

Turtles are good  :):thumbsup:

Welcome LorazepamFree! We're glad you're here.  The buddies here are great and have a lot of experience and knowledge. I'm sure you'll get the help and support you need.  :)--V

Honeymoon is over.....woke up really dizzy ....medicine for sleep too much....helps me sleep but I can't function during the day.  Pushing it isn't helping.  Went to kids soccer today....felt bizarre.

Discouraged......still have a lot to taper.....just checking in.......

❤️HS

Hi, everyone.

I have been away for a while and will in all likelihood be away for a time yet.

My Sisters cancer returned even before she could recover from the surgery and radiation.

She is in Hospital with only a few days of life left they say. I have been to see her a few times so I shouldn't feel like I am avoiding the inevitable but I feel helpless and totally broken right now.

Can't seem to relax at all. I am uptight and sleepless and beside myself. I'm sure it will eventually settle but for now I just need peace.

Be back when I can.

Hope you are all holding on and doing as well as can be expected.

Peace & Healing

ATU 🙏🏻

Hey Heath,

I'm glad you figured your taper situation out. It is crazy how such a small line on a syringe can make so much difference. I just tapered by .0019mg twice with a day in between for a total of .3% cut and I ended up with ramped up sxs.  :tickedoff:

I'm holding again now. I'm trying to decide if I'm still struggling from that generic change or if the new generic just isn't working as well. I'm stuck with it now though. I can't remember what the previous generic was so my pdoc requested that the pharmacy keep me on the one I'm currently on. Someone, I can't remember who, made a comment about certain generics not working as well as others and not just because of the dose difference. I just hope I didn't stick myself with a generic that doesn't work as well for me. I haven't seemed to be able to get back to feeling good ever since that c/o. I had a week about two weeks ago but since then it's been really bad again. Very frustrating. :-\

Hi TNTD,

I know what you mean about generics. One generic pill  I have taken for years was just changed to a different generic. It works just as well but is at least 50% larger. I wonder what kind and how much filler or other junk is in it!!!

You are lucky if you can request a specific generic brand. I have to take what ever they give me because that is the genetic brand that is supplying my pharmacy at the time. If their supplier changes, there is nothing they or I can do about it. It's one of these nation wide pAharmcies. Maybe if I went to a small independent pharmacy it would be different. But I have to go to where they take my insurance.

Yes about the tiny cuts! I was all set to goall the way to the end of my taper just happily cutting .005 to the end, until I was explained about the percentage going higher the lower you go. So now I have to deal with figuring out percentages each month. Nothing so terrible to do, just another pain in theARSE! And if course now my entire taper will take even longer. Yup...there is always something.

I looked at you sig. I see you are also on a low dose, but you are on klonopin, right? Does that come in a liquid like my Valium? Or else how do you measure the amount below 1 mg?

Hope you are feeling better today.

Heath :smitten:

Dear ATU,

You have my very deepest and heartfelt sympathy for what you are going through with your sister. It is so hard to see someone you love suffering so much. I hope you won't beat yourself up. As you said, I am sure you have gone to see your sister as often as possible and I'm sure your visits have lifted her spirits, really, that is just about all you can do. When these situations become so dire, people often think, if only I could have done this or done that, maybe things would be different. I hope you won't do that. This is not your doing.. I hope you will keep the faith, be strong, and know that the love and kindness you are showing your sister now is making things much easier for her, and unfortunately, that really is all you can do.  I've been in the same situation many times, as your are in now. It never gets easy. But that's the way life is.  You are not alone. 

Take care of yourself! All the best to you and your sister in this very difficult time. 

((((HUGS))))

Heath  :therethere: 

Heath - the pharmacy just switched my generic cholesterol med. to HORSE PILLS.  It's so annoying.  I just can't swallow big pills.  The pharmacist told me to crush them.  Why should I have to go through that?!?  I'm thinking of switching pharmacies (my lamictal was switched too - again!).  I think we should be notified of this switch in advance.  I didn't know until I got home with the pills...and, of course, you can't take them back after leaving the counter. :tickedoff:  I may have to just pay for the "real" ones.  It's maddening!

So many people having a very difficult time.

I'm feeling so badly for  you all.

TNTD, SI, HS, MIYU, LF. (WelcomeLF!), ATU,  (CANT???),  Freeme? and anyone else, ......

Prayers are with you, wishing you strength and perseverance to hold on!

Dont give up,  your good times will come!

We are all in this together! :therethere: :therethere: :therethere: :therethere:

Heath

Heath - the pharmacy just switched my generic cholesterol med. to HORSE PILLS.  It's so annoying.  I just can't swallow big pills.  The pharmacist told me to crush them.  Why should I have to go through that?!?  I'm thinking of switching pharmacies (my lamictal was switched too - again!).  I think we should be notified of this switch in advance.  I didn't know until I got home with the pills...and, of course, you can't take them back after leaving the counter. :tickedoff:  I may have to just pay for the "real" ones.  It's maddening!

Lynnn,

I have to cut my calcium pills in half to swallow them. And then they have rough edges! Sometimes I wet my finger and smooth out the rough side!

And my omega 3 fish oil pills are capsules so I can't cut them( can't imagine how bad they would taste! Yuck!) need lots of water to swallow them!

Heath

Heath - I actually gag on big pills!  I tried the vit E and no way.  I've got the chewable gummy vitamins and got my mother those too.  Who can swallow these pills?!

ATU, I am thinking of you and your sister at this really hard time. I Pray she will not suffer. I am of the opinion that any time you have spent with your sister is the right time. Take care of you the days ahead will be weary, but I know you are strong enough to get through the days to come. The Angels are gathering around your sister and they will not leave her. Peace to you during this trying time. BG 

Heath - I actually gag on big pills!  I tried the vit E and no way.  I've got the chewable gummy vitamins and got my mother those too.  Who can swallow these pills?!

I can...but I am weird... :D 

no comment ;D

no comment ;D

::)

ATU

I am very sorry to hear about your sister.  A very sad time for you and your family.  Take care of yourself and just be there......hugs to you and your family.  Saying a prayer.

🙏🏻HS

Hi, everyone.

I have been away for a while and will in all likelihood be away for a time yet.

My Sisters cancer returned even before she could recover from the surgery and radiation.

She is in Hospital with only a few days of life left they say. I have been to see her a few times so I shouldn't feel like I am avoiding the inevitable but I feel helpless and totally broken right now.

Can't seem to relax at all. I am uptight and sleepless and beside myself. I'm sure it will eventually settle but for now I just need peace.

Be back when I can.

Hope you are all holding on and doing as well as can be expected.

Peace & Healing

ATU 🙏🏻

ATU,

I'm so very sorry about this turn for you and your sister, your family...

Please know we're here for you when you need some support around it all.

I'll be thinking of you....

SS

[glow=red,2,300]"WELCOME"[/glow]

Hi George good to see you, hope you are doing OK. :smitten:

Hi BG, I am doing good.  I am planning to restart my taper in November.  My therapist wants me to work with my doctor to create a taper plan.. not sure I like that idea but I guess I will at least talk to her.  I'll have taken a long break but I will be  back in the game soon.  :)

Honeymoon is over.....woke up really dizzy ....medicine for sleep too much....helps me sleep but I can't function during the day.  Pushing it isn't helping.  Went to kids soccer today....felt bizarre.

Discouraged......still have a lot to taper.....just checking in.......

❤️HS

Hang in there HS.  I know how the sleep meds mess with you the next day.  Sometimes we need the sleep though.  You'll get to the end soon enough.  :thumbsup:

[0f...]