Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thank you all for your thoughtful answers....so I made a decision to hold and at the risk of sounding like the rest of the scary board.....today I woke up at the corner of doubt and panic.  I guess there are no miracles in holding.  I'm just filled with anxiety over it all.  I guess somewhat paralyzed.

I have a condition called CRPS which is a chronic neurological pain condition.  Where inappropriate pain signals are sent to my legs......made worse by anxiety.  I've had it for 10 years.  There's no cure.

I'm suppose to move but the dizziness and vertigo slowed me down.  Now that condition is way worse.  It's a move it or lose it kind if thing.

I thought it was Lynn but when I looked at her signature.....it wasn't .  There is someone in this group that suffered from vertigo/ dizziness and that resolved with holding.  Could that person respond??

I know that there are many people with challenges getting off of benzos , especially Can't .

I was wondering if anyone could speak to that?

Healing, I'm sorry you're in such a bad place. Of course you can post about your symptoms here.  :hug: I'm not the one wth vertigo, so I have no advice about that. :-\ 

I hope someone comes along who can help.

Gard :)

I had dizziness that lasted 3 wks.  This was very debilitating.  I was in bed, afraid to go down the stairs or take a shower.  This prompted my hold of 4 months.  I had gone to the "dizzy" support board and I sure didn't want that problem to become ingrained.  It kind of came and went for awhile.  I thought it was gone only to have it re-emerge.  It took a full 3 wks.

One of my worst symptoms too.

Had it for weeks during my 6 month hold but it went away.

Emerges after each cut but lasts for shorter time and does go away.

Have had none for 4 weeks approx but it has re emerged after each cut.

I stopped being afraid of it and that makes me cope better.

Thank you all for your thoughtful answers....so I made a decision to hold and at the risk of sounding like the rest of the scary board.....today I woke up at the corner of doubt and panic.  I guess there are no miracles in holding.  I'm just filled with anxiety over it all.  I guess somewhat paralyzed.

I have a condition called CRPS which is a chronic neurological pain condition.  Where inappropriate pain signals are sent to my legs......made worse by anxiety.  I've had it for 10 years.  There's no cure.

I'm suppose to move but the dizziness and vertigo slowed me down.  Now that condition is way worse.  It's a move it or lose it kind if thing.

I thought it was Lynn but when I looked at her signature.....it wasn't .  There is someone in this group that suffered from vertigo/ dizziness and that resolved with holding.  Could that person respond??

I know that there are many people with challenges getting off of benzos , especially Can't .

Healing you know what makes your condition worse try to work on that, anxiety is not good for anything we have going on, sometimes we need to just look it in the eye and say no more...I am not going to let you take over my thoughts. You are stronger than you think, and you will need all of your strength. You will have good days and bad days. I think when one Accepts the Process of Holding and healing it does get better, patience and time also. Enjoy the good days and distract on the not so good days the best you can, things seem to get better when we do not think of what is going on. Yes we all can learn a lot from Cant, but what I know for sure, he keeps as busy as he can and he gives to others, distraction is key. Stay Strong. :smitten:

I agree  :thumbsup:

I keep on as normal and don't fear the vertigo when it happens.

Distraction helps me.

Food for thought. And thank you all.  All of these things I have been trying for months.....benzo lie. I just don't feel like I'll ever get better.  Attempting a shower and then a walk.  This is hard. Sorry to be a kill joy.

Slowly please chat and come up with a  good question, you have kept things going here and made us think and yes with doses of humor, if there is no humor on this thread I am outta of here... :D. Speak up  :thumbsup:

OK thanks begood :smitten::thumbsup:

Question ...it's cold here today so what's it going to be like in Scotland, north of Inverness next week?

"Kilts will be worn"  at the wedding I'm going to - but thankfully not by me  :laugh:

Oh love a Man in a kilt...so nice. ;)

Can you wear long johns under those things?

They are just below knee length so ..erm...maybe not. :laugh: I'll check with the wearers this trip.

Went to a similar wedding  the year before last - lovely kilts and hunky guys  :)

The Scots are very hardy and used to their cold weather.

I'm not ...I don't even like the weather in my part of England which is why I will not go without my winter holidays ..vertigo or whatever symptoms will not prevent my sun/swim/spa times  :laugh::thumbsup:

Food for thought. And thank you all.  All of these things I have been trying for months.....benzo lie. I just don't feel like I'll ever get better.  Attempting a shower and then a walk.  This is hard. Sorry to be a kill joy.

Maybe your cuts are too large and have not all caught up yet. But it also sounds like the benzo lies have a hold of you..stomp on them....you can do this, all of us have had to fight them at one time or another. Stay Strong and Believe that you Can. :thumbsup:

You aren't being a killjoy  :hug:

We know how you feel.

You will get better.

Just go more slowly-turtle and try not to worry.

You should have seen the state of anxiety I was in when I first came here.

Maybe your cuts are too large and have not all caught up yet. But it also sounds like the benzo lies have a hold of you..stomp on them....you can do this, all of us have had to fight them at one time or another. Stay Strong and Believe that you Can. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Slowly please chat and come up with a  good question, you have kept things going here and made us think and yes with doses of humor, if there is no humor on this thread I am outta of here... :D. Speak up  :thumbsup:

Question ...it's cold here today so what's it going to be like in Scotland, north of Inverness next week?

"Kilts will be worn"  at the wedding I'm going to - but thankfully not by me  :laugh:

Can you wear long johns under those things?

They are just below knee length so ..erm...maybe not. :laugh: I'll check with the wearers this trip.

Went to a similar wedding year before last - lovely kilts and hunky guys  :)

The Scots are very hardy and used to their cold weather.

I'm not ...I don't even like the weather in my part of England which is why I will not go without my winter holidays ..vertigo or whatever symptoms will not prevent my sun/swim/spa times  :laugh::thumbsup:

Wonderful visual thanks. :angel:

Hi Healing. What you are feeling is completely normal during benzo withdrawal.  It seems to bring the negative thinking and intrusive thoughts that we will never get better.  I would assume that many of us have been in the same place as benzo withdrawal seems to drag on and wear us down over time.

Keep listening to your body and do what you can to distract. I found the absolute worst thing I can do during withdrawal is sit home.  When I'm distracting, I usually forget about withdrawal for the most part.

You will get better! :)--V

Hi Healing. What you are feeling is completely normal during benzo withdrawal.  It seems to bring the negative thinking and intrusive thoughts that we will never get better.  I would assume that many of us have been in the same place as benzo withdrawal seems to drag on and wear us down over time.

Keep listening to your body and do what you can to distract. I found the absolute worst thing I can do during withdrawal is sit home.  When I'm distracting, I usually forget about withdrawal for the most part.

You will get better! :)--V

Absolutely, Valley  :thumbsup:

Even I believe that now.

You have all been a huge help to me  :smitten:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/53/536d5a5a1d1e2ceadad558144e1d1ad7d3f13764c5c777ac289f4eb94193bb85.jpg

Yes, don't fear the symptoms.  They are common and will go away.  Just roll with it.  But fight those benzo lies.  A long hold got me to a good place.  I did have occasional dizziness and head wobbling on later cuts but it was fleeting.  I truly don't know how cutting thru bad symptoms will do anything but make things worse.  When sxs are bad your brain is talking to you (screaming).  Best to hold and slow down.

When you read that you must push thru the sxs, get the poison out, no healing until you are off, get it over and start the acute, long tapers get youu nowhere as acute and lengthy healing awaits no matter what...  Look at those signatures carefully.  How are these folks doing?  How many are on the protracted board?

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/53/536d5a5a1d1e2ceadad558144e1d1ad7d3f13764c5c777ac289f4eb94193bb85.jpg

LOL love that. :laugh:

LOL love that. :laugh:

Yes Valley thank you, I will babysit the "Girls" any time you need to get away.

you will get there... -I was so convinced I would never get better that I HAD to work out how every med and aspect past and present was affecting me... -I did it.. -but it cost me in suffering...

I could have done it as advised, but I wouldnt be as confident in MY situation as I am now, and I sure learnt a lot about myself...

This will see me through now... If I survive the ride I did today, then im back on track, with only a slow SX guided taper to enjoy...

When you get back on track, stable, You will know it...

Just learn the traps over time, and avoid them...  (like dont cut again after only one good day) etc.

Holding also gives one a chance to realy understand their SX patterns... A diary is a great idea... X100

Try to relax into it... -Holding is Healing...

:)

you will get there... -I was so convinced I would never get better that I HAD to work out how every med and aspect past and present was affecting me... -I did it.. -but it cost me in suffering...

I could have done it as advised, but I wouldnt be as confident in MY situation as I am now, and I sure learnt a lot about myself...

This will see me through now... If I survive the ride I did today, then im back on track, with only a slow SX guided taper to enjoy...

When you get back on track, stable, You will know it...

Just learn the traps over time, and avoid them...  (like dont cut again after only one good day) etc.

Holding also gives one a chance to realy understand their SX patterns... A diary is a great idea... X100

Try to relax into it... -Holding is Healing...

:)

:smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Healing, I'm sorry you're in such a bad place. Of course you can post about your symptoms here.  :hug: I'm not the one wth vertigo, so I have no advice about that. :-\ 

I had dizziness that lasted 3 wks.  This was very debilitating.  I was in bed, afraid to go down the stairs or take a shower.  This prompted my hold of 4 months.  I had gone to the "dizzy" support board and I sure didn't want that problem to become ingrained.  It kind of came and went for awhile.  I thought it was gone only to have it re-emerge.  It took a full 3 wks.

This is great news, Slowly!  ;D

Benzos are the kill joy, not you, Healing.  :hug:

I read this from an old thread this morning and thought it was appropriate to how we think, at times, during this process.  :)--V

I know this feeling well... There were days that were so dark for me. I was terrified I wouldn't heal...and on those days I thought there were only more of those dark days to come. That was a hard one for me. I was losing strength. I was a wreck. When I first experienced those days I let them get the better of me. I let them drain me of hope and strength. After a time I realized I couldn't keep letting that happen. I would start to ignore the voice in my head that told me to give up. I would actually say "stop" out loud. Doing this would give me a little strength back. It was a start. It was a tiny bit of fight in me that I didn't think I had left. Telling the voice to stop was a first step to taking as much control back into my life as I could. That was all I could muster...it was just one word but it was enough to keep me holding on some days.

Then those days got better. I didn't think it would happen but it did. It will for you. I know it's hard to see but you don't need to see it, you don't even need to believe it right now. All you have to do is tell that voice to "stop". Just for today. Even if you don't feel the strength you need, do it anyway...even if it's just going through the motions. Then one day, a day much sooner than you think...you're going to feel a little lighter...and soon all of this will be a distant memory.

You can do this. Your strength is still there... Your fight is still there. It's working for you. Have the faith in yourself that this is not going to stop you, that this is not going to define you. That this is not you. This is a small period of your life that sucks but it's not always going to be like this. You just have to get through today... You just have to find enough strength for today. Tomorrow will take care of itself.

You can do this. You will beat this. This is not stronger than you.

This is great news, Slowly!  ;D

Thanks, Gard  :smitten:

Yes, I don't always feel great but I don't think there is much you can do about vertigo so I have found that distracting myself from it, trying to be confident and not to be afraid of it are the only way I can deal with it.

As Cant said about the depression, knowing the cause can help you to cope with it so I'm trying to do the same with  that as well.

[ef...]