Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey Gard... Hows the "star wars" re-runs going... (off topic game)

-im still considering getting the box set... hmmm...

Thanks Everyone, but its a Team Family we have here, I soak up plenty from your experiences and thoughts... And I comment with confidence that when I make a mistake, you guys will have my back... We are all the circle of life...

Shopping time for me..!!

Take care Everyone..

:)

Star TREK, smarty pants! And anybody wants to come over to the game "puddings," Cant needs some help. ;)

Good morning....very nervous this morning.  Have doc appointment.....feel like it'll be a broken record and am extremely nervous and anxious....something needs to change

Quiet around here this morning

HS

Good morning....very nervous this morning.  Have doc appointment.....feel like it'll be a broken record and am extremely nervous and anxious....something needs to change

Quiet around here this morning

HS

Good luck Healing! Hope all goes well.  Try not to stress about it.  Usually our own anxiety gets in the way of a productive doctor visit (at least that's how it is for me). :)--V

Healing  seeker,

I don't know why but I am always nervous for my Doctor visits. It's not like they have told anything I didn't want to hear. They have always been supportive with my taper. But it never fails, I always get extremely ramped up about these visits.

I'm sure when it's over and your back, you'll be as good as rain. :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏🏻

Just wondering if anyone else here is or has had difficulty sleeping.

What helped?

I have been having more bad nights than average lately and would like to know what if anything you guys take for it.

Thanks

ATU 🙏🏻

It's been a while, checking in. Just starting to see tiny bits of stabilization on my current hold. Even a few windows.

That's all, I'm still here, still working the withdraw, and wanted to let everyone know I'm still around.

What helped?

I have been having more bad nights than average lately and would like to know what if anything you guys take for it.

Thanks

ATU 🙏🏻

sorry, I just sleep in the morning...

Remeron, low dose of about 7.5mg seems popular...??

It's been a while, checking in. Just starting to see tiny bits of stabilization on my current hold. Even a few windows.

That's all, I'm still here, still working the withdraw, and wanted to let everyone know I'm still around.

Hey Bad... good news..!!

And good to hear from you...

:)

Now just dont make my mistake, and do a big cut or too soon..!!

Be Well..

What helped?

Thanks

ATU 🙏🏻

Cantfly,

Thanks but I have a fear of taking any antidepressant. Is there nothing else that can work?

Any body?

ATU 🙏🏻

That's so good to hear bad!  :thumbsup:

What helped?

Thanks

ATU 🙏🏻

Cantfly,

Thanks but I have a fear of taking any antidepressant. Is there nothing else that can work?

Any body?

ATU 🙏🏻

I use the unisom with doxylamine succinate and it works ok.  :)--V

What helped?

Thanks

ATU 🙏🏻

Cantfly,

Any body?

ATU 🙏🏻

I've also done the doxylamine succinate and found it helpful. I've also tried supplements and found L-Glycine and L-theanine helpful. Magnesium can be helpful too so long as you don't take too much of the wrong kind and end up in the bathroom instead of in bed. Magnesium Orotate is supposed to help with sleep specifically if I remember right. One night I accidentally took a mega dose of L-glycine and ended up sleeping really well, much better than I had been. Anyway there are a lot of different things out there to try just make sure to try them one at a time and start small as we tend to be sensitive to a lot of things that normally wouldn't be a problem.  :hug:

What helped?

Thanks

ATU 🙏🏻

Cantfly,

Any body?

ATU 🙏🏻

Valley,

Do you mind me asking how often a person can use these antihistamines?

Like can you use one every night if you change them up?

Thanks again for the response. :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏🏻

Good morning from where I am...East Coast US

I don't feel like I quite belong in this group.....could I ask for your experiences......you all seem to be doing so well.

Before you discovered holding as an option.....were any of you as non functional as I seem to be.....just getting a shower and getting some basic chores around the house done....one or two?

A month ago I was driving..went on vacation....shopping...

I can't do any of that now.....I'm basically home bound.  I'm not afraid to go out....but the dizziness and fatigue prevent me.  I am afraid to drive because I don't think it's safe.

My doctor is telling me to keep cutting.....right now I'm afraid to do that either....I'm just in limbo

Were any of you in this position?  Would appreciate some thoughts. I feel so alone.

I don't actually think I'm paradoxical with Ativan... but it really doesn't help.....I'm rambling....but each day is Ground Hog day

Thanks for sharing anything that might help me

HS

Hi HS, I'm in the midwest and often feel like I'm out of synch with others on this board too. I usually only get a short time in the afternoon, my time, to make any posts.

Before I discovered holding as an option I was completely non-functional. Around three and a half months in I finally started to see some improvement. I hadn't left my house for about a year previous to the hold. I also struggled with showering or doing any normal daily activities. My wonderful husband picked up all the slack. He would work and then come home and cook, etc.

Unfortunately I just changed generics and it seems to have been a big "cut" for me and I'm back to being non-functional again. I'm hoping it doesn't last long but I don't know how much I "cut". According to my doctor the change in generics can be as much as 20% total as the FDA allows them to be 10% above the name brand and 10% below the name brand. I don't think my "cut" was that big but it was obviously more than I could handle. My pdoc keeps telling me that it will only take three weeks to recover but from previous experience I know that that's not always the case. So I'm holding again and hoping to find my way back to being functional again.

It is a lonely feeling to be so isolated and miserable, Ground Hog day indeed, but you are not alone. We are all here and I personally am in much the same place as you are. It has been a month since I became non-functional again. We will get through it though. I know because it happened once before for me. I've been holding now for six months. This group is amazing. Right now it is the only group I read on BB. They really help keep the spirits up so please come and bring us your problems so we can lift you up in our crazy amazing way.  :smitten: :smitten:

What helped?

Thanks

ATU 🙏🏻

Cantfly,

Any body?

ATU 🙏🏻

I've also done the doxylamine succinate and found it helpful. I've also tried supplements and found L-Glycine and L-theanine helpful. Magnesium can be helpful too so long as you don't take too much of the wrong kind and end up in the bathroom instead of in bed. Magnesium Orotate is supposed to help with sleep specifically if I remember right. One night I accidentally took a mega dose of L-glycine and ended up sleeping really well, much better than I had been. Anyway there are a lot of different things out there to try just make sure to try them one at a time and start small as we tend to be sensitive to a lot of things that normally wouldn't be a problem.  :hug:

Tntd,

Thanks, I will look into some of these.

I tried stuff containing Valerian but it did not really do anything for me.

I have used the antihistamines but not sure if long term use is safe.

Thanks again.  :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏🏻

MiYu,

You talk about your liver. I'm not a well versed person on symptoms of things gone wrong. So how do you know it's your liver. Just trying to educate myself.

Hope you are going to have a better day today.

Heath :smitten:

Hi dear Heath  :smitten:

Thank you ... Im Sorry to hear you're having brain zaps , I have no idea what this feels like , but I know they're common .

I have burning and stabbing pain in my liver area ...so it could be liver or gallbladder . Sometimes if the liver is under stress I think it can get inflamed. Or you can get blocked bile ducts too.

I'm going to ask my doctor about it when I speak to him and maybe get a scan. I believe they can see stones .....

Hope you feel better soon  :smitten:

To me in my turtle taper 5% sounds like a lot ! I'm not even managing 1% ..... I don't know l maybe I need a dose correction , I'm just afraid to try ...... :(

Love , MiYu  :smitten:

I'm with you MiYu, I wasn't managing 1% when I was tapering before I started holding. I'm not even planning on starting with 1% when I am able to taper again.  5% seems like a giant cut to me, I'm so glad others can manage it though.  :thumbsup:

Holding is hard but we can do it. Just imagine how happy our brains are right now. They are busy fixing things up without any interruptions or further assults on them.  I can just hear the neurons, etc,  happily singing as they go about their work. Kind of like the Seven Dwarfs  :laugh:

What helped?

Thanks

ATU 🙏🏻

Cantfly,

Any body?

ATU 🙏🏻

Valley,

Do you mind me asking how often a person can use these antihistamines?

Like can you use one every night if you change them up?

Thanks again for the response. :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏🏻

Hi ATU. I used to switch between benedryl and doxylamine succinate.  I only needed them for the first bit of my taper as sleeping hasn't been a huge issue.  I know many others switch between those 2 without to many issues other than the drag for a bit in the morning.  :)--V

Valley,

Thanks, they work good for me as well but I was worried about long term issues with them.

I suppose I worry too much sometimes.  :idiot:

Hope you are well.

ATU 🙏🏻

Valley,

Thanks, they work good for me as well but I was worried about long term issues with them.

I suppose I worry too much sometimes.  :idiot:

Hope you are well.

ATU 🙏🏻

I have the same concern about long term use so I only use them if I go 2 nights in a row without sleep.  I seem to have about one night of insomnia a month right now.  I'm doing well and hope you are too. :)--V

wow things do move along on this thread!  So much information.

Remeron has been great for me as I find insomnia to be torture...

So glad I found it on this site... :thumbsup:

Back from a visit with my 91 year old Mom.... she's getting to be so frail....

I updosed a tad to get me through that and it seemed to work really well, feeling more like I can do more things i enjoy and get on with things...

I've had enough of this taper consuming me and my life to a certain extent...

Thank you to everyone who writes so openly about themselves and what's going on with them and with such wit!

Never have been much good in a crowd - or with one liners.... but who knows maybe that could change!

Anyway crowd, thanks for being here, for the laughs and for all if it.  :smitten: :smitten:

SS

Just saying a quick hello again , there was a lot to catch up on .

I don't have much to report ... About the same . Been really worried about the Valium making me sick . Trying to deal with those thoughts and accept.

Had so much Nausea and cortisol adrenaline surges in the mornings. . Very fragile and can't get out much except I am taking a little walk in the evenings again.

Went to the store today , that was really hard . Saw people I knew who wanted to talk and couldn't .

I know Valley you said for a while during your hold you felt worse when you took your doses of V . I'm finding that more now . I feel awful and so sedated after I take it, more so than I ever have , and yet I still can feel that my nervous system is really fragile so it's not time to cut .

I'm just praying that I can stabilize and not feel so ill all the time.

I can't believe that 1/16 th taper did all this ! It certainly threw a spanner in the works.

I find my head feels really foggy after the V too , kinda like full of cotton or something , and also get tons of hot flashes after a dose.

I m moving 1 mg if my lunch dose to evening as I can't stand the sedation , hoping my Brain and nervous system won't get too confused .

someone asked me a few pages back if I did milk or dry cutting ? I've tried both . For now I'm doing all dry with the scale as I'm not cutting . It was too much of a pain to measure the liquid every couple of days .

I have my 4 X 2 mg pills and I just shave off the little bit that is the 1/16th mg , that weighs .005 gms.

As always I feel reassured when I come to this wonderful group. Even tho as HS said , I feel like I'm the only one who isnt making any progress! 

I'm afraid you'll all slide off and leave me behind !

Thank you all for your posts as ever , I can't answer too many atm , but I read everything and

Sending you all love and healing thoughts ,

MiYu  :smitten:

Ps I guess my one question is about  feeling so much worse at the moment after dosing ? Symptoms as I described above

What helped?

Thanks

ATU 🙏🏻

Aside from a very intermittent tiny dose of Remeron when I really need it,

I drink decaffinated green tea when I wake in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. It has L-Theanine in it naturally and it relaxes you so you can get back to sleep. It usuallt works for me, that and reading a book fir about 45 minutes.

Heath :smitten::therethere::mybuddy:

What helped?

Thanks

ATU 🙏🏻

Remeron 3.75 mg (1/4 of the 15mg pill) knocks me out for a good 9-10 hours.

Heath

Just saying a quick hello again , there was a lot to catch up on .

I don't have much to report ... About the same . Been really worried about the Valium making me sick . Trying to deal with those thoughts and accept.

Had so much Nausea and cortisol adrenaline surges in the mornings. . Very fragile and can't get out much except I am taking a little walk in the evenings again.

Went to the store today , that was really hard . Saw people I knew who wanted to talk and couldn't .

I know Valley you said for a while during your hold you felt worse when you took your doses of V . I'm finding that more now . I feel awful and so sedated after I take it, more so than I ever have , and yet I still can feel that my nervous system is really fragile so it's not time to cut .

someone asked me a few pages back if I did milk or dry cutting ? I've tried both . For now I'm doing all dry with the scale as I'm not cutting . It was too much of a pain to measure the liquid every couple of days .

I have my 4 X 2 mg pills and I just shave off the little bit that is the 1/16th mg , that weighs .005 gms.

As always I feel reassured when I come to this wonderful group. Even tho as HS said , I feel like I'm the only one who isnt making any progress! 

I'm afraid you'll all slide off and leave me behind !

Thank  you MiYu it was I who asked about liquid or dry cutting :thumbsup:

I also am interested in why you, and Valley and I feel worse after taking the valium.

I'm not sure it isn't just a psychological thing with me, not saying it is for you though :)

I think that I just know it's so bad for me I have this reaction to taking it - hard to explain but it isn't that it sedates me, i just feel a 'low' depressed feeling and the kind of feeling you get when something really bad happens, a sinking feeling which lasts for quite a while.

Like you and Healing I also feel as if I'm lagging behind this group.

Makes me feel wildly like going CT - I don't know what to do  :) but apart from that I feel very well most of the time so I should count my blessings.

Love, hope you heal soon  :smitten: :smitten:

[fe...]