Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

HS, Have a nice walk.  You inspired me to walk around in my yard for 5 or 10 minutes.  OH my poor burning feet, it was torture.  I guess I have to push but I also have hip, spinal, knee issues among others.  I really need a surgery for hemorrhoids but am putting it off as I can't stand the thought of any more pain. Valium caused constipation for me and thus the hemorrhoid TMI, sorry.  Anyway, I am in such pain I don't want to even go out.. I have Dr. appt. on Tuesday, Pain management.  They make you come in every month for your scripts.  Also do urine screens  Had one last month. So humilating to be treated like a junkie but they have to cover themselves.  I have too much going on to think straight right now.  No fun.  Hope you feel better soon.  :smitten:

You're all so sweet with  your encouragement , thank you  :smitten: :smitten:

Still waiting to hear back from the doc on how to do the cross , K girl gave me some tips. She crossed back from V to K , but only after a few weeks , it's been over a year  for me.

I took my first sub dose at lunchtime today .... Knocked me out , but I DIDNT get the symtoms that ive been getting from V , yay!  :thumbsup:

Fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

TNTD , I'll be looking to compare notes once I'm ready to taper ... Stable first tho.

HS and Left , thinking of you and hoping you find answers and relief from everything you are going through.  :hug:

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

Good news on the first dose MiYu.  I'm really excited about this for you.  It may be just the ticket.  I don't see too much about buddies crossing back.  Maybe you can light the way!  I've got my fingers and toes crossed!

Still waiting to hear back from the doc on how to do the cross , K girl gave me some tips. She crossed back from V to K , but only after a few weeks , it's been over a year  for me.

I took my first sub dose at lunchtime today .... Knocked me out , but I DIDNT get the symtoms that ive been getting from V , yay!  :thumbsup:

TNTD , I'll be looking to compare notes once I'm ready to taper ... Stable first tho.

HS and Left , thinking of you and hoping you find answers and relief from everything you are going through.  :hug:

Yay...it sound like an improvement already.....

Good luck with it all

SS  :thumbsup:

Good news on the first dose MiYu.  I'm really excited about this for you.  It may be just the ticket.  I don't see too much about buddies crossing back.  Maybe you can light the way!  I've got my fingers and toes crossed!

[/quot

Thanks Lynn! Me too .... It was getting really hard to keep taking Valium knowing how it made me feel .... I do find it odd how it didn't used to do that , and then it did . I had the same experience with steroids , and went back and forth on a few different ones until I finally was able to stop.

Fingers and toes crossed here too that I have a different experience with the K

MiYu  :smitten:

I hope it works for you MiYu. With your metabolism issues it might be just what you need. I sure hope so- you need a break❤️

Thanks Kitty , that what I'm hoping for ... Something was never quite rigth for me with V

:smitten:

Yay...it sound like an improvement already.....

Good luck with it all

SS  :thumbsup:

Thanks SS ......  :smitten: :smitten:

I haven't posted here much but I am doing a very long hold and really need to start reducing dose again. But I feel terrified at the thought of cutting caught up in a bad place. I have thought about a cross over to Valium but Miyu's stories and some others are making me put that thought on hold for now.

So, how do I get the courage to do this? I am thinking of a three percent a month reduction, not sure where to start, a three percent a week reduction worked for me last fall, but I am sitting at the dose I was at last Thanksgiving (I did cut for weeks starting in January after a longish hold around the holidays but bad anxiety caught up with me, so I updosed and held). I still have some symptoms, mostly nausea and not reliable sleep, but other than that I am doing fairly well and have been mostly for a while.

Any advice? I know I will do a symptom-based taper; I sort of feel like I will never be done but I figure lower is better, so I am just going to at least try to get down. I am hoping at least the first few weeks of cutting will be easier as I have mostly adjusted to a lower baseline.

I am glad this board exists here. I really want to get off my klonopin but not have the taper take over too much of my life (it has already taken too much from all of us).

I can relate NJ.  I held 8 months my first year and was nervous about restarting.  All I can say is hold your breath and take the plunge.  I had put it off a couple of months longer than necessary - due to nagging fear.  I had a rough taper experience that year and was hesitant as I worried about bad sxs returning.  It was fine but I did have one "try" that I reinstated.  I overreacted and kind of panicked at the first sign of ramped wd.  I went back at it a week later.

[29...]

This is a repost from the Updose Support Threax but this looks much more active so hopefully I can talk to someone who has been in a similar situation.

I'm strongly considering updosing to 3 mg's of Klonopin in an attempt to gey some sort of stability and I would really appreciate it if someone here would tell me they've had positive experiences with updosing because all I'm hearing on the other forums are how kindled and screwed I'll become and it's making my head hurt regarding making this decision. I can't keep micotapering feeling as sick as I do and being as nonfunctional as I am with no quality of life.

I know it's a risk that I won't stabilize and end up in a worse situation with longer to taper but I don't know what else to do at this point.

Hi, I Have been having some really bad waves so have decided to go onto a long hold.I cut about a month ago approx 7% ,went into a bad wave last week,3 weeks after the cut and still don't feel 100%. How long has anyone taken to stabilise and how long after that do I make my next cut. Thank you for taking the time to read this xxx

Hi Guys..!! :)

Some positive indicators Miyu..!! Am hoping that continues, as it should...

Well done for changing the state of play..!!

Fuzzy, I replied (fwiw) on the updose board, but correct, its quiet there...

This is a busy village...

My Best to everyone..

Free I wish you strength as you keep looking for the way forward...

I cut 0.25 V two days ago down to 1V... kinda spur of the moment, only just decided to stick with it..

Anyone facing the hurricane, be safe, and good luck...

Thanks Can't,  Cutting again hmmmm,  hope it works out.  That is a big cut again off your dose.  You are certainly brave.  Best of luck.  :smitten:

Thanks Can't,  Cutting again hmmmm,  hope it works out.  That is a big cut again off your dose.  You are certainly brave.  Best of luck.  :smitten:

Lol, Its the smallest pil split I can do..!!

:(

If it doesnt work, I will have to attempt liquid again...

Thanks Free, be safe...

:)

Ok. I was determined and accepting when my doctor told me to hold my dose yesterday....but after a tough night and lots of anxiety....could someone please tell me how long this takes to feel better......

Please.....paralyzed with fear no matter which way I turn.  Does the anxiety subside while holding?

I know, when I split my V it usually crumbles a bit.  I hate that.  I have so many little pieces that I don't know how much mg. are.  I should really try liquid also.  Praying this hurricane doesn't come up to Va. much.  I don't know if I can survive without elect. or internet etc. for a long time.  Last time hurricane came through some people didn't have power for over 2 weeks.  UGH>  Praying for all in the path of it, so sick of the worry of it but I have to stop, it does no good.  YOu can't fight mother nature.

HS,  YOu might have to hold a long while, it just depends person to person.  Lynn held for 8 months.  Wish I could help more.  At least your Dr. is on board with it, it is my constant worry that my meds will be snatched away.  Hope you feel better soon, I also have the anxiety and its awful.  :smitten:

Our brains crave stability. That constant up and down on gaba/glutamate is not what it wants. While some people seem to do just fine on a downward dose quickly most of us either seem to need to go slow or incorporate long holds to allow our brains some time to have a rest. Usually a long hold does bring about stability. How long is long depends on the person and how big a cut they took. Normally I get stable within a week but the time I went in to donate platelets and they also took plasma from me, which took away a lot of my valium, it took me months to get stable from that. Take heart in knowing a hold almost always helps everyone, but there is no way to know how long it will take.

MIYU,  Can't remember if I offered congrats on the Dr. approving the switch to K.  Pray it is the answer for you and you get better and better on it.  Makes me think of a switch but I have done so many and tried so many meds I am gun shy now.  Bless you and hoping this is your magic bullet.  :smitten:

Ok. I was determined and accepting when my doctor told me to hold my dose yesterday....but after a tough night and lots of anxiety....could someone please tell me how long this takes to feel better......

Please.....paralyzed with fear no matter which way I turn.  Does the anxiety subside while holding?

Yes it will get better, but there is no time table many variables. You had a wonderful visit yesterday with a Doctor that is beside you, I would try to hunker down and find something to ease your worries and fears. Fear will make things worse and escalate the feelings, I know it is easy to say, but we all have fear at times. Take the good news of yesterday and revisit that, or watch a marathon of funny Movies. Stay Strong. 

HS,

I didn't have the anxiety so I don't know.  What I do know is that my holds saw wd diminish as time went by.  So since anxiety is a wd sxs I would expect the same to happen with that.  None of us knows how long it will take for the hold.  My best advice is to listen to your doctor and put the taper out of your mind as best as you can.  You are taking a taper break and I would try to distract myself as much as possible and maybe listen to meditations, etc that are meant to help with anxiety.  Try to take comfort in the fact that you have made a concrete decision with medical advice and that time will heal you.  Throw out the calendar and don't worry if it takes months.  I held for 8 months.  I knew that I would get back to it when I was better and healed enough to continue.  Surely cutting again will not help - so you are following the only course that makes sense.

[65...]