Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.  I just spoke with my mother.  They are in the eye right now in Bonita Springs.  Not much damage so far - thankfully the hurricane weakened a bit.  They are about to get hit with the second half. The concern is the impending storm surge.  I am hoping her house won't get flooded.

Prayers for your mothers safety Lynn, and all the people still there in Florida 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 and I'm so very sorry you post your home , I know how traumatic that is....

Love, MiYu ❤️

Long hold. Tolerant physician. Major life stress.  :(

Welcome to the group NO135 ......this is a good place  to be and when you are ready for a  taper great support .im  Sorry you have life stressors  :(

MiYu

Hi Anne, Good to hear from you..!!

Glad U R doing ok, and hope the continued reductions go great for you...

Be Well..

:)

Hi Cant ,

Thank you!!  I will continue to go slow and hold at the first sign of symptoms.  I hope that you are doing well.  I know you have been through so much, but you always offer wonderful support to so many of us on the forum.  Thank you so much!1

I wish you a relaxing day.

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Lynn,

I am so sorry, and I hope all turns out well.  I am glad you were able to talk to your mother.  You are in my thoughts.

Best,

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

I lost contact around 6pm and am awaiting any word.  I am watching CNN coverage from Naples.  I hope I get word of my mother soon but with cell service out I have no idea when that will happen.  My husband is flying down Thursday to assess things and will take my mother to a hotel on the East coast if necessary.  I am hoping against hope that she was not flooded.  At 83 it would be devastating to lose her life's possessions.  I can't imagine the stress of weathering the storm.  I am handling the loss of our home just fine so no need to worry about me.

UPDATE:  spoke with a neighbor who has cell service.  No flooding and no water in my mother's house.  Damage is light.  This is the first that I have broken down and lost it.  The relief is immense.  Thank you all for your support.

Lynn have been thinking about you and your Mom and family a lot.....so glad to hear encouraging news.....hope things continue to improve.  My nephew and wife are in Jacksonville which is flooding now......haven't heard about my niece near Daytona....

Terrible storm....keep us posted

HS ❤️

Lynn and HS,  So thankful for good news at last.  You can breathe a sigh of relief now and let it out.  Still praying for all others and more good news for all.  :smitten:

I lost contact around 6pm and am awaiting any word.  I am watching CNN coverage from Naples.  I hope I get word of my mother soon but with cell service out I have no idea when that will happen.  My husband is flying down Thursday to assess things and will take my mother to a hotel on the East coast if necessary.  I am hoping against hope that she was not flooded.  At 83 it would be devastating to lose her life's possessions.  I can't imagine the stress of weathering the storm.  I am handling the loss of our home just fine so no need to worry about me.

UPDATE:  spoke with a neighbor who has cell service.  No flooding and no water in my mother's house.  Damage is light.  This is the first that I have broken down and lost it.  The relief is immense.  Thank you all for your support.

So wonderful to hear this news. :smitten:

Just heard there is no damage to our condo and no water entered.  We are about 5' above sea level directly on the beach in Naples.  I can't believe our good fortune and can't imagine how this happened.  I am very sad for those suffering losses.

Just heard there is no damage to our condo and no water entered.  We are about 5' above sea level directly on the beach in Naples.  I can't believe our good fortune and can't imagine how this happened.  I am very sad for those suffering losses.

So glad everything is all right lynn.  :)--V

Wow, that is simply awesome. So happy for you. Every time I was watching coverage of Irma my thoughts would drift to you and your mom.

That's awesome Lynn

Heard that my nieces house is ok and sister in law.....still waiting on nephew....they are in Jacksonville where the flooding is pretty bad.

❤️HS

I feel like I survived a hurricane in stouth FL...  -Cost me a million "gig" though...  :)

Well done Everyone for hanging in togeather and through it...

-The sinking boats made me cry...!!

Just got a picture of my nephew and his wife on the beach...whew... feel so much better.  They said the city of Jacksonville was worse than the beaches.

Relieved

❤️HS

Just got a picture of my nephew and his wife on the beach...whew... feel so much better.  They said the city of Jacksonville was worse than the beaches.

Relieved

❤️HS

Great news HS! :smitten:

[fa...]