Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Valley,

Thanks, they work good for me as well but I was worried about long term issues with them.

I suppose I worry too much sometimes.  :idiot:

Hope you are well.

ATU 🙏🏻

I have the same concern about long term use so I only use them if I go 2 nights in a row without sleep.  I seem to have about one night of insomnia a month right now.  I'm doing well and hope you are too. :)--V

Glad you are doing well Valley.

You mentioned doxylamine succinate to me and I used it once when I was feeling very hyped up a few days ago [happy but too excited]  and I was convinced I wouldn't be able to go off to sleep.

Took a half tablet and slept beautifully for 7 hours...I guess because I'm not used to it, half was enough.

I think if I only take it occasionally it could be my answer - thanks :thumbsup:

Felt very slightly groggy in the morning but only slight and brief.

Good morning from where I am...East Coast US

I don't feel like I quite belong in this group.....could I ask for your experiences......you all seem to be doing so well.

Before you discovered holding as an option.....were any of you as non functional as I seem to be.....just getting a shower and getting some basic chores around the house done....one or two?

A month ago I was driving..went on vacation....shopping...

I can't do any of that now.....I'm basically home bound.  I'm not afraid to go out....but the dizziness and fatigue prevent me.  I am afraid to drive because I don't think it's safe.

My doctor is telling me to keep cutting.....right now I'm afraid to do that either....I'm just in limbo

Were any of you in this position?  Would appreciate some thoughts. I feel so alone.

I don't actually think I'm paradoxical with Ativan... but it really doesn't help.....I'm rambling....but each day is Ground Hog day

Thanks for sharing anything that might help me

HS

Hi HS, I'm in the midwest and often feel like I'm out of synch with others on this board too. I usually only get a short time in the afternoon, my time, to make any posts.

Before I discovered holding as an option I was completely non-functional. Around three and a half months in I finally started to see some improvement. I hadn't left my house for about a year previous to the hold. I also struggled with showering or doing any normal daily activities. My wonderful husband picked up all the slack. He would work and then come home and cook, etc.

Unfortunately I just changed generics and it seems to have been a big "cut" for me and I'm back to being non-functional again. I'm hoping it doesn't last long but I don't know how much I "cut". According to my doctor the change in generics can be as much as 20% total as the FDA allows them to be 10% above the name brand and 10% below the name brand. I don't think my "cut" was that big but it was obviously more than I could handle. My pdoc keeps telling me that it will only take three weeks to recover but from previous experience I know that that's not always the case. So I'm holding again and hoping to find my way back to being functional again.

It is a lonely feeling to be so isolated and miserable, Ground Hog day indeed, but you are not alone. We are all here and I personally am in much the same place as you are. It has been a month since I became non-functional again. We will get through it though. I know because it happened once before for me. I've been holding now for six months. This group is amazing. Right now it is the only group I read on BB. They really help keep the spirits up so please come and bring us your problems so we can lift you up in our crazy amazing way.  :smitten: :smitten:

Hello tntd  :)

Generics can have a terrible effect, which I was told by my doc and pharmacist was all imagination but my pdoc confirmed what yours said.

I never accept them now.

Hope you improve soon - all that work tapering to be thrown by a cheap generic.!

I hope HS keeps coming here too but she seems to be in distress at the moment.

I had the problem with my doctor - she actually laughed at my w/d symptoms - but unfortunately I don't think the solution I found will be any good for HS. :(

Nice to see you again - take care. :smitten:

It was a broken record..................

What happened?

Assume they still want you off quickly?

There only seem to be a couple of solutions, to me, and you have probably thought of them but would another doctor be more sympathetic?

i don't think you could do what I did because you have an illness apart from the benzo cutting so you really do need your doctor don't you.

Are your family supportive?

Have you decided to just try to power though

It will help to keep coming onto this group.

They will be more supportive because hey know what you are going through.

I must admit that I'm amazed by your doctor's attitude and I am at a loss to know what to suggest. :-\

Good luck whatever you decide  :smitten:

About my broken record......

Basically my doctor is not in a giant hurry to get me off the benzos.....but he is also not a fan of such long holds in my situation...I've been on Ativan for most of my adult life..32 years.  I'm on a high dose of Ativan.  I was in terrible tolerance and mental shape when I started the taper...I've had trouble throughout my taper.....I have a chronic pain condition that my Neurologist thinks will improve when I'm free of the Ativan...( thus is of course pure conjecture......as neither one of them have had a patient like me.....coming off a benzo while having CRPS which in itself is a CNS illness).  I cut a small amount last night.....but plan on slowing down the taper to a crawl.  I've been to three p docs who all wanted to put me on Klonopin for life.  It's been a sh*t show fir a couple of years.  My family doctor knows me , I have easy access and he's close to my house......he's also the doc who has been prescribing this for most of the time ( that's another subject).

My family is wonderful and just wants me better.  But like all caretakers.....and because I've been sick with CRPS for 10 years.....their patience wears thin....I can't blame them.  I have 2 grandchildren ages 6 and 3 ( that I used to take care of while their parents worked .... can't do that now). Breaks my heart.  But they are my motivation.  So more if my story...tired of feeling terrible and just never know whether I'm doing the right thing.  Maybe it's a benzo thing.....

Be well everyone....off to take a shower...my high wire act each morning.  Have a wonderful day.  Thanks for caring... I just don't want to be a bummer.❤️

About my broken record......

Basically my doctor is not in a giant hurry to get me off the benzos.....but he is also not a fan of such long holds in my situation...I've been on Ativan for most of my adult life..32 years.  I'm on a high dose of Ativan.  I was in terrible tolerance and mental shape when I started the taper...I've had trouble throughout my taper.....I have a chronic pain condition that my Neurologist thinks will improve when I'm free of the Ativan...( thus is of course pure conjecture......as neither one of them have had a patient like me.....coming off a benzo while having CRPS which in itself is a CNS illness).  I cut a small amount last night.....but plan on slowing down the taper to a crawl.  I've been to three p docs who all wanted to put me on Klonopin for life.  It's been a sh*t show fir a couple of years.  My family doctor knows me , I have easy access and he's close to my house......he's also the doc who has been prescribing this for most of the time ( that's another subject).

My family is wonderful and just wants me better.  But like all caretakers.....and because I've been sick with CRPS for 10 years.....their patience wears thin....I can't blame them.  I have 2 grandchildren ages 6 and 3 ( that I used to take care of while their parents worked .... can't do that now). Breaks my heart.  But they are my motivation.  So more if my story...tired of feeling terrible and just never know whether I'm doing the right thing.  Maybe it's a benzo thing.....

Be well everyone....off to take a shower...my high wire act each morning.  Have a wonderful day.  Thanks for caring... I just don't want to be a bummer.❤️

HS,

Here is my take, fwiw (and I could be totally off-base :-\).

I, too, have (HA! had!!) been on benzos a very long time (25yrs), high dose (8mg xanax at the end) and was very ill.  I was physically and mentally unwell (understatement).  It's all just a blur of misery.  And I understand the "family" issue.  I tried to be as "normal" as possible and hid out in my room most of the time.  It was all I could do to force my sick self downstairs for a hour or two a day.  Many days I did not accomplish even that.  Over this period I rarely left the house and even had 2 sets of tires rot due to the car not being moved. :o

I see perhaps an explanation in your signature.  A too rapid beginning to your taper, followed by a reinstatement and then taper with not enough time to get stable and back on your feet.  I see continued tapering while very symptomatic and no true hold.  In other words, a continual and continuing assault that your brain has had no opportunity to recover from.

I was fortunate in my taper.  I was not here to learn about Ashton, tolerance wd and get wrapped up in the rush to eliminate the poison.  Also, my pdoc took little to no interest in my taper.  He did tell me I'd be off in 3-6wks although counseled that I needed to be on for life.  He attributed any and all wd to my anxiety returning.  I ignored him.  Most importantly, my early rushing and extensive, debilitating wd caused me to HOLD for 8 months.  I knew I couldn't taper further while things were so bad.  As I said, I wasn't here and didn't know "any better" (HA!).  It was common sense to me that I was causing damage or I wouldn't be having the reaction I was.  There was no pushing thru anything for me.  This saved me.  I truly believe that.

Of course after coming here and reading/being told of the misery that would befall me with the impeding tolerance wd I rushed - again!  Luckily my brain started to function and I again held.  I didn't get tolerance with the 8 month hold.  I only got better - so WHY would a second hold be different?  And that 8 month hold?  I was still quite ill at 4 months.  Not that much improved from the start of the hold.  And the 4 month one saw new sxs at 6 wks in.  Obviously cutting was not an option.

The rest is history.  Slow enough for only mild symptoms and the great good fortune to walk off.

So...not knowing for sure as nothing is for sure with this process...I would probably settle in for a long hold - months or until I am firmly on my feet.  With my second hold I even gave it an extra 2 months after I felt well enough to cut - just to make sure and to give my poor brain a rest to heal further.

Hello all. Havent posted here in awhile. Hope everyone is making good progress. Taking a very slow taper with very long holds. Finding that even after a long hold i never completely stabalize. Going through a bit of a rough time now, but life is somewhat manageable. If i never fully stabalize, how will i know the right time to make another cut?

Hello all. Havent posted here in awhile. Hope everyone is making good progress. Taking a very slow taper with very long holds. Finding that even after a long hold i never completely stabalize. Going through a bit of a rough time now, but life is somewhat manageable. If i never fully stabalize, how will i know the right time to make another cut?

Hey BJ...

I guess -how long were your holds?? Did you go beyond 8 months? -And where do they fit into your sig.. ?

I remember your updosing... How much better did you get before reducing again?

I have never been fully stable before reducing again, for one reason or another...

But im holding longer this time, and while its a little up n down, things are slowly getting better...

Hey BJ...

I guess -how long were your holds?? Did you go beyond 8 months? -And where do they fit into your sig.. ?

I remember your updosing... How much better did you get before reducing again?

I have never been fully stable before reducing again, for one reason or another...

But im holding longer this time, and while its a little up n down, things are slowly getting better...

On 20mg updose for about 4 months. Slowly got to a point where i was more functional, but never really reached a point where i was asymptomatic again. Cut to 19mg on july 3rd. So its been about 6 weeks since last cut. Have had a mix of windows and waves during that time. Currently riding a week long wave. Feel like garbage.

Hi slowly ....

I just wanted to respond to your feeling that it might be psychological , the reaction to the V . I am contemplating that myself..even a pschological reaction can creat symptoms that's for sure . How to turn it around tho I don't know . I'm sort of testing it out to see what happens when I don't take my v at the usual time , to see if I get the same symptoms ...it  seems I do , some of them anyway , the same as when I take the v , in waves . Less predictable but still the same kind of sx. Interesting?  :smitten:

HS , I'm so sorry youre struggling so much .... Lynn's story is truly inspirational and I hope you get some comfort from it , knowing that anything is possible  :smitten:

Blackjack , I've been wondering how you were doing .... I'd have the same question as Cant... How did you feel when you cut again ? Had you had some real improvements ? You said you never really felt stable.

I understand that feeling! I feel the same way. But I cut , a very tiny amount when I still wasn't really well, I was getting better , but I wasn't greet or even close. That 1/16 th has really set me back a lot . I can't believe how much.

It's hard to know what's what , but I do know I felt better before I made that cut .

You cut a whole mg , which is also a fair amount , even tho it's only 5% of your total. How would you feel about going up to 19.5 ? I don't necessarily think updosing is the answer, just wondering if it's worth a try . I myself have resisted updosing as I haven't made much progress in my taper to my mind. What about microtapering ? Are you doing that or cut and hold .

Just thinking aloud and wondering what might help .

Hope everyone who is having a hard time , like I am  :-[ feels better soon ,

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

Hi slowly ....

I just wanted to respond to your feeling that it might be psychological , the reaction to the V . I am contemplating that myself..even a pschological reaction can creat symptoms that's for sure . How to turn it around tho I don't know . I'm sort of testing it out to see what happens when I don't take my v at the usual time , to see if I get the same symptoms ...it  seems I do , some of them anyway , the same as when I take the v , in waves . Less predictable but still the same kind of sx. Interesting?  :smitten:

HS , I'm so sorry youre struggling so much .... Lynn's story is truly inspirational and I hope you get some comfort from it , knowing that anything is possible  :smitten:

Blackjack , I've been wondering how you were doing .... I'd have the same question as Cant... How did you feel when you cut again ? Had you had some real improvements ? You said you never really felt stable.

I understand that feeling! I feel the same way. But I cut , a very tiny amount when I still wasn't really well, I was getting better , but I wasn't greet or even close. That 1/16 th has really set me back a lot . I can't believe how much.

It's hard to know what's what , but I do know I felt better before I made that cut .

You cut a whole mg , which is also a fair amount , even tho it's only 5% of your total. How would you feel about going up to 19.5 ? I don't necessarily think updosing is the answer, just wondering if it's worth a try . I myself have resisted updosing as I haven't made much progress in my taper to my mind. What about microtapering ? Are you doing that or cut and hold .

Its already been 6 weeks.  Sxs were actually bearable the first 2 weeks of cut then hit a wave and its been a mix of waves and windows ever since. Trying to avoid updosing. When i updosed earlier this year to 20mg it totally screwed me up. I havent been the same since.

Hi slowly ....

Its already been 6 weeks.  Sxs were actually bearable the first 2 weeks of cut then hit a wave and its been a mix of waves and windows ever since. Trying to avoid updosing. When i updosed earlier this year to 20mg it totally screwed me up. I havent been the same since.

d

Sorry to hear that BJ .....doesn't sound like updosing is the right think for you now. I have found that I actually get a little break when I cut ... I would t exactly call mine Windows , but I get a small period of feeling better , then I get a lot worse . That's what's happening to me now . It seems to be about the long half life of Valium ..... This last small cut I made in June took three weeks for the WDs to really hit , and when they did they hit hard .

Now I feel not so much WDs as just sick from the Valium .... It's very confusing  :-[

I don't know myself what to do, whether I might be better off making a very tiny cut now , or holding for months . I can't figure it out at all.

You've made a decision and cuts, that's good ... Hang in there and I hope the WDs will pass quickly . I'm glad you at least have a Windows waves pattern , that's something that I think the experts here would say is a good indicator of some healing / adjusting going on .

MiYu

Slowly ... So I took more of my am dose , and there's no doubt I feel really bad for a couple of hours after taking it , I go really pale and feel so sick ....it wears off until the next dose , and then the same happens again .

Is it psychosomatic ? Maybe , I don't know .....I can't control it anyway it seems . I've tried to no avail.

Love,

MiYu

Hi slowly ....

Absolutely true, MiYu

Psychological reactions do create real symptoms.

Like you I'm testing and trying things at the moment.

I think the psychological thing with me is that I'm scared of what the valium is doing to me, especially the depression, that it almost causes me to vomit when I take it.

Also the fact that it never has seemed to do me any good.

I feel well at the moment, since about 6 weeks into this hold I've had no symptoms.

I can only wait and see what happens when I cut again.

I think I can stand it taking a long time if I'm at least taking less and less of the stuff.

Hope you improve soon, like you, I don't know how to handle it.

So much conflicting information except from this group :):smitten:

Slowly ... So I took more of my am dose , and there's no doubt I feel really bad for a couple of hours after taking it , I go really pale and feel so sick ....it wears off until the next dose , and then the same happens again .

Is it psychosomatic ? Maybe , I don't know .....I can't control it anyway it seems . I've tried to no avail.

Love,

MiYu

Same for me MiYu except that i don't really actually feel sick after taking it - it's more just as I swallow it I seem to feel that it is doing me no good...so it's almost the thought of taking it which makes me feel that kind of sinking feeling.

I'm positive that in my case it is psychosomatic.

Still nasty though isn't it? :smitten:

Spoke to my brother on phone today and he said - not unkindly but sort of impatiently - "for God's sake if you don't like it don't take it"

Mmm - sounds easy  :-\

Love  :smitten:

Love,

MiYu

Same for me MiYu except that i don't really actually feel sick after taking it - it's more just as I swallow it I seem to feel that it is doing me no good...so it's almost the thought of taking it which makes me feel that kind of sinking feeling.

Spoke to my brother on phone today and he said - not unkindly but sort of impatiently - "for God's sake if you don't like it don't take it"

Oh I had a friend say that to me recently ..... Even tho I have sent here tons of info about benzos and WD .....and as if that doesn't go through our minds all the time!

I certainly wouldn't dare with everything  ive read and now my personal experience of tapering .

Yes , it's nasty . Soemtimes I look at my little dish with my daily pills and can't bear the thought of taking one more, even tho I am trying so hard to 'make friends' with them .

:-[

Healing I don't think anyone could say it better than Lynn has.

She's a real inspiration.

When I read your broken record post it actually felt slightly better than I had imagined because at least if your doctor isn't rushing you, you can do a longish hold probably without him making any fuss.

My doctor didn't give me any options.

My long, well, 7 month, hold just happened because, like Lynn said happened to her, I just knew I  couldn't cut any further at that point.

I hadn't even found BB but I just knew in my mind that I wasn't able to continue without waiting until I felt well again.

I hate the benzos but it will have to take as long a it takes because I couldn't not be functional.

You aren't being a bummer, we are all in the same boat. :smitten:

Good morning from where I am...East Coast US

I don't feel like I quite belong in this group.....could I ask for your experiences......you all seem to be doing so well.

Before you discovered holding as an option.....were any of you as non functional as I seem to be.....just getting a shower and getting some basic chores around the house done....one or two?

A month ago I was driving..went on vacation....shopping...

I can't do any of that now.....I'm basically home bound.  I'm not afraid to go out....but the dizziness and fatigue prevent me.  I am afraid to drive because I don't think it's safe.

My doctor is telling me to keep cutting.....right now I'm afraid to do that either....I'm just in limbo

Were any of you in this position?  Would appreciate some thoughts. I feel so alone.

I don't actually think I'm paradoxical with Ativan... but it really doesn't help.....I'm rambling....but each day is Ground Hog day

Thanks for sharing anything that might help me

HS

Hi HS, I'm in the midwest and often feel like I'm out of synch with others on this board too. I usually only get a short time in the afternoon, my time, to make any posts.

Before I discovered holding as an option I was completely non-functional. Around three and a half months in I finally started to see some improvement. I hadn't left my house for about a year previous to the hold. I also struggled with showering or doing any normal daily activities. My wonderful husband picked up all the slack. He would work and then come home and cook, etc.

Unfortunately I just changed generics and it seems to have been a big "cut" for me and I'm back to being non-functional again. I'm hoping it doesn't last long but I don't know how much I "cut". According to my doctor the change in generics can be as much as 20% total as the FDA allows them to be 10% above the name brand and 10% below the name brand. I don't think my "cut" was that big but it was obviously more than I could handle. My pdoc keeps telling me that it will only take three weeks to recover but from previous experience I know that that's not always the case. So I'm holding again and hoping to find my way back to being functional again.

It is a lonely feeling to be so isolated and miserable, Ground Hog day indeed, but you are not alone. We are all here and I personally am in much the same place as you are. It has been a month since I became non-functional again. We will get through it though. I know because it happened once before for me. I've been holding now for six months. This group is amazing. Right now it is the only group I read on BB. They really help keep the spirits up so please come and bring us your problems so we can lift you up in our crazy amazing way.  :smitten: :smitten:

Hello tntd  :)

Generics can have a terrible effect, which I was told by my doc and pharmacist was all imagination but my pdoc confirmed what yours said.

I never accept them now.

Hope you improve soon - all that work tapering to be thrown by a cheap generic.!

I hope HS keeps coming here too but she seems to be in distress at the moment.

I had the problem with my doctor - she actually laughed at my w/d symptoms - but unfortunately I don't think the solution I found will be any good for HS. :(

Nice to see you again - take care. :smitten:

Hi Slowly,

I'm glad that you are doing so well.

Thanks for your comments, it is frustrating to be thrown off by a cheap generic!  :tickedoff:

I've been on generics the whole time I've been taking clonazepam. This is the first time I've had a generic brand change though. I'm going to ask my pdoc to keep me on the same generic at the very least. I'm actually going to make sure I talk with his secretary. She usually makes sure he gets things done. He sometimes forgets because we get to chatting about other things. Did you know that talcum powder is made from rocks????  I didn't until my pdoc told me. Also uranium glass is fascinating and beautiful. LOL, anyway we get off the subject at hand and discuss all sorts of other more interesting things. I love it so it's partly my fault too.

AUtGJ0nfx-QGhz9uU4Ft5XJ9k9gQyUlZ3VErY2tO1sTuq3Ydgoq2y9Y

Slowly and MiYu,

I'm not taking Valium but I also feel "trapped" by these little benzo pills. Other's just don't understand the horrors that occur if we just "don't take it"!!  I'm lucky that my family understands.

Hugs to you both, :hug:

T

Love,

MiYu

Oh I had a friend say that to me recently ..... Even tho I have sent here tons of info about benzos and WD .....and as if that doesn't go through our minds all the time!

I certainly wouldn't dare with everything  ive read and now my personal experience of tapering .

Yes , it's nasty . Soemtimes I look at my little dish with my daily pills and can't bear the thought of taking one more, even tho I am trying so hard to 'make friends' with them .

:-[

I think that if they haven't been here people don't begin to understand, although I'm sure they mean well.

Trouble is my brother has been here  :) he used to take them for a long time but then just literally threw them away.

I can't work it out. :idiot:

I feel the same way about seeing my counted out doses  :( although I only dose once a day I do measure out four at a time.

I feel like a real wuss. ::)

:smitten: :smitten:

tntd  thanks hon.The annoying thing about the generics is that it's down to money isn't it!

They are cheaper.

If you stay on the same one though at least you get stability - I couldn't stand chopping and changing.

I was glad my pdoc supported me by telling the gp and pharmacist that they were wrong  :)

I talked to my pdoc about lots of other stuff too - we used to have quite a good laugh together.

Good luck  :thumbsup::smitten:

Hey slowly,

Thanks. 

It is about the money with generics. I actually go to the VA and it's generics all the way unless you need the name brand because the generics don't work. I had that happen and it was horrible. They give me the name brand for that one.

Stability is what I'm looking for right now. I'm concerned that with the new fiscal year there will be a change in the medication. That's generally when it tends to happen so I need to make sure I talk with my pdocs secretary really soon!!

I'm so glad your pdoc supported you. :thumbsup: It's so crazy that the gp and pharmacist didn't know so they said you were wrong. I suppose that's what they are taught by the pharmaceutical companies. We're lucky to have great pdocs  8)

Hugs and continued healing to you,  :smitten::hug:

T

I had the same thing happen to me with generics.

I crossed over from alprazolam to clonazepam. Was given Actavis brand from the get go. Then Actavis generics bought by Allergan who wanted to add a generic component.

Within days, offer made by Teva in Israel to buy all Actavis generics. Production on Actavis products stopped until FTC approved. That took a year. Meanwhile I had to take Sandoz clonazepam.

I could tell within several weeks (made gradual transition) that it was a much weaker generic. Brought on many w/d sx. Then, several months later, pharmacy switched generics again. In fact a bunch of the pharmacies in my area switched to different generics.

The only ones who seem to stay consistent is walgreens with mylan and a chain grocery store called Smiths owned by Kroger who uses the Teva generic. It is all about money.

Hello, just dropping in.

Down to .91 mg

Really really want to just go to .90 mg. That would make it a clear 10% cut in two months time, off of my 1 mg

That was my goal (5% a month)

But I'm feeling crappy.

Nothing specific . No horrible wdsx. Just tired and , so tired.

A bit of too much insomnia.

Time for a tiny dose of remeron ?? ...don't know. Don't want to take it but maybe have to.. I'm very cautious with that drug.

But my body is saying STOP, so I guess I'm going to stop and hold at .91 for a week and see if my body tells me it's ok to go ahead with my DMT and hooefully get to .90 in about two more weeks time.

Oh yes, this never ends, it's never over until it's over!

Heath.... sooo 😴 tired.

Hope all who are having struggles will have some light if day tomorrow.  Main thing...remember that the turtle  Yes THE TURTLE! Will win the race!

Sorry Guys...

Having problems with my "other" medication releasing evenly, so here one minute... -hone the next...

BJ, I think Miyu reflected my thoughts well...

If you feel you have to reduce, then perhaps small, more regular reductions...

Even if its daily micro tapering at 0.5mg/mth to start off with (example only)...

You can allways throw in some holds with a micro taper too, if needed... -as per SX.

Wish I had a better answer... Its not like you made an obvious mistake anywhere that I can see...

My best wishes...

Day 6 since my jump.... Hurray! :D I actually got some sleep last night about 3 hrs...first time in about week...crazy how long u can go without sleep. So happy this morning! Spirits lifted! I have read that your body needs REM sleep to heal... I can feel a difference in my mind this morning... small windows of improved clarity... still have head fog but can function far better today so far... Thank you everyone for all your help during this hell ride...hope it ends soon!

Hi everyone...I'm finding that I can no longer taper and have been holding for close to a week at 9.7mgs of Valium. Trying to find stability and having a hell of a time. I had been micro tapering and functioning at a sub par level but now its at a point where I was close to admitting myself a week ago. My main concerns are that my prescription is only for 9mgs now so Ill have to talk to my doctor about fixing that. I had Remeron added in to help for some depression and gain weight but all I notice is that it makes me tired/groggy (ok sleep) and have wild dreams. I really wish I could get to 9mgs but I know micro tapering at the moment is out of the question. This brings stress that amplifies everything. I'm beat down and just wanted to see if a hold of a month or so would bring some healing/stability my way. Any experience, advice or what not would be great. Thanks!

[83...]