Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I updised the Valium 1/2,of 2.5 mg. Discouraged about that too. It didn't help.  Too soon???

It could very well be too soon. Or it could be not enough of an updose. Even if it was not enough, I would expect that holding where you're at, if your doctor allows, will bring relief. It's a tough call how much to updose. A really tough call and I have little experience, but my gut feeling is you did the right thing.

Gard :)

I am so far behind. I haven't been on the computer much because I was feeling so much better so I was busy doing other things. I made beeswax candles, that was a lot of fun. Unfortunately my fun came to an end today.

I woke up ok though my mornings have been starting to be bad again. Lots of adrenaline surges that shock me out of sleep. Not a fun way to wake up. I took my furbaby for a walk and about an hour or two later I started getting super anxious, having crying spells, etc. Not sure what happened. I've been doing ok. Not great windows but functional. I haven't been too functional today.

My husband left for a business trip this week and won't be back until Friday. It's a six hour drive. We also are preparing to go to a wedding and I found out that my daughter is probably going to drive up to it by herself. It's a two and a half hour drive into the middle of nowhere and that makes me nervous. The couple are getting married at a campground in what is called the northwoods. We are going to but because I need a fridge we are staying at a hotel and not the campground. She has to be there at between 4:30 and 5:30 and my husband won't even be off work yet by that time otherwise we would have her drive up with us. All of this stress, I'm wondering if that is what caused me to crash.

I'm not in a good frame of mind to catch up with the fifty pages I'm behind even though I would love to because I'm sure there's some fun stuff in there that would help my mood.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Hugs and healing,

T

Hi tntd.  Sorry about the recurrence of sxs. It sounds like you have a lot going on.  It is very hard to keep up with this group as it moves so fast.  Catch up when you feel better if you feel like it. 

Good to hear from you!  :)--V

Golly Lynn, you are describing my wdsx almost exactly.

I too have intermittent tingles in my hands and feet, neck tension and tinnitus.

Actually as I am now under 1 mg, just about all the other wdsx are just about gone. ( for now) And the ones that remain are really only blips.

And now that you mention tinnitus, I realize that mine is gone fir about three months now.

I attribute it all to the DMT I am doing at -.005 for ten days and the a little hold for about 8-10 days every so often when my body tells me.

It slow but it's working!

Thanks Lynn for sharing your experiences. You have helped many more people than you could ever have imagined.

Im so glad that things are going so well for you!

Heath :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I am so far behind. I haven't been on the computer much because I was feeling so much better so I was busy doing other things. I made beeswax candles, that was a lot of fun. Unfortunately my fun came to an end today.

I woke up ok though my mornings have been starting to be bad again. Lots of adrenaline surges that shock me out of sleep. Not a fun way to wake up. I took my furbaby for a walk and about an hour or two later I started getting super anxious, having crying spells, etc. Not sure what happened. I've been doing ok. Not great windows but functional. I haven't been too functional today.

My husband left for a business trip this week and won't be back until Friday. It's a six hour drive. We also are preparing to go to a wedding and I found out that my daughter is probably going to drive up to it by herself. It's a two and a half hour drive into the middle of nowhere and that makes me nervous. The couple are getting married at a campground in what is called the northwoods. We are going to but because I need a fridge we are staying at a hotel and not the campground. She has to be there at between 4:30 and 5:30 and my husband won't even be off work yet by that time otherwise we would have her drive up with us. All of this stress, I'm wondering if that is what caused me to crash.

I'm not in a good frame of mind to catch up with the fifty pages I'm behind even though I would love to because I'm sure there's some fun stuff in there that would help my mood.

Hugs and healing,

T

Hi T good to hear from you again, sorry things are not real good right now. Try eating a half nut butter sandwich right before bedtime and a glass of OJ, to help with the adrenal surges. Sounds like you do have a lot on your plate right now and stress can cause a uptick of sx, the one thing I remember well since I have been here at BB, that we are going to have to find a new way of handling stress, I think this is very true. But right now you have to get through the next few days, and you will, hopefully things will go well and you will find some relief from feeling not so good. Sending you much support and Stay Strong. :)  

Golly Lynn, you are describing my wdsx almost exactly.

I too have intermittent tingles in my hands and feet, neck tension and tinnitus.

Actually as I am now under 1 mg, just about all the other wdsx are just about gone. ( for now) And the ones that remain are really only blips.

And now that you mention tinnitus, I realize that mine is gone fir about three months now.

I attribute it all to the DMT I am doing at -.005 for ten days and the a little hold for about 8-10 days every so often when my body tells me.

It slow but it's working!

Thanks Lynn for sharing your experiences. You have helped many more people than you could ever have imagined.

Im so glad that things are going so well for you!

Heath :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Heath!  It sure sounds like you are doing great!  Very happy about that! :smitten:

Hugs and healing,

T

Sorry about all the extra stress, tntd. Could very well be what brought on your wave. Or it could be one of those random things that benzos like to do to us. I hope it passes and you are able to go up to the wedding. I'm sure your daughter will be fine, but we moms will worry.

If you look back you will see V spent a week going to math classes. He posted a complex problem from the class that crashed all our brains. Then he confessed he googled the answer!  :nono:

Gard :)

You guys are so great. Thank you so much BeGood, V, and Gard. Gard, you already made me laugh :) I'm sure you're right and my daughter will be fine, and my husband on his return trip on Friday. The stress of my family traveling has always caused anxiety for me. I think being extra sensitive to it now just makes everything worse.

I've been having 1 tsp of raw honey and MCT oil at bedtime to help me sleep. I have been sleeping more deeply but I was wondering if it might be the cause of the early morning symptoms coming back. I eat paleo so sandwhiches aren't on my menu &

OJ is way to many carbs for me. That would send my anxiety through the roof. Should I stick with the honey and MCT oil or try something else or maybe go back to doing nothing before bed which is what I was doing. No food for three hours before bed. I think I may try that tonight and see if it makes any difference. Thank you for the wonderful suggestion though.

This group is so amazing.

Hugs and healing everyone,

T

You guys are so great. Thank you so much BeGood, V, and Gard. Gard, you already made me laugh :) I'm sure you're right and my daughter will be fine, and my husband on his return trip on Friday. The stress of my family traveling has always caused anxiety for me. I think being extra sensitive to it now just makes everything worse.

I've been having 1 tsp of raw honey and MCT oil at bedtime to help me sleep. I have been sleeping more deeply but I was wondering if it might be the cause of the early morning symptoms coming back. I eat paleo so sandwhiches aren't on my menu &

OJ is way to many carbs for me. That would send my anxiety through the roof. Should I stick with the honey and MCT oil or try something else or maybe go back to doing nothing before bed which is what I was doing. No food for three hours before bed. I think I may try that tonight and see if it makes any difference. Thank you for the wonderful suggestion though.

This group is so amazing.

Hugs and healing everyone,

T

I understand about diet choices, I think the honey is fine. The reason for the nut sandwich and OJ is because something goes on with our Liver during the night and they seem to give glucose the liver needs, so I think the Honey should be fine I do not know what MCT is. I think you are going to be fine, you have a great attitude and that is a big plus. Have a nice time at the Wedding. :)

Hey TNTD, Begood,

Sure is nice to be able to NOT eat before bedtime.I wish I could eat nothing 3 hours before bedtime!!!!

But I just get so hungry! Even when I eat a big dinner!

Any suggestions about what is ok to eat before bed so I don't put weight on. I'm not a fat person at all but I do have to be careful like anyone else about putting on weight now that I am on the othersirde of middle age.

If I don't eat when I am hungry, I can't fall asleep!

What to do??

Heath

Hey TNTD, Begood,

Sure is nice to be able to NOT eat before bedtime.I wish I could eat nothing 3 hours before bedtime!!!!

But I just get so hungry! Even when I eat a big dinner!

Any suggestions about what is ok to eat before bed so I don't put weight on. I'm not a fat person at all but I do have to be careful like anyone else about putting on weight now that I am on the othersirde of middle age.

If I don't eat when I am hungry, I can't fall asleep!

What to do??

Heath

Something light but that is not always so yummy, OJ and a tablespoon of nut butter with half slice of bread or a few crackers.  :)

Begood,

MCT oil is Medium Chain Triglycerides and they go straight to the liver to be processed. The combo of honey and MCT oil is to help the liver in the same way that the nut sandwhich and OJ do. I found it in the Bulletproof Diet book. He had some other suggestions since everyone is different in what they need and what will work to help them sleep better.

Heath,

LOL, I've been doing nothing but gaining weight the past couple of months. I haven't changed what I've been eating so I don't know what is going on but it sure is frustrating. That said I really don't know what you could eat before bed that would help you not gain weight. I think you could try some different things out. I'll have to go check out the Bulltetproof Diet book I have upstairs and see what his other suggestions are, maybe one of them will work for you. I usually don't eat three hours before bed because I have a hiatal hernia and if I eat to close to bedtime I end up with esophogeal reflux and that is really no fun. It doesn't help me sleep either! So far the honey and MCT oil haven't caused that problem.

Anyone else have problems with weight gain while tapering. Most people I've been reading about have problems with weight loss. Sigh. Oh well. I can't exercise yet either because that still spikes my cortisol and sends my anxiety way up. Well, actually I can walk so currently I walk the dog but that stops when it gets cold out.

Well, I'm Skyping with my amazing husband and all of us have much diet thoughts to ponder.  :P

Hugs everyone,

T

Hey everyone. What is a nut sandwich? I've never heard or it. Also I saw TNTd mentioned that exercise can raise cortisol levels. I know that is a hormone but how does it affect us in withdrawal? What do I need to know about it?

Thanks everyone.

Nut is peanut butter (for regular folks like me) or some fancier type of nuts.  There is a theory that a peanut butter sandwich at bedtime helps the morning surges.  OJ, too.

Don't know about the exercise/cortisol thing.

Nut is peanut butter (for regular folks like me) or some fancier type of nuts.  There is a theory that a peanut butter sandwich at bedtime helps the morning surges.  OJ, too.

Don't know about the exercise/cortisol thing.

Technically speaking, peanuts are a legume, so some people don't eat them (not Paleo, allergies, etc.). But you can buy "butter" made from what people call "tree nuts" to distinguish from peanuts. Almond butter and cashew butter are the most common. Maybe common isn't the right word, because they are expensive! I've heard the nut butter and OJ thing but I haven't tried it. I'm trying so hard not to eat at bedtime. Seroquel, which is my sleep aid, makes you starving! If I started, I would eat half the jar of peanut butter! Scooping it up with chocolate for good measure!  ::)

Hey everyone. What is a nut sandwich? I've never heard or it. Also I saw TNTd mentioned that exercise can raise cortisol levels. I know that is a hormone but how does it affect us in withdrawal? What do I need to know about it?

Thanks everyone.

Cortisol is a hormone that increases during physical and psychological stress. It's usually at a high level in the morning which is why mornings are so dreadful for many in benzo withdrawal. Exercise does raise cortisol levels but it also helps regulate brain functioning so there is a trade off.  :)--V

Thanks Lynn, Gard and Valley. I learn something everyday . Even in withdrawal. I have noticed mornings can be worse and exercise ramps up my symptoms. Now I know why. I appreciate all your help.

I went to Detox... :) :) :)

-they loved me...!! -not...

Anyways... Avoid...

***what jobs would suit benzo WD??

Post accident, all the OT's Could agree with was my suggestions of Orthopeidic Model, or Master Mattress Tester...

:)

Ooooh mattress tester sounds like my ideal  :laugh:

Although the vertigo might make me suitable for a job on a boat - maybe taking tourists around on a fishing boat, cos i wouldn't notice the rocking motion, I'd just treat it as normal  :crazy:

lol, You should have seen me walking through the shops after weeks at sea... -lucky I didnt get arrested as drunk..!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I would love to have seen that Cant  :smitten:

Oddly enough I am very good at sea, runs in my family I think...although so does drunkenness  :laugh:

I have only been on the Thames transport boats since I had vertigo, oh and also a small ferry in Scotland.

Didn't seem to make much difference..

Slowly,

Yes, distraction and acceptance.

I think it was Dr. Claire Weekes who said " acceptance dulls the edge of fear".

So true!

While also, after a long hold, when I cut again and experience all the horrid sxs, it's almost like getting them for the first time all over again. Like, we didn't learn or have to relearn acceptance all over again. It's a crazy process isn't it?

We do get better at making it through nonetheless and I can only hope that at the end I can step off with little or no more aftermath than what I experience after cut. :smitten:

Take care.

ATU 🙏🏻

I find that so true.

As you say, we are going to get the return of the vertigo with each cut, probably, but I just keep telling myself it is in my brain, I'm coping with it and I am living ok with it however much I dislike it.

Oddly enough, but this might just be me, I have found that doing my usual walking, swimming tennis [not 3 sets  ;D]    and  other light exercising actually seems to help.

That could just be distraction but can it be helping my brain by helping it to deal with movement?

I don't know, I'm no expert but I'm just doing what seems to work for me 

Take care and stay well  :smitten: I hope we both "step off" like Lynn has. :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone.

Cortisol is a hormone that increases during physical and psychological stress. It's usually at a high level in the morning which is why mornings are so dreadful for many in benzo withdrawal. Exercise does raise cortisol levels but it also helps regulate brain functioning so there is a trade off.  :)--V

Thanks for that Valley :thumbsup:

I was starting to think I was weird because exercise actually seems to help my symptoms.

it helps with anxiety and seems to help my vertigo as well.

Perhaps my brain is easily confused  :laugh::wacko:

Or is it just that my exercise is a distraction because I enjoy it  :-\

Anyway it works for me.

...for some unknown reason ( :o) I had a craving for peanut butter toast...and just finished it.  :D

:laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: toast is my favourite snack before bed but it is around 2-3 hours before bed when I feel like a snack - I loathe peanuts and "real" nut as well, always have since childhood, but i love buttered toast.

I have lost 20lbs in weight since I started tapering,which was just about a year ago, so a nice, not too fast weight loss.

Still losing but I like the way it looks and feels and I like having to buy new clothes :laugh:

The benzos had put around 30lbs that amount on me in the 2 and a half years I was taking them so I look at this as getting back to normal.

I don't know why or how benzos make me gain weight  does anyone know?

I expect Valley will know.

Is it because they slowed me down?

Or did they make me eat more?

I certainly feel more energetic since my dose has decreased by two thirds despite w/ds which is how I came to choose the name slowlyimproving.

...for some unknown reason ( :o) I had a craving for peanut butter toast...and just finished it.  :D

:laugh: :laugh: toast is my favourite snack before bed but it is around 2-3 hours before bed when I feel like a snack - I loathe peanuts and "real" nut as well, always have since childhood, but i love buttered toast.

I have lost 20lbs in weight since I started tapering,which was just about a year ago, so a nice, not too fast weight loss.

Still losing but I like the way it looks and feels and I like having to buy new clothes :laugh:

The benzos had put around 30lbs that amount on me in the 2 and a half years I was taking them so I look at this as getting back to normal.

I certainly feel more energetic since my dose has decreased by two thirds despite w/ds which is how I came to choose the name slowlyimproving.

I've lost 20lbs as well (maybe 25) and had to buy new clothes twice.  That brainiac Gard corrected me on the "nut butter" issue but all the talk had me downstairs fixing toast w/peanut butter (and milk chocolate Ensure).  I almost had to go back down for a chocolate bar and the full jar of peanut butter.  Gard has a habit of talking about delicious stuff after I've brushed my teeth... :D

I don't intentionally exercise - have always disliked the gym.  I do like more natural forms of it and have noticed no real difference - but am often a nice relaxed tired at day's end. :thumbsup:

I've lost 20lbs as well (maybe 25) and had to buy new clothes twice.  That brainiac Gard corrected me on the "nut butter" issue but all the talk had me downstairs fixing toast w/peanut butter (and milk chocolate Ensure).  I almost had to go back down for a chocolate bar and the full jar of peanut butter.  Gard has a habit of talking about delicious stuff after I've brushed my teeth... :D

I don't intentionally exercise - have always disliked the gym.  I do like more natural forms of it and have noticed no real difference - but am often a nice relaxed tired at day's end. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Great!

I hate gyms too so my exercise is mainly walking and I'm in a tennis club which has its own swimming pool so I make use of my membership and swim 3 times a week and play tennis - which to me is huge enjoyment and I've played since I was at school.

Yup ok I'm weird :crazy::idiot:

I'm so glad you are doing well Lynn  :thumbsup::smitten:

Gard is naughty with the food stuff  :laugh:

:thumbsup: Great!

I hate gyms too so my exercise is mainly walking and I'm in a tennis club which has its own swimming pool so I make use of my membership and swim 3 times a week and play tennis - which to me is huge enjoyment and I've played since I was at school.

Yup ok I'm weird :crazy::idiot:

I'm so glad you are doing well Lynn  :thumbsup::smitten:

Gard is naughty with the food stuff  :laugh:

Yes I've bought new clothes twice now.

Lost at least 3 sizes.

Was trying to use up some cotton tops around the house, only got them just over a year ago but they were just too baggy and I've given up and chucked them.

Expensive but even the buying of clothes lessens the valium depression.

So glad I'm divorced now, my ex would be going mad - or even wearing the tops himself  to avoid waste :laugh:

[4a...]