Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Glad you are better Cant :), and so we will see...can "Cant Behave" wishing you well, and many healing "Turtle" {{{{"HUGS"}}}}

Oh -Pull your head in...!!! -as only a turtle can...

Been dying to say that..!! And yes, -I know I will pay... :(

Thanks BG... -Forever lifting us up...

Little better every day now... -but other stuff now... -not to worry, something will fall into place...

How r u doing? -is it 2 more days of cuts??

-u do it with style..!! The quiet achiever...

:)

Hi Cant thanks for the nice shout out. Such a charming "TURTLE" I do not know about lifting up much as these old turtle shells are mighty heavy... ;D. I will be done tomorrow, brew down the hatch for today, I will be changing amt on ticker soon. Cant you make things better for many here at BB, you are truly one of the Unsung Hero's carry on as only can, things got brighter here on BB when you joined. :)

Hi everyone. I have been pretty quiet lately battling through my last cut.

I am at day 19 now but because I sort of M/T my way down to this level this time. I took a week to gradually cut this time, my sxs are hanging on longer it seems.

My main sx right now seems to be terrible neck stiffness. That kind that is alway there and makes you feel like you can't swallow properly, that and real bad sleep. Other than that Im fine. :sick:

I will catch up on the boards in next few days but a I want to say hi and express my gratitude for all the support from you guys.

ATU 🙏🏻

Hey ATU,

Sorry you are having some issues right now.  I had the neck tension throughout and often the feeling that someone was strangling me with their bare hands (the squeezing).

Hope it lightens up very soon!  Mine lessoned as I got lower and is now decreasing daily.

Glad you are better Cant :), and so we will see...can "Cant Behave" wishing you well, and many healing "Turtle" {{{{"HUGS"}}}}

Little better every day now... -but other stuff now... -not to worry, something will fall into place...

Hi Cant thanks for the nice shout out. Such a charming "TURTLE" I do not know about lifting up much as these old turtle shells are mighty heavy... ;D. I will be done tomorrow, brew down the hatch for today, I will be changing amt on ticker soon. Cant you make things better for many here at BB, you are truly one of the Unsung Hero's carry on as only can, things got brighter here on BB when you joined. :)

Awww... -So sweet..!! -and only $9:99 per word... -with the option on a used car, only driven sundays by a Chook..!!

An MC Industries incentive??

Well I have a car for you, Miss Daisy...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv9a3-LVxL24L_RKnzCqRSubBfg0HLMxdkYXfBmmBSz6rlS6y8V7NwCivb

I am at day 19 now but because I sort of M/T my way down to this level this time. I took a week to gradually cut this time, my sxs are hanging on longer it seems.

My main sx right now seems to be terrible neck stiffness. That kind that is alway there and makes you feel like you can't swallow properly, that and real bad sleep. Other than that Im fine. :sick:

I will catch up on the boards in next few days but a I want to say hi and express my gratitude for all the support from you guys.

ATU 🙏🏻

ATU I am thinking of you, This taper period for me has brought on a stiff neck and causing head pressure one area of my skull, I have arthritis and then the lessening of Valium a well known muscle relaxant, I am hoping that as the days go it will get better and it has, but not all the way. Stay strong you are going to beat this. :)

Awww... -So sweet..!! -and only $9:99 per word... -with the option on a used car, only driven sundays by a Chook..!!

An MC Industries incentive??

Well I have a car for you, Miss Daisy...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv9a3-LVxL24L_RKnzCqRSubBfg0HLMxdkYXfBmmBSz6rlS6y8V7NwCivb

Awww just the car of My Dreams, how did you know, love it, thanks for finding it for me. :smitten:

ATU 🙏🏻

Good to hear from you, ATU. Hope you get your window soon! :smitten:

Hey ATU,

Sorry you are having some issues right now.  I had the neck tension throughout and often the feeling that someone was strangling me with their bare hands (the squeezing).

Hope it lightens up very soon!  Mine lessoned as I got lower and is now decreasing daily.

Lynn,

Thanks for the supportive response.

Did anything help with the choking feeling? I have tried heating pad cold pack, stretches on you tube.,etc. But nothing seems to help.

ATU 🙏🏻

Begood, Gard, Cantfly.

Thank you all for taking the time to send wishes for better days.

I am usually very strong through this stuff but the choking feeling I fear sometimes gets me in its grip and then the cycle of sx fear sx kicks in.

I'm sure it will pass soon.

I wish you all joyous days ahead!

ATU 🙏🏻

ATU 🙏🏻

I have had excruciating neck pain which radiates into a nervy achey pain in my arms at times during my taper and actually the last year prior to starting my taper.

I am a month and a half into a hold and about 70% done with my taper and I can happily report that along with my anxiety being almost non existent, my neck and arm pain have decreased dramatically . I have high hopes that when I am done, my neck tension will slowly ease off to a very low level.

So hang in there, I think much of your neck tension will eventually fade.

Best Wishes.

This is one of the problems we did. Makes your head hurt.... doesn't it? LOL  :)--V

Task

The 20 students in Mr. Wolf's 4th grade class are playing a game in a hallway that is lined with 20 lockers in a row.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/illustrativemathematics/images/000/002/219/max/2_eb5955ce385e777303f25f6b8c2455af.jpg?1368797737

The first student starts with the first locker and goes down the hallway and opens all the lockers.

The second student starts with the second locker and goes down the hallway and shuts every other locker.

The third student stops at every third locker and opens the locker if it is closed or closes the locker if it is open.

The fourth student stops at every fourth locker and opens the locker if it is closed or closes the locker if it is open.

This process continues until all 20 students in the class have passed through the hallway.

Which lockers are still open at the end of the game? Explain your reasoning.

Which lockers were touched by only two students? Explain your reasoning.

Which lockers were touched by only three students? Explain your reasoning.

Which lockers were touched the most?

GOOD GRIEF!

DEAR LORD!! HELP!

Are you ok Valley? ;)

Doing great slowly! Thanks for asking. Hope you are well! :)--V

ATU 🙏🏻

I hope the stiff neck goes away soon ATU. I have had it off and on throughout my taper and can empathize.  :)--V

Hey ATU,

Lynn,

Thanks for the supportive response.

Did anything help with the choking feeling? I have tried heating pad cold pack, stretches on you tube.,etc. But nothing seems to help.

ATU 🙏🏻

Nothing seemed to help much ATU.  It sure is an odd/disturbing sensation.  I tried to ignore it as best I could.  As to the neck muscle strain, stiffness and pain, the only thing that ever gave me relief was a very hot shower with the water pulsating on the back of my neck/shoulders.  I used to find that this lowered the T as well.  I guess it's all tied together.

ATU 🙏🏻

I have had excruciating neck pain which radiates into a nervy achey pain in my arms at times during my taper and actually the last year prior to starting my taper.

I am a month and a half into a hold and about 70% done with my taper and I can happily report that along with my anxiety being almost non existent, my neck and arm pain have decreased dramatically . I have high hopes that when I am done, my neck tension will slowly ease off to a very low level.

So hang in there, I think much of your neck tension will eventually fade.

Best Wishes.

This is great news Serenitee!  I think keeping things at a low level is important for a smooth walk-off. :thumbsup:

Serenity, Valley Um,

Thanks for your replies. I know many of us suffer from these sxs and I ought to know how to just breath and get through it all.

I wish you both health and happiness!

Lynn,

Thanks for getting back to me,..I will try the hot pulsing shower thing.

Peace & Healing

ATU 🙏🏻

This is one of the problems we did. Makes your head hurt.... doesn't it? LOL  :)--V

Task

The 20 students in Mr. Wolf's 4th grade class are playing a game in a hallway that is lined with 20 lockers in a row.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/illustrativemathematics/images/000/002/219/max/2_eb5955ce385e777303f25f6b8c2455af.jpg?1368797737

The first student starts with the first locker and goes down the hallway and opens all the lockers.

The second student starts with the second locker and goes down the hallway and shuts every other locker.

The third student stops at every third locker and opens the locker if it is closed or closes the locker if it is open.

The fourth student stops at every fourth locker and opens the locker if it is closed or closes the locker if it is open.

This process continues until all 20 students in the class have passed through the hallway.

GOOD GRIEF!

DEAR LORD!! HELP!

Are you ok Valley? ;)

I spotted this even though I am not in the long hold support group. It intrigued me.

4,9,16 are still open

2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19

4, 9

12, 18, 20 were touched 6 times

Not sure about the reasoning bit.  Too tired to fathom it out.  Let me know if my answers are correct.

Task

GOOD GRIEF!

DEAR LORD!! HELP!

Are you ok Valley? ;)

I spotted this even though I am not in the long hold support group. It intrigued me.

4,9,16 are still open

4, 9

Not sure about the reasoning bit.  Too tired to fathom it out.  Let me know if my answers are correct.

Hi Lookingfoward and welcome!  You are welcome here anytime even if you're not holding.

You nailed the answers!  The key is below. :)--V

The lockers that are still open are perfect squares, specifically 1×1, 2×2, 3×3, and 4×4. To see why this is true, first note that:

The 1st student changes all the lockers with a locker number that is a multiple of 1.

The 2nd student changes all the lockers with a locker number that is a multiple of 2.

The 3rd student changes all the lockers with a locker number that is a multiple of 3.

The 4th student changes all the lockers with a locker number that is a multiple of 4.

and so on. So a locker is touched by a student if that student's number is a factor of that locker's number.

Now consider the factors of 16 which are 1, 2, 4, 8, and 16. This means the 16th locker was opened by the 1st student, then it was closed by the 2nd student, then it was opened by the 4th student, then it was closed by the second 8th student, and then opened one last time by the 16th student. Now note that the square numbers are the only numbers with an odd number of factors (all other numbers have factors which come in pairs.) Since an odd number of factors means the locker will be changed an odd number of times, it must be open at the end.

With only 20 lockers, students can simply observe this fact about the number of factors to be true for the numbers 1 to 20, which gives practice with finding factors of whole numbers. The explanation for why this is always true goes a bit beyond 4th grade.

The lockers that were touched by only two students are the prime numbers (since prime numbers only have two factors.) In our case they are 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, and 19.

The lockers which are touched by only three students are the squares of prime numbers (because these are the only numbers which have three factors.) In our case they are 4 and 9. (For example, 4 has three factors: 1, 2, and 4)

The lockers which are touched the most are those lockers whose number has the most factors. In our case 12, 18, and 20 all have 6 factors, so they were each touched 6 times.

12=1×12=2×6=3×4

18=1×18=2×9=3×6

20=1×20=2×10=4×5

Task

GOOD GRIEF!

DEAR LORD!! HELP!

Are you ok Valley? ;)

4,9,16 are still open

4, 9

Hi Lookingfoward and welcome!  You are welcome here anytime even if you're not holding.

The lockers that are still open are perfect squares, specifically 1×1, 2×2, 3×3, and 4×4. To see why this is true, first note that:

The 1st student changes all the lockers with a locker number that is a multiple of 1.

The 2nd student changes all the lockers with a locker number that is a multiple of 2.

The 3rd student changes all the lockers with a locker number that is a multiple of 3.

The 4th student changes all the lockers with a locker number that is a multiple of 4.

and so on. So a locker is touched by a student if that student's number is a factor of that locker's number.

Now consider the factors of 16 which are 1, 2, 4, 8, and 16. This means the 16th locker was opened by the 1st student, then it was closed by the 2nd student, then it was opened by the 4th student, then it was closed by the second 8th student, and then opened one last time by the 16th student. Now note that the square numbers are the only numbers with an odd number of factors (all other numbers have factors which come in pairs.) Since an odd number of factors means the locker will be changed an odd number of times, it must be open at the end.

With only 20 lockers, students can simply observe this fact about the number of factors to be true for the numbers 1 to 20, which gives practice with finding factors of whole numbers. The explanation for why this is always true goes a bit beyond 4th grade.

The lockers that were touched by only two students are the prime numbers (since prime numbers only have two factors.) In our case they are 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, and 19.

The lockers which are touched by only three students are the squares of prime numbers (because these are the only numbers which have three factors.) In our case they are 4 and 9. (For example, 4 has three factors: 1, 2, and 4)

The lockers which are touched the most are those lockers whose number has the most factors. In our case 12, 18, and 20 all have 6 factors, so they were each touched 6 times.

12=1×12=2×6=3×4

18=1×18=2×9=3×6

20=1×20=2×10=4×5

Hi Fiona! How much did Mensa Cat charge you for that answer?  :laugh:

(Valley has Mensa Chicken, so also MC! Oh dear!!!! :o)

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

OK, how do I show my face around my house? I showed the problem to my daughter. She said, "Easy," and explained how it was done!

Oh, that's right, until I'm off, I blame everything on benzo brain.  :thumbsup:

OK, how do I show my face around my house? I showed the problem to my daughter. She said, "Easy," and explained how it was done!

While the class worked on solving it, I googled the problem for the answer. My benzo brain wasnt even willing to try it.    :laugh:

I know how to catch fish..!! :(

-and I used to be able to lift heavy things...

Here is one for us benzo brains...

Rex had 6 apples, and ate one...

Explain why...

Be well..

Trouble is definitely brewing!

http://i.imgur.com/hiO2vTK.gif

Love it!!  I had lots of critters helping me too.  :D :D

Task

GOOD GRIEF!

DEAR LORD!! HELP!

Are you ok Valley? ;)

4,9,16 are still open

4, 9

12=1×12=2×6=3×4

18=1×18=2×9=3×6

20=1×20=2×10=4×5

Hi Fiona! How much did Mensa Cat charge you for that answer?  :laugh:

(Valley has Mensa Chicken, so also MC! Oh dear!!!! :o)

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks, Valley.  I would have understood all that not so long ago but withdrawal has impaired my thinking. 

I will think about it tomorrow but don't think my brain can handle it.

Will ask Mensa Cat who lives on my blog.

Fiona  :thumbsup:

[30...]