Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I had to get a refill of my xanax and they had me make a appointment with my Physician to discuss how things were going. He has not had any problem with me taking my time with my taper for which I told him I was extremely grateful. I was curious if he had any other patients which were tapering off xanax. I was surprised when he said no one in their clinic prescribed them anymore. Not sure what they do with people now. I am the only patient there that is still on xanax. I should of asked about other benzos.

I got really nervous and anxious about the appointment.  Feeling a little better now that it is over.

Anyways, I found that interesting. There seems to be a recognition now that benzos should have a very limited use.

Hope everyone is feeling OK.    :smitten:

Best Wishes to everyone.

Hi, cute squirrel. (Still my favorite avatar!) It is good to hear that some clinics know Xanax is junk.  :thumbsup: It's a sign that the word is getting out.

I'm always anxious about my appointment, too. For some reason I feel crummy the whole day, even after it's over. My doctor makes me come in every month for my benzo script, too, and asks how I am feeling and such. I think they need to be extra careful because it's controlled substance. My doctor even checks some kind of database to make sure I'm not doctor shopping and getting benzo scripts from more than one place. Little signs of progress. Hopefully people will be spared what we're going through.

Won't it be wonderful when we have stepped off, like lynn?! I love seeing her post how well she's doing. The journey will be worth it!

Gard :)

Nope, not orange yet... still green...

Can only stand organic raw foods atm...

The flu is about gone... ty...

Incidently I have been eating oranges too (vit C) which may well have helped...

I got some contriversial B 12 today for a trial...??

Survived a Dr day today no prob... so out for 9 hours...

-a good sign for sure... minimal support meds also...

Be Well

Sounds good, Cant! ;D:thumbsup:

I had to get a refill of my xanax and they had me make a appointment with my Physician to discuss how things were going. He has not had any problem with me taking my time with my taper for which I told him I was extremely grateful. I was curious if he had any other patients which were tapering off xanax. I was surprised when he said no one in their clinic prescribed them anymore. Not sure what they do with people now. I am the only patient there that is still on xanax. I should of asked about other benzos.

I got really nervous and anxious about the appointment.  Feeling a little better now that it is over.

Anyways, I found that interesting. There seems to be a recognition now that benzos should have a very limited use.

Best Wishes to everyone.

My doctor told me that not one of his patients has ever come off nor wanted to come off of benzos... just me, so maybe that's the case with your doctor too? I'm pretty sure he still prescribes them though.  :)--V

I don't know. He said that they as a group decided they will no longer prescribe xanax at all. He didn't say when it changed, but what I suspect is that they have patients that are on benzos, but they get them from somewhere else, like a psychiatrist  or something.

Good god,That statement from your doctor is pretty scary actually. I just hope I can persevere and eventually get off these. From the discussion I had with my doctor, he was well aware of the difficulty of getting off benzos. He offered me support drugs if I needed them. Of course I told him I wouldn't need any at least for now. I hope I can get off this without having to resort to taking another drug to support me getting off the xanax.  he agreed that would be best if I can do it.

I should mention my "doctor" is a PA. My original Doctor who first prescribed xanax for me is retired from family practice. He works strictly in the ER now.

Best Wishes.

Still Holding      :thumbsup:

Best Wishes to everyone.

My doctor told me that not one of his patients has ever come off nor wanted to come off of benzos... just me, so maybe that's the case with your doctor too? I'm pretty sure he still prescribes them though.  :)--V

I don't know. He said that they as a group decided they will no longer prescribe xanax at all. He didn't say when it changed, but what I suspect is that they have patients that are on benzos, but they get them from somewhere else, like a psychiatrist  or something.

Good god,That statement from your doctor is pretty scary actually. I just hope I can persevere and eventually get off these. From the discussion I had with my doctor, he was well aware of the difficulty of getting off benzos. He offered me support drugs if I needed them. Of course I told him I wouldn't need any at least for now. I hope I can get off this without having to resort to taking another drug to support me getting off the xanax.  he agreed that would be best if I can do it.

I should mention my "doctor" is a PA. My original Doctor who first prescribed xanax for me is retired from family practice. He works strictly in the ER now.

Best Wishes.

I don't think you need a psychiatrist to do this. In fact, Dr. Shipko (Xanax Withdrawal e-book) says a primary doctor is better than a psychiatrist because he can monitor your general health during the taper better than psychiatrist can. I see a family doctor now and I'd much rather see him than a psychiatrist. I think all I need is someone with a level head to monitor my health and make sure I'm going at a speed my body can handle. Best kind of doctor to have. Glad yours seems to be letting you take the lead and hold as needed. :thumbsup:

Best Wishes to everyone.

Best Wishes.

I think because of new rules by States about prescribed drugs, like opiates and yes Benzo's Patients are going to to have a bit more to go through to get their medications. Not long ago I had to sign a Contact that I would not sell or take more than prescribed and that if I committed a crime that they would not prescribe the Valium anymore. Things are changing and States are bearing down on the Doctors and it is easier for them to just cut off patients. Free would know more about this. Free pls answer when you see this.

Best Wishes to everyone.

Best Wishes.

I don't think you need a psychiatrist to do this. In fact, Dr. Shipko (Xanax Withdrawal e-book) says a primary doctor is better than a psychiatrist because he can monitor your general health during the taper better than psychiatrist can. I see a family doctor now and I'd much rather see him than a psychiatrist. I think all I need is someone with a level head to monitor my health and make sure I'm going at a speed my body can handle. Best kind of doctor to have. Glad yours seems to be letting you take the lead and hold as needed. :thumbsup:

I feel very fortunate that he is allowing me flexibility in my taper. I see so many here that are rushed or even c/t'd.

Best Wishes to everyone.

Best Wishes.

I think because of new rules by States about prescribed drugs, like opiates and yes Benzo's Patients are going to to have a bit more to go through to get their medications. Not long ago I had to sign a Contact that I would not sell or take more than prescribed and that if I committed a crime that they would not prescribe the Valium anymore. Things are changing and States are bearing down on the Doctors and it is easier for them to just cut off patients. Free would know more about this. Free pls answer when you see this.

About 3 months ago, I also had to sign a contract.

Best Wishes to everyone.

Best Wishes.

I should note that when I wrote PA, I was referring to a Physicians Assistance, not a Phsychiatrist.  Sorry for the miscommunication.

My theory about the intake of Carbs, Our Brain is comprised of Glucose to keep it going, and when we are going through wd things get wonky up there and it needs more Carbs to sustain itself...that is just what I think. and those who may suffer more are deleting too much from their diet. :)

Agree on the brain needing glucose during wd.  I read an article where benzo wd was compared to traumatic brain injury (due to both having a huge release of glutamate).  It was stated that brain injury patients are transfused huge amounts of glucose/fructose as it inhibits release of glutamate or processesit(?).  This is one of the reasons that I think those who advise limiting sugar/carbs during wd are dead wrong.

I think my craving was my brain requiring it.

Hmm , so interesting... I've lost about 8 lbs , maybe that's my problem , I'm not eating enough ! I've been the same weight since I was 16, then when I was on the steroids I put on 20lbs , as soon as I stopped the weight just dropped off again . Since this taper I never know what to eat , and rarely feel hungry , I actually crave salty foods more . I feel like I just eat because I have to .

I tried the keto diet , ugh , no way could I handle all that fat.

So now I like corn chips to snack on and nut butter sandwiches are good  :) but I'm loosing weight and I'm barely excercising .... Think I'll try more carbs ....

:)

MiYu, sometimes the smallest changes can bring good results, all I know that is that Our Brain will ask for what it needs, I would rather feed it before it turns on me... ;D

Thanks Begood ......my brain has already turned on me a few times , not fun!

Going to try eating more regular small meals . I do eat protein , I'd be vegetarian if I could , but I don think that's wise right now.

Balance ..... My liver definitely has a hard time with too much saturated fats ....but I try to get plenty of olive oil and that seems ok

:smitten:

You guys are so great. Thank you so much BeGood, V, and Gard. Gard, you already made me laugh :) I'm sure you're right and my daughter will be fine, and my husband on his return trip on Friday. The stress of my family traveling has always caused anxiety for me. I think being extra sensitive to it now just makes everything worse.

I've been having 1 tsp of raw honey and MCT oil at bedtime to help me sleep. I have been sleeping more deeply but I was wondering if it might be the cause of the early morning symptoms coming back. I eat paleo so sandwhiches aren't on my menu &

OJ is way to many carbs for me. That would send my anxiety through the roof. Should I stick with the honey and MCT oil or try something else or maybe go back to doing nothing before bed which is what I was doing. No food for three hours before bed. I think I may try that tonight and see if it makes any difference. Thank you for the wonderful suggestion though.

This group is so amazing.

Hugs and healing everyone,

T

HI T ,

I too am getting the horrible morning cortisol surges, starting sometimes around 4 am , and then several after that .... They really are awful! I do eat a nut butter sandwich before I go to bed , I don't know if it helps , I also can't drink OJ , or tolerate any citrus ... I wonder if some vit C would help along with the sandwich.......

One thing that does help me , but only after the fact , is I have some phosphatydylserine...Jarrow formulas , called PS100. It helps regulate cortisol . It calms me down right away if I open the gelcap and squeeze out the contents straight into my mouth . I only do this if it's an early cortisol surge , otherwise it makes me too tired , ( more tired than I already feel!) .

They say you can take it at bedtime too , I haven't tried that and not sure how it works fro early morning surges .

I know mine will pass with holding as I've had them before and they did stop . Hope yours do soon !

:smitten: I hope all goes well with the wedding too.

MiYu  :smitten:

Vitamin C helped me with my am cortisol surges, along with the Adrenal Cocktail. I take 4-8 mgs a day in divided doses (pure ascorbic acid in pill form, no fillers).

https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200304/vitamin-c-stress-buster

Peace and healing to All.  :)

Thanks Left ... Do you mean grams of Vit C?

And do you use oj for the adrenal cocktail ?

I have the recipe , just can't do the oj ,

MiYu

Just a question for anyone who feels like answering but don't any of you answer if you don't want to.

Did the benzos you were taking - Xanax, Valium, Klonopin  etc - do you good and make you feel better while you were on them?

I'm just curious.

I know some of you have had real physical issues like Cant but I mean if you went on benzos for anxiety/insomnia and things like that did they help?

I'm just musing but I think the experience of diazepam has been all negative for me even before withdrawal started.

Depression, weight gain and emotional numbness seems an odd way of helping to deal with losing my parents.

Interested to know other peoples' thoughts.

Slowly, I don't think I've ever felt good on any benzo , and Valium seems worse for me than the others ....but I'm on it and don't really want to mess around with another switch now .....I took benzos for trauma and post steroid cold turkey .....Xanax did take the edge off , but I was still really really sick... It was hard fro me to know what was what.....

Ditto MiYu, Nitrazepam made me sleep but made me feel bad during the day and Valium has always just made me feel extremely depressed and have the morning 5am waking surge.

Both have lessened hugely the lower my does has gone, which is why i was in such a rush to dump them but I've realised that rushing doesn't work... :) Turtle training.

The only time I felt sick - and I sympathise with you because I can't bear nausea and sickness - was when I crossed from Nitrazepam to diazepam to start tapering.

That caused my 6 month hold and that was when I had the carb cravings.

It wasn't so much sweet things I craved it was just carbs - bread, potatoes, plain pasta [i know, weird : :crazy:]  but I think I craved blandness to keep the nausea away and also I got  really hungry when the nausea subsided later in the day/evening.

My sugar came from very plain bland biscuits [cookies to you in the US]  again I think to keep nausea at bay but, boy did I binge on them. :-[

Not felt anything like it since, so I blame w/d from Nitrazepam crossing to diazepam.

I was told that it is diazepam with something added [or one doctor said it was something subtracted?]  to make you sleep but whatever the added/subtracted component was it was powerful and, sorry Ashton manual,  but 5mgs Nitraz was in no way "equivalent" to 5mg diazepam/Valium.

OR maybe I did wrong by doing the crossover too quickly as per the Manual, I maybe should have tapered the crossover more - hindsight is great  :)

I get w/ds ramping up every time I make a cut but when they go I'm feeling better the lower my diazepam dose goes so it definitely doesn't agree with me.

Thank you for answering, I'm puzzled and trying to get my head around all the different reactions.

I guess nobody likes them or we wouldn't be trying to get off them but I spoke to someone last week who said he only feels well when he is on valium and wouldn't dream of getting off them so that was why I asked the question on here.

Thanks again  :smitten: you are doing great and I wish you speedy healing.

Thanks Slowly , you also are doing great!

I am absolutely sure I will feel better on a lower dose .... Getting there so slowly is a real drag , but it will happen and I believe things will be easier .

How I miss chocolate digestives ! Mcvities  :) I'm from  England but now Californian .

In my twenties I used to buy a  chocolate roll cake and eat the whole thing in one sitting !

I think I'd go comotose if I did that now !

Good healing for you too ,

My theory about the intake of Carbs, Our Brain is comprised of Glucose to keep it going, and when we are going through wd things get wonky up there and it needs more Carbs to sustain itself...that is just what I think. and those who may suffer more are deleting too much from their diet. :)

Agree on the brain needing glucose during wd.  I read an article where benzo wd was compared to traumatic brain injury (due to both having a huge release of glutamate).  It was stated that brain injury patients are transfused huge amounts of glucose/fructose as it inhibits release of glutamate or processesit(?).  This is one of the reasons that I think those who advise limiting sugar/carbs during wd are dead wrong.

Hmm , so interesting... I've lost about 8 lbs , maybe that's my problem , I'm not eating enough ! I've been the same weight since I was 16, then when I was on the steroids I put on 20lbs , as soon as I stopped the weight just dropped off again . Since this taper I never know what to eat , and rarely feel hungry , I actually crave salty foods more . I feel like I just eat because I have to .

So now I like corn chips to snack on and nut butter sandwiches are good  :) but I'm loosing weight and I'm barely excercising .... Think I'll try more carbs ....

MiYu, sometimes the smallest changes can bring good results, all I know that is that Our Brain will ask for what it needs, I would rather feed it before it turns on me... ;D

Going to try eating more regular small meals . I do eat protein , I'd be vegetarian if I could , but I don think that's wise right now.

Balance ..... My liver definitely has a hard time with too much saturated fats ....but I try to get plenty of olive oil and that seems ok

MiYu, I think you should eat your chocolate roll and see what happens, my dear friend swore that the hot chocolate helped him. You know I feel really good about you I just know that you are going to be OK, hang in there, we are all here with you, you are a dear soul you are the real deal. :smitten:

At the worst of my wd I always felt better after a big bowl of ice cream. :thumbsup:  I often had no appetite for anything else (and everything else tasted like cardboard).  I remember when I was losing so much weight and couldn't eat anything and had a craving for french toast w/butter and syrup.  I ate that every day for weeks!

:thumbsup:  :o

Best Wishes to everyone.

The doctor who first ever gave me a benzo , Xanax , now not longer will see any patients who are on psyche meds! Bit hypocritical if you ask me , there's a big rift there , they should be doing what they can to help patients withdraw , as well as no longer prescribing .

Hi All ... I wanted to concur with those that talk about weight gain and sugar.. towards the end of my taper I put on weight . I literally craved sugary things .. chocolate etc.. it was awful and seemed to be more in the evening as others have said ..

Slowly these cravings are returning to normal ... I used to despaire when I read of people saying cut out sugar .. the more I did that the worse I felt !

I agree with you about so many cutting out sugar, simple carbs. I have a Friend that would drink a cup of Hot Chocolate each morning at work, he would be anxious and one morning really feeling badly went to Coffee machine and decided to have a cup of Hot Chocolate, he felt better right away he continued drinking it each morning. We may be starving our Brain of the Glucose it needs,  I know some get ramped up on sugar, but I feel that exclusion is not good. v

Tis tru 4 me too... and not just this taper... my brain screams for sugar through the night...

To go back... I think MiYu started the carrot discussion??

Was a way to stop eating crap through the night and good fibre stuff for my GI...

-down to about 2kg week now, but have lost that crazy NEED to eat till I exploded...

Hope i hit the cant eat phase for a while...

Carrots are really good for you and contain more good natural sugar than most vegetables - don't think I could manage 2kg though. :)

Just as an afterthought are you turning orange like my friend did? ;):laugh: and I hope you are feeling better from your flu bug.

It's better than eating crap anyway  :thumbsup:

Nope, not orange yet... still green...

Can only stand organic raw foods atm...

The flu is about gone... ty...

Incidently I have been eating oranges too (vit C) which may well have helped...

I got some contriversial B 12 today for a trial...??

Survived a Dr day today no prob... so out for 9 hours...

-a good sign for sure... minimal support meds also...

Be Well

:thumbsup: you're doing great Cant...... Good for you..

MiYu, I think you should eat your chocolate roll and see what happens, my dear friend swore that the hot chocolate helped him. You know I feel really good about you I just know that you are going to be OK, hang in there, we are all here with you, you are a dear soul you are the real deal. :smitten:

Oh you sweetheart Begood, thank you so much  :smitten: :smitten:

your encouragement means the world to me .

Will try some sweeties today  ::)

You guys are so great. Thank you so much BeGood, V, and Gard. Gard, you already made me laugh :) I'm sure you're right and my daughter will be fine, and my husband on his return trip on Friday. The stress of my family traveling has always caused anxiety for me. I think being extra sensitive to it now just makes everything worse.

I've been having 1 tsp of raw honey and MCT oil at bedtime to help me sleep. I have been sleeping more deeply but I was wondering if it might be the cause of the early morning symptoms coming back. I eat paleo so sandwhiches aren't on my menu &

OJ is way to many carbs for me. That would send my anxiety through the roof. Should I stick with the honey and MCT oil or try something else or maybe go back to doing nothing before bed which is what I was doing. No food for three hours before bed. I think I may try that tonight and see if it makes any difference. Thank you for the wonderful suggestion though.

This group is so amazing.

Hugs and healing everyone,

T

HI T ,

I too am getting the horrible morning cortisol surges, starting sometimes around 4 am , and then several after that .... They really are awful! I do eat a nut butter sandwich before I go to bed , I don't know if it helps , I also can't drink OJ , or tolerate any citrus ... I wonder if some vit C would help along with the sandwich.......

One thing that does help me , but only after the fact , is I have some phosphatydylserine...Jarrow formulas , called PS100. It helps regulate cortisol . It calms me down right away if I open the gelcap and squeeze out the contents straight into my mouth . I only do this if it's an early cortisol surge , otherwise it makes me too tired , ( more tired than I already feel!) .

They say you can take it at bedtime too , I haven't tried that and not sure how it works fro early morning surges .

I know mine will pass with holding as I've had them before and they did stop . Hope yours do soon !

:smitten: I hope all goes well with the wedding too.

Vitamin C helped me with my am cortisol surges, along with the Adrenal Cocktail. I take 4-8 mgs a day in divided doses (pure ascorbic acid in pill form, no fillers).

https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200304/vitamin-c-stress-buster

Peace and healing to All.  :)

Thanks Left ... Do you mean grams of Vit C?

And do you use oj for the adrenal cocktail ?

I have the recipe , just can't do the oj ,

MiYu

Oops... yes, grams not milligrams...benzo brain appears to be in charge. I use a splash of OJ, sometimes none at all. I've "tinkered" with the adrenal cocktail recipe to better fit my needs... I double the salt to counter my constant battle with low sodium.

@[...]

Just my two cents worth . I was very 'livery' as well during the taper but ( for me) .I found tumeric supplement really helped. Almost noticeably from day one of taking it.. I lost that bloatedness and 'things' seemed to work better ! Might be worth a try for a week ? All the best Bertiexx

I should note that when I wrote PA, I was referring to a Physicians Assistance, not a Phsychiatrist.  Sorry for the miscommunication.

No miscommunication. I was trying to say that I thought a PA was a good choice because they are very good primary "doctors."  :thumbsup:

I think I'm missing something. What is the adrenal cocktail? I have issues with low sodium too, and low potassium. I drink too much water I think.

I've been taking Solaray time release Vit C 1000mg 2X a day. The article was really interesting. Thanks for all the input on the cortisol surges. I tried the PS a couple of times and instead of helping me it made me feel horrible. I'm also on surviving antidepressants and they have a thread on cortisol surges and things to help. Other people also tried the PS with varying results. Magnesium can also help by interrupting the ACTH release so it prevents or reduces the release of cortisol.

"Magnesium can suppress the ability of the hippocampus to stimulate the ultimate release of stress hormone, it can reduce the release of ACTH (the hormone that tells your adrenal glands to get in gear and pump out that cortisol and adrenaline), and it can reduce the responsiveness of the adrenal glands to ACTH. In addition, magnesium can act at the blood brain barrier to prevent the entrance of stress hormones into the brain." https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201106/magnesium-and-the-brain-the-original-chill-pill

I also have found that for morning surges a sleep mask to block out the light or a blackout curtain to block out the light helps to reduce the morning wakings and surges.

The conversation on sugar is fascinating.  A couple of months ago I noticed that when I had a bit more sugar than usual I felt better so I started eating more sugar on a regular basis. Then I started feeling bad again so I did a sugar detox and now I am in a wave. I did stop taking the honey at night and the morning cortisol surges stopped. Still waking with anxiety but not the adrenaline surges so not as intense. I think I need to find the level of sugar that works best for me. It makes me feel better that others find that sugar has been helpful in their healing as well. I wonder, though, why the honey caused problems for me????

Bertiexx -- I started taking 1/4 tsp of turmeric everyday and I think that it helped as well. How much do you take and how do you take it?

V--Congratulations on reaching the 75% mark  :yippee: I'm so excited for you.

Slowly -- I'm a curious one too so I found your question and the various answers to be fascinating.

MiYu -- that chocolate roll sounds delicious. I'm gluten free, super sensitive to it, so I live vicariously through other people's enjoyment of pastries and all things related to gluten. :sick::idiot::smitten:

I think the wedding is causing me to have a lot of stress which isn't helping with the wave. I want to go so badly though and now we're taking our daughter up and dropping her at the campground so we kind of have to go. I wonder if they'll have any chickens there?

All this talk about states putting more controls on benzo's makes me happy and nervous at the same time. I hope they grandfather in those of us who are tapering off of them. The contract that says they won't prescribe anymore if you commit a crime is scary. That would be a CT. There have been people that live in my state that have died because they were put in prison and not allowed to have their benzo's. Scary stuff.

My pdoc also said that most of his patients just stay on benzos. They don't want to go through the withdrawals so they just keep upping the dose. Of course he is retiring soon so I wonder what the new pdoc will say about that. I'm just hoping they let me continue to dictate my own taper schedule.

I was planning on starting my taper again after the wedding next weekend but this latest wave has been horrible and I just don't know what to do. It could take years to recover fully from the CT from my AD and I don't want to wait years to start my benzo taper. Any thoughts?

The conversation on here is fascinating and I love the fun that comes with it.

Hug to everyone, keep on healing.  :smitten: :smitten: :hug: :hug:

TNTD, here is the low down on the adrenal cocktail. I copied this post from Moodle when I first joined BB.  :)

(Moodle) I second this. It does get better.

I used adrenal cocktail for the surges at night, one cup of fresh orange juice ( not from concentrate ). Then add 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt and 1/4 teaspoon cream or tartar.

HERE IS WHY:

Stress causes the adrenal glands to fire off adrenaline. This gives you a burst of energy to deal with stressful situations. Adrenaline also raises the heart rate, increases respiration, dilates the pupils, slows down digestion and causes muscles to contract. It’s like caffeine on steroids!

So if you are stressed or upset it can be impossible to fall asleep, but why does it always wake you up at 3am?

3am is when your liver regenerates. To do so, it needs glycogen. The problem is that adrenaline causes your cells to use up glycogen. So if you are often stressed, your body may not have enough glycogen for the liver to regenerate at 3am. If your liver cannot get the glycogen it needs, your adrenal glands will compensate by releasing adrenalin, which is why you are wide awake and ready for action, not exactly a state you want to be in at 3am.

WHY IT WORKS

The Adrenal Cocktail is made up of ingredients that replenish vital organs and stabilize glucose levels.

-Fresh squeezed orange juice gives the liver glucose it needs to regenerate.

-Cream of tartar is high in potassium, an element that is essential for the sodium/potassium balance in cells, vital organs (liver), muscles, nerves, and the digestive system.

-Himalayan salt, contains 84 essential minerals and elements found in the human body, helping feed the adrenals and refresh body’s the sodium/potassium pump

I double the salt to 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt to compensate for the low sodium.

[b7...]