Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hello everyone.

I am Tommy:

I have spent most of my time on the Withdrawal support main page. But I've been taking mini-holds of 3 to 7 days as my symptoms worsen.

But someone told me you guys are truly wonderful and you

If I knew where to get a ticker it would say I am at about 55%. I have found that as I get down to near .25 mg of K, (is that some kind of threshold) I am having a harder time managing the basics of life. You know, eat good food, laundry shower every now and then. :laugh:

But I have been touched by Cantfly, Gardner, Valley Um and Begood. I relate to many of your struggles and I don't see many people in the day. (or night for that matter, yuk, yuk)

I had to leave my career almost two years ago and have been filling the gaps with Pickleball, Museums and Yardwork. That is when I can do them.

I used to be much more active, positive and outgoing. Don't know sometimes if this is me being a victim or whether it is the Klonopin.

Just saw a play last night. Stephen Sondheim's "A day in the Park with George" which is a musical about George Serraut, the impressionist painter. Was quite good, although Sondheim's music can be hard to love because it is not hummable. However, Great script and cast.

Looking forward to learning more about you,

Tommy

My Blog: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=186229.msg2448740#msg2448740

Hello everyone.

I am Tommy:

I have spent most of my time on the Withdrawal support main page. But I've been taking mini-holds of 3 to 7 days as my symptoms worsen.

If I knew where to get a ticker it would say I am at about 55%. I have found that as I get down to near .25 mg of K, (is that some kind of threshold) I am having a harder time managing the basics of life. You know, eat good food, laundry shower every now and then. :laugh:

But I have been touched by Cantfly, Gardner, Valley Um and Begood. I relate to many of your struggles and I don't see many people in the day. (or night for that matter, yuk, yuk)

I had to leave my career almost two years ago and have been filling the gaps with Pickleball, Museums and Yardwork. That is when I can do them.

I used to be much more active, positive and outgoing. Don't know sometimes if this is me being a victim or whether it is the Klonopin.

Just saw a play last night. Stephen Sondheim's "A day in the Park with George" which is a musical about George Serraut, the impressionist painter. Was quite good, although Sondheim's music can be hard to love because it is not hummable. However, Great script and cast.

Tommy

My Blog: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=186229.msg2448740#msg2448740

Hi Tommy glad to see you here again. Gosh the thing I know about wd and what a lot of us go through, is that we are not quite the same, but I blame it on the Valium I take, I remember a time when I lived Life each moment and did not look back. I am blessed that this taper has not been anything like my first two. I failed because I went too fast and cut too much. But after some time holding, I had come to think that I would just stay on forever, but the fear of maybe the FDA would cut Valium brought me to my senses. So I have went super slow and it is working well, I have some blips a word that I coined, meaning not bad at all, things that I can handle, because nothing is like the hell I went through. My life is functional, and if I have a blippy patch I just ride it out and do not overthink it, it just is. I am a strong advocate of Holds and healing as we go down.

I am not real good with numbers so I cannot tell if you have been cutting a lot or not, but My Friend Freeme advised me to slow down when I was having some problems, she said that the lower you go the higher the cut. So sometimes we need to just look at what we are doing and go from there. Others will chime in, this is a remarkable group.

By the way I read some of your posts and this is the second time I read about Pickleball, I do not know what that is... :idiot:. Also I think it is great that even if you are not feeling the best you try and go out and do something. Lynn did that, and that helped her a lot and now she is off and still enjoying her adventures. Sometimes we have to push ourselves but it may be the very thing you need to get out and forget for a while about all of this tapering. Stay Strong.  :smitten:

I think we all need to stay out of the park.

The squirrels are already gathering nuts!  :smitten::o:laugh:

ATU 🙏🏻

But they give massages and exercise... :D :D :D

Begood,

Am I reading your ticker right .75 mg. wow well done!  :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏🏻

Yes that is right but I am a Trurtle and go slow, but works for me. :)

Begood,

Am I reading your ticker right .75 mg. wow well done!  :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏🏻

Yes that is right but I am a Trurtle and go slow, but works for me. :)

Begood,

So am I ,..so am I.

In fact I saw my Doctor yesterday and I am always in fear they will give me heck for my speed of withdrawal. She said what I'm doing is unconventional but I'm getting down there and if it works,..great.

That made me feel so much less stress.

Have a great weekend!

ATU 🙏🏻

By the way , does anyone know how to get around , when you reply to a post, being taken back to the Home page? It's a real nuisance .... If I want to respond to a post that's a few pages before the last page , I have to go back and find that page again and where I left off every time .... >:(

I want to be able to reply without being taken to home page after posting ... Est ce possible?

MiYu, I'm not sure what is happening when you post.  After you post you should see the main support group page with the LHSG at the top.  On the far right, you should see the last post column with your BB name as the last post.  If you just click the little paper with the arrow, it will take you to the last post in the group.  :)--V

Hello everyone.

I am Tommy:

Tommy

Hi Tommy.  Glad you're with us.  I would suggest holding a little longer between cuts until you are functional and can do the activities of living. It is a constant game of adjusting taper rate to remain functional, but once you figure out a symptom pattern, it's easier to catch before it gets out of control.  :) --V

Tommy,

Valley Um said it best. It's all about a cut size and length of hold needed to maintain some sembalance of lifestyle then keep doing it until we get off. Adjust as needed.

We all have days and even weeks when we don't function as well as we would like to and avoid busy stuff.

I think you said you are coming off of K, I am coming off of V both have there tough side.

Glad to see you here and welcome!  :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏🏻

Hi all.  I appreciate the well wishes from everyone.  The past couple of days were challenging but I made it through.  It appears the sxs have pretty much resolved as of yesterday and I can only assume that they were brought on by stress.  I had insomnia the first night in my motel which didn't help.  The drive home was long and tiring and I can feel the normal fatigue that accompanies it every time I have done it. 

Can do it's great to see you here and hope sxs resolve for you.

MiYu, I hope you are experiencing a turnaround and will be able to get where you want to be.

Hang in there Heath!

BG, Can't, Slowly, Healing, Lynn, gard and everyone else, I hope all is going well and everyone has a great day! :) --V

Hi Valley,

I am so glad you are feeling better.  Hopefully, you can relax for a while. 

Have a great weekend.

Anne  :smitten:

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the group.  There are many wonderful people here.  Like Begood, I am also a turtle.  I had to decrease my taper rate a few months ago, and it made a big difference.  Symptoms ramped up again the other day, so I am now holding.  I try to taper no more than 5% of my dose per month. 

I hope you are having a good evening.

Anne  :smitten:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for some Great squirrels... For years I didnt think they were real... Just in kids books...

Lets hope they share their vibrance...

Hi Tommy...

My best to everyone, and strength to those not doing so well today...

:)

HI Tommy , welcome to a great group of buddies here .....have you seen Valleyums collection of long hold advocacy quotes?

Maybe someone remember the last page it was listed and direct tommy to it?

MiYu

By the way , does anyone know how to get around , when you reply to a post, being taken back to the Home page? It's a real nuisance .... If I want to respond to a post that's a few pages before the last page , I have to go back and find that page again and where I left off every time .... >:(

I want to be able to reply without being taken to home page after posting ... Est ce possible?

MiYu, I'm not sure what is happening when you post.  After you post you should see the main support group page with the LHSG at the top.  On the far right, you should see the last post column with your BB name as the last post.  If you just click the little paper with the arrow, it will take you to the last post in the group.  :)--V

Thanks valley , I'll take a look and see what I'm doing  wrong  :)

Hate these days of low grade anxiety that just seem to get worse and worse.. I was relaxing in the bean bag and a friend rung the door bell.. tried to get up in a hurry and felt dizzy you know how it goes ! Then she said you look sooooooo red in the face , you look terrible ! Just the right thing to say to some one with anxiety ...! NOT...

Sorry know this isn't the right thread for this , but you have all been kind and know you will relate .BB xxx

Hate these days of low grade anxiety that just seem to get worse and worse.. I was relaxing in the bean bag and a friend rung the door bell.. tried to get up in a hurry and felt dizzy you know how it goes ! Then she said you look sooooooo red in the face , you look terrible ! Just the right thing to say to some one with anxiety ...! NOT...

Sorry know this isn't the right thread for this , but you have all been kind and know you will relate .BB xxx

perfect place to post that..!!! -one stop shopping here...

And a good intro for me..

-sorry you are having a rough day too... lets hope its short lived..

I started B12 a few days ago, It seems to tie in with increasing Anxiety, to the point my whole mental system went to a CT type state... Very related to the photo and audio sensitivity that I get...

I should, at best guess, have been having a goodish day.. But try as I might, I was an in bed ball of tension and fatigue...

How can low dose V be so intense..?? -yeah, I know... -cos it is..

-It all lifted as soon as it started to get dark, as normal... I could run a marathon as I text this..

-Its NUTS...!!

Anyone else here had B12 problems??

-and remind me not to jump from here, -like "they" say I could...

Thanks... (and I just needed to have a blurt...)

Is my night, but I guess its "Good morning" to most...

:)

My night too Cantfly ..! I'm just across the ditch from you !

No don't jump from there !! No experience with the B12 issues.. sorry can't help ..

BB

My night too Cantfly ..! I'm just across the ditch from you !

No don't jump from there !! No experience with the B12 issues.. sorry can't help ..

BB

Thanks Bertie...

No, I wont jump, for sure... But it sure was a strong urge to atleast cut even... -benzo lies...

Think we are from the same Down Under..?? Winter and all..??

-is your anxiety more day than night?

Will prob have to quit B12 for now, then test...

Have a good evening...

We are!

I'm top of the South Island NZ ... loving reading your blog .. trucks / tyres !

Nah .. my anxiety is worse evening/night: early am

Hate it ..

Hence sitting up in bed now 1100pm .. don't want to lie down in case these heArt palps jump right out..!

Hi Bertie,

I think you and I are the only "post"people here (poster children?).  I've never had the anxiety - only physical.  My worst is on waking and then things fade/go away.  Mild, all in all.

We probably are Lynn!

I always read when I'm on the site but don't often post because I've jumped and probably should move on but everyone is no dam nice  and kind.

My anxiety overall is settling it's just that the panic can come with all its assosociated symptons and knocks me over .. its so random ..done a lot of reading tonight and apparently this is all very common ...ho hum..  might  try for some sleep  xx

[39...]