Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thank you for your good wishes....everyone is safe.....now the long process of cleaning up.  Such a shame for so much suffering.

Have a good day

My grand daughter just left and I'm going shopping today...small trip....but I'm going out!

❤️HS

Thank you for your good wishes....everyone is safe.....now the long process of cleaning up.  Such a shame for so much suffering.

Have a good day

My grand daughter just left and I'm going shopping today...small trip....but I'm going out!

❤️HS

Glad you are going out HS - doing well :thumbsup:

Sorry I've been unavoidable AWOL for a few days but so glad everyone is ok

We have been watching the devastating weather on tv news over here, and really feel for everyone caught up in it.

Glad all on here are ok  :thumbsup::smitten:

It was kind of surreal to be watching National News being broadcast out of Naples where our home is - I almost didn't want to watch (well, I turned it off quite a bit).  If not for needing to know about my mother and sister I probably would not have watched at all.  I've been trying to reach them this morning and have called a neighbor to show them how to plug a cell phone into my car.  This not being able to talk to them is causing me anxiety.

...very glad my car is safely in my mother's garage.  It is 13 days old.  I just picked it up.

It was kind of surreal to be watching National News being broadcast out of Naples where our home is - I almost didn't want to watch (well, I turned it off quite a bit).  If not for needing to know about my mother and sister I probably would not have watched at all.  I've been trying to reach them this morning and have called a neighbor to show them how to plug a cell phone into my car.  This not being able to talk to them is causing me anxiety.

...very glad my car is safely in my mother's garage.  It is 13 days old.  I just picked it up.

Yes it must have been weird for you and you would have had constant coverage I expect - you need to switch off sometimes.

It was headline on every news bulletin over here.

We weren't in the house often but we saw the headlines and thought it was just almost incredible.

Glad you got your car  ;)

Yes, not being able to contact people is horrible.

I've had a couple of instances like that when there were terror attacks in London near where my daughters work.

No phone coverage out of London, they shut it down, but the girls emailed me as soon as they could from work.

Terribly anxiety causing though - I know what it's like. :smitten:

So much sadness....talked to my friend who has family in Houston...3 houses were lost there.

On a brighter note....my nephew sent pictures....he has no damage AND has power..  he has 2 friends who lived in downtown Jacksonville who lost everything....

I'm happy for my family....so sad for others...conflicting emotions

Seems like the 9/11 stuff just got by....

I went out today so that's a cheery thing!!!! Not for long...but I got 2 things accomplished

❤️HS

Doing Well HS...

Small steps ARE big steps...

My big step today was a phone call I had been dreading.. (tax office)

But hey, its done now..!!

Small steps, -ever forward...

:)

Hi Everyone..!!

Miyu, hope all is ok, if your reading...

Doing Well HS...

Hi Everyone..!!

Hi cant and all ....you did another big drop Cant? I thought you were a 10% convert  ::) glad you're doing ok though , I'll be checking ....

I'm ok .... Rough week with the cross ,mlots of pain and shakiness , burning. My nerves are not happy. But overall I'm feeling better , my body is definitely much happier on K than V . Somehow it was getting toxic for me , it scared me quite a  bit.

I don't know how long I'll need to hold to stabilize ... Many people seem to K is not so good fro long holds due to possibility if tolerance ? Anyway , I'm hoping I can stabilize a bit and my nerves settle doesn't before I have to do any cutting .

Last night I had some energy and went for a walk and did some  cleaning , I feel really beaten up , but I do feel a shift ....and relief to be off the V . A whole year of struggle with that , back to where I was last March with K and some extra .... Oh well , , 'tis not a straight road .

Onwards . And K is definitely less depressing , wow , I had no idea just how depressed the V was making me feel.

I hope everyone is doing ok or better .

Love to all ,

MiYu  :smitten:

MiYu,  Glad you seem to be doing a tad better.  I'll be watching you as I also feel valium is almost toxic to me.  I have never taken Klonopin so don't know how I would react but I am at a standstill.  Dr. gave me amitripyline 10 mg. for the nerve burning.  I read the side effects and scared, I already have some of these problems.  Anyway, please check in when you can as it might be something that could help a lot of people, me being one.  :smitten:

Doing Well HS...

Hi Everyone..!!

Hi cant and all ....you did another big drop Cant? I thought you were a 10% convert  ::) glad you're doing ok though , I'll be checking ....

I'm ok .... Rough week with the cross ,mlots of pain and shakiness , burning. My nerves are not happy. But overall I'm feeling better , my body is definitely much happier on K than V . Somehow it was getting toxic for me , it scared me quite a  bit.

I don't know how long I'll need to hold to stabilize ... Many people seem to K is not so good fro long holds due to possibility if tolerance ? Anyway , I'm hoping I can stabilize a bit and my nerves settle doesn't before I have to do any cutting .

Last night I had some energy and went for a walk and did some  cleaning , I feel really beaten up , but I do feel a shift ....and relief to be off the V . A whole year of struggle with that , back to where I was last March with K and some extra .... Oh well , , 'tis not a straight road .

Onwards . And K is definitely less depressing , wow , I had no idea just how depressed the V was making me feel.

Love to all ,

Yes, Im following with much interest (and concern), I can feel what you and others are describing vith the V, even at such low dose..  I probably blamed a lot of V stuff on opiate tapering..??

Wishing you strength and every success... Just having a little energy is so non V...

Good news, I think...!

Yes 0.25v reductions... The drama of pill splitting... 1V is a good place to have a think about it all...

Will see how this goes...

Doing Well HS...

Hi Everyone..!!

Love to all ,

Yes, Im following with much interest (and concern), I can feel what you and others are describing vith the V, even at such low dose..  I probably blamed a lot of V stuff on opiate tapering..??

Wishing you strength and every success... Just having a little energy is so non V...

Good news, I think...!

Yes 0.25v reductions... The drama of pill splitting... 1V is a good place to have a think about it all...

Will see how this goes...

Yes me too.

The depression is the main reason I want to be rid of valium.

Good luck Cant, Free, MiYu  and well done Healing Seeker...a big step forward. :thumbsup::smitten:

MiYu,  Glad you seem to be doing a tad better.  I'll be watching you as I also feel valium is almost toxic to me.  I have never taken Klonopin so don't know how I would react but I am at a standstill.  Dr. gave me amitripyline 10 mg. for the nerve burning.  I read the side effects and scared, I already have some of these problems.  Anyway, please check in when you can as it might be something that could help a lot of people, me being one.  :smitten:

I will check in for sure ... I can't pretend this is easy .... i just had  a horrible scary wave of short of breath ,pounding heart , blurry vision , shaking and more .... All WD symptoms but really intense . It's passing now.

If the V had built up X 5 or more then it would make sense that I'd get some pretty intense WDs crossing to .40 mgs K , which is equal to what my daily dose of 8 mgs V was . thats a lot  V to leave body pretty quickly. If I hadn't been so desperate to get off the V I would have done it in steps , but my doc , benzo wise supposedly but I think clueless on the whole , said fine to do it all at  once . And I was getting really sick on the V no doubt about it .

I may have to updose a bit  to get through the cross which I am loath to do . ....maybe just 1 mg V equivelant .,

Hope I've done the right thing .... I guess no pint second guessing as it felt like my best option .

MiYu

So I'm almost afraid to report about my hold....still lots of anxiety and sleep is still interrupted many times.... but the shower is better.... I'm wearing make up and I'm going out .

My husband and I went out to dinner sat night.....I haven't been out since mid July.... I bought an outdoor light today that was destroyed when the tree fell....last time I said I was doing well.... I tanked. The hold seems like a good idea.....

That's my report. 

And as a reply to Cant.... my moto is inch by inch everything is a cinch

I'm taking a tiny bit of V and I don't like it either.

MiYu. I'm thinking about you

❤️HS

So I'm almost afraid to report about my hold....still lots of anxiety and sleep is still interrupted many times.... but the shower is better.... I'm wearing make up and I'm going out .

My husband and I went out to dinner sat night.....I haven't been out since mid July.... I bought an outdoor light today that was destroyed when the tree fell....last time I said I was doing well.... I tanked. The hold seems like a good idea.....

That's my report. 

And as a reply to Cant.... my moto is inch by inch everything is a cinch

I'm taking a tiny bit of V and I don't like it either.

MiYu. I'm thinking about you

❤️HS

Thanks HS  :smitten:

Such good news ! Gives me hope.....Looking at your sig... Doesn't look like you've been holding long? But you did go up and down a bit so maybe that counts too and adds up to a hold somehow ?

I remember a few pages back you were feeling pretty rough ... So glad something is shifting .

Hoping I can find that too as I hold , now I've made my switch .

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

Doing Well HS...

Hi Everyone..!!

Hi Cant,

:nono:  uh oh!  From 1.25 to 1 mg? That's a 20% drop Cantfly, unless I'm reading your signature incorrectly. No wonder you write "splat".

Hope you are feeling better soon. That was a mighty big cut. Please Take of yourself Can't !

Patience will bring healing.

Take care, cut SMALL, be careful, have patience, AND FEEL BETTER  :thumbsup:  Heath :smitten:

Oh, and sorry about the tax man! Hope it turned out ok!

Just thought I'd share a website I happened to fall into.

Moodcure.com       

I was looking for info about cortisol because I have been waking up all jittery every morning lately and I stay that way for about 45 minutes. Then it goes away.

I am troubled by insomnia periodically and ever since I went on my daily liquid micro taper  I have been having more nights with little sleep and many many  mornings with the jitters.

I remember a discussion about cortisol surges about a couple of months ago but I didn't really understand it all.

So I was searching around the web and found this web site.

It really explains, very well, cortisol and what it does in our bodies. I finally really understand!

Oh, and it mentions how detoxing can cause major cortisol surges. It also mentions how withdrawal from benzos can cause really really bad cortisol surges.

Aha! Now I know fir sure what the heck us going on with me!

So if you want to understand cortisol in layman's terms, thus is a good, short and fast way to get good info that you can understand.

OH, AND PLEASE  DONT  THINK I AM ENCOURAGING YOU TO GET ANYTHING THEY ARE SELLING! I AM NOT!!!! 

I DO NOT TAKE ANY OF THE THINGS THEY ARE SELLING.

I DONT TAKE ANY OF THAT STUFF!

SO PLEASE, DO KNOW THAT THAT IS NOT WHY I AM RECOMMENDING THIS SITE. ITS ONLY FOR  THE WAY IT EXPLAINS CORTISOL SURGES SO WELL.

Hope everyone is feeling ok or even better!

HEATH :smitten::thumbsup:

Doing Well HS...

Hi Everyone..!!

Hi Cant,

:nono:  uh oh!  From 1.25 to 1 mg? That's a 20% drop Cantfly, unless I'm reading your signature incorrectly. No wonder you write "splat".

Hope you are feeling better soon. That was a mighty big cut. Please Take of yourself Can't !

Take care, cut SMALL, be careful, have patience, AND FEEL BETTER  :thumbsup:  Heath :smitten:

Thanks Heath... I dont think I can pill split any smaller... And Not too keen to get as sick as I did when I tried liquid... Especially when its such a taboo subject to some...

Am hoping another week should get me beyond the worst...

Will have a read on cortisol when my head stops playing microwave popcorn...

Be well everyone...

Doing Well HS...

Hi Everyone..!!

Hi Cant,

Thanks Heath... I dont think I can pill split any smaller... And Not too keen to get as sick as I did when I tried liquid... Especially when its such a taboo subject to some...

Be well everyone...

Hi Cant

How are you feeling after your big cut, as in what symptoms?

As you know I'm in a forced CT at the moment not knowing what to do.

I feel generally ok apart from some  strong vertigo and fatigue.

Don't know whether this is because of the CT and whether to reinstate a dose and by how much?

Wondering if I should just see it through?

I know you can't advise, I have to decide, but just wondering how your cut has affected you.

Can anyone describe what cortisol surge feels like? Not sure what is cortisol or akathisia

Sister wakes up (today 7, yesterday 6am.) shouting " I don't feel well", she cant' describe, also feels very scared and very uncomfortable. it's so bad that she's afraid to go to sleep b/c she doesn't want to wake up to the morning feeling.  Also making her develop a phobia of our house, she does not understand the concept of w/d and thinks the house is causing her to feel awful.

Don't know what to do to give her relief

Doing Well HS...

Hi Everyone..!!

Hi Cant,

Be well everyone...

Hi Cant

How are you feeling after your big cut, as in what symptoms?

As you know I'm in a forced CT at the moment not knowing what to do.

I feel generally ok apart from some  strong vertigo and fatigue.

Don't know whether this is because of the CT and whether to reinstate a dose and by how much?

Wondering if I should just see it through?

I know you can't advise, I have to decide, but just wondering how your cut has affected you.

Thought I was being Good..  -it wasnt a 50% cut this time.. :)

Probably the first SX was anxiety..

Then insomnia increase, day fatigue, photo and audio sensitivity, feaverish, headache/tension, T,

Tight jaw/neck, all that stuff, probably some I forgot...

Oddly my GI cramps havnt been so bad (yet) -maybe a day 11 joy...

Aah - I see.

So all the usual w/ds then, or most of them.

I'm just feeling vertigo and fatigue atm.

Think I'm going to almost reinstate today - 3mgs  or 3.5 and see how it goes, then take it as normal from there.

I was on 3.75 when my meds went AWOL ::).

I know what you mean about the tablet cuts though.

That's why I do fairly big cuts followed by longish holds.

i'm wary of switching to liquid and the tablets are so difficult to cut aren't they?!

You have done much better than me though to be on such a small dose.

I hope you feel better soon and hope we both see it through :thumbsup: - though it doesn't feel like it on bad days does it. :)

Can anyone describe what cortisol surge feels like? Not sure what is cortisol or akathisia

Sister wakes up (today 7, yesterday 6am.) shouting " I don't feel well", she cant' describe, also feels very scared and very uncomfortable. it's so bad that she's afraid to go to sleep b/c she doesn't want to wake up to the morning feeling.  Also making her develop a phobia of our house, she does not understand the concept of w/d and thinks the house is causing her to feel awful.

Hi Laura

I'm sure Cant or Valley know about those things and will chime in soon.

I think quite a few in this group will know.

Must be a very difficult situation for you.

Aah - I see.

So all the usual w/ds then, or most of them.

I'm just feeling vertigo and fatigue atm.

Think I'm going to almost reinstate today - 3mgs  or 3.5 and see how it goes, then take it as normal from there.

I was on 3.75 when my meds went AWOL ::).

I know what you mean about the tablet cuts though.

That's why I do fairly big cuts followed by longish holds.

i'm wary of switching to liquid and the tablets are so difficult to cut aren't they?!

You have done much better than me though to be on such a small dose.

I hope you feel better soon and hope we both see it through :thumbsup: - though it doesn't feel like it on bad days does it. :)

Not to claim any supernatural abilities (well...maybe a few ;)), I was able to cut the little .25mg xanax pills into 1/8th's.  It wasn't very exact - at all.  But with things averaging out over a matter of days the daily differences did not matter much.  I did not have problems with these imprecise cuts and was able to dry-cut until I got down around .1mgs.

Laura, I've read that a protein meal/snack late at night helps.  I've heard people specifically advise a peanut butter sandwich at bedtime (or even later).  BG knows about this.  I was doing this before I knew that it helped.  I would find myself feeling unwell late at night and for some reason peanut was about the only thing that seemed edible.  Maybe worth a try?

[36...]