Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Puff requests to join this thread.

Here is his demo proving that he knows how to do a long hold.

width=299 height=350https://t01.deviantart.net/C7rXEr7snrfckcNFI6DVJi90htY=/fit-in/700x350/filters:fixed_height(100,100):origin()/pre12/92c5/th/pre/f/2007/351/6/8/i_has_a_karot_by_pillsey.jpg[/img]

(I'm pretty sure this has something to do with getting his paws on that large jar of nuts Cant no longer wants.)

Cookie says as long as she's in charge she's admitting all friendly critters, so Puff is in! :)

http://i.imgur.com/hiO2vTK.gif

Thanks everyone who has helped me with their input. I try to quote your messages but i'm doing something wrong. My brain isn't working like it used to.  Grateful for the comments and encouragement.

BG Dearest..!! -where is that stickie that explains how to quote n everyfink..??

Tommy, -I just put my curser AFTER the /quote at the bottom

and I use the QUOTE in the top right corner to start...

:)

It's because you put actual html in your response, Cant. So now the end quote command is in there twice and the software is confused. I removed the brackets from around /quote in your sentence. Now the quote works.  :)

Thanks Gard... That makes sense, I remember reading one could add it manually... -guess u passed that test... :)

Hows that hold going??

Thanks everyone who has helped me with their input. I try to quote your messages but i'm doing something wrong. My brain isn't working like it used to.  Grateful for the comments and encouragement.

BG Dearest..!! -where is that stickie that explains how to quote n everyfink..??

Tommy, -I just put my curser AFTER the

at the bottom

Thanks Cantfly. I think this should work if I did it right.

TommyBoy here is a link per "Cant's request" for learning about quotes.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=105070.0

It's because you put actual html in your response, Cant. So now the end quote command is in there twice and the software is confused. I removed the brackets from around /quote in your sentence. Now the quote works.  :)

Thanks Gard... That makes sense, I remember reading one could add it manually... -guess u passed that test... :)

Hows that hold going??

I learned my bit of html by hitting quote and carefully examining what showed up on the screen.

Taper is still a little rough, but improving, thanks! Hope to do another partial taper starting next month. Would love to get to all even capsules before the holidays and then hold through them. All I want for Christmas is to not have to dissolve! :laugh:

Tommy, -I just put my curser AFTER the

at the bottom

Thanks Cantfly. I think this should work if I did it right.

TommyBoy here is a link per "Cant's request" for learning about quotes.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=105070.0

Thanks for the directions Begood.

Hi all....

Thanks for all your great posts , I love this group , I always feel so encouraged. really a special place on BB.

Gard , I think Puff should absolutely be in the group ,whenever he wants . Just for the cute factor alone! Plus as a moderator I think you can make executive decisions about these things  :)

I'd like to give him a long hold myself  :)

It's going to be hard to do this long holding business again .....I do think my eight month hold helped in that , last September after cutting 1/4 mg , it took me all this  time to get to where I could taper 1/16th over a month period( June) .

During those eight months I would cut tiny tiny amounts and get bad WDs , much less than 1/16 th, And comparitively it's not as awful as some of those much smaller reductions I made during those eight months .

Yet anyway !

I've been pretty obsessed today with my calculator figuring out that at this rate it would take me the rest of my born days to withdraw at this rate! But weirdly I find math soothing.... I believe it uses part of the brain that is far away from the fear center ... As is movement , which is why I think it's good for anxiety . ( something my epilepsy friend taught me )

I think everyone answered all the questions posted as well as I could have , so I'll leave off here ,

Hang in there lovely people.

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

Can somebody fill me in on this "cookie" character thing. I haven't been able to follow this.  :idiot:

I never really got the whole story either Serenitee! But she seems to be one of Valleyums chickens , a special one with special skills  :crazy:

And has various functions in this group that crop up every so often for a bit of fun  :)

Can somebody fill me in on this "cookie" character thing. I haven't been able to follow this.  :idiot:

I never really got the whole story either Serenitee! But she seems to be one of Valleyums chickens , a special one with special skills  :crazy:

And has various functions in this group that crop up every so often for a bit of fun  :)

[glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow] is Valley's other Daughter and she rules the Hen House and her Dad it seems, she is highly educated. :)

[glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow] is Valley's other Daughter and she rules the Hen House and her Dad it seems, she is highly educated. :)

Chickens and turtles were our original mascots. Then Valley confessed that in real life he actually keeps chickens. Cookie seems to be one of his favorites. BG neglected to mention that, after a very rocky start to their relationship (involving threats of chicken stew and such), she and Cookie became Best Friends Forever. :smitten:

Valley is busy this week, so Cookie volunteered to hold down the fort for him. He should not have let her near his computer.

Hi all....

Thanks for all your great posts , I love this group , I always feel so encouraged. really a special place on BB.

Gard , I think Puff should absolutely be in the group ,whenever he wants . Just for the cute factor alone! Plus as a moderator I think you can make executive decisions about these things :)

I'd like to give him a long hold myself :)

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

Ha! Don't I wish! On this thread, [glow=red,2,300]Cookie[/glow] reigns (when Valley isn't looking).

Puff would be delighted to have you give him a long hold as long as you are feeding him sunflower seeds and banana chips the whole time. :thumbsup:

Hows that hold going??

I learned my bit of html by hitting quote and carefully examining what showed up on the screen.

Taper is still a little rough, but improving, thanks! Hope to do another partial taper starting next month. Would love to get to all even capsules before the holidays and then hold through them. All I want for Christmas is to not have to dissolve! :laugh:

well, dont make my mistake and push too hard for a whole or half tablet/cap... Think its the OCD in me...

Will be xmas shopping time soon... kinda scary...

Update and good news; I dumped that awful Chlor- whatsit drug as I was burning up in the car resulting in heat fatique and vomiting due to the hot weather and wasn't able to sweat for some bizarre reason. Anyway re the tapering schedule, I made a cut...finally!!! on Saturday down to 2mg. I know it is a large cut but I've been holding for so long and just want off the damn thing. Once I'm stabilised on this dose, then I WILL faithfully cut  in 10% increments x

Update and good news; I dumped that awful Chlor- whatsit drug as I was burning up in the car resulting in heat fatique and vomiting due to the hot weather and wasn't able to sweat for some bizarre reason. Anyway re the tapering schedule, I made a cut...finally!!! on Saturday down to 2mg. I know it is a large cut but I've been holding for so long and just want off the damn thing. Once I'm stabilised on this dose, then I WILL faithfully cut  in 10% increments x

well atleast it wasnt a 50% cut... lol... -Im sure im only standing because of my prior hold...

Oh to turn back time, but here I am, for now...

Hope it all flows well for you Irishlass, and great you sorted the other med out... -good step forward..!

I will cut small from now on if you do... lol...

My Best..

Hi everyone.  Sorry about this.

I'm starting to agonise about holding my 5mgs until early September  :-\

It will be a 4 month hold, from 1st of June and yet I'm on 5mgs so I should be able to cut faster than this I think.

i'm comparing other peoples' holds from their times listed and if I'm this slow at 5mg how will I manage when I get down to below 3?

I'm wondering whether to cut another 1.25 mg and trust that I will feel ok when I'm having to travel in late August to early September [?]

I feel mostly ok now, after just under 2 months, except for vertigo which starts towards late afternoon.

Am I growing tolerant to the 5mgs?

Just don't know what to do.

Most people on here seem to reduce every month.

I suppose I could try a small cut and see what happens, but my wds seem to take around 20 plus days to start...which would be disastrous.

I can empathise with the post Irishlass made.

I just want off the damned stuff  :tickedoff:

I seem to have taken so long already.

It will/would have to be just a cut off the tablet because I can't take  vodka titration stuff with me on my travels to family :-\ so I would have to cut a quarter from a 5mg - down to 3.75

What would you do?

Sorry for obsessing.

I'm just being stupid.

I think my limited supply of diazepam isn't helping.

I'm not nearly so ill as alot of people on here and it's only simple valium I'm withdrawing from.

I think my doctor is right and I'm just a wuss. :-[

I will try to decide today whether to make another cut.

Stay well everyone  :smitten:

Hey Slowly,

As you know, These will have to be your decisions. But that you voice them is a good thing, and some guidance to help clarify might follow on...

What sprang to my mind was to make sure that you knew that a hold can often be a one off need, and that once more stable a persons taper speed may improve... which is why it can be said that in the long run, sometimes a hold can make for a quicker or atleast similar overall taper time... often with less suffering too..

But only you know best what is going on, so base your decisions on that...

Some large 2mg tablets sure would be handy at some point soon..

Be carefull reading sigs as some cut daily or often, but only notate it monthley...

Comparing tapers can be tricky... for example reading mine only gives a part of the story, I still have the effects of protracted opiate SX and internal nerve damage from the accident to consider...

I think most here were polydrugged, CTd and/or multiple tapers...-and then we are all different too...

So just be a little cautious comparing..

Also, dont dismiss the complexity of Valium and its effects, its no simple or clean drug, in my view...

But dont be put off, you are thinking about all the right things... -thoughts we all have and struggle with all too often... -Even better that you voiced them...

Doing well.

Just popping in to say hi! I'm exhausted by the end of the day but I'm doing it so that's something lol.

Lots of talk about quotes, chickens, hamsters, etc. Good thing Cookie knows how to handle the situation.

MiYu I found I have been able to taper slowly pretty much non stop once I got stable from my long hold.  Try not to stress about it.  You'll make it off before you know it I'm sure.  It just seems like forever right now.

Hope all goes well on your cut Irish.

Slowly, as long as you listen to your body, you will do well.  Just keep telling yourself this is a marathon, not a race.  I learned a long time ago to stop comparing my taper to others who were going much quicker.  As I've followed many post jump, they tend to take a long time to recover.  The whole point of this group IMO is to find a way to just walk off rather than jump when the time comes.  My advice would be to cut small and see how you react.  If you do well, you can always increase but if you cut too big, it can take a long time to stabilize and you end up spending more time tapering or in misery than if you just go slow and taper according to symptoms.

I hope all are doing well! i have been reading and following the thread but my brain is "mushy" by the end of the day so I resist posting as I'm afraid they would be incoherent for most lol.  :)--V

Slowly,

I would agree with V.  Maybe do a smaller cut than the 1.25?  I'd be inclined to do half of that.  Like V said, my long hold resulted in my being able to taper at a steady clip afterward and straight through without any significant wd.  I found a good pace and didn't get sideways like earlier on too large cuts.  You may find that you can just move along once you recover and are firmly back on your feet.  It looks like you might be now but I'd be reluctant to make such a large cut for fear of it bringing too much wd on.  I found going at 10% every 30 days was a good plan.  I did not reduce this every month but stayed at what was 10% (.03 for me) until I was down quite a bit and needed to reduce the cuts for the final 6 or so months.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.

Thank you Cant, Valley and Lynn  :smitten:

I was only intending this hold of 4 months to be a one off so maybe I should go with it because I will have quite a while afterwards to continue cutting.

I really don't want to go too quickly and end by updosing.

I do have some 2mg tablets but need to keep them until I'm down to 2mg and below but I have some big 5mgs so could do a cut of half of 1.25 easily - i forgot about those 5mg tablets but they are nice and large and will cut into 8 pieces easily if I'm careful.

I'm quite good at cutting usually.

Valium make me very depressed, which was one reason I decided to come off them.

I am an anxious worrier  ::) but I'm not usually depressed.

I started to feel very depressed to the point of real hopelessness when I was on the full 15mg dose.

Even the 5mgs I am on make me plunge into depression for no apparent reason , like today  :)

I have no reason to be depressed but the valium do definitely cause it for me.

Maybe I'm better sticking to my September plan so that I won't be worrying about wds while I'm away, and then being determined to make smaller or micro liquid taper after that [?]

I'll try to drag myself out of the depression and think positively :thumbsup:

Thank you all for taking the trouble to reply so positively and helpfully ...I feel a nuisance to myself let alone to other people  :)

I try to avoid friends and neighbours [my neighbours are also very good friends]  when I feel like this because there is nothing worse than moaning at people.

Good to be able to vent on here.

Thanks HUGELY  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Good luck with the mushbrain Valley.

Maths always gives me mushbrain even without tiredness and valium. :crazy:

Slowly, I have never had depression before in life, but I find it a frontrunner SX with the Valium...

Recognising it for what it is helps me...

Valley, one down 4 to go... ?

Big effort, Wish you good sleep, and extra energy...

(Dont need to reply)..

Hey, Valley. I'm glad you're managed to get through your long day. Take it easy and don't worry. Cookie has everything under control! ;)

Gard :)

[93...]