Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

MiYu,  Sorry you are feeling bad with the cross.  Wondering if the burning has subsided at all with the K instead of the V.  If it helps you I might ask Dr. if I could try it but I never took K just Ativan so don't know if another change would be good for me.  Hoping all who are having ramp of symptoms feel better soon.  :smitten:

Yes good wishes to all who are feeling bad.

Be careful Free  :( maybe I'm just too cautious but changes seem to produce problems so often.

Good luck whatever you decide  :smitten:

Just saying hi to my buddies here ..... Things are rough with this K transition , feeling very destabilized form direct cross, bad advice from Doctor . Grr.

Now getting interdose WD too with 3 doses so trying to switch to 4 . More changes  :(

Any math whizzes here who could help me decide how to do this gradually ? I have the weights figured out for my doses , just not sure how to do it with the least shock to my system .

I too worry about Nova, NAD I suspect Cant may be feeling his V cut ? I hope he's ok .

Will keep checking in as I'm in for a very long hold in the hopes that my nervous sytem will recover from all these changes . The K at least is better for me than V as far as side effects .

But now having to deal  with shorter acting benzo . Haven't felt this unstable ever I don't think . I've had bad WDs , but this is different , I feel it in my nervous sytem as well.

Anyone else have any experience with destabilized nervous system ? I knwo TNTD does form her aD experience . She's doing better now with her long hold , but having to take it really slow , as I think I will have to also .... Things definitely get more difficult once sensitized .

Anyway ..... Holding for stability as long as I can .

Love to everyone , MiYu  :smitten:

Sorry for the repercussions from the rapid cross MiYu.  I would venture to guess that is the main reason you're having issues right now as the valium withdrawal is probably complicating things.  I know you understand holding long enough to become stable and hope it happens quickly for you.  :)--V

Miyu, have you considered updosing? Sometimes even a small updose can make such a difference. I went from .4 k to .5 and had so much symptom relief .... I am sorry you are suffering so much. I don't know if your doctor will let you though ... not sure if you are in control of all this. I hope so.

We are having an Indian summer....I live in New Jersey near Philadelphia......we have hot summers and cold winters....leaves are starting to fall..

Where is everyone.....did I shoo them away....

I'll be more positive

❤️HS

off to the bank and the jewelry store

Didn't shoo me away!  Just reading the delightful exchange between the two of you...

And going that things are better.

I had half a glass of wine last night and am regretting it! :crazy: That's one experiment I won't be repeating for a long long time :laugh:

SS

Oh dear was that my fault  :-[;)

Doesn't affect me except pleasantly - where there's no sense there's no feeling  ;)

Sorry about that  :smitten:

Nobody's fault but Mine SI! :laugh:

I'd been wanting to try a glass for weeks.... now i know.

:smitten:

SS

MiYu,  Sorry you are feeling bad with the cross.  Wondering if the burning has subsided at all with the K instead of the V.  If it helps you I might ask Dr. if I could try it but I never took K just Ativan so don't know if another change would be good for me.  Hoping all who are having ramp of symptoms feel better soon.  :smitten:

Hi Free , thank you  :smitten:

Yeah it's rough right now . Worst I've been I think . K is different .... Not as depressive and my mind feels clearer , at the same time my head feels like a vacuum filled with concrete ... I have a lot of tremors which I think are from teh V WDs .

The burning is there , but again it's different , it's as if I can't feel it as much .

The worst is feeling so fragile , which I've had before when I've reduced V , so I'm hoping that will pass .

I'll let you know how it goes , it's still early days .

If you did try it , I don't recommend a direct cross , it should be done In stages .

Hope you are feeling a bit better ?

MiYu  :smitten:

MiYu I'm so sorry you are having a bad time.

I wonder if it will just be temporary until your brain gets used to the change again :(

I do hope so.

It's so difficult to know what to do with these drugs isn't it.

My one and only cross over was a horrible time.

I think, from what people say, that shorter acting ones do give you more interdose w/ds.

I was hoping that you would be over the worst now  :hug:

Hope that a good long hold is beneficial  :hug::smitten:

Thanks slowly  :smitten:

As Valium takes time to leave I'm assuming I'm getting on going WDs from it ....my cross from V to K was awful too . And I took that one slowly , so this is a big whammy.... I also had hoped it would pass quickly , but not yet ...... :-[

Miyu :smitten:

Just saying hi to my buddies here ..... Things are rough with this K transition , feeling very destabilized form direct cross, bad advice from Doctor . Grr.

Now getting interdose WD too with 3 doses so trying to switch to 4 . More changes  :(

Any math whizzes here who could help me decide how to do this gradually ? I have the weights figured out for my doses , just not sure how to do it with the least shock to my system .

I too worry about Nova, NAD I suspect Cant may be feeling his V cut ? I hope he's ok .

Will keep checking in as I'm in for a very long hold in the hopes that my nervous sytem will recover from all these changes . The K at least is better for me than V as far as side effects .

But now having to deal  with shorter acting benzo . Haven't felt this unstable ever I don't think . I've had bad WDs , but this is different , I feel it in my nervous sytem as well.

Anyone else have any experience with destabilized nervous system ? I knwo TNTD does form her aD experience . She's doing better now with her long hold , but having to take it really slow , as I think I will have to also .... Things definitely get more difficult once sensitized .

Sorry for the repercussions from the rapid cross MiYu.  I would venture to guess that is the main reason you're having issues right now as the valium withdrawal is probably complicating things.  I know you understand holding long enough to become stable and hope it happens quickly for you.  :)--V

Thanks Valley , lets hope that's the case . Changes do create WD symptoms so hopefully things will improve , fingers crossed for that !

Love, MiYu

Miyu, have you considered updosing? Sometimes even a small updose can make such a difference. I went from .4 k to .5 and had so much symptom relief .... I am sorry you are suffering so much. I don't know if your doctor will let you though ... not sure if you are in control of all this. I hope so.

Thanks NJ ,

You know, I feel like an updose might just be another change for my nervous sytem and I don't know that I  want to risk another change right now ... I'm waiting for now and hoping my body will catch up .

Love,

MiYu

Hi Miyu,

I'm sorry that this change is taking it's toll on your CNS, and that you are suffering so...  I wish I had something to offer other than friendship and good thoughts....  I just don't know anything about crossovers

Here's hoping that you settle soon and that the hold will "catch."

:smitten:

SS

Hi SS, HS and SI.  You all are keeping the thread moving.  Interesting life experiences which I enjoy reading about.

I hope can't is ok.  I also worry about nova. I know gard is busy but is posting on the MT thread.

Wishing all a great day! :)--V

Thanks V,

I'm concerned about Cant too, don't know Nova but think she's been long time contributor?

Good to know that Gard is around.

Hope that you are doing well this day.

:smitten: SS

Hey there everyone.

I've been enjoying HS and Slowly's conversation too. I can't get on here every day and so I have to play catch up. Then I don't remember half of what I've read. LOL, have to love the cog fog.

I've been struggling with weight gain too. I eat a low carb diet most of the time and even though I've increased my activities I've still been gaining weight. It was nice to read that I'm not the only one struggling with it. I still don't like it.  :tickedoff:

HS you asked about anxiety?? I struggle with anxiety almost daily. The only time I don't have it is if I'm in a really good window, as in now symptoms at all. Unfortunately agoraphobia goes along with it so I'm mostly housebound except when I'm feeling better. Oh and complain all you want. We all do it. I think maybe we take turns. I find it can be cathartic to discuss the challenges and then to get validation and support from everyone on here is amazing.  :smitten:

My hubby travels for work too. He either drives or flies depending on where he is going. He was in New Orleans last week. It makes me anxious when he travels though so that doesn't help things.

MiYu, I answered some of your questions on the KKlub thread. If you need any more info please let me know.

Well, I decided to start tapering. I don't know how long it will last. I'm only "cutting" (.0019mg) every other day. I'm really anxious about it though so I may drop it to once a week and see how that goes first. I would really like to get to 1mg of K and if I can taper every other day it will take six months. Of course I will hold over the holidays and any time my sxs ramp up so who knows how long it will actually take. I just hope I'm not starting too soon after the whole generic change debacle. I suppose if I am I will just stop and hold again. I take hope and courage from all of you as we are all hanging in here together.

Hugs and healing to everyone. I hope that Can't, Nova, Gard, Can Do, who am I missing, are all doing well or at least hanging in there. I know some of you just read and I want you to know that you are thought of.  :smitten::hug: I'm sure we all feel that way.

Keep on keeping on....The Best Is Yet To Come!!

T

Thanks for getting back to me MiYu,  Sadly no, I don't feel better, in fact burning is worse and spreading.  I am going to watch a nd see how you do and you know I wish the best for you and all here.  :thumbsup:

How wonderful HS. It's so nice that you have been able to get out of the house and especially for such a wonderful event :) I'm sure your granddaughter was thrilled you were there. :smitten:

T

Hi everyone, I read all the time, I do not post as much, but I think of each of you each day. And every now and then I will surface. I found this quote today I am going to use on My Word thread and I wanted to place it here. As you all know I am a big believer of "Acceptance", it is something that has helped me to get through the days and weeks I have been tapering. Also sometimes I just cannot post because the pain and despair all of you good people go through makes me  :'( but no matter if I post or not I am still here rooting for each one of you. Stay Strong and hope Our buddies that are Mia will show up soon. Peace  :)

“Acceptance means: For now, this is what this situation, this moment, requires me to do, and so I do it willingly.”~Eckhart Tolle.

Hi BeGood,

So good to hear from you. The quote is beautiful thank you for sharing it with us.

I hope you are doing well in your hold after you 7% taper.

Hugs, :smitten:

T

Hi BeGood,

So good to hear from you. The quote is beautiful thank you for sharing it with us.

I hope you are doing well in your hold after you 7% taper.

Hugs, :smitten:

T

Thanks T, I am doing well, so far. Stay Strong. :smitten:

I know you are always here, rooting for us all. It's comforting knowing that you are hearing us. And also very reassuring to read your quotes and poems and heartfelt encouragement.

Thanks BG!

Glad your taper is going smoothly!

Heath :thumbsup:

MiYu, Freeme.

I am so sorry you are both still struggling so. I wish you peace and healing  and better days soon ahead.i wish I had an answer fir you. But I do believe a good hold, although it may be a long one, will definitely help you a lot. So hang in there and be strong. We are all here for you.

Heath :mybuddy::therethere: :therethere: :smitten:

Here's something positive from HS... I went to watch my granddaughter play soccer tonight!!!

Fun fun fun

Well done  :thumbsup:

You are doing so well, and your granddaughter will have loved you being there.

You are stronger than you think :smitten:

SI

My husband flew the day planes went back up in the air... he travelled a lot back then and always got an aisle seat. 

When she went to Italy she was told no American logos on clothing. She went with her now husband but it was an unsettling time.... she's a special ed teacher.

SS. ????

I think your husband made the right decision.

Like we keep on using the tube etc, but I didn't know about American logos being barred.

Was that by the Italians or the airlines?

Seems weird to me - it's not as if the USA was responsible for the attack.

:idiot:

Presumably they thought you were targets as individuals., which is why our armed forces personnel are told not to wear uniforms on our streets.

The whole thing with these attacks is to make us unsettled but 9/11 was certainly the big one...remember it as if it was yesterday.

My eldest daughter is a teacher of languages and business studies but she did a module about special needs students and wrote a small book which they use in schools.

Is special ed the same as what we call special needs...ie Aspergers?

I hope you are feeling good, especially after being out with your granddaughter?

That was a big step forward  :thumbsup:  we can't control the waves but we can learn how to surf them  :smitten:

MiYu I'm so sorry you are having a bad time.

I wonder if it will just be temporary until your brain gets used to the change again :(

I do hope so.

It's so difficult to know what to do with these drugs isn't it.

My one and only cross over was a horrible time.

I think, from what people say, that shorter acting ones do give you more interdose w/ds.

I was hoping that you would be over the worst now  :hug:

Hope that a good long hold is beneficial  :hug::smitten:

Thanks slowly  :smitten:

As Valium takes time to leave I'm assuming I'm getting on going WDs from it ....my cross from V to K was awful too . And I took that one slowly , so this is a big whammy.... I also had hoped it would pass quickly , but not yet ...... :-[

Miyu :smitten:

Yes I would think and hope so.

I think Valley is right.

Crossovers seem to be very problematic and valium does take a long time to leave.

Very best wishes for your recovery  :smitten:

[0e...]