Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thanks for that, Begood and V.

Hi Hey, that's right! I had forgotten, EACH LITTLE LINE IS .001 !!

Ok, I'm going to get out my trusty little calculator and figure out what  5% of .9 is.

I'll be right back!

Heath.       

I'm back  :heybabe:

Ok so my percentage calculator says

5% of .9 = .045

So if I am reducing 5% a month, that means in one month's time I should not be any lower than .855 

( .045 + .855= .9 )

So since I was at .9 on Aug 28, I should go down to .855  by about Sept 28th if I were to get to my 5% goal.

(And next month I need to calculate what is 5% of .855. And that will be the amount I  need to reduce to in another  month to reach my 5% reduction goal.)

But fir Now since I am at .875 I'll have to go down about .002 every day for the next  10 days to get to .855. I think I got it!

Is that right?  Darn, I just but my nail . I haven't done that in many years!

Heath

Moral to my last post..

It is d finitely crazy how one little drop on a 1 ml syringe ,can make such a difference in how you feel! And that's even with a 10:1 solution of water and liquid valium!

No wonder these tapers make us crazy! :tickedoff::oXo: :oXo: :brickwall:

Heath.

Thanks again Valley and be good for helping me to see the light! I think 💭I got my Benzo brain beat....for now anyway! :oXo:

Miyu, I feel so helpless because I don't know how to help you. I am just so sad for

your situation. I know you WILL  find the right way to taper that will work for you and the drug that is best for you ,but it just seems to be taking such a long time fir you.  I know it will happen, because you keeep trying and fighting these benzos.

Hang in there MiYu, you will be free of this poison one day, and you will feel better soon now that you have c/o to klonopin.  Give it more time.

We are all here for you!

Heath : :smitten:

Miyu, I feel so helpless because I don't know how to help you. I am just so sad for

your situation. I know you WILL  find the right way to taper that will work for you and the drug that is best for you ,but it just seems to be taking such a long time fir you.  I know it will happen, because you keeep trying and fighting these benzos.

Hang in there MiYu, you will be free of this poison one day, and you will feel better soon now that you have c/o to klonopin.  Give it more time.

We are all here for you!

Me also MiYu  :smitten:

i'm so sorry you are going through this.

I know you have had good advice.

Hope your crossover symptoms improve.

Best wishes  :smitten:

Hi all

I just wanted to share......I drove on the interstate today and did just fine.

Also went shopping for the first time in 6 months.....bought 2 sweaters and a shirt for underneath.

Used a gift card I got at Christmas!!!!!!

Felt wonderful to do something normal

Need to do something about this belly though.....been skinny my whole life.

Don't ya hate dressing rooms.....sorry guys

Beautiful day here today.... I love September

Still dizzy and very deconditioned......but I slept for 9 hours last night with one wake up...went right back to sleep.  ( I'll probably pay for that statement)

Hope everyone is well.

❤️HS

Yay  :yippee:

You are doing so well HS.

I'm so pleased for you.

Driving like that and doing Christmas shopping is a great leap from where you were a couple of weeks ago.

Is your husband back yet?

Keep on carrying on improving as you are doing  :smitten:

We are all here for you!

Thinking of you always MiYu. :hug::mybuddy::hug: Stay Strong.

SI

Did really well yesterday......I wasn't Christmas shopping for this year....I used a gift card from last Christmas...

Wasn't it Valley that said this was a roller coaster.....woke up anxious and sore.

Yes my husband got back yesterday....he's very foggy from the time change and I think he's getting a head cold....ugh germs

So I guess I got carried away ....thinking the hold would magically make me feel better and it has.....but I still have a long way to go....feeling like there's still a giant mountain to climb.

It's going to be a beautiful day here...so I'll try to get out and about.

Doing more is making me hurt more....my physical therapist told me this would happen.....just not easy to deal with chronic pain.......

Sorry...I'll try to post something more positive later......my granddaughter just left here for school.....that always makes me happy. 😀

Happy Day for everyone

❤️HS

SI

Did really well yesterday......I wasn't Christmas shopping for this year....I used a gift card from last Christmas...

Wasn't it Valley that said this was a roller coaster.....woke up anxious and sore.

Yes my husband got back yesterday....he's very foggy from the time change and I think he's getting a head cold....ugh germs

So I guess I got carried away ....thinking the hold would magically make me feel better and it has.....but I still have a long way to go....feeling like there's still a giant mountain to climb.

It's going to be a beautiful day here...so I'll try to get out and about.

Doing more is making me hurt more....my physical therapist told me this would happen.....just not easy to deal with chronic pain.......

Sorry...I'll try to post something more positive later......my granddaughter just left here for school.....that always makes me happy. 😀

Happy Day for everyone

❤️HS

You sound so much better than you were though.

It is an up and down thing it seems for most people but you are being strong and you are keeping your sense of humour :thumbsup:

Love the line about the granddaughter  :)

Hope your husband's germs keep away from you.

It's the flight probably, I always seem to get a cold on flights - recycled air and germs yuk

Have a good day  :smitten:

SI

I am way better than I was.....I went shopping....this summer you could have cut my head off with a cleaver and I wouldn't have cared.  The fact that the broken light in my back yard bothers me and I ordered a new one is huge......cause I'm kind of a perfectionist and fussy about that kind of stuff.  Letting my roots go way too long....none of this is me at all...now the dog hair is starting to bother me....just scheduled my beautiful dog for a bath and brush......she's a light colored golden....( her Dad was a white English creamer golden). ...and I have navy and burgundy oriental rugs....the tumbleweeds of hair and vacuuming ......she needs a bath.

I'm just so out of shape...I get really tired easily.  My husband went to the grocery store today....I felt bad but we needed so much...I'm not up to that just yet.  He's really jet lagged...he's napping now...sounds like a good idea...I listen to meditation tapes.....yes tapes and its on a Walkman.....I'm so dating myself....but it still works....do it every day.

The last time he came home from a London he brought the throw ups home.....he's in great shape...works out every day...was an athlete....but he's 64 and the all nighter to get there and entertaining clients.....wears him out. 

Ok enough about me.....but I did go out.....I bought my first Christmas present fir my mom and got the pictures that I put in my Christmas cards.....I may feel lousy but I'm forcing myself to do stuff that make me...me 😎

So I guess I'm going in the right direction

How are you doing with packing????

❤️HS🇺🇸

Hey Heath,

I'm glad you figured your taper situation out. It is crazy how such a small line on a syringe can make so much difference. I just tapered by .0019mg twice with a day in between for a total of .3% cut and I ended up with ramped up sxs.  :tickedoff:

I'm holding again now. I'm trying to decide if I'm still struggling from that generic change or if the new generic just isn't working as well. I'm stuck with it now though. I can't remember what the previous generic was so my pdoc requested that the pharmacy keep me on the one I'm currently on. Someone, I can't remember who, made a comment about certain generics not working as well as others and not just because of the dose difference. I just hope I didn't stick myself with a generic that doesn't work as well for me. I haven't seemed to be able to get back to feeling good ever since that c/o. I had a week about two weeks ago but since then it's been really bad again. Very frustrating. :-\

SI

I am way better than I was.....I went shopping....this summer you could have cut my head off with a cleaver and I wouldn't have cared.  The fact that the broken light in my back yard bothers me and I ordered a new one is huge......cause I'm kind of a perfectionist and fussy about that kind of stuff.  Letting my roots go way too long....none of this is me at all...now the dog hair is starting to bother me....just scheduled my beautiful dog for a bath and brush......she's a light colored golden....( her Dad was a white English creamer golden). ...and I have navy and burgundy oriental rugs....the tumbleweeds of hair and vacuuming ......she needs a bath.

I'm just so out of shape...I get really tired easily.  My husband went to the grocery store today....I felt bad but we needed so much...I'm not up to that just yet.  He's really jet lagged...he's napping now...sounds like a good idea...I listen to meditation tapes.....yes tapes and its on a Walkman.....I'm so dating myself....but it still works....do it every day.

The last time he came home from a London he brought the throw ups home.....he's in great shape...works out every day...was an athlete....but he's 64 and the all nighter to get there and entertaining clients.....wears him out. 

Ok enough about me.....but I did go out.....I bought my first Christmas present fir my mom and got the pictures that I put in my Christmas cards.....I may feel lousy but I'm forcing myself to do stuff that make me...me 😎

❤️HS🇺🇸

That's so amazing HS,

There are days I can force myself out and other days that it just isn't going to happen. I suppose it depends on the level of anxiety. I'm with you on when I'm feeling better doing more even if it's just in the house. Cleaning a bit, brushing my dog, she's a German Shepherd, cooking. I love to cook but haven't been doing much as it feels overwhelming.

I hope you continue to feel bettera and better and the waves are milder and milder. That's what was happening for me before the generic c/o. It is such an amazing feeling when you start living life again. I'm so excited for you.

Hugs  :smitten::hug:

Hey Heath,

I'm glad you figured your taper situation out. It is crazy how such a small line on a syringe can make so much difference. I just tapered by .0019mg twice with a day in between for a total of .3% cut and I ended up with ramped up sxs.  :tickedoff:

I'm holding again now. I'm trying to decide if I'm still struggling from that generic change or if the new generic just isn't working as well. I'm stuck with it now though. I can't remember what the previous generic was so my pdoc requested that the pharmacy keep me on the one I'm currently on. Someone, I can't remember who, made a comment about certain generics not working as well as others and not just because of the dose difference. I just hope I didn't stick myself with a generic that doesn't work as well for me. I haven't seemed to be able to get back to feeling good ever since that c/o. I had a week about two weeks ago but since then it's been really bad again. Very frustrating. :-\

I hope things even out for you soon.  I can imagine how frustrating the change in generics was for you. I do agree some generics are better than others but hopefully with consistency things will level out for you.  :)--V

tntd I think it was me who said about the generics.

My psych doctor said that some were just not as good and had too many fillers in but yet some people just don't notice the difference.

It might be just the changing about which is holding you back.

I hope it settles down for you  :smitten:

SI

❤️HS🇺🇸

You sound like I was last year for a few months.

I'm a perfectionist too so I can imagine how much it bothers you  :smitten:

I do think you are doing really well though.

Your dog sounds adorable  :)

I've got guys doing the packing and it's just about done thank you.

I'm in an eery echoing house - funny because the furniture is still all here, you wouldn't think it would sound and feel so empty :)

Take care and keep on getting better  :smitten:

Tntd

I've had trouble with generics with both Ativan and gabapentin....I'm so sensitive....it really bothers me....so the pharmacist knows now what brand I need....and every time I order what I need I tell them the brand....a nurse practitioner at my neurologists office told me there can be a big difference....although the pharmacist disagrees....they still get me what I ask for.

Yes I'm pushing myself.....went out twice today...but just may  lay down on the couch for a minute before I make dinner......and I have never liked to cook....been married almost 42 years.....I'd rather refinish a piece of furniture than cook...my mother in law once said if she were rich....she'd have a cook.....( one thing we agreed on.... ). I make heathy meals

The thing I've been doing lately with anxiety.....I heard someone say " just bring the anxiety with you"

I've been doing that.....almost literally and it helps....I actually say it out loud.  It's been helping.

Now I just need to get better sleep.....it's always something.....😴😴😴😴

My husband had Shepards when he was growing up...yup we are doggie people.  This is our 4th golden.

Ok tootles. Be well. Try bringing your anxiety with you.

❤️HS

Tntd

I've had trouble with generics with both Ativan and gabapentin....I'm so sensitive....it really bothers me....so the pharmacist knows now what brand I need....and every time I order what I need I tell them the brand....a nurse practitioner at my neurologists office told me there can be a big difference....although the pharmacist disagrees....they still get me what I ask for.

Yes I'm pushing myself.....went out twice today...but just may  lay down on the couch for a minute before I make dinner......and I have never liked to cook....been married almost 42 years.....I'd rather refinish a piece of furniture than cook...my mother in law once said if she were rich....she'd have a cook.....( one thing we agreed on.... ). I make heathy meals

The thing I've been doing lately with anxiety.....I heard someone say " just bring the anxiety with you"

I've been doing that.....almost literally and it helps....I actually say it out loud.  It's been helping.

Now I just need to get better sleep.....it's always something.....😴😴😴😴

My husband had Shepards when he was growing up...yup we are doggie people.  This is our 4th golden.

Ok tootles. Be well. Try bringing your anxiety with you.

❤️HS

HS so glad that things seem to be some better.... I'm with you around the cooking.  I'd rather renovate the kitchen than cook in it! 

Yes to bringing the anxiety with us....

TNTD So sorry you're continuing to have a rough time with the Generics.... such a drag that there're all sold as the same thing.  i know last time I cut I tapered .001 (xanax) and yowza.  One tiny drop made all the difference.  How does your  body know my guy keeps asking it's Just One Drop!

:smitten:

SS

V, slowly, HS, SS, I can't thank everyone enough for your kind responses. I'm really struggling today. It started out ok but got worse as the day went on which is opposite of the way it normally works for me.

SS, it's horrible that such tiny cuts can make us feel so awful. I don't know how I'll ever be able to get off of these meds if all it take to knock me back is a tiny little taper. I was feeling so well before the generic switch so this is really hard. I even had a window after the switch so I don't know why I went into such a bad wave again. I'm so confused and frustrated.

I really appreciate all of you and I love to hear how well others are doing. It really does give me hope.

Hugs  :smitten: :smitten: :hug: :hug:,

T

TT, I think it will get better, you had a jolt with the change of brands, so right now things are dicey, but trust me, everyone has those times when they think it is never going to get better, but it does. But dang it, it is the "How Long" or "When" that keeps us down. So dig down to that place that you have your extra strength and tell yourself, hey T this is a set back, but it is not the end, it is just that a setback, and I am going to just relax and go with the flow of the Process of Healing my body needs. Stay Strong TT.  :smitten:

wise and Positive words BG! good timing for this of us who are having a rough day.  I think I just did too much yesterday and am paying for it as a result.  Live and learn..... Stay Strong as you say and Learn your Limits as another friend says...

SS

wise and Positive words BG! good timing for this of us who are having a rough day.  I think I just did too much yesterday and am paying for it as a result.  Live and learn..... Stay Strong as you say and Learn your Limits as another friend says...

SS

You are going to be fine, and yes we do push sometimes, I am glad that you are able to get out and do the things you do, so having some bumps in the road is a given at times. Someday this is all going to be behind you. As "Cant" would say Onward and Upward... :smitten:

V, slowly, HS, SS, I can't thank everyone enough for your kind responses. I'm really struggling today. It started out ok but got worse as the day went on which is opposite of the way it normally works for me.

SS, it's horrible that such tiny cuts can make us feel so awful. I don't know how I'll ever be able to get off of these meds if all it take to knock me back is a tiny little taper. I was feeling so well before the generic switch so this is really hard. I even had a window after the switch so I don't know why I went into such a bad wave again. I'm so confused and frustrated.

I really appreciate all of you and I love to hear how well others are doing. It really does give me hope.

Hugs  :smitten: :smitten: :hug: :hug:,

T

I was just thinking about you T and wondering how you were doing ....it is very confusing and frustrating , I'm with you there . I'm sorry you too are having a rough time SS .

I love the people in this group , such wonderful buddies and such wisdom and support .

I'm grateful for you all . Accepting that I need to spend many hours a day on benzo buddies is dawning on me , and  that it's ok and I actually need it to get through this .

Things a re rough still for me also . I get such bad side effects now , I don't knwo if that will change or not with holding . They were bad with the V , not at first , but then they were , and now with the K .... I just get soooo sedated , the same as with the V , only it doesn't last as long . And I can take 1/4 of my daily dose at once , which I had stopped being able to do with the V as I could barely move after a 2 mg dose . Weird how the V became excessively sedating after not being ......

Anyway , I'm  feeling so impressed by people going through this , the courage ,strength  and perseverance that people show ..... It's a remarkable and unique thing to witness really.

Hoping things improve soon for you SS and T , and anyone else I missed .

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

We are all here for you!

Thinking of you always MiYu. :hug::mybuddy::hug: Stay Strong.

Thank you dear sweet people  :smitten: :smitten:

MiYu

You are always in my thoughts....very hard to wake up day after day not feeling well.....

❤️HS

Thank you HS  :smitten:I'm so glad you are doing better and able to get out more , it's encouraging!

Love, MiYu ❤️

Oh oh where is Can't? Can't, are you ok? Haven't seen or heard from you in quite some time. We need your sense of humor and  wise remarks!  Are you okay Can't?...

So hope you ar ok!  :-[  :'( :-[

:smitten:  Heath

[c7...]