Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

V!  Don't be encouraging her. ::):laugh:

No Lynn not my type I do not care much for  pretty boys, I like guys that are a bit weathered..and have a good Mind and Good Heart. :)

How about my sis in law's father?

Aged 83, looks 20 years younger and, get this, is literally building a bungalow for his granddaughter 8)

It must be the porridge oats! ;)

Time to get MC or whoever has the travel agency and jets on it.  BG, start packing! :D

:D :D :D

Run Scotts... -RUN...!!!

Yes indeed Mr 3000 "Posts"

Over the years my pdoc often said that the generics were "not as good".  Under my insurance it was only a minimal extra cost to get the "real thing".  A change is a change is a change - and our brains don't like change.

Correct I think.

I would rather pay for the branded ones. :thumbsup:

I could definitely "see" the difference in a couple of different brands of 10mg and 5mg V tablets.  The "good" brands were darker blue for the tens and darker yellow for the fives. The darker tablets also were easier to break in half and didn't crumble as much. I had to ask for the specific brand when I went in but I can't remember the brand right now.  There was a definite difference in potency between the crumbly vs the non crumbly pills. Only use 2mg pills now but I think they are the crumbly brand.    :(--V

Yes I had some once which were speckly lighter blue and very crumbly.

They were the ones which made me feel as if I was withdrawing before I started.

I refused them after that - but I'm sort of known by the pharmacy as being a bit of a pain now  :)

I don't care.

Ask your doctor to write "X generic medically necessary" on your prescription. The pharmacy will not be able to substitute with other generic versions of V. That's how it works in the states anyway. I can't switch between generics either....causes too many problems.

My Teva ones are very easy to cut. When they changed to Mylan and like an idiot I didnt notice until I already had 2 refills, which once you leave the store you cant bring back, I realized what a mistake that was- crumbly orange pasty things that smear instead of cut. Just awful. They absorb humidity like nothing else I have ever seen which throws the weight off too. Awful.

My Teva ones are very easy to cut. When they changed to Mylan and like an idiot I didnt notice until I already had 2 refills, which once you leave the store you cant bring back, I realized what a mistake that was- crumbly orange pasty things that smear instead of cut. Just awful. They absorb humidity like nothing else I have ever seen which throws the weight off too. Awful.

Mayn generic is same as Teva, easy to cut, not crumbly at all. I had same experience with Mylan. Tried to figure out your math question on DMT Support...but it hurt my brain.

Good morning.......

I realize you all have given me all the reassurances and there is really nothing more to say....I'm grateful for all of your collective wisdom.

I went to my neurologist this morning who seems very worried about my agitation and panic caused by the withdrawal......his tool box is drugs......gave me a child size dose of hydroxyzine since I'm so sensitive to meds...1 mg liquid.  I took it and my body was calm for about a half hour.

Anyone have experience with this?  I searched on the site but it was a mixed bag.

Grateful for input or experience..

Thank you......still very very dizzy ....he seems to think it's anxiety.

No Lynn not my type I do not care much for  pretty boys, I like guys that are a bit weathered..and have a good Mind and Good Heart. :)

How about my sis in law's father?

Aged 83, looks 20 years younger and, get this, is literally building a bungalow for his granddaughter 8)

It must be the porridge oats! ;)

Time to get MC or whoever has the travel agency and jets on it.  BG, start packing! :D

:D :D :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's given me a laugh before I go.

I'll warn Scotland you're on your way. :thumbsup:

Over the years my pdoc often said that the generics were "not as good".  Under my insurance it was only a minimal extra cost to get the "real thing".  A change is a change is a change - and our brains don't like change.

Correct I think.

I would rather pay for the branded ones. :thumbsup:

I could definitely "see" the difference in a couple of different brands of 10mg and 5mg V tablets.  The "good" brands were darker blue for the tens and darker yellow for the fives. The darker tablets also were easier to break in half and didn't crumble as much. I had to ask for the specific brand when I went in but I can't remember the brand right now.  There was a definite difference in potency between the crumbly vs the non crumbly pills. Only use 2mg pills now but I think they are the crumbly brand.    :(--V

Yes I had some once which were speckly lighter blue and very crumbly.

They were the ones which made me feel as if I was withdrawing before I started.

I refused them after that - but I'm sort of known by the pharmacy as being a bit of a pain now  :)

I don't care.

Ask your doctor to write "X generic medically necessary" on your prescription. The pharmacy will not be able to substitute with other generic versions of V. That's how it works in the states anyway. I can't switch between generics either....causes too many problems.

Yes that's correct, it works over here too.

That's what I got my doctor to do. :thumbsup:

I think it made me hyper ......or it could be the hyper me to begin with.

I've got no experience with hydroxyzine but know it's an antihistamine.  Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) does very strange things to me though. Who knows in benzo land lol.  It seems everything gets turned on its head. :)--V

I've got no experience with hydroxyzine but know it's an antihistamine.  Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) does very strange things to me though. Who knows in benzo land lol.  It seems everything gets turned on its head. :)--V

Exactly..!! -trust nothing to work how you imagine... -not saying its all bad though...

Just NUTS..!!

Thanks V for trying to find that tolerance stuff, and checking the link I posted...

I had a burst of OCD...!!

I like hydroxizine. My dog takes it too. Its been around forever, its relatively safe, sure does help with allergies too. Plus its cheap. Not everything works for everyone but I really like it. I take 50 mg at bedtime. Its not helped the past few nights but in general it does usually help.

Mayn generic is same as Teva, easy to cut, not crumbly at all. I had same experience with Mylan. Tried to figure out your math question on DMT Support...but it hurt my brain.

It hurts my brain too. It would help me to know if x amount of stored pills is enough to last at my new taper rate but its tough to do that many numbers. But thanks for trying❤️

I hate to ditch something after one try but if it's only going to work for half an hour and then rebound....I'm so fearful of meds...

Thank you Valley and Can't for the tolerance info.

I'm venturing a real educated guess here.....IM IN WITHDRAWAL!!!!!!

Thanks, Slowly. No, not bedtime here. Lunch time. And clean the house day, so need to get up and get going! House cleaning as distraction. Hmm. Need to come up with something better! ;)

Gard :smitten:

Gardener:

Great reminders about the housework. "After the ecstasy, then the laundry." LOL

I have been on BB about 8 months now and have seen your wisdom in a couple of places. I was told to go to the Long Hold Thread to find great people. I am in a liquid taper now and have done a couple of holds for 3 weeks or so.

Hi, Swammi. All of my wisdom comes from making mistakes! And that makes me so wise! :laugh:  I see you have already figured out that short holds done in time can help prevent big problems and smooth out the journey.  Love to see that!  :thumbsup:

As for the laundry. It's still not done. But don't tell!

Gard :)

edit: typo number 2,436 (but who's counting?)

Thanks Gard:

Glad to hear you actually state that about Short holds helping prevent future problems...like really long holds. It's just learning not to overreact when sxs come back strongly. I am concerned about what is going to happen when I get below .25 mg. So far, my Liquid taper has been dropping by the same amount every day (.0025 mg) since that is what the spreadsheet does. It is linear not logarithmic. Well, fear does not serve me.

Tommy

I think I must be hanging out with my family or in bed when this thread is hopping! I miss all the fun but I enjoy reading it when I get back online.

Love the kilts and BG being a wild one. Thank you for the laughs  :laugh:

Slowly-- I don't know if you'll get this before you go but I hope you have a wonderful trip and that you stay warm!!

It's interesting how many people do have problems with changes to their meds. When I was doing the research on it I found that it applies to all types of medication. Also if you are lucky you will actually go up in the amount and so won't have a problem with the change. Some people have reactions to the different additives too. It's just crazy. I'm definitely going to talk with my pdoc about keeping me on a specific brand. I already have that with my Buspar. The generic doesn't work for me at all. Back when the generic first became available I was so excited because I was going to save money. Ended up in the hospital instead because it didn't give me what I needed. Knowing what I know now I was probably in w/d. My husband is the one that figured it out and told the doctor. Then we had to fight with the insurance company but they finally allowed me to have the name brand after my doctor wrote a letter to them. I happened to be friends with some med students and doctors where we lived at the time and they told me about the same sort of thing happening with kidney patients especially.

I'm just too sensitive. I knew it could be a problem so I even tapered over to the new brand. I didn't realize the difference could be as much as 20%. The average is 3.5% and that's more than I've been able to taper. Actually if I hit the average then that means I'm actually doing better :) I tried a 2.5% taper and it knocked me for a loop. That was before I held for any length of time. That proves your point Can't. Stable tapering should be faster!! Of course I have no idea what the actual difference was just that it caused w/d to kick in. Live and learn. I think I have about a year's worth of this generic stored up so I'll try to stay on this one. I just hope I stabilize on it. I've noticed more debris in the bottom of my cup after I drink the liquid. I make sure to wash it with water and drink the washings but it does make a person wonder.

Healing -- my doctor gave my hydroxozine to help with the anxiety. She gave me a much higher dose though and it kocked me out for a good 12 hours and then I got to feeling really down. I tried Benadryl and it did the same thing. There is another one I do take on occasion. I don't know where you live but here in America you can find it at Walmart. It's the Walmart brand "Equate" and it's sold as a sleep aid but it's called Doxylamine Sucinate. It is 25mg but I cut it in half. When I take it at night I'm still a bit drowsy in the morning but at least I don't get depressed.

Thank you everyone for you comments on the brand change. It makes me feel better that I'm not getting a horrible wave after doing so well with this hold. The waves I had been getting were small and I was getting ready to cut. I think I'll have to hold for awhile now. That's life.

Here you go BG

b7f39ba987a3d26723a4ea7ef5a1065c--kilts-funny-tartan-kilt.jpg

TNTD....I  believe doxylamine sucinate ( or whatever the exact correct name is) is the same drug that is in the Costco sleep aid as well. I never tried it but I have heard that it works real well.

I believe doxylamine sucinate ( or whatever the exact correct name is) is the same drug that is in the Costco sleep aid as well. I never tried it but I have heard that it works real well.

I had to pull the pill bottle out to spell that one!!

Kittybean,

I'm so glad you didn't have any problems when they changed yours. I have heard it depends on the brand, sounds like yours went the right way. The VA covers the brand of the generic with it own instruction label so I don't know what I'm getting. I've tried to peel the label back but it always seems to tear the original label too. I think I'll try again so I know exactly what to tell my pdoc.

Valley I love the meme. It made me laugh. You are awesome :)

Hugs,

T

T, you should be able to identify your generic using this site. :)

https://www.drugs.com/imprints.php

Thanks so much Left Behind now I don't have to try to pull the label off to figure out the manufacturer, it's Actavis. I've never heard of them but then I probably don't know many of the names of the groups that manufactur drugs.  :smitten::hug:

Thanks, Slowly. No, not bedtime here. Lunch time. And clean the house day, so need to get up and get going! House cleaning as distraction. Hmm. Need to come up with something better! ;)

Gard :smitten:

Gardener:

Great reminders about the housework. "After the ecstasy, then the laundry." LOL

I have been on BB about 8 months now and have seen your wisdom in a couple of places. I was told to go to the Long Hold Thread to find great people. I am in a liquid taper now and have done a couple of holds for 3 weeks or so.

Hi, Swammi. All of my wisdom comes from making mistakes! And that makes me so wise! :laugh:  I see you have already figured out that short holds done in time can help prevent big problems and smooth out the journey.  Love to see that!  :thumbsup:

As for the laundry. It's still not done. But don't tell!

Gard :)

edit: typo number 2,436 (but who's counting?)

Thanks Gard:

Glad to hear you actually state that about Short holds helping prevent future problems...like really long holds. It's just learning not to overreact when sxs come back strongly. I am concerned about what is going to happen when I get below .25 mg. So far, my Liquid taper has been dropping by the same amount every day (.0025 mg) since that is what the spreadsheet does. It is linear not logarithmic. Well, fear does not serve me.

Tommy

Hi Swammi or Tommy?

I am dropping .005 every two days. Isn't  that almost like your taper?

i normally don't have any wdsx except maybe a blip here or there. If I find myself with a wdsx that lasts more than a day or two, then I will hold for a week or til it's gone and then proceed again. I have not had any disfunctional wdsx so far so I'm hoping it will continue to be a taper that holds me for a long time. I know I'll have to re-evaluate when I get down lower, but that won't be for a long time. I figure at this rate it will take me another 1 1/2 years to get completely free. I wish I could go faster but I have to be functional to  be able to go to work.

I imagine like you, the lower I go, like when I reach .25 mg or even before that, I will have to go really really even much slower.

Hope all goes well for you Tommy!  :thumbsup:

Heath :)

Kittybean,

I'm so glad you didn't have any problems when they changed yours. I have heard it depends on the brand, sounds like yours went the right way. The VA covers the brand of the generic with it own instruction label so I don't know what I'm getting. I've tried to peel the label back but it always seems to tear the original label too. I think I'll try again so I know exactly what to tell my pdoc.

I dont know where I wrote mine went ok, I hope I didnt cause it was a bad thing  :-\  the switching did not go well and now I have 2 bottles of pasty humid useless mylan brand when I had been on nice crisp clean cutting tevas. Now I am about to switch again when I run out of my old stash, my new stash is teva made by IVAX which is yellow and crisp but weighs quite a bit more per pill. I had hoped to get to 5 mg and just swap pill for pill and hope for it being the same but with this latest blip ( one a month it seems) I dont think I will get to 5 before running out. All said, many people just slide back and forth with no problems- but thats definitely not me. A gal can dream though!

Here you go BG

b7f39ba987a3d26723a4ea7ef5a1065c--kilts-funny-tartan-kilt.jpg

Sorry I have to pass.. :nono:  :nono: :nono: 

Exactly..!! -trust nothing to work how you imagine... -not saying its all bad though...

Just NUTS..!!

Thanks V for trying to find that tolerance stuff, and checking the link I posted...

I had a burst of OCD...!!

LOL.  You're the one pulling the rabbit out of the hat.  :laugh:

Ok, so here I am again. Trying very hard to keep up and missing all that is going on........

So I went back to my last post, 7 hours ago, and .........,l

THERE ARE 36 posts since then!

I can't skim, cause then nothing makes sense. Gotta read every one.

Ok so I am settling in with my pillow and blanky and going to read every word!

Just had to cheat first and see what that picture of the guy in the kit was all about.

:D :D ;D ;D :D;D:laugh: :laugh: ;D

What a laugh!

The wedding should be a real kick! Personally I think it would be a great sight if everyone wore kilts.

Okay back to reading for atleast all day! What the heck it's Sunday! I hope everyone at my house leaves me alone. I'd love to power off my phone but I wouldn't dare. That is a sad situation, how I am addicted to my phone and iPad...but what the heck.

Good thoughts, hopes and wishes to everyone.

Ps...Can't, I went on the back of a motorcycle only once in my life. Scared the £~{*€<|~~|.,?¡*#      out  of me but what a blast!

Heath

Hey Heath... -I dont do so well on the back either..!! Lol

There can be 2 new pages appear while i text a reply... -and then it makes no sense, or a key factor has changed...  -all part of the fun...

Be Well..

:)

Can't.....Oh yeah! Every time I come here I have to catch up to atleast ten to twenty posts or more, and that's only in about a day!

But it's a happy and healthy distraction and I love it. 

Just wish so many weren't suffering.

And, Hope you are fully recovered from that nasty flu bug!

MIYU,

SO SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAD TWO MISERABLE DAYS. AND YES, I LOVE THE QUOTE, "Dont believe everything you think"

I too think about how long it's going to take to get off this darn drug, but as Gard always says, it's one step closer to freedom every day. And as Lynn said, holding is healing, so we are indeed getting closer to walking off, no matter how long it takes. One day at a time.

It helps me to look back at my old posts and the dates and notes on my old sigs that I have saved. When I do that I remember how I never thought I'd get as far as I have. Makes me feel better and realize that I can do this, and my turn to walk off will definitely come, when the time is right.

Yours will too, just hang in there my sweet!

I too "have miles to go before I sleep" Robert Frost

Heath  :thumbsup::therethere::mybuddy:

Thanks dear Heath , you're a sweetie pie ....  :smitten: things have been rough for sure but I'm seeing some small improvements today .... It's so slow!! Quite amazing really ...

Hope you are doing ok Heath , I too have to catch up now on posts , it's been busy !

Love MiYu  :smitten:

Ok, so here I am again. Trying very hard to keep up and missing all that is going on........

So I went back to my last post, 7 hours ago, and .........,l

THERE ARE 36 posts since then!

I can't skim, cause then nothing makes sense. Gotta read every one.

Ok so I am settling in with my pillow and blanky and going to read every word!

Just had to cheat first and see what that picture of the guy in the kit was all about.

:D :D ;D ;D :D;D:laugh: :laugh: ;D

What a laugh!

The wedding should be a real kick! Personally I think it would be a great sight if everyone wore kilts.

Okay back to reading for atleast all day! What the heck it's Sunday! I hope everyone at my house leaves me alone. I'd love to power off my phone but I wouldn't dare. That is a sad situation, how I am addicted to my phone and iPad...but what the heck.

Good thoughts, hopes and wishes to everyone.

Ps...Can't, I went on the back of a motorcycle only once in my life. Scared the £~{*€<|~~|.,?¡*#      out  of me but what a blast!

Heath

Hey Heath... -I dont do so well on the back either..!! Lol

There can be 2 new pages appear while i text a reply... -and then it makes no sense, or a key factor has changed...  -all part of the fun...

Be Well..

:)

Can't.....Oh yeah! Every time I come here I have to catch up to atleast ten to twenty posts or more, and that's only in about a day!

But it's a happy and healthy distraction and I love it. 

Just wish so many weren't suffering.

And, Hope you are fully recovered from that nasty flu bug!

MIYU,

SO SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAD TWO MISERABLE DAYS. AND YES, I LOVE THE QUOTE, "Dont believe everything you think"

I too think about how long it's going to take to get off this darn drug, but as Gard always says, it's one step closer to freedom every day. And as Lynn said, holding is healing, so we are indeed getting closer to walking off, no matter how long it takes. One day at a time.

It helps me to look back at my old posts and the dates and notes on my old sigs that I have saved. When I do that I remember how I never thought I'd get as far as I have. Makes me feel better and realize that I can do this, and my turn to walk off will definitely come, when the time is right.

Yours will too, just hang in there my sweet!

I too "have miles to go before I sleep" Robert Frost

Heath  :thumbsup::therethere::mybuddy:

Thanks dear Heath , you're a sweetie pie ....  :smitten: things have been rough for sure but I'm seeing some small improvements today .... It's so slow!! Quite amazing really ...

Hope you are doing ok Heath , I too have to catch up now on posts , it's been busy !

Love MiYu  :smitten:

:thumbsup::clap:

[c4...]