Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Huge cuts like that can take a while to recover from. Everyone is different- some benefit from updosing but some just ride it out because its likely to be bumpy no matter what. I had a large accidental " cut" earlier this year and I wasnt back to my " baseline" type symptoms for many months. Dont get discouraged but do pay attention- if your body told you it didnt like that big cut LISTEN to it and keep your cuts small. You can always make more later but you cant UNDO a big cut. All you can do is be patient and ride it out. Good luck❤️❤️❤️

Healing seeker,

Yes, wd can and does cause dizziness.  I had some that hung around for a few weeks last Spring.  This was very debilitating and what prompted my 4 month hold.

As to your updose, I wouldn't expect any results for a week or two given lag times.  Maybe others will chime in on that as I've never updosed (well, except for my c/t at the very beginning :idiot:).

post crossed with kiity

And those bastard clinics are all the same! I have a masters in counseling ( not that kind, for disabled folks trying to work BUT I had classes...) to these people everyone who is habituated or whatever word anyone wants to use is an ADDICT. They look at us just the same as someone on heroin or an alcoholic and they will treat us just the same. They know nothing about the kind of chemistry changes that go on in the brain and how long it takes ours to get back to where we need to be. I shudder to think how many people are in the shape they are because they went to these uninformed, overpriced, dangerous places. Put a skull n crossbones sign over every one of them if you are a benzo user- once they talk about getting you off fast that is all you need to know- its time to hang up the phone!

So hi I'm back....I went to the ENT yesterday for the vertigo.  He spent 3 minutes with me after I had a hearing test.....said there was nothing wrong with my inner ear....and dismissed me .  Wants me to go to vestibular therapy ( physical therapy).  Hoping I can drive...have an appt today

People have commented on my cutting 2.5 mg of Valium in a month and perhaps that is the reason I'm having so many sxs.  I updosed 1/2 of the 2.5 last night.....didn't seem to help...I'm extremely panicky.  I guess I just need to continue to take this amount????....or did I completely screw up??

Can withdrawal cause this kind of hugging the walls vertigo and fatigue.

This group is so friendly.  Thanks for your input.. I'm grateful

Hey, no more than I screwed up with my 50% cut...!!

But Yes, I would think it would fairly hit you... we r all different though..

Mine was following a 6 month hold, so its clear how that cut unfolded... (though it involved other meds too)

-day 11 -bad as usual... Then a few great days... then worsening for 2 months, new SX -chaos... then the flu, and I updosed 25%... probably not enough, but i have to wait the flu, antibiotics and increase, out to see where I end up...

Holding is the safer way, but if your beyond that and suffering badly, then things change..

So I do think your probably right adding at least half back at this point... You will catch it up again before you are done, with a slower steady taper anyway... (less interruptions)

Dose correction can be very individual...

For me, within 2weeks its a day or two...

Further out and it seems to take a bit longer for some... -weeks, even months, in some instances...

Only my last time was beyond 2 weeks, -too complicated to be an example..

Wall hugging seems fairly common by posts to the general boards... As does a lot of ENT stuff..

Hang in there...

So hi I'm back....I went to the ENT yesterday for the vertigo.  He spent 3 minutes with me after I had a hearing test.....said there was nothing wrong with my inner ear....and dismissed me .  Wants me to go to vestibular therapy ( physical therapy).  Hoping I can drive...have an appt today

People have commented on my cutting 2.5 mg of Valium in a month and perhaps that is the reason I'm having so many sxs.  I updosed 1/2 of the 2.5 last night.....didn't seem to help...I'm extremely panicky.  I guess I just need to continue to take this amount????....or did I completely screw up??

Yes vertigo is my most persistent symptom, and the one I really hate.

I've had it very badly after a too big cut, which mine were before finding this group.

Floor coming up to meet me, me falling over on to the cat etc.

if you hold for a good while it should go away - mine has just gone about a week ago after a 2 month hold and I'm still going to hold another month to make sure.

I believe it is also a symptom of an inner ear problem but because of your taper it is more likely to be w/d.

Valley has it too, and a few others in this group.

[sorry, my post crossed with Cant's :)]

And those bastard clinics are all the same! I have a masters in counseling ( not that kind, for disabled folks trying to work BUT I had classes...) to these people everyone who is habituated or whatever word anyone wants to use is an ADDICT. They look at us just the same as someone on heroin or an alcoholic and they will treat us just the same. They know nothing about the kind of chemistry changes that go on in the brain and how long it takes ours to get back to where we need to be. I shudder to think how many people are in the shape they are because they went to these uninformed, overpriced, dangerous places. Put a skull n crossbones sign over every one of them if you are a benzo user- once they talk about getting you off fast that is all you need to know- its time to hang up the phone!

Yes that seems to be the case.

The friend I knew who went into one was treated horribly and called an addict.

In fact the word "addict" was usually preceded by less kind words.

I did toy with going at one point last year  but I'm so glad I didn't.

Healing, Don't give up. An updose can take awhile to take effect. As for vertigo and fatigue, I've have bouts of extreme fatigue. I'll let others comment on vertigo.

Gard :)

I went to Detox... :) :) :)

-they loved me...!! -not...

Anyways... Avoid...

***what jobs would suit benzo WD??

Post accident, all the OT's Could agree with was my suggestions of Orthopeidic Model, or Master Mattress Tester...

:)

Healing,

Yes, it is so. Such a large cut can indeed cause vertigo as well as a bunch of other sxs one may be subject to.

If the cut was caught early an immediate updose may help within a few days but the more time that passes means the updose will take longer to kick in.

I have had both these sxs. The dizziness I'm happy to say doesn't visit me much any more.

Stay strong and absorb all the great advise this group has to offer. While we are all different and react in a particular way to this withdrawal process, there are nevertheless many common aspects that we all share and suffer from.

Peace & Healing

ATU 🙏🏻

Anyways... Avoid...

Post accident, all the OT's Could agree with was my suggestions of Orthopeidic Model, or Master Mattress Tester...

Ooooh mattress tester sounds like my ideal  :laugh:

Although the vertigo might make me suitable for a job on a boat - maybe taking tourists around on a fishing boat, cos i wouldn't notice the rocking motion, I'd just treat it as normal  :crazy:

Healing,

Yes, it is so. Such a large cut can indeed cause vertigo as well as a bunch of other sxs one may be subject to.

If the cut was caught early an immediate updose may help within a few days but the more time that passes means the updose will take longer to kick in.

I have had both these sxs. The dizziness I'm happy to say doesn't visit me much any more.

Well ATU I wish it wouldn't visit me, it's not my favourite visitor :laugh:

It does seem to go away more quickly though, the lower I get with my taper, but I always expect it after every cut and it doesn't let me down  :)

Since I realised that it was a common w\d I must admit it doesn't bother me quite as much.

it's nasty but at least I'm not scared of it as I was at first.

Distraction seems to help too.

Anyways... Avoid...

Ooooh mattress tester sounds like my ideal  :laugh:

Although the vertigo might make me suitable for a job on a boat - maybe taking tourists around on a fishing boat, cos i wouldn't notice the rocking motion, I'd just treat it as normal  :crazy:

lol, You should have seen me walking through the shops after weeks at sea... -lucky I didnt get arrested as drunk..!!

Slowly,

Yes, distraction and acceptance.

I think it was Dr. Claire Weekes who said " acceptance dulls the edge of fear".

So true!

While also, after a long hold, when I cut again and experience all the horrid sxs, it's almost like getting them for the first time all over again. Like, we didn't learn or have to relearn acceptance all over again. It's a crazy process isn't it?

We do get better at making it through nonetheless and I can only hope that at the end I can step off with little or no more aftermath than what I experience after cut. :smitten:

Take care.

ATU 🙏🏻

OH YES,WITHDRAWAL CAN DEFINITELY CAUSE MAJOR DIZZINESS, and VERTIGO.

I ONCE HAD IT SO BAD I HAD TO STAY IN BED EXCEPT TO USE THE BATHROOM. I HAD TO HOLD ONTO THE WALLS OR I WOULD HAVE FALLEN DOWN EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. I REMEMER THINKING IT WAS ONE OF the  WORST AND SCARIEST FEELINGS I HAD. I WAS LUCKY BECAUSE IT ONLY LASTED REALLY BAD FOR A DAY OR TWO. THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS IT WAS JUST , MORE LIKE, UNBALANCED AND I had to Walk cautiously. Then it was gone.

It came back but much less severely about two times after that as I tapered, maybe every couple of months, but very mildly.

I feel for you alright! It is an awful feeling. But it will go away. IMO in sounds exactly like a common withdrawal side effect.

OH ... also.... Begood gave me good advice at the time. That was to keep my focus in one point in the room. It did help somewhat but nothing took the vertigo away completelyuntil it was ready to go away by itself.

I see you have heard this from others here but I thought I would chime in too.

Hope your vertigo leaves you real Soon!

Heath :smitten::therethere::mybuddy:

Healing seeker,

Yes, wd can and does cause dizziness.  I had some that hung around for a few weeks last Spring.  This was very debilitating and what prompted my 4 month hold.

As to your updose, I wouldn't expect any results for a week or two given lag times.  Maybe others will chime in on that as I've never updosed (well, except for my c/t at the very beginning :idiot:).

post crossed with kiity

Lynn,

When you started your liquid micro taper at .09, what percentage did you  cut at that point forward and how often generally.

Thanks

Hi guys.

I'm back from physical therapy....and they did not recommend vestibular therapy.....cause the vertigo is withdrawal ......so I'm home...I did drive and it was over a half hour of driving .....scary

I guess I just wait it out.

Discouaged 👎🏻

Hi guys.

I'm back from physical therapy....and they did not recommend vestibular therapy.....cause the vertigo is withdrawal ......so I'm home...I did drive and it was over a half hour of driving .....scary

I guess I just wait it out.

Discouaged

Oh no, dont be discouraged.  ;):nono: These things happen ! And the vertigo may be gone very soon, Maybe tomorrow!. Sometimes relief is right around the corner. Just kept telling yourself that!

Hang in there Healing Seeker! You can do this!

Heath :smitten:;):therethere: : :mybuddy:

Give it a couple of days...

But seriously there are no rules for this... -trial and error sometimes...

You may?? Even have to go right back up AND hold awhile.. -Lets hope not, for now...

You guys are great. Someone responds almost immediately.  Thanks for making me feel so welcome.

Thank you thank you thank you

Healing seeker,

post crossed with kiity

Lynn,

When you started your liquid micro taper at .09, what percentage did you  cut at that point forward and how often generally.

Thanks

Hi Serenitee,

At .090 I began dropping .005mgs every 10 days.  That worked well for me.  Often I seemed to get a little bit of a second wave of wd around day 8 but was good to go on day 10.  It was just a matter of recognizing the pattern.  I took this all the way down to .005, at which point I walked off.

Healing seeker,

post crossed with kiity

Lynn,

Thanks

Hi Serenitee,

At .090 I began dropping .005mgs every 10 days.  That worked well for me.  Often I seemed to get a little bit of a second wave of wd around day 8 but was good to go on day 10.  It was just a matter of recognizing the pattern.  I took this all the way down to .005, at which point I walked off.

Are still doing well Lynn?

Serenitee,

Yes, I am doing quite well.  I have a few minor things going on but they are generally only noticeable on waking.  These are:  T, neck tension, vibrating in feet.  Last night I woke up at 1am and these were a little more pronounced - but nothing more than I have experienced after cuts the past few months.  I expect a little coming and going over the next few months.  Tomorrow is 3wks and I can say that I feel great.  I've had nothing more than the mild stuff I've had for months and mostly don't feel anything in terms of wd.  The neck and T are generally quite low or gone.  I'm not sure what the deal is with the feet but it's not painful - just annoying.

Serenitee,

Yes, I am doing quite well.  I have a few minor things going on but they are generally only noticeable on waking.  These are:  T, neck tension, vibrating in feet.  Last night I woke up at 1am and these were a little more pronounced - but nothing more than I have experienced after cuts the past few months.  I expect a little coming and going over the next few months.  Tomorrow is 3wks and I can say that I feel great.  I've had nothing more than the mild stuff I've had for months and mostly don't feel anything in terms of wd.  The neck and T are generally quite low or gone.  I'm not sure what the deal is with the feet but it's not painful - just annoying.

Great to hear Lynn!    :smitten:

I am so far behind. I haven't been on the computer much because I was feeling so much better so I was busy doing other things. I made beeswax candles, that was a lot of fun. Unfortunately my fun came to an end today.

I woke up ok though my mornings have been starting to be bad again. Lots of adrenaline surges that shock me out of sleep. Not a fun way to wake up. I took my furbaby for a walk and about an hour or two later I started getting super anxious, having crying spells, etc. Not sure what happened. I've been doing ok. Not great windows but functional. I haven't been too functional today.

My husband left for a business trip this week and won't be back until Friday. It's a six hour drive. We also are preparing to go to a wedding and I found out that my daughter is probably going to drive up to it by herself. It's a two and a half hour drive into the middle of nowhere and that makes me nervous. The couple are getting married at a campground in what is called the northwoods. We are going to but because I need a fridge we are staying at a hotel and not the campground. She has to be there at between 4:30 and 5:30 and my husband won't even be off work yet by that time otherwise we would have her drive up with us. All of this stress, I'm wondering if that is what caused me to crash.

I'm not in a good frame of mind to catch up with the fifty pages I'm behind even though I would love to because I'm sure there's some fun stuff in there that would help my mood.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Hugs and healing,

T

[3e...]