Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

So many people get caught up on the drug train. One drug leads to another to another, and then another to counteract a symptoms from a previous one.

You are so fortunate you made that connection so fast. Very happy for you.

Back in the day before the internet you were at the mercy of a doctors "opinion"... today they treat you like cattle...spend 5 mins with you and rush you out the back door... Next!...  either way you are screwed if you don't take the time to understand and keep digging for info... so glad I found benzobuddies...!

Wow, is this true.  The doctors not recognizing "side effects" and adding more meds which cause more side effects and the whole crazy nightmare just going on and on...until none of us can even think straight.  Such a waste of years...

The good thing is we know now and we are doing something to help ourselves. :thumbsup:

My appetite has returned after 9 weeks... This has to be a sign that my body is healing...I was forcing myself to drink smoothies for necessary nutrition but the last 2 days I suddenly have gotten my appetite back....I really hope this is the GABA receptors up-regulating...

Day 13 benzo free... :laugh: Day 3 prilosec/zantac free.  Each day I force myself to focus on the positives...dwelling on hoping i get back to my old self only upsets me... Staying strong and positive is the what will heal me fastest.  I found that writing notes to myself about how well I feel during windows of clarity are extremely helpful during a down wave.

Todays Positives... The last 2 days I have started to have an appetite! :laugh: Thats huge..i've lost 42lbs in 9 weeks due to complete inability to eat.  Now when I eat I can feel the energy come back into my body.. As many of us have learned, we have a second brain that is in our gut..and benzo effect all Gaba receptors including the ones in your entire digestive system. With my appetite improving that tells me the gaba receptors in my gut are up regulating...and thus so are the Gaba receptors in my Brain...

The last 2 days I am having windows where I can actually think..and focus as opposed to just existing... another sign that GABA receptors are healing... :thumbsup:

Twitching and jerking has really gone away also... although loud sudden noises from my wife and kids in the kitchen etc still make me jump it dosent upset me... I don't have to ask them to be quiet.  :smitten::D

My breathing continues to improve... I was often struggling to catch a deep fulfilling/satisfying breath like a good yawn...found myself forcing myself over and over to yawn deeply... I still have these moments each day but they are fading in frequency.

Overall I find that I am having windows of calmness... the days of pacing in circles around my home holding my stomach are now the exception rather than the norm.

I can say with confidence for the first time that I can feel my body healing now.  I know I will have waves that will try and derail my positive thinking but I am stronger..this is when my self help notes really boost my moral. ;)

Hope is our friend :D for many it's all we have..  Thankyou all my benzobuddies!

So many people get caught up on the drug train. One drug leads to another to another, and then another to counteract a symptoms from a previous one.

Back in the day before the internet you were at the mercy of a doctors "opinion"... today they treat you like cattle...spend 5 mins with you and rush you out the back door... Next!...  either way you are screwed if you don't take the time to understand and keep digging for info... so glad I found benzobuddies...!

Wow, is this true.  The doctors not recognizing "side effects" and adding more meds which cause more side effects and the whole crazy nightmare just going on and on...until none of us can even think straight.  Such a waste of years...

The good thing is we know now and we are doing something to help ourselves. :thumbsup:

My appetite has returned after 9 weeks... This has to be a sign that my body is healing...I was forcing myself to drink smoothies for necessary nutrition but the last 2 days I suddenly have gotten my appetite back....I really hope this is the GABA receptors up-regulating...

This is really great news stevozz!

Thanks Lynn...yeah first big sign of healing for me... I had an EGD done a few days ago and the Gastro Doc said everything was completely normal in gut.. no gerd..no esophigitis..LES is fine... then I read about all the side effects of prilosec and zantac and I couldnt believe they were actually making me even more sicker... here is a link to people describing their bad reactions to Prilosec... heck they described my symptoms word for word! 

http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=19810&name=PRILOSEC

Sorry I've been MIA the past few days.  My router burnt out and I just replaced it today. :)

Hope everything continues to go well steveozz.

MiYu, you will get there, I'm sure of it. :thumbsup:

Wishing the best to everyone, slowly, serenitee, healing seeker, BG, lynn, can't, heath, kitty, gard, and anyone else I missed lol.  :)--V

Sorry I've been MIA the past few days.  My router burnt out and I just replaced it today. :)

Wishing the best to everyone, slowly, serenitee, healing seeker, BG, lynn, can't, heath, kitty, gard, and anyone else I missed lol.  :)--V

Ummm [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow] has a different story..... :D :D :D

LOL.  I can't always trust Cookie with my secrets. :)--V

Thanks Lynn...yeah first big sign of healing for me... I had an EGD done a few days ago and the Gastro Doc said everything was completely normal in gut.. no gerd..no esophigitis..LES is fine... then I read about all the side effects of prilosec and zantac and I couldnt believe they were actually making me even more sicker... here is a link to people describing their bad reactions to Prilosec... heck they described my symptoms word for word! 

http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=19810&name=PRILOSEC

I'm so happy to hear that things are going so well for you. I really like the idea of writing out positive things that you can look at when you aren't feeling as hopeful. Such a wonderful idea.

Keep on healing :)

Hugs,

T

The chicken knows all... :D :D

Glad to see you back V. Sorry Cookie is so naughty  :laugh:

I've been too afraid to get a massage. Of course part of it is making an appointment and not being sure if I'll be able to go or not because of the agoraphobia.

I really wish I could get back to where I was before the change in generics. It seems to be taking forever to recover and I even did a month long taper over to the new generic. I can't imagine how bad things would have been if I hadn't done that. It's hard to know how long to expect it to take when I don't know how much of a change it was to my dose.

Hugs and healing everyone  :hug::smitten:

T

I have a spa and massage day once a month at least, because they make me relaxed.

It was a one off [in a spa on holiday] when I felt off colour and headachy but I think the guy doing the massage was a bit more energetic than my previous ones - he was used to doing sport massage. :)

Every other time I've felt really good afterwards.

Does your agoraphobia apply if you are taken by someone else?

A fellow patient when I was having psych/CBT treatment was fine if she had someone to accompany her - we used to go together so that she was ok, and i took her home afterwards.

Are you still on the bad generics or back on your usual ones now?

They can really throw you for quite some time so if your doc knows, maybe they should give you your normal ones back?

That's what I did when a cheap brand made me ill - must admit I did make a big fuss, which didn't improve my doctor's temper  :laugh: but with the support of the pdoc they caved in.

There are two brands of generics i can stand and I just refuse to take any other. :thumbsup:

Worth a try  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Slowly,

I'm glad you are able to get your regular massages with your regular person again and they are relaxing for you.

I'm still on the new generics. I don't know what the old ones were so there's no way I can request them again. I think I'm starting to get stable. I've requested that my doctor make sure I stay on these generics at least so I don't have to go through this again. Maybe it will be easier to taper from these since they have less medication that my body uses. I'm thinking the cuts won't seem as big to my brain and body when I make them. I can hope  :D I'm going to take the information on my current generics to my doctor. I'm hoping that I eventually stabilize on these as I don't have a lot of other options right now.

When my agoraphobia is really bad I can't leave the house at all. When it is calming down a bit or I'm starting to head towards a window I can go places with my husband and sometimes my daughter. Of course when I'm in a good window I don't have agoraphobia at all and can go anywhere I want and I don't need anyone with me. I know I'll get there again. There have been some extra stressors that may be slowing my march to stabilization but it will happen. I know it will because it did before  ;D  :thumbsup:

:smitten::hug:

T

Hi  :hug:

i have massages, acupuncture and spa treatments at a few places ,T  :)

On holiday and at home...it was one on holiday which affected me but last time we went back there this Feb I made sure I had a "gentler" one  :laugh:

I'm really glad that you can stay on your current generics because I think you will adjust to them and, as you say, if they are weaker in terms of the amount of medication they have in them it will probably be easier to taper from them as you have already done the difficult bit since you changed on to them :thumbsup:

Probably would just make things work to switch back now.

I only had the one i didn't like for a month as my prescriptions were monthly and I just got the doctor to change it because I couldn't handle it but you have adjusted to them, more or less now.

It amazed me because I hadn't, until then, realised how different they could be.

Sorry about your agoraphobia, I didn't know that it came and went  :)

The friend/fellow patient I had was made agoraphobic by the medication and had it constantly.

Yours sounds as though it comes and goes with withdrawal?

Sounds dreadful  :hug:  such a shame, but your husband sounds great and so supportive.

I don't know how I would cope because I don't have anyone who could take me anywhere.

I hope it goes after you have finished and that you have good big windows. :smitten:

I keep trying to work out what kinds of dose people are on compared with mine.

I know there is no real   equivalence, it's more complicated than that in my experience but I think Klonopin is about 10 times stronger than Diazepam?

Thanks slowly. I think the benzo gods heard you because I started into a window the day you wrote this  :thumbsup:

I am very lucky to have such a wonderfully supportive husband. I don't know what I would do without him. Of course we've been joined at the hip for 30 years now so that might be part of it too  :laugh:

1mg of K is equal to 20mg of V according to Ashton. I'm on 1.168mg due to some very tiny tapering.

I went out and had a pedicure today. It was nice to have my feet pampered and now my toes are all sparkly with the polish I chose  :)

Hope everyone is able to find some sunshine in their day.  :smitten::hug:

T

I've been too afraid to get a massage. Of course part of it is making an appointment and not being sure if I'll be able to go or not because of the agoraphobia.

I had a chiropractic appointment this past Saturday. My husband took me to it. I was super anxious and agoraphobic but I went anyway. Having my hubby there really made a difference. It has been a couple of weeks since I had been adjusted and she also did some deep tissue probing. I ended up with a massive migraine and today is the first day I've really been able to function. I've also been having problems with increased anxiety in the evenings which is unusal for me. I'm wondering if it was caused by the adjustment. She knows I'm in withdrawal but I asked her to really do a in depth exam and see if she could help me get my pelvis to straighten out so it was a little more intense than usual. She was concerned it might make my symptoms worse but wants to see me again on Wed so we can discuss things. She doesn't want to move to fast and trigger more w/d sxs for me. She's really great when it comes to being understanding with all of this stuff.

I really wish I could get back to where I was before the change in generics. It seems to be taking forever to recover and I even did a month long taper over to the new generic. I can't imagine how bad things would have been if I hadn't done that. It's hard to know how long to expect it to take when I don't know how much of a change it was to my dose. Sigh.

I'm so glad Steveozz is doing so well. I hope he continues to heal quickly  :thumbsup:

Hugs and healing everyone  :hug::smitten:

T

So sorry you are still having a hard time since the generic switch . :therethere:.. It's crazy how sensitive we can be to these changes .

I hope you feel better soon .  :smitten:

I'm having a weird time with the Valium since I made that small cut in June . Altho I'm some ways I'm better , I am not finding the Valium SO sedating it's crazy :crazy:

1/2 mg in the day knocks me out ! So I'm having to take the majority of my dose at night . I don't understand the change , it's never done this before , and I've always dosed three X day as apparantly I'm a rapid metabolizer . Perhaps  that's changed? Very strange .....I actually feel a lot better in the day taking less now , but my nervous system is still super fragile since the cut , so I cant continue my taper yet .  :(

All a bit  scary but trying not to worry too much .

Well get there T ,

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

Thanks MiYu,

I'm so sorry you are still struggling with the tiny cut you made. It really is confusing why sometimes we can make cuts and recover in a few weeks and then other times it takes us months. I hope that as you continue to hold you will start to feel better. You are in my thoughts.  :smitten::hug:

T

Thanks T  :smitten: I hope you get stable soon .........

It does seem to be taking months for me to get anything close to stable ....not there yet.

Now that I've moved most of my dose to night I don't seem to get quite as sedated with the small dose of V in the day .....that's something! But being housebound is getting a bit depressing  :-[

Keep holding on .

Love MiYu  :smitten:

Thanks MiYu,

Being housebound is awful. I was housebound for over a year. I didn't start having any windows where I could get out until I had been holding my taper for three and a half months. It took a little over a month to stabilize, I think I have now, after I changed generics. I have no idea how much of a cut it was though. I really sensitive like you are though so it might not have been much.

I hope that you are starting to feel better since you moved your V around.  :smitten::hug:

T

Hi Guys...

Thanks Steve for the positive GI news... Needed to hear something like that today...  crippled guts today...

Some other good news from some of you too..!!

Miyu, glad u got a good reply/interest from dm...

B12 lasted 3 days for me before it hit... I might try a trickle of it when feeling ok??

T, good to hear you getting a positive sign..!!

All good things come to those who wait/hold... lol..

Fathers day today... an extra child visiting... How they grow..!!

Anyways, My besy to all...

:)

good luck Cant - hope you feel better soon.

TN that's great about the window and the sparkly feet  :laugh::thumbsup: -  hope that is sorted out for good now and you can stay on the same generic now that you are used to them.

Good wishes and good luck to Valley - broke router - technology huh!

Hoping for improvement for MiYu, Freeme, Serenitee  and everyone having problems. :smitten:

Great news stevozz - gives me hope  :thumbsup:

Hi Guys...

Thanks Steve for the positive GI news... Needed to hear something like that today...  crippled guts today...

Some other good news from some of you too..!!

Miyu, glad u got a good reply/interest from dm...

B12 lasted 3 days for me before it hit... I might try a trickle of it when feeling ok??

:hug:

T, good to hear you getting a positive sign..!!

All good things come to those who wait/hold... lol..

Fathers day today... an extra child visiting... How they grow..!!

Anyways, My besy to all...

Hugs Cant..... For that tummy .....  :hug: hope it gets better soon , yours too Valley  :hug:

Thanks for the encouragement everyone too , hanging in there and trying to practice with the anxiety and what ifs that's are rampant right now .

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

STEVOZZ....

Wow, I've been silently following your taper and jump but haven't said much.

I didn't know what to say! :)

You sure did a great thing! :thumbsup:

You went pretty fast at the beginning of your taper and then as you got lower you slowed down. :)

But all in all you got to where you could jump pretty fast. Wow! What an accomplishment! I'm inspired by you! :clap:

but I am going mighty slow. Afraid to go faster but really do want to! But I know I am not nearly close to the dose you were at when you jumped.

I know I'll get there eventually but it's hard to go slow.  I am on Valium, and you were on clonozapam. I wonder if that makes a difference?

Oh well, I guess I just wanted to congratulate you. You are one mighty strong warrior. I wish you the very best as the weeks and months continue, and hope you continue to have an easy time. May you enjoy the rewards of never giving up...and onward to success!

I hope I have the guts to do the same! I know, STEVOZZ,you were in a different place than I am now, but your story has still given me the incentive to at Least try to go a tiny bit faster than a am going now. And to never give up!

Thanks so much!

Heathcliff :thumbsup:;):clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am very tired of this. I know that all of you are too.

I know I am lucky to be able to work and live a relatively normal life while others are suffering so much during their tapers.

I know you have it much harder than I do. It makes me feel guilty some times. I wish I could find answers for you.

I have followed Freeme, Miyu, slowly improving, Cant, Gard, HS, TNTD, ATU, serenetee and others that I probably have forgotten to mention. I see how up beat you are, and how even the worst of days for many of you, does not spoil your fighting spirit and positive attitude  through it all. You amaze me!

So glad you are strong. So glad you don't give up. So glad you know your Windows of relief are coming any day now. Bless you all. May god hold you in his hand for as long as it takes and see you safely and quickly to your jump.

Love, perseverance, peace, healing, to  all of you,

Heath....forever your old lady friend.....older, but unfortunately, none the wiser!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Heath,

Your thoughts and well wishes are very welcome today...

Its good to know we are not on our own in this, but its just as hard knowing others are suffering too...

But occasionally we all get a win and watch someone step off...

Follow the path, and we will get there too...

Strength to you also...

Heath,  What a wonderful uplifting message, thank you from my heart.  As we suffer at least we have each other.  Bless you.  And all here cheering us on.  :smitten:

I know I am lucky to be able to work and live a relatively normal life while others are suffering so much during their tapers.

I know you have it much harder than I do. It makes me feel guilty some times. I wish I could find answers for you.

I have followed Freeme, Miyu, slowly improving, Cant, Gard, HS, TNTD, ATU, serenetee and others that I probably have forgotten to mention. I see how up beat you are, and how even the worst of days for many of you, does not spoil your fighting spirit and positive attitude  through it all. You amaze me!

So glad you are strong. So glad you don't give up. So glad you know your Windows of relief are coming any day now. Bless you all. May god hold you in his hand for as long as it takes and see you safely and quickly to your jump.

Heath....forever your old lady friend.....older, but unfortunately, none the wiser!

[glow=red,2,300]BEAUTIFUL AND INSPIRING. :thumbsup:[/glow]

STEVOZZ....

You went pretty fast at the beginning of your taper and then as you got lower you slowed down. :)

But all in all you got to where you could jump pretty fast. Wow! What an accomplishment! I'm inspired by you! :clap:

but I am going mighty slow. Afraid to go faster but really do want to! But I know I am not nearly close to the dose you were at when you jumped.

I know I'll get there eventually but it's hard to go slow.  I am on Valium, and you were on clonozapam. I wonder if that makes a difference?

Oh well, I guess I just wanted to congratulate you. You are one mighty strong warrior. I wish you the very best as the weeks and months continue, and hope you continue to have an easy time. May you enjoy the rewards of never giving up...and onward to success!

I hope I have the guts to do the same! I know, STEVOZZ,you were in a different place than I am now, but your story has still given me the incentive to at Least try to go a tiny bit faster than a am going now. And to never give up!

Thanks so much!

Hi Heathcliff... Keep in mind that I believe my surge  in improvement the last 4 days is due to my realizing that many of my symptoms were in fact coming for the Prilosec and Zantac I was taking unnecessarily for the Gerd and esophigitis I was misdiagnosed with. This was confirmed last week with my EGD..gastro doc said everything was perfect no need for stomach meds... have a look at this link and you can see how similiar benzo w/d symptoms mimic Prilosec/zantac side effects in some like me..  http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=19810&name=PRILOSEC

[glow=red,2,300]BEAUTIFUL AND INSPIRING. :thumbsup:[/glow]

Thanks BG.... I've been reading your blog.  Glad you are doing well. Hope you continue to feel good during your taper.

And thanks to Freeme and Can't too.

STEVOZZ....

Thanks so much!

Hi Heathcliff... Keep in mind that I believe my surge  in improvement the last 4 days is due to my realizing that many of my symptoms were in fact coming for the Prilosec and Zantac I was taking unnecessarily for the Gerd and esophigitis I was misdiagnosed with. This was confirmed last week with my EGD..gastro doc said everything was perfect no need for stomach meds... have a look at this link and you can see how similiar benzo w/d symptoms mimic Prilosec/zantac side effects in some like me..  http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=19810&name=PRILOSEC

Ok, I hear you...but I STILL THINK YOU ARE SOME MIGHTY WARRIOR!

STEVOZZ....

Thanks so much!

Ok, I hear you...but I STILL THINK YOU ARE SOME MIGHTY WARRIOR!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you for the kind words my friend!  I think we are all Mighty Warriors! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Please may I join this group. I've cut from 30mg to under 2 mg in 2 .5 years. BUT I was doing big cuts .first cut was in half down to 15mg NOT A GOOD MOVE BUT didnt know about withdrawing. Took me ages to stabilise.  Started again and this time cut down to 10mg, again another bad move. Waited for a while and cut again, never stabilised first. Done a 7% cut a month ago,found this site and now decided to do a long hold. Please give me some advice.xxxx love your stories,I don't feel alone anymore xxxx

[f9...]