Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi twowheels . Sorry you are having a hard time .....

Most buddies here on this thread have experience of being helped by long holds .....

If you're having difficulty now it seems to me dropping to 9 mgs might be really hard .

Do you have any extra pills stored up?

Or could you find a new doc who might allow you to hold at 9.7 for a bit , until you hopefully feel better ?

Hang in there .... I hope you find a way you can hold for a bit ,m

MiYu

Thanks for the hugs T , hugs to you too  :hug:

Hope you can stabilize soon .

Heath , another nudge  :) remember you've felt so much better at times when you've hels. You're so close ... No need to rush now . I wish I was where you are ! I'm stuck here at my 7.9 something and not getting better .  :( I too feel soooo tired all the time.

Hugs for you , hang in there  :hug:

Cant- sorry things a re bumpy for you , I hope they even out soon .  :hug:

Hi everyone else .... :smitten:

Stevozz ..... Good for you . You were on such a short time I hope you come out of this unscathed . Seems like you are bouncing back well.  :)

Love, MiYu

Hi everyone...I'm finding that I can no longer taper and have been holding for close to a week at 9.7mgs of Valium. Trying to find stability and having a hell of a time. I had been micro tapering and functioning at a sub par level but now its at a point where I was close to admitting myself a week ago. My main concerns are that my prescription is only for 9mgs now so Ill have to talk to my doctor about fixing that. I had Remeron added in to help for some depression and gain weight but all I notice is that it makes me tired/groggy (ok sleep) and have wild dreams. I really wish I could get to 9mgs but I know micro tapering at the moment is out of the question. This brings stress that amplifies everything. I'm beat down and just wanted to see if a hold of a month or so would bring some healing/stability my way. Any experience, advice or what not would be great. Thanks!

I held for 6 months when I hit a rough patch and it did wonders.  Ive been able to continue tapering since then with minimal issues.  I actually think it's good for your body to give it a rest. It seems tapering goes much smoother after holding (at least for me anyway).  I will definitely hold again if sxs start to ramp up.  The trick to holding is holding long enough IMO.  I think too many mistake the windows and waves pattern as tolerance and don't give it a fair shot.  :)--V

Hi everyone...I'm finding that I can no longer taper and have been holding for close to a week at 9.7mgs of Valium. Trying to find stability and having a hell of a time. I had been micro tapering and functioning at a sub par level but now its at a point where I was close to admitting myself a week ago. My main concerns are that my prescription is only for 9mgs now so Ill have to talk to my doctor about fixing that. I had Remeron added in to help for some depression and gain weight but all I notice is that it makes me tired/groggy (ok sleep) and have wild dreams. I really wish I could get to 9mgs but I know micro tapering at the moment is out of the question. This brings stress that amplifies everything. I'm beat down and just wanted to see if a hold of a month or so would bring some healing/stability my way. Any experience, advice or what not would be great. Thanks!

I held for 6 months when I hit a rough patch and it did wonders.  Ive been able to continue tapering since then with minimal issues.  I actually think it's good for your body to give it a rest. It seems tapering goes much smoother after holding (at least for me anyway).  I will definitely hold again if sxs start to ramp up.  The trick to holding is holding long enough IMO.  I think too many mistake the windows and waves pattern as tolerance and don't give it a fair shot.  :)--V

I'm glad you're doing so well V ..... I hope to get there one of these days!

Sorry to ask you again ..... But seeing as in 11 months I've only cut 1/4 mg and 1/16 th mg ..... And still feel awful and not stable , I knwo you said you felt worse taking your V at some point during your hold. Do you remember your symptoms? At the moment I feel so sick and sedated after I take mine , and this didn't used to happen.

I'm moving some Of my dose to evening to see if that helps , but don't want to further destabilize , I just can't stand the sedation and nausea .

I saw Builder posted that v builds to 7 X amount with the metabolites .... That's a lot! Do you think that takes into account some of the V leaving ones system ? It must right? Otherwise it's just keep building and building .

I guess that's why they don't recommend it for older people, or at least monitored . I'm not that old though! Just anxious !

Thanks Valley ,

MiYu  :)

I believe your right that I need to at least try a long hold. I guess I'll just have to talk with the doctor and let him know it's my last resort and need to at least try. I do believe your right about giving our bodies a break. I've been pushing very hard for quite sometime. The rush to be free has to end otherwise I won't make it. Thank you

I'll be right there with you Two Wheels.  I'm thinking of a two month hold right now to give my body a break and to see if i can get some of this fatigue to lessen.  I think it's the body trying to heal so much that it has no energy for life or laughs.... And I need some laughs!

Let's see how it works out....

SS

I'll be right there with you Two Wheels.  I'm thinking of a two month hold right now to give my body a break and to see if i can get some of this fatigue to lessen.  I think it's the body trying to heal so much that it has no energy for life or laughs.... And I need some laughs!

Let's see how it works out....

SS

I could use some laughs too SS! It's been a while... It actually hurts my stomach to laugh which is no fun  :(

I think the fatigue is partly the body trying to heal and needing that rest. This is so hard on our bodies !

MiYu  :smitten:

I could use some laughs too SS! It's been a while... It actually hurts my stomach to laugh which is no fun  :(

I think the fatigue is partly the body trying to heal and needing that rest. This is so hard on our bodies !

I look forward to the day when our bellies hurt from laughing too much!  I remember that feeling!

:smitten: to you Miyu and all

Sorry to ask you again ..... But seeing as in 11 months I've only cut 1/4 mg and 1/16 th mg ..... And still feel awful and not stable , I knwo you said you felt worse taking your V at some point during your hold. Do you remember your symptoms? At the moment I feel so sick and sedated after I take mine , and this didn't used to happen.

I'm moving some Of my dose to evening to see if that helps , but don't want to further destabilize , I just can't stand the sedation and nausea .

I saw Builder posted that v builds to 7 X amount with the metabolites .... That's a lot! Do you think that takes into account some of the V leaving ones system ? It must right? Otherwise it's just keep building and building .

I guess that's why they don't recommend it for older people, or at least monitored . I'm not that old though! Just anxious !

Thanks Valley ,

Hi MiYu.  I used to feel awful after dosing when I was early into my hold.  I would get hot flashes and dizziness and not feel right in the head.  It took some few months for this to resolve.  I believe when the CNS is shocked by changes, it can make dosing feel toxic.  I think many make a mistake at this point and believe the drug has turned paradoxical when it's just really the body still trying to adjust to less drug in the body.

Moving doses around may help some.  Trying smaller doses more frequently sometimes helps with the sedation issues.  As far as build up of valium in your system, there is a limit to how much build up there is.  I believe it will not build up beyond 7-8 times the current amount but the buildup is why Ashton recommended valium to taper.  It is the build up that supposedly "self tapers" by slowly leaving the system and preventing interdose withdrawal. It will lower as you get lower.

Try not to stress about progress.  Progress is getting to a stable point so that when you do start to taper it will be much easier and smoother going.  Sorry for the continued struggle and I wish I had more answers. I did find a hard fast rule with benzo tapering and that is that there is no hard fast rules lol.  Everyday can be a different set of symptoms and issues.  :)--V

Thanks for the hugs T , hugs to you too  :hug:

Hope you can stabilize soon .

Heath , another nudge  :) remember you've felt so much better at times when you've hels. You're so close ... No need to rush now . I wish I was where you are ! I'm stuck here at my 7.9 something and not getting better .  :( I too feel soooo tired all the time.

Hugs for you , hang in there  :hug:

Cant- sorry things a re bumpy for you , I hope they even out soon .  :hug:

Hi everyone else .... :smitten:

Stevozz ..... Good for you . You were on such a short time I hope you come out of this unscathed . Seems like you are bouncing back well.  :)

Love, MiYu

Hey Miyu.. ha ha.. -bumpy yes..!! (i got draged out dirtbike riding today)...

Atleast I have a weekly pattern with the pain meds, they are sposed to be 7 day patches...

My superb Taper buddy BG helped pick the pattern pretty quick...

Opiate WD or even Tolerance doesnt mix well with benzo Tapering...

I like your questions on dm123 science thread... I hope those sorts of questions do get individual answers...

But his work, with all the big words removed, boil down to the theories presented on this thread...

So the Long Hold Propaganda list could be the laymans version..!!

-how very cleaver Valley..!!

Stay strong Miyu, you and others are doing a great job of hanging on...

Best wishes..

:)

Thanks Valley ,

Hi MiYu.  I used to feel awful after dosing when I was early into my hold.  I would get hot flashes and dizziness and not feel right in the head.  It took some few months for this to resolve.  I believe when the CNS is shocked by changes, it can make dosing feel toxic.  I think many make a mistake at this point and believe the drug has turned paradoxical when it's just really the body still trying to adjust to less drug in the body.

Moving doses around may help some.  Trying smaller doses more frequently sometimes helps with the sedation issues.  As far as build up of valium in your system, there is a limit to how much build up there is.  I believe it will not build up beyond 7-8 times the current amount but the buildup is why Ashton recommended valium to taper.  It is the build up that supposedly "self tapers" by slowly leaving the system and preventing interdose withdrawal. It will lower as you get lower.

Try not to stress about progress.  Progress is getting to a stable point so that when you do start to taper it will be much easier and smoother going.  Sorry for the continued struggle and I wish I had more answers. I did find a hard fast rule with benzo tapering and that is that there is no hard fast rules lol.  Everyday can be a different set of symptoms and issues.  :)--V

Sorry Miyu, I meant to reply some pages back...

Like Valley explains here, -I too had times I thought the V was making me so fatigued I would sleep through a house fire... But looking back it was in the months following too big of cuts... I cant recall actually feeling sick after a dose, but suspect that may have been what I thought was interdose WD back then... I have been back to once daily for ages, with no problems...

Your body will continue to fight for stability, I think you are doing the right thing to help it...

The x8 dose sounds crazy.. 20V =160v etc... but I think its a little less shocking when the whole picture is peeled open... perhaps receptor saturation points, and affinity rates.. -bit above me, sorry... my point is not to worry too much...

But it is why I shudder when people get urged to say jump at 1v instead of slowly tapering as low as they can... -0.25v sounds much more user friendly...

Twowheels, just wanted to let you know that when I started remeron the fatigue lasted quite a while (probably 8 weeks). It felt a little overwhelming but because I was sleeping, I could push through. The vivid dreams also did fade after a while. For me, it has helped immensely. Hope it helps you as well.

Thanks Valley ,

Thanks for this Valley, this is how I feel , like the drug is toxic , but what you describe is exactly what I'm experiencing , I don't feel right in the head when I take the V , plus the sedation and nausea ,cortisol rushes and hot flashes , it makes one feel that the drug is toxic .

I am releived to hear that this did resolve for you and it gives me hope that it can for me too, I mean,  , the v didn't used to have this effect on me , even at 10 mgs.

So if the build up is not the issue , nor paradoxical response, then it must be the destabilized nervous system . ( and other systems IMO) .

A buddy here was sick for 5 months and only getting worse , she ended up dose correcting and stabilized after a few weeks and was then able to continue her taper . I guess that's another option , but I don't feel like taking that risk at this point, I feel hold is a safer bet for me, just might take a while. I really want to stabilize and be able to go forwards with a slow taper and have a bit of a life as I do it , hoping that'll be possible for me .

I don't see why not if I don't rush anything and wait til I feel really stable.

Thank you so much , you are very reassuring  :)

Indeed! Thanks again Valley , you're a rock! ( please see the above in italic in your text )

Love, MiYu  :)

Thanks Valley ,

Sorry Miyu, I meant to reply some pages back...

Like Valley explains here, -I too had times I thought the V was making me so fatigued I would sleep through a house fire... But looking back it was in the months following too big of cuts... I cant recall actually feeling sick after a dose, but suspect that may have been what I thought was interdose WD back then... I have been back to once daily for ages, with no problems...

Your body will continue to fight for stability, I think you are doing the right thing to help it...

The x8 dose sounds crazy.. 20V =160v etc... but I think its a little less shocking when the whole picture is peeled open... perhaps receptor saturation points, and affinity rates.. -bit above me, sorry... my point is not to worry too much...

But it is why I shudder when people get urged to say jump at 1v instead of slowly tapering as low as they can... -0.25v sounds much more user friendly...

Dirt bike riding , really? You're a crazy man !  :crazy:

I'm glad Begood was able to help you out ... I hope it helps.

No worries on when you respond, we do what we can ...and Thank you  :)

Yes , I don't know that we'll get a laymans explanation in that other thread , it is pretty intensive reading/ research to plough through . Wouldn't mind an answer on the gabapentin though .

Valleys long hold propaganda is as you say so much more user friendly , and every quote feels encouraging and positive on a human level , which is so important for us .

I'm experimenting with doses to see what works where . Mornings are weirdest ,as I get these cortisol/ adrenaline rushes , saying "wake up" and then I take some V , even a 1/2 mg , and my body goes huh? I thought it was time to wake up! :D 

so I'm waiting till breakfast and now trying

2 mgs am / 1 to 1-1/2 at lunch depending on sedation , and the rest at night .  It really knocks me out at night taking 4-5 mgs .which is ok as that is after all sleep time . Grateful I can sleep anyway.

I think you are right as far as receptor saturation ......Definitely a factor I'd say. Though who knows what really goes on ?

Ok , gonna try not to worry about every single little thing  :crazy:

Thanks again Cant.

Love, MiYu

Me too MiYu  :smitten::thumbsup:

Trying not to worry and not to rush.

Thank you so much Valley and Cant for your explanations.

They do help when we are so uncertain about what to do.

If one more person tells me I can "just stop taking them"  and it's all in my imagination I will scream so loudly.!

I'm not going to tell anyone else I'm taking them cos I might as well save my breath.

Take care everyone and good luck.

Good luck with your doctor Twowheels and keep up the good healing steve  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Has anybody had any adverse reactions to a massage?  I have been getting monthly massages for a couple of years. Generally I feel better after them. I had one Wednesday and while I felt good after, I have been feeling worse everyday with incredible neck shoulder and arm pain. Burning fiery nerve pain. Some anxiety. Just brutal right now. Prior to that I had been feeling really good. Yesterday I was in so much pain I took a hydrocodone pain pill but I think that was a mistake. Today I awake feeling awefull.

Not much I can do but wait it out. Has anyone else gone from feeling really good to awefull in a blink of an eye?

Has anybody had any adverse reactions to a massage?  I have been getting monthly massages for a couple of years. Generally I feel better after them. I had one Wednesday and while I felt good after, I have been feeling worse everyday with incredible neck shoulder and arm pain. Burning fiery nerve pain. Some anxiety. Just brutal right now. Prior to that I had been feeling really good. Yesterday I was in so much pain I took a hydrocodone pain pill but I think that was a mistake. Today I awake feeling awefull.

Not much I can do but wait it out. Has anyone else gone from feeling really good to awefull in a blink of an eye?

Oh no! I'm sorry ...... I have had massages , and usually just being touched I find so good... But I knwo it can release a lot of toxins , depending on the type of massage .  :(

Hope you feel better ...

Serenitee,

I get massages regularely and once it happened to me.

I was feeling good immediately after but the next few days saw a ramp up in sxs.

I don't know if it was a timing thing relative to a recent cut or if it was as many have told me, that deep muscle massage can excellerate the release of toxins or Valium in my case stored in muscle.

I have been back of course and it hasn't happened a second time yet! Go figure.

Don't let it worry you or deter you from your massage.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏🏻

Serenitee,

I get massages regularely and once it happened to me.

I was feeling good immediately after but the next few days saw a ramp up in sxs.

I don't know if it was a timing thing relative to a recent cut or if it was as many have told me, that deep muscle massage can excellerate the release of toxins or Valium in my case stored in muscle.

I have been back of course and it hasn't happened a second time yet! Go figure.

Don't let it worry you or deter you from your massage.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏🏻

Thanks,

It helps to know this has happened to someone else. Might have her go a little easier next time.

Serenitee I have also once felt unwell after a deep tissue massage and like ATU I understand that they can release toxins, and probably in our case part of the toxins may be valium.

I was ok after a few hours but drank loads of water to help the toxins release.

I've been too afraid to get a massage. Of course part of it is making an appointment and not being sure if I'll be able to go or not because of the agoraphobia.

I had a chiropractic appointment this past Saturday. My husband took me to it. I was super anxious and agoraphobic but I went anyway. Having my hubby there really made a difference. It has been a couple of weeks since I had been adjusted and she also did some deep tissue probing. I ended up with a massive migraine and today is the first day I've really been able to function. I've also been having problems with increased anxiety in the evenings which is unusal for me. I'm wondering if it was caused by the adjustment. She knows I'm in withdrawal but I asked her to really do a in depth exam and see if she could help me get my pelvis to straighten out so it was a little more intense than usual. She was concerned it might make my symptoms worse but wants to see me again on Wed so we can discuss things. She doesn't want to move to fast and trigger more w/d sxs for me. She's really great when it comes to being understanding with all of this stuff.

I really wish I could get back to where I was before the change in generics. It seems to be taking forever to recover and I even did a month long taper over to the new generic. I can't imagine how bad things would have been if I hadn't done that. It's hard to know how long to expect it to take when I don't know how much of a change it was to my dose. Sigh.

I'm so glad Steveozz is doing so well. I hope he continues to heal quickly  :thumbsup:

Hugs and healing everyone  :hug::smitten:

T

I've been too afraid to get a massage. Of course part of it is making an appointment and not being sure if I'll be able to go or not because of the agoraphobia.

I had a chiropractic appointment this past Saturday. My husband took me to it. I was super anxious and agoraphobic but I went anyway. Having my hubby there really made a difference. It has been a couple of weeks since I had been adjusted and she also did some deep tissue probing. I ended up with a massive migraine and today is the first day I've really been able to function. I've also been having problems with increased anxiety in the evenings which is unusal for me. I'm wondering if it was caused by the adjustment. She knows I'm in withdrawal but I asked her to really do a in depth exam and see if she could help me get my pelvis to straighten out so it was a little more intense than usual. She was concerned it might make my symptoms worse but wants to see me again on Wed so we can discuss things. She doesn't want to move to fast and trigger more w/d sxs for me. She's really great when it comes to being understanding with all of this stuff.

I really wish I could get back to where I was before the change in generics. It seems to be taking forever to recover and I even did a month long taper over to the new generic. I can't imagine how bad things would have been if I hadn't done that. It's hard to know how long to expect it to take when I don't know how much of a change it was to my dose. Sigh.

I'm so glad Steveozz is doing so well. I hope he continues to heal quickly  :thumbsup:

Hugs and healing everyone  :hug::smitten:

T

So sorry you are still having a hard time since the generic switch . :therethere:.. It's crazy how sensitive we can be to these changes .

I hope you feel better soon .  :smitten:

I'm having a weird time with the Valium since I made that small cut in June . Altho I'm some ways I'm better , I am not finding the Valium SO sedating it's crazy :crazy:

1/2 mg in the day knocks me out ! So I'm having to take the majority of my dose at night . I don't understand the change , it's never done this before , and I've always dosed three X day as apparantly I'm a rapid metabolizer . Perhaps  that's changed? Very strange .....I actually feel a lot better in the day taking less now , but my nervous system is still super fragile since the cut , so I cant continue my taper yet .  :(

All a bit  scary but trying not to worry too much .

Well get there T ,

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

I just posted a LONG post and it disappeared! Ooo this makes me so frustrated!

Well here I go again!

Hi there Valley!

You sure are doing well going down in your taper. You've gotten rid of so much of your dose! And it looks like you have not had a very hard time with wdsx. I am so happy for you.  ;):yippee: :yippee: You give so much advice and encouragement to others. It's nice to know that you are reaping rewards for all the good you do for others here on this forum. Nice to know that good times are in your pocket too!

I have been on a DMT of -.005 for two months now. I have eliminated 10% of my dose, 5% a month.

I have not had a particularly hard time. Just little blips here and there, but to be honest with you, and myself, I know I have not been cutting everyday like I am supposed to in a DMT. I usually cut every two or three days, not daily. And I sometimes put in a four day hold just for safety measure.

You see, when things are going smoothly, I get so scared and I think that maybe I am going  too fast and something may blow up at any moment. And then I will get horribke wdsx that may have been piling up for a while from previous cuts and will let loose all at once and I won't be able too function, etc. etc.

So what I am trying to say is, do you think I should just go ahead and do the DMT every day like I should and stop being afraid.  :idiot: When I think about it, I say to myself, "what I am afraid of may actually never happen".  :crazy:  And I know I am holding myself back by my fear of wdsx (they may make me non functional, and then I may lose my job, etc. ) Maybe  I should just go for it... and deal with side effects if and when they occur! I may be holding myself back for nothing. :idiot:

But what if I totally mess myself up by going too fast?

This is just a never ending guessing game,isn't it?

I know we are all different, and you can't really tell me what to do. It's something I have to decide for myself.  But I value your input much more than you could ever know. You always say something so wise, put things in perspective, and help me enormously in making my own right decision for myself.

So anything you can think of to tell me, please do! 

And again I want to thank you for being our wonderfully wise leader.  :thumbsup:

Oh mighty King of the Benzo Universe, I salute you! :clap: :clap:

Heath  :smitten:

And I'm sure my sentiments are shared by everyone on this forum!

And anyone else who wants to chime in...please feel free!

I just posted a LONG post and it disappeared! Ooo this makes me so frustrated!

Well here I go again!

Hi there Valley!

You sure are doing well going down in your taper. You've gotten rid of so much of your dose! And it looks like you have not had a very hard time with wdsx. I am so happy for you.  ;):yippee: :yippee: You give so much advice and encouragement to others. It's nice to know that you are reaping rewards for all the good you do for others here on this forum. Nice to know that good times are in your pocket too!

I have been on a DMT of -.005 for two months now. I have eliminated 10% of my dose, 5% a month.

I have not had a particularly hard time. Just little blips here and there, but to be honest with you, and myself, I know I have not been cutting everyday like I am supposed to in a DMT. I usually cut every two or three days, not daily. And I sometimes put in a four day hold just for safety measure.

You see, when things are going smoothly, I get so scared and I think that maybe I am going  too fast and something may blow up at any moment. And then I will get horribke wdsx that may have been piling up for a while from previous cuts and will let loose all at once and I won't be able too function, etc. etc.

So what I am trying to say is, do you think I should just go ahead and do the DMT every day like I should and stop being afraid.  :idiot: When I think about it, I say to myself, "what I am afraid of may actually never happen".  :crazy:  And I know I am holding myself back by my fear of wdsx (they may make me non functional, and then I may lose my job, etc. ) Maybe  I should just go for it... and deal with side effects if and when they occur! I may be holding myself back for nothing. :idiot:

But what if I totally mess myself up by going too fast?

This is just a never ending guessing game,isn't it?

I know we are all different, and you can't really tell me what to do. It's something I have to decide for myself.  But I value your input much more than you could ever know. You always say something so wise, put things in perspective, and help me enormously in making my own right decision for myself.

So anything you can think of to tell me, please do! 

And again I want to thank you for being our wonderfully wise leader.  :thumbsup:

Oh mighty King of the Benzo Universe, I salute you! :clap: :clap:

Heath  :smitten:

And I'm sure my sentiments are shared by everyone on this forum!

And anyone else who wants to chime in...please feel free!

lol, lucky the last line, as I was going to blurt anyways... :)

I been wondering how you been doing, -I been a little behind...

I dont see any NEED to micro daily, but in an ideal world if one was cutting every 4 days, in theory they could cut 1/4 of that cut but everyday...

But some like to have that gap as a bit of a safety net, I think quite a few here have their own variations of it...

Yes its good to gently push ourselves forward, but I see no good coming fron scaring ourselves, particularly with a realistic fear...

So I would put forwards to slowly build confidence on your own terms.. If that means dipping your toes in and pulling them out, so be it...

Small steps ever farwards...

Just my thoughts...

[cc...]