Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Please may I join this group. I've cut from 30mg to under 2 mg in 2 .5 years. BUT I was doing big cuts .first cut was in half down to 15mg NOT A GOOD MOVE BUT didnt know about withdrawing. Took me ages to stabilise.  Started again and this time cut down to 10mg, again another bad move. Waited for a while and cut again, never stabilised first. Done a 7% cut a month ago,found this site and now decided to do a long hold. Please give me some advice.xxxx love your stories,I don't feel alone anymore xxxx

Hi Beano! All are welcome here.  Your history is similar to many others here including mine.  Cutting too big and too fast or attempting C/T.  When we shock our brains and CNS by withdrawing the drug faster than our systems can handle, we experience terrible withdrawal.  It can take some time after doing this for the body to stabilize once again.  Many who have done long holds here have held 6 months or longer to get back to baseline.  We're glad you're here! There are many knowledgeable buddies here who I'm sure will chime in.  :)--V

Hi Beano!  Welcome!  I did the same as you - big drops early on when unaware of tapering properly.  I had some long holds and then slowed way down for the last year of my taper.  There are some great buddies here.  Lots of support and caring.  Glad you are here.

Please may I join this group. I've cut from 30mg to under 2 mg in 2 .5 years. BUT I was doing big cuts .first cut was in half down to 15mg NOT A GOOD MOVE BUT didnt know about withdrawing. Took me ages to stabilise.  Started again and this time cut down to 10mg, again another bad move. Waited for a while and cut again, never stabilised first. Done a 7% cut a month ago,found this site and now decided to do a long hold. Please give me some advice.xxxx love your stories,I don't feel alone anymore xxxx

What really impresses me is that you have done this without the support of a group like BEnzoBuddies. I doubt I would still be tapering if not for this community. Just knowing that others are going through very very similar patterns of pain and anguish and most importantly, knowing that it basically is just a matter of time before you normalize is huge. There is a very common thread throughout all the stories here.

Welcome. You are defiantly going to make it out.    ;)

Best Wishes

Yes Beano,

This group is fun and lively.... and so supportive...

I'm just starting my Long Hold after so many false starts where I thought a couple of days would do it.....

The last couple of days showed me but good  :sick: -- as have many here through their stories... :smitten:

SS

Just saying hi here to my buddies ....  :smitten:

I seem to be getting worse and it feels like the Side effects of teh V are the same as the WDs .....I get the same symptoms ramped up after any dose I take ..... It's so confusing I don't know what to do . Im sick from taking it and can't taper , or daren't anyway . It all went south after that 1/16 th cut .... Just too crazy to comprehend .

I'll put it all down to "withdrawals", but really it's crazy brain imbalance , just like when people are completely off their meds ....we call it WDs , but the drug is gone and the body is trying to find homeostasis . Not sure how that works when still taking the drug and it makes you feel so much worse ?

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Love,MiYu  :smitten:

Ps talking to my doc tomorrow..... I have a feeling he'll suggest a switch to Librium .... Wish Gard was around to advise . Tho I don't see what difference a switch would make given the two meds are so similar ... Would I be playing with fire? Anyone know how Gard is doing ? And I think about Nova too and hope she's ok ....

I seem to be getting worse and it feels like the Side effects of teh V are the same as the WDs .....I get the same symptoms ramped up after any dose I take ..... It's so confusing I don't know what to do . Im sick from taking it and can't taper , or daren't anyway . It all went south after that 1/16 th cut .... Just too crazy to comprehend .

I'll put it all down to "withdrawals", but really it's crazy brain imbalance , just like when people are completely off their meds ....we call it WDs , but the drug is gone and the body is trying to find homeostasis . Not sure how that works when still taking the drug and it makes you feel so much worse ?

Ps talking to my doc tomorrow..... I have a feeling he'll suggest a switch to Librium .... Wish Gard was around to advise . Tho I don't see what difference a switch would make given the two meds are so similar ... Would I be playing with fire? Anyone know how Gard is doing ? And I think about Nova too and hope she's ok ....

Sorry for the struggle MiYu.  Gard has been posting on the microtapering group so you may be able to get a response there.  :)--V

Hi beano,

Welcome! You are always welcome here.

As you read on, you will see that many of us have been in the place you are in. I too started my taper way too fast with cuts that were way too big as well. I had not found this forum at that time. Then I found this long hold support group and it changed my Life!. After a hold of about four months, I began to stabilize.

Now I have learned the proper way to withdraw....real slow, with small cuts. Listening to my body and brain and realizing that ramped up wdsx means it's time to SLOW DIWN. AND MAYBE A TIME TO HOLD FOr a  WHILE TO LET MY BRAIN HEAL, ADJUST TO THE CUT IN THE DRUG, ...... and only then, when I feel stable  should I cut again.

You will see. You will get great support, encouragement and friendly and knowledgeable advice from many of us who are going through the same thing you are.  And yes, IMO Benzo buddies community is the best place to be to get through your taper. We are all here for each other.

This place has saved my life!

Welcome again, Beano!

Keep posting! We will be here for you!

Heath  :):thumbsup:

Hello Beano and welcome  :)

Good group here who have alot of experience and are very supportive.

I was about the same as you - reduced from 15mg diazepam down to 6mg in 8 months before I found BB forum.

I did a 6 month hold last year because I felt too ill to carry on cutting but then carried on when I felt ok at 10mg - and down to 6mgs.

Then I joind BB and this group.

I make 10% cuts but since joining this group have learned to hold for 2 or 3 months at a time, and am learning to hold for as long as I feel I need to with the support of this group. :thumbsup:

I don't find it easy because I'm impatient but it is working better for me.

I'm sure you will find the help you need here. :)

Hi MiYu :smitten:

Hope your doctor and perhaps Gard find a solution for you.

Sorry you are still feeling so bad.

I know what you mean about the V making you feel bad, it does it to me too but I don't have any answers except that I'm going to get off it in whatever way feels best for me.

Good luck at doctor's and wishing you well :smitten:

Hi MiYu,

I'm very sorry you are having such a difficult/awful time.  It's so hard when there are no concrete answers and we have to go by trial and error.  I hope your doctor can help find a better path for you.

MiYu, please know that I think of you often, and Pray that things would get better like right now, there has to be something that can help, but I do not know the answer. Keep up your fight for freedom and feeling better. Stay Strong. 

MiYu, please know that I think of you often, and Pray that things would get better like right now, there has to be something that can help, but I do not know the answer. Keep up your fight for freedom and feeling better. Stay Strong.

Well said BG.

I think of you too MiYu.

As BG says - stay strong :thumbsup::smitten:

MiYu,

I'm always thinking of you and hoping you find a solution to help things get better. Keep up the fight. It WILL HAPPEN! Hold on! ((((HUGS))))

Heath :smitten:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTW7_DOMMd15GGKf67u5rOIKOwSbICN-IAn29OdD6aDl3jK61KcP_kpiFilog

Hi Beano..!!

Glad you made your way here..!!

-a good mix of everything..!!

I also hope Nova and Gard are ok... -All the best if you guys are quietly reading as you can...

Its Official... This turtle is SLOW..!! -Less than 1V in 8 months..!!

But V WD IS slowly improving...  Bit of a hick up with the pain med though... will worry about it another day...

My best to all..  -Miyu, Free.. Everyone...

:)

MiYu,

I hope that together with your doc you can come up with a plan that makes sense.  I'm sorry things are so tough....

I often think of BG's words : Stay Strong..... and yours: Easier said than Done, some days.

I believe we'll all get there...  (Gard is around, maybe a PM?)

:smitten:

SS

Good morning

As always I have a dilemma.  I went to my PCP this morning who is handling my taper.  I'm having extreme fatigue....dizziness....no motivation....little sleep....and tons of anxiety.  We talked about a Valium crossover but he only wanted to put me on 15 mg of V and then completely stop the Ativan....said I'd be too sedated otherwise.....not the correct conversion or the right way to cross over...not gradually.  I'm basically not functioning...just a shower and a chore .  Driving is really hard.

So he said just take more Valium at night.....I came home frustrated cause I don't think that's the answer either....I have a chronic pain condition that hates stress and this taper is all stress. Ativan is not working anymore to calm me .....it just keeps withdrawals at bay.

I know you have told me to hold but the Ativan is not effective

Does anyone have direction for me.  THANKS

HS

Does anyone else shake inside all day long?

Hi HS,

Good to see you here!  I wish I could be more helpful with your questions about crossing over -- but I'm sure others will chime in who have more experience with that. 

I know I shook inside all day long when I was tapering very quickly for my body, and that let up as I eased up on my taper speed...  and it was  a tough decision as impatience kept telling me.....

SS

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and encouragement... You're the best  :smitten:

HS , I'm sorry things are so hard , I understand. ! I wish I had an answer for you ... A new doctor I think? Crossing over suddenly could be very hard , and I think you are rigth the conversion is not enough Valium .  If you can get another doctor who understands that would be best.

I am definitely having bad side effects from  the Valium .... It is making my breathing labored now , and I feel very unwell with the tiniest amount .... Weak , blurry vision , pain , burning . I am sure now that this is not wds .... But side effects , as it happens within 1/2 hour of any dose.

Praying my doc has a solution , I think a med change is necessary , but not sure what too and that is also scary . Somethings gotta give .

Love to all,

MiYu  :smitten: :smitten:

Does anyone else shake inside all day long?

Hi Healing Seeker.

I started to shake even before I started my taper! When the dose of Valium I was on had stopped working,  I thought I had reached tolerance, and looking back, I'm sure that's what it was. I think my body was screaming at me fir more!  so I decided to get off the Valium completely.

I continuesd to shake from that day on. I shook all the way through my taper from 7.5mg down to 1.5 mg. That was from Jan to July.  Then all of a sudden, it just stopped.

I think that was one of my worst wdsx. I also think it was because I was tapering too fast.

It never returned once I began to slow my taper drastically.

IMO, your shaking will stop too. It's a horrible feeling I know, but it WILL BE GONE ONE DAY SOON AS YOU HOLD OR SLOW DOWN.

HOPE IT STOPS FOR YOU REAL SOON! But don't let it scare you, it feels awful, but I have no lasting effect from it at all. I doubt you will either.

And it is a common wdsx from all the things  I have read on the forum.  YOU ARE NOT ALONE, be brave, be a warrior, you will be better soon.

Wishing you strength and healing and peace,  Heath :thumbsup::smitten:

Well said Heath,

All these crappy sxs are bothersome but not serious and we have to totally accept them and observe them without emotion. Once we let emotion get involved we will perpetuate the strength and duration of these sxs. But when we accept and I mean truly accept them they lose there power and wane away.

We have to be worriors yes!👍

Peace & Healing

ATU 🙏🏻

[36...]