Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi...wondering if anyone is still on this group who can give me some advice?? My cycle is late this month for the first time ever, I'm just over 2 months into WD and I noticed when it started that the bleeding is really dark. Never had this problem before and it's really concerning me. I have had cervical dysplaysia before about 14 years ago so I really need to go for a checkup since I haven't had one in a long time but I just can't bring myself to do that right now. I am still experiencing a lot of symptoms so it would be very difficult. I have seen ppl post about their cycles being disrupted but not anything about the dark bleeding. I am on blood thinners too so if anything that should only make it heavier than normal. Please any advice would be helpful!!! Is it possible this is normal or has anyone else had this happen to them? Just don't want to neglect it for long if it is something potentially serious. TY

<3 to all!

Free, Miyu, HS, Lynn, Valley, Bertie, Slowly, Gard!

And if I missed anyone know that you are in this list.

We'll all get there -- the slowest poke is the winner in this race I figure!

SS

I don't see many examples of the rushing/pushing thru bad sxs ending well.  Now that I am "post-withdrawal" I find it pretty disheartening to visit the Post Withdrawal Support board.  It's one thing to go fast if you are having a fairly easy taper but for those having trouble I just don't see any good coming of it.

Bump!!!

I used to be s type A person with 50 balls juggling....I guess I've turned into a pokey person.  Or a sloth.... bedtime.  Night all

Thanks for letting me join your nice group.  ❤️

HS

I don't see many examples of the rushing/pushing thru bad sxs ending well.  Now that I am "post-withdrawal" I find it pretty disheartening to visit the Post Withdrawal Support board.  It's one thing to go fast if you are having a fairly easy taper but for those having trouble I just don't see any good coming of it.

Bump!!!

My turn to ask a dum question , or rather something I don't know ....what does "bump" mean? !  ::)

Bump!!!

My turn to ask a dum question , or rather something I don't know ....what does "bump" mean? !  ::)

It means to bump a post or thread that may be buried or inactive back up to the top of the new posts/threads list.

Hello,

I'm sorry you're feeling anxious, I understand why you are. While being late isn't typically concerning, I think it's important to see a doctor for any major changes you're experiencing. I know how hard it is to go to the doctor when feeling so ill, but going will likely set your mind at ease. With a previous history of gynaecological issues, I think it's even more prudent to get a check-up.

Please let us know how you're doing  :smitten:

Bump!!!

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111141557/3827492-5475490438-0b8fe.jpg

Thank you so much for the reply! I have been to the Dr several times recently for other health concerns I am having...there are many right now as I'm sure most of us have! Having risk factors of other possibly serious problems makes me worry even more :( I guess I will make an appt and I will keep you posted for sure. Thanks again!!!! :smitten:

Thank you all for your encouragement...it means a lot...no one in my orbit understands what the heck I'm going through.

I'm going to ask it here.....what do you do or take to help with sleep.  I'm having a terrible time .  I wake up at 2 am and sometimes am up the rest of the night...not helping with coping

Thanks for listening

HS

Hi healing Seeker,

I don't know ifyou would take a prescription for sleep but I take Remeron. It's the brand name for

Mirtazapine.

It's an antidepressant in large doses but in small doses it is used off label for sleep. I take

3.75 mg which is 1/4 of the smallest pill. It puts me out for about 10 hours. It does have a bit of a hangover but no other side effects.

It can be addictive so I am very careful with it. My sleep is not that bad so I only take it about once in two or three weeks. But you would need a prescription for it.

But if it helps at all, I just want you to know that my really bad insomnia has gotten so much better and I sleep much better the lower I go on n my Valium dose.

So that is something to look forward too.

Also I find drinking green tea when I wake in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep, , really does get me to feel sleepy again  in about 45 minutes.

Hopem maybe that will help.

Hope you have good sleepy nights very soon!

Heath :mybuddy::smitten:

Thanks Gard :) can anyone do that or just mods and important people like yourself  ;)

Anybody. Even Yoda can do it! :laugh:  Newest posts go to the top of the unread posts list no matter who made the post. (This is just from my observations, not scientifically proven.)

Stickies are something else. They are pinned at the top permanently. I think only admins can do that. I am only a lowly junior moderator so cannot do stickies or you would see the "propaganda" stickied!. ;)

Gard :smitten:

Yes, Want to thank all who help us on here.  I too am so sick and unstable.  I can't contribute much but I read all the time and am hoping I can get to a better place.  This is all so awful and you people make it better.  Bless you all.  :smitten:

Good to see you here Freeme,

but so sorry you are suffering so much.

Hopes and prayers and good thoughts being sent your way, for relief for you right around the corner.

Hang in there! You will get to a good place any day now.

Take care! And keep us posted.

Heath  :therethere::mybuddy:

Thank you all for your encouragement...it means a lot...no one in my orbit understands what the heck I'm going through.

I'm going to ask it here.....what do you do or take to help with sleep.  I'm having a terrible time .  I wake up at 2 am and sometimes am up the rest of the night...not helping with coping

Thanks for listening

HS

I use unisom the one with the doxylamine succinate. It does have a drag for a bit the next morning but works pretty well for sleep.  Hope you can get the sleep under control.  I know how hard it is to be sleep deprived.  :)--V

Hi Valley  I was toying with that one but wasn't sure if it was ok to take along with diazepam.

My sleep has always been bad but it seems to be improving as I get lower with the diazepam.

Still have some really bad nights though so would quite like something like this to take occasionally.

How long does the drag/groggy feeling persist for you in the mornings?

I could try it out over a weekend.

Thank you Valley :thumbsup:

I needed that.

I'm totally converted and will not cut further until I feel very stable.

Have stopped my "must get off this with all speed"

I made too many biggish cuts in the last year but didn't realise it because I just swallowed the other propaganda - keep on cutting, you won't star to heal until you are free of the drug.

I'm feeling much better after this 2 and a half month hold but I'm being cautious now.

It just isn't worth it.

Thanks again.

I'm hoping this long hold slow method works for me too.

My Sis in law, who is a Pranic Healer [which doesn't require any medical knowledge]  and very anti any drugs said to me that I won't even start withdrawing until I get rid totally and just throw the valium away.

It is so confusing because people are withdrawing badly whilst just cutting even slowly aren't they.

I'm getting worried again. :-\

Are your symptoms very mild now?

You had bad symptoms while withdrawing didn't you?

love  :smitten:

Thanks, V! :thumbsup:

Are you doing ok with your recent cut, Gard?

You were a bit nervous about it weren't you, I seem to remember.

Can't remember if you are one of those being rushed a bit by the doctor but i think you are. :smitten:

<3 to all!

Free, Miyu, HS, Lynn, Valley, Bertie, Slowly, Gard!

And if I missed anyone know that you are in this list.

We'll all get there -- the slowest poke is the winner in this race I figure!

SS

Hello Suffering  :smitten:

Love and healing to you and everyone. :smitten:

Hope you are right and we will all get there, however slowly.

Yes, Want to thank all who help us on here.  I too am so sick and unstable.  I can't contribute much but I read all the time and am hoping I can get to a better place.  This is all so awful and you people make it better.  Bless you all.  :smitten:

Hopes and prayers and good thoughts being sent your way, for relief for you right around the corner.

Im hiding under the bed with Free too... My head scares me... -and thats without a mirror...

Hang in there Free -one day soon...

Im hiding under the bed with Free too... My head scares me... -and thats without a mirror...

Oh dear, Cant.

Sorry you are having trouble. :hug:

Get better soon  :smitten:

I needed that.

I made too many biggish cuts in the last year but didn't realise it because I just swallowed the other propaganda - keep on cutting, you won't star to heal until you are free of the drug.

I'm feeling much better after this 2 and a half month hold but I'm being cautious now.

It just isn't worth it.

Thanks again.

My Sis in law, who is a Pranic Healer [which doesn't require any medical knowledge]  and very anti any drugs said to me that I won't even start withdrawing until I get rid totally and just throw the valium away.

It is so confusing because people are withdrawing badly whilst just cutting even slowly aren't they.

Slowly, well I can say first hand that I was totally off two times and had no holds and went too fast, and cut too low...I had serious impeding Stroke sx x 2 and was told I was on the brink of Massive Stroke, so for me I realized that in my haste and the ENT Doctors's haste I did it all wrong, so I choose to Live my way, I dose corrected twice, once to 10mg and the second occurrence to 5mg. I did not have any idea what I was going to do, but I knew that I could not do it the way I was going. So that is when I decided to hold as long as I wanted and to go slow, and it has worked well for me. Now understand I have had blips, when I say that the blips are not real bad, but can railroad me for a bit, but I bounce back. Since coming to BB I have had my own way of thinking and do not listen to any posts about how I have to be off and that you do not heal until you are off...bull..as far as I am concerned healing happens on the way down. Now of course there are some struggling, but perhaps there has been other factors with other medications, I do not have the answer why it is hard for some. But I do know what is working for me. Making a plan for me, throwing away the calendar, trusting the Process of Healing, Accepting that it is not always going to be easy, and Not Fearing the unknown and letting Fear go. Will I have a good ending I am hoping so, but whatever comes I will accept it and deal with it. This will be my last taper. I wish for those suffering it would get better, but sometimes the very thing you are fighting is the thing that will get you out of your misery, and I believe with all my Heart that Our Brain needs Time to heal, and no amt of rushing will make it so. Stay Strong in your convictions, you will be fine.

I needed that.

It just isn't worth it.

Thanks again.

Slowly, well I can say first hand that I was totally off two times and had no holds and went too fast, and cut too low...I had serious impeding Stroke sx x 2 and was told I was on the brink of Massive Stroke, so for me I realized that in my haste and the ENT Doctors's haste I did it all wrong, so I choose to Live my way, I dose corrected twice, once to 10mg and the second occurrence to 5mg. I did not have any idea what I was going to do, but I knew that I could not do it the way I was going. So that is when I decided to hold as long as I wanted and to go slow, and it has worked well for me. Now understand I have had blips, when I say that the blips are not real bad, but can railroad me for a bit, but I bounce back. Since coming to BB I have had my own way of thinking and do not listen to any posts about how I have to be off and that you do not heal until you are off...bull..as far as I am concerned healing happens on the way down. Now of course there are some struggling, but perhaps there has been other factors with other medications, I do not have the answer why it is hard for some. But I do know what is working for me. Making a plan for me, throwing away the calendar, trusting the Process of Healing, Accepting that it is not always going to be easy, and Not Fearing the unknown and letting Fear go. Will I have a good ending I am hoping so, but whatever comes I will accept it and deal with it. This will be my last taper. I wish for those suffering it would get better, but sometimes the very thing you are fighting is the thing that will get you out of your misery, and I believe with all my Heart that Our Brain needs Time to heal, and no amt of rushing will make it so. Stay Strong in your convictions, you will be fine.

Thank you so much begood  :smitten:

I really am more inclined to listen to this group...I just get worried sometimes by conflicting opinions.

To be fair, my Sis has zero experience of anything outside crystals and meditation so while I never argue with her cos i love her, I don't take much notice of her on medical issues. :)

Your stroke experience is frightening and it was fear of anything like that which made me seek out BB.

You had Bil Meniere's too didn't you so am more inclined to listen to you  :smitten:

Thank you.

I won't do anything rash, I'm too busy sorting out my few, slight symptoms and waiting to stabilise. :thumbsup::smitten:

I needed that.

It just isn't worth it.

Thanks again.

Thank you so much begood  :smitten:

I really am more inclined to listen to this group...I just get worried sometimes by conflicting opinions.

To be fair, my Sis has zero experience of anything outside crystals and meditation so while I never argue with her cos i love her, I don't take much notice of her on medical issues. :)

Your stroke experience is frightening and it was fear of anything like that which made me seek out BB.

You had Bil Menier's too didn't you so am more inclined to listen to you  :smitten:

Thank you.

I won't do anything rash, I'm too busy sorting out my few, slight symptoms and waiting to stabilise. :thumbsup::smitten:

You will be fine, we all sometimes doubt...but it is OK, it makes us pause and realize that we can and will conquer one step at a time. Stay Strong. :smitten:

Stay Strong Cant, things will get better soon. Free thinking of you always.

[6f...]