Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Total eclipse was pretty awesome! :)--V

Yup :laugh: aren't they!

Only seen one in my life.

Quite a few years ago in the UK.

Eerie but awesome.

Provided by Nature for free! :thumbsup:

Plus I'm guessing it didn't turn your power off ! :laugh:

Mine is still going... The Earth is blocking the sun...!!

:)

Total eclipse was pretty awesome! :)--V

Yup :laugh: aren't they!

Only seen one in my life.

Quite a few years ago in the UK.

Eerie but awesome.

Provided by Nature for free! :thumbsup:

Plus I'm guessing it didn't turn your power off ! :laugh:

Mine is still going... The Earth is blocking the sun...!!

:)

LOL

You're as mad as a ferret in a sack

The earth always seems to be blocking the sun where I live but hey, as long as I've got power and broadband  :)

I'm going to ask a really stupid question but you will be used to that  ::)

The amount of clonezepam that Steve has jumped off at - what would be the approximate equivalent of diazepam?

I'm longing to jump but I think I've got such a long way to go :(

I thought the eclipse was kind of a bust.  It looked a little gray/stormy and that was it. :-\

Of course, not having the proper glasses precluded a direct look at what was going on.  Certainly nothing of what I saw on TV at Clemson. :(

The amount of clonezepam that Steve has jumped off at - what would be the approximate equivalent of diazepam?

20 times stronger than V?  so...1.8mgs???

That would be correct.

That would be correct.

I couldn't have jumped from .09mg xanax...well, I could have but it wouldn't have been pretty.

It took me six months to go from .09 to zero.

Oh thank you so much Serenitee and Lynn

I actually had it right - my math is better than I thought ! :)

No Lynn I couldn't jump from that dose either I don't think.

Not gonna try anyway.

I'll stay turtle -sloth  :thumbsup:

Thank you both  :smitten:

Hi guys... Thanks for the wishes..!

Anti nausia (which isnt a big thing for me), -I try to keep stomach acid low, and avoiding mainly sugars and spice late evening or night (am dairy free anyway??)...

But more in the morning its sudden clenching of stomach muscles for me, so anything that blocks or restricts gastric emptying and transit through the night is out... -thick gluggy stuff like bread or pizza... Add high fibre, vegies etc, and hydrate well...

Possibly the raw carrots helped me through these times..??

Eyes wide open with any medications, relaxants/stimulents, PPIs, etc..

Possibly pepermint will help, as can a soothing fizzy drink... aware the sugar..

Obviously, less WD will help...

Sorry, thats all I can think of...

Miyu, sorry, -Those are hard thoughts to be contemplating...

Normally I would say not (failing to eliminate meds), as your body would have worked out its own ballance of dosing right from the start...

But the C/O to V, and other complications (hormone etc), make anything a little up in the air, as far as ruling them out completely goes...

But I would be very reluctant to get bogged down in it too much, after all you DO get WD, so doses must be processing in some manner...

And I cant see the end solution changing anyway... -That is, a slow SX guided taper... -Easy to say, but very hard on you, without any real indication of stability or progress...

And very hard to change the state of play, when so unwell... (eg updose or a firm cut, etc...)

If in doubt, do nothing, might be prudent still...

I just wish you strength, and that good days are very close...

Your body Will find its way through...

My Best..

Thanks Cant for your kind words ,you're a gem ,  and reassurance that my body is indeed processing the V in some way as I do get WDs . I do wonder if I held to a place where I feel at least a bit stronger , I could maybe start excercising and that would help move things along a bit relative to detoxing.

I'm having lots of health anxiety at the moment and even sobbed all the way through the eclipse I was so freaked out !

ATU , I've been having horrible nausea as well the last three days ....adding to my health anxiety that my liver is failing !

Yes , I think if in doubt do nothing is right ... Nova made a great post somewhere about that. I wonder how she's doing ?

Anyway , I have some pages to catch up on......

Cant.... I wish you the best also, thank you as always .

I will post more when I've read everyone else's .....

Love , MiYu

hi everyone,

I find fresh ginger tea works for my nausea.... and is delicious!

Had to updose a bit last night ... the hold was getting weird and the eclipse is heading my way.

I'll hold from here and see how it goes....

I hope you feel better soon Miyu, thinking of you, thinking of all  :smitten:

SS

Thanks SS ... The eclipse was weird and scary .....for me anyway ! I hadn't intended it to be , but it was , kinda glad it's over .....

How much did you try with your updose?

Love, MiYu

I guess I'm going to get some ginger tea for nausea.....

Does anyone have any tea suggestions for liver support ? I have supplements but don't like to take too many . Oh , I also have dandelion root tea .

stevvo...... I can understand why you wanted to jump , be done with it....you are off now and it may be rough , but who knows , maybe it won't last long .... You'll live anyway , and you will heal. I certainly have those thoughts often though for me , I wouldn't dare and  I'm on a much higher dose still.

I'm glad you have someone to be there for you.... You'll be ok .... Post for reassurance whenever you can and I know some kind soul will be here to support you . I've never known anyone pass judgement in this group, ever .

All the best ,

MiYu

Hi everyone else, you all seem to be doing well  :)

To all who replied to me about the nausea.

Thank you so much.

I have the Ginger tea so I am drinking it.

I am feeling better already.  :thumbsup:

ATU

ATU

I don't know how you get your ginger tea. In the market?

Begood taught me how to make it myself by slicing up the ginger root and boiling it in water. Comes out stronger the longer you boil it. And it's real good and works like a charm.

I sure hope your nausea  leaves you alone real soon. Nausea is the pits!

Feel better!  Heathcliff

I jumped today...tomorrow is my birthday and I just cant live like this anymore...Im at the point were getting in my truck to drive to the supermarket is impossible.  I havnt slept in 3 days...I take melatonin unisom and it has zero effect... at this point I need to find out what my future will be...am I going to be a basket case locked up in a spare bedroom in my house and let doctors run science projects on me by prescribing me all sorts of anti-depressants and other benzo's...Or do I fight for my life...my wife took off work to be with me this week....I have been in constant withdrawals for over 2 weeks now and I have nothing to lose by jumping.... I cant eat anymore and can barely shower... PLease Please be kind to me if you reply to this post...this 56 yr old dad is very fragile at this point...

Hi Steve,

Good luck on your jump. :thumbsup: Thinking good thoughts for you and remembering those who jumped with little problems or none at all. Hope you are among that group.Sure you will have some rough times, we all do and we all will. But just hang in there. Look how far you have come. Keep the faith, keep the warrior attitude, take good care of yourself and remember you are always one day closer to beating this Benzo devil. :oXo:

And PLEEZE STAY WITH US. WE WANT TO HELP, ENCOURAGE, AND SUPPORT YOU IN ALL WAYS THAT WE CAN.

ONWARD SOLDIER!

Heath :mybuddy:

hi slowly,

If Lynn's correct, and klonozapam is 20 times stronger than Valium, and I trust that she is wise, and correct,

Then crossing over 5mg clonazapam to 5 mg Valium was a major major major cut.  No wonder you are having a horrible wdsx time!

IMO,  I would not advise jumping now AT ALL. IT MAY TAKE SOME TIME TO GET STABLE NOW.. THEN YOU CAN START YOUR TAPER AGAIN. BUT :nono: dont jump! You are not nearly at the place where you would jump with any ease. That's my opinion of course. We are all different. But if you are having bad side effects with your dose now, I can only imagine that a jump would put you In a worse place.

Patience is the key.  Courage, determination and the fighting spirit. You can do This! You can go slowly ,cut small, and get there by listening to your body. Cut when you feel good. Hold when you are having wdsx. Give your brain the time it needs to adjust and heal. That is the way to avoid really bad wdsx and taper without suffering too much.

But if you don't mind me butting in too much....please take a good

look at your taper. If you are suffering from that crossover for a long time, perhaps an updose would help, then a nice hold to get stable, and only then, start a small cut and slow taper.

Good luck slowly. You can do This! Just don't " jump the gun" .

Heath  ((((HUGS))))

Post script*****

Oh golly , it's about 5 hours since I originally posted the above post. I realize now that I had my information wrong.I thought Slowly that you went from clonozapm to Valium. But I see now that you went from nirtazapam to Valium. I do not know how nirtazapam relates to Valium as far as the strength ratio of the two. So Please just forgive the above post if I am wrong. SORRY! I was just trying to help. I hope I didn't confuse you.

I guess I'm going to get some ginger tea for nausea.....

Does anyone have any tea suggestions for liver support ? I have supplements but don't like to take too many . Oh , I also have dandelion root tea .

stevvo...... I can understand why you wanted to jump , be done with it....you are off now and it may be rough , but who knows , maybe it won't last long .... You'll live anyway , and you will heal. I certainly have those thoughts often though for me , I wouldn't dare and  I'm on a much higher dose still.

I'm glad you have someone to be there for you.... You'll be ok .... Post for reassurance whenever you can and I know some kind soul will be here to support you . I've never known anyone pass judgement in this group, ever .

All the best ,

MiYu

Hi everyone else, you all seem to be doing well  :)

Miyu,

It is my understanding that milk thistle tea is good to cleanse the liver.

I actually tried a cup of this in my last taper attempt. But it revved up mu sxs terribly. I guess maybe it cleared out a bunch of stored V from m my system.

I never tried it again.

Hope your feeling better soon.

:smitten:

ATU 🙏🏻

Heath,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I started feeling much better after my morning Roiboos tea. Then later I took some Ginger tea.

I feel totally back to norm now.

Wow your making great progress on your taper.  :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏🏻

Heath,

I started feeling much better after my morning Roiboos tea. Then later I took some Ginger tea.

ATU

Hi ATU, SORRY IT TAKES ME SO LONG TO GET BACK TO PEOPLE. SEEMS LIKE MY BED TIME IS WHEN OTHERS ARE JUST WAKING UP. ;) oops sorry about the caps.

Glad the teas are working for you. I also find that drinking green tea in the middle of the night when I wake up,, helps me get back to sleep. I was told that green tea has L-theanine in it and that is the ingredient that helps

Yes it seems like I have FINALLY, found a taper that works for me . -.005 every two days. Also hold many inbetween times fir three days or five days etc, depending in whether I get side effects or not.. it's a DMT so when I feel I am getting a bit of a wdsx, I only have to hold fir about four days and I'm ready to go again.It winds up to be about -.1 every two months, maybe a tad faster than that. But it is actually a ridiculouske slow@ taper.... -5% every month. It will take me at least another 1 1/2 years to get off this stuff. But atleast I have no real side effects except a lttle blip here and there that resolves pretty fast. The only thing I am still troubled with intermittently is insomnia. But hey, you can't have your cake and eat it too!

Of course about once  in a while I will wake up with CRAXY ANXIETY. Don't know where it comes from! I have to distract myself really quick or else I turn into a basket case of worry! I hate that.

Again sorry about the nausea but glad you said you are feeling normal again!  :mybuddy: Take care!

Feel good! Hope you have more feel good shopping days!

Heath :smitten:

MiYu,  :mybuddy:

I am so sorry but I don't know about anything to help a liver.  I'm pretty sure someone will chime in with some helpful ideas.

I too thought the eclipse was a big let down. I think those who were in the place to see the entire total eclipse must have been awe struck,  but here in L.A. We only got about 62% of the sun covered. Big let down. But I kind of new it because I had seen partial eclipses when I was a kid on the east coast and it wasnt much to shout about, but I was hoping for more this time. Oh well, at least it was really awesome on the solar eclipse  app and then again on tv on the repeat live stream video on Fox tv. I Only wish I coukd have gone to a place where the total eclipse was viewable. That  :mybuddy:  must have been a blast.

Feel better MiYu!  it's your turn to get Windows with lastung relief!

Heath,

ATU

Hi ATU, SORRY IT TAKES ME SO LONG TO GET BACK TO PEOPLE. SEEMS LIKE MY BED TIME IS WHEN OTHERS ARE JUST WAKING UP. ;) oops sorry about the caps.

Glad the teas are working for you. I also find that drinking green tea in the middle of the night when I wake up,, helps me get back to sleep. I was told that green tea has L-theanine in it and that is the ingredient that helps

Yes it seems like I have FINALLY, found a taper that works for me . -.005 every two days. Also hold many inbetween times fir three days or five days etc, depending in whether I get side effects or not.. it's a DMT so when I feel I am getting a bit of a wdsx, I only have to hold fir about four days and I'm ready to go again.It winds up to be about -.1 every two months, maybe a tad faster than that. But it is actually a ridiculouske slow@ taper.... -5% every month. It will take me at least another 1 1/2 years to get off this stuff. But atleast I have no real side effects except a lttle blip here and there that resolves pretty fast. The only thing I am still troubled with intermittently is insomnia. But hey, you can't have your cake and eat it too!

Of course about once  in a while I will wake up with CRAXY ANXIETY. Don't know where it comes from! I have to distract myself really quick or else I turn into a basket case of worry! I hate that.

Again sorry about the nausea but glad you said you are feeling normal again!  :mybuddy: Take care!

Feel good! Hope you have more feel good shopping days!

Heath,

No worries about the time it takes to respond at times. This thread just moves along so fast that by the time I read something where I think I may have something of value to add, it's like three pages back by then.

As far as the time it takes us to get off this stuff, well, my philosophy is it will happen when it happens.

In the mean time I can still basically live my life and be sociable.

Stay well my friend.  :hug:

ATU 🙏🏻

Hi everyone

I am debating holding another week on my taper and am looking through the post to understand the benefit of a longer hold. I have been going down roughly 10% per week on a dry cut klonopin. The reason to hold is being super tired all the time and tired of the sxs which are relatively minor but still affecting me. The reason to keep plugging away is because I've been on this a short amount of time and just want to be done with the whole thing already. Would love any thoughts. Thanks!

Hi WW,

I'm having trouble figuring out your dose.  This is not mg is it?

I think holding another week is probably a good idea.  Cutting every week can catch up with you and your symptoms can get markedly worse.  I think 2 wks between cuts should be  minimum.  It looks like it took a month for your symptoms to manifest before.  Your taper looks pretty aggressive to me.

I'd hold out of caution but I'm cautious(!) and got really burned going too fast.  I tried to keep wd low the last half of my taper and it's worked out well in terms of post-taper.  I had no acute and am doing really well.

It doesn't look like your time on benzos was short.

I'm sure others will chime in and give some input.  Hope everything goes well whatever you decide.

Hi Lynn,

Yes my dose wasn't clear. That's the weight of the mg I'm on and I'll need to change my signature to make more sense. I'm around .150 klonopin. Based on what you said and how I've been feeling today I've decided to hold here for awhile longer. I appreciate you pointing out that I haven't been on benzos a "short time" like I stated. I think the Ativan as needed as a whole lot of denial for the 2 years I was taking it and I am just thinking I've been on benzos for three months. Denial is a weird one. It wasn't until three months ago that I took a benzo daily and it wasn't until my awful withdrawal from Ativan that I realized I was hooked.

I'll stay here at least a week. Thanks!

hi slowly,

If Lynn's correct, and klonozapam is 20 times stronger than Valium, and I trust that she is wise, and correct,

Then crossing over 5mg clonazapam to 5 mg Valium was a major major major cut.  No wonder you are having a horrible wdsx time!

IMO,  I would not advise jumping now AT ALL. IT MAY TAKE SOME TIME TO GET STABLE NOW.. THEN YOU CAN START YOUR TAPER AGAIN. BUT :nono: dont jump! You are not nearly at the place where you would jump with any ease. That's my opinion of course. We are all different. But if you are having bad side effects with your dose now, I can only imagine that a jump would put you In a worse place.

Patience is the key.  Courage, determination and the fighting spirit. You can do This! You can go slowly ,cut small, and get there by listening to your body. Cut when you feel good. Hold when you are having wdsx. Give your brain the time it needs to adjust and heal. That is the way to avoid really bad wdsx and taper without suffering too much.

But if you don't mind me butting in too much....please take a good

look at your taper. If you are suffering from that crossover for a long time, perhaps an updose would help, then a nice hold to get stable, and only then, start a small cut and slow taper.

Good luck slowly. You can do This! Just don't " jump the gun" .

Heath  ((((HUGS))))

Post script*****

Oh golly , it's about 5 hours since I originally posted the above post. I realize now that I had my information wrong.I thought Slowly that you went from clonozapm to Valium. But I see now that you went from nirtazapam to Valium. I do not know how nirtazapam relates to Valium as far as the strength ratio of the two. So Please just forgive the above post if I am wrong. SORRY! I was just trying to help. I hope I didn't confuse you.

LOL it confused me for a second but I realised what you had done.

Yes I crossed over [well a partial crossover because I was already on 10mg valium]  I crossed the 5mg nitrazepam to 5mg valium before beginning my taper.

It was  July of last year and prompted my long hold of 6-7 months.

The Ashton equivalent of Nitrazepam to diazepam says its equivalent - 5mg Nitraz = 5 mg diazepam.

Caused me bad symptoms though.. until I did stabilise at 15mgs then I felt fine.

I've never taken any other benzo I just wanted to knowhow much steve had jumped from to compare it with what I'm taking.

I've never had bad symptoms since that c/o - I just get a few after each cut, mainly vertigo, which is why I've been holding for the last 2 months plus. :thumbsup:

Thanks Heath. :smitten:

Really sorry Slowly. I'm glad you and I both caught my mistake and that I didn't  mess you up.

Hope you are feeling better.

Really sorry Slowly. I'm glad you and I both caught my mistake and that I didn't  mess you up.

Hope you are feeling better.

You really didn't mess me up hon  :)

I realised right away what the mistake was.

No apology necessary  :smitten:

I am feeling so good that it's almost unnerving. :laugh:

My two and a half month hold has done me good.

I'm scheduled to start reducing again after I get back from London on the 11th but if anything happens and I get sx again I'm not worried about holding a bit longer.

At the moment though everything is great thanks  :thumbsup:

[c4...]