Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Same here, Miyu. Not a long-time user. No high doses. But was pushed very fast to taper off by my original prescriber. Crashed. When destabilized, continued to try taper until I was even worse. It took nearly a year to get stable enough to taper again, and I have to go very slowly now. Holding again.

But we're still one day closer to freedom. And one minute closer to bedtime. :clap:

Gard :sleepy:

Looks like I'm in for another long hold.... It must be that my nervous system is just too unstable to taper yet. I've had an awful week, such bad withdrawals and so fragile. :-\

It's disheartening, but somehow I do feel that I will be able to do this one day . I know I have a sensitive nervous system , and I think I have to maybe more careful than perhaps most?

It's not like I have a long history of benzo use , or even high doses . But clearly that doesn't count for much once destabilized .

I plan to hold for now until I can hopefully get to a place where I feel a lot better . And , I think as I get more confidence in what I need , I will be looking for a doctor who will just prescribe for me as long as I need with no pressure . My current doc was ok with me tapering slowly, but I don't know that he's going to be keen on these long holds with no tapering .

I'm sure I will find someone , just a regular doc. Who needs " experts" , we are the experts when it comes to this , we just need their support .

Love to all.

MiYu  :smitten:

Hang in there MiYu.  There's no hurry if you have a supportive doctor.  I agree with gard on it taking a year sometimes.  I held for 6 months but it was at a year where I started to feel really well.  :)--V

Hi everyone. I've made a lot of mistakes trying to get off this garbage. I did a valium crossover but messed that up because I had a bad doctor. In january I started to taper off 2.5mg klonopin. In six months I tapered down to 1.5mg which I realize now was to fast. I'm holding now and think I probably need to for a longtime. I'm not expecting to ever feel good while tapering but I hope to see some improvement or stabilization. I guess my biggest question is . How can I feel ok if I felt terrible before I started to taper?  I hit tolerance years ago but never knew why I felt so bad untill I read the Ashton manual. Did any of you feel bad before tapering and notice improvement during the taper? Thanks for any help.

Hi everyone. I've made a lot of mistakes trying to get off this garbage. I did a valium crossover but messed that up because I had a bad doctor. In january I started to taper off 2.5mg klonopin. In six months I tapered down to 1.5mg which I realize now was to fast. I'm holding now and think I probably need to for a longtime. I'm not expecting to ever feel good while tapering but I hope to see some improvement or stabilization. I guess my biggest question is . How can I feel ok if I felt terrible before I started to taper?  I hit tolerance years ago but never knew why I felt so bad untill I read the Ashton manual. Did any of you feel bad before tapering and notice improvement during the taper? Thanks for any help.

Hi Tommy. I felt absolutely terrible before I started to taper.  I was close to non functional and didn't know why until I finally connected the dots and started to taper.  I also cut way too fast at the beginning and felt horrible for several months, hence the long hold.  Doing ok now and am functional but still have periods of unpleasant symptoms. I have felt better as I've tapered so there is that.  Hope you have the same luck.  :)--V

Looks like I'm in for another long hold.... It must be that my nervous system is just too unstable to taper yet. I've had an awful week, such bad withdrawals and so fragile. :-\

It's disheartening, but somehow I do feel that I will be able to do this one day . I know I have a sensitive nervous system , and I think I have to maybe more careful than perhaps most?

It's not like I have a long history of benzo use , or even high doses . But clearly that doesn't count for much once destabilized .

I plan to hold for now until I can hopefully get to a place where I feel a lot better . And , I think as I get more confidence in what I need , I will be looking for a doctor who will just prescribe for me as long as I need with no pressure . My current doc was ok with me tapering slowly, but I don't know that he's going to be keen on these long holds with no tapering .

I'm sure I will find someone , just a regular doc. Who needs " experts" , we are the experts when it comes to this , we just need their support .

Love to all.

MiYu  :smitten:

Im so sorry its Bad days MiYu, and the uncertainly doesnt help. I think your right, if other conditions or medications have been in play, that can slow things down a bit...

I am yet another that was low dose, short term... -but the V sure is in the middle of the tangle now...

And yes, a simple Dr with simple ideas can be a good thing...

The idea of tapering being, to do very little asides slowly remove un-needed medication as we can...

(Simplistic, I know)...

I think your on the right track, with the right ideas, and I hope you see that improvment very soon...

-it will come...

My best...

:)

Hey Tommy..

I think your on the right track, and it may take some time, holding, and then some very slow/small tapering for a while... -gaining momentum as you can, guided by symptoms...

Some of it will probably be all the changes, going back some time... Which holding is very suited to...

This is probably the hardest situation to start off, or get on track from... but not impossible... Time is key...  Tolerance SX seem to be worse than the WD SX from a suitable taper...  (with holds as needed).  But this is just my thoughts from what I have seen.. I have NOT been in benzo tolerance myself...

My tolerance experience was on another med (opiates), but it went much as mentioned...

As I started cutting, things got a bit harder then tolerance eased into withdrawal, a bit better situation...

Wish I knew more then...  but dont we all...

Some of us threw some thoughts on tolerance together on here about a week or so ago... There might be something there that helps??

Hope you feel better soon...

T.

Hi Tommy

I made mistakes too, we probably all do, but my long hold of 6 months/7months after I switched from Nitrazepam and valium on to just valium using the Ashton equivalence table  did me so much good and I felt really well at the end of it.

I'm being rushed by my doctor now and made some cuts this year which I'm told by people in this group were "badass cuts"  :)  and have not felt good.

Am now feeling much better coming to the end of a 2 month hold and am extending my hold for another 6 weeks at least before resuming taper.

I know I will still feel symptoms when tapering again but I am learning that the more slowly I do it the better I feel.

I'm hoping m next taper - a DMT liquid taper worked out for me by Valley will be much easier.

I'm learning so much from this group of lovely people - don't give up.

Hope you get much better soon. :smitten:

The longer holds really do help me.

Wonderful news Lynn  :thumbsup::smitten::clap::yippee:

You give me hope.

MiYu I'm in a similar situation with the doctor.

I'm sorry you are feeling bad and hope a new doctor will help. :smitten:

Have a good and productive class Valley.

I'm sure Cookie will cope here  :thumbsup:

Hi Tommy boy,

Yes, I was in tolerance with Valium before I started to taper. I was so sick and I didn't know I was in tokerence. I could not sleep more than about 3-4 hours a night. Didn't, couldn't do anything, didn't go outside. Just felt so sick, aches and pains, no energy, trembling all the time. And no one believed me when  I thought I was addicted to the Valium.

It was when  I started to shake and have inner trembles from the minute I got  out of bed and all day and all evening long,that I began to think I was addicted to this damn drug. I diagnosed myself with tolerance as I started to read and realized what was going on.

The doc that prescribed it in The first place was of no help. Except he said I was not "addicted" but I had become "dependent" on the drug! Well thanks a lot doc! Now how are you going to get me off, now that you got me dependent on this damn drug!?

After going through three different new p- docs and taperinglike a freight train, I was in terrible shape. And then....I FOUND BENZO BUDDIES HERE ON THE INTERNET! Literally saved my life. I learned that I had destabilized myself by tapering too fast.  I held for four months. One day I just woke up and felt like myself again. It was a miracle after that four months. Valley and many others here were instrumental in getting me back on the right track. Then the Windows and waves of the past four months started to settle down. And life has been mostly big long Windows with mild wdsx and little blips.

So yes, to answer your question, I was in tolerance and in terrible shape, and I did decide to withdraw from the drug, and I did feel much better after a freight train taper, and then a long hold.

And yes, IMO,  when you withdraw at a sensible rate, you will be ok and ,you will be free one day. And after your hold, you will be in a much better place to be able to withdraw at a sensible rate with minimal wdsx.

Ive got at least a year ahead of me, maybe more, but going slow is the best way to do it, and be able to live your life at the same time.

Good luck! You can do it!

Peace, courage, patience and determination to you.

Keep us posted!

Heath  :smitten: :smitten: :therethere::mybuddy:

Lynn,

So glad to hear all is still well. I suspect this will be your situation going forward as well.

Your an inspiration to so many. :thumbsup:

I am now at day 15 since my last cut and since I usually feel my cuts around day 10-12 I thought I was in a new place of healing and no suffering but alas it hit today.

Now I just have to hold and ride it out,.....again.  :tickedoff:

ATU 🙏🏻

Thanks Heathcliff, Slowlyimproving , Valleyum, and Cantfly. I was worried my holding was a waste of time since I tapered to fast and was in tolerance before the taper. This gives me hope that I can still improve while holding before I start to taper again. I plan on holding for a longtime . Thanks everyone for your help and input.  I hope you are all doing well and have a good day.

Thanks Heathcliff, Slowlyimproving , Valleyum, and Cantfly. I was worried my holding was a waste of time since I tapered to fast and was in tolerance before the taper. This gives me hope that I can still improve while holding before I start to taper again. I plan on holding for a longtime . Thanks everyone for your help and input.  I hope you are all doing well and have a good day.

Tommy boy,

Hang in there my friend, you will feel better though it may take some time. Holding is healing!

You are getting some great advise hear. Have confidence in your body's ability to heal itself.

Practice acceptance and take time to meditate and just find calmness. I know that sounds perhaps a stretch right now but as time passes and you build your mental strength, things will get better.

Peace & Healing

ATU 🙏🏻

Lynn,

So glad to hear all is still well. I suspect this will be your situation going forward as well.

Your an inspiration to so many. :thumbsup:

I am now at day 15 since my last cut and since I usually feel my cuts around day 10-12 I thought I was in a new place of healing and no suffering but alas it hit today.

Now I just have to hold and ride it out,.....again.  :tickedoff:

ATU 🙏🏻

Hang in there mate...

The extra 3-4 days has a good "suggestion" to it...

Ever closer...

not a problem...

Let us know how your going, as you please...

Tommy boy,

Hang in there my friend, you will feel better though it may take some time. Holding is healing!

Thanks All Tied Up. I wasn't sure if holding works but after seeing all the success on here I know it must.

Thanks you for your input and help and I hope you are doing well.

You are getting some great advise hear. Have confidence in your body's ability to heal itself.

Practice acceptance and take time to meditate and just find calmness. I know that sounds perhaps a stretch right now but as time passes and you build your mental strength, things will get better.

Peace & Healing

ATU 🙏🏻

Thanks everyone who has helped me with their input. I try to quote your messages but i'm doing something wrong. My brain isn't working like it used to.  Grateful for the comments and encouragement.

I am wondering whether it is possible to have waves even after a 17-month hold.

Right now, after prolonged work stress from a heavy workload, I feel unsteady on my feet and even scared to step outdoors because my legs feel so weak and wobbly. The physical fatigue mirrors the nervous and mental tiredness.

I am wondering whether this could still be s/x even after such a long hold? I kind of hope so, because if not it means something else is wrong.

Not so long ago I was breaking records on my step counter, regulalrly posting 10,000 + per day and up to 15,000.

Thanks everyone who has helped me with their input. I try to quote your messages but i'm doing something wrong. My brain isn't working like it used to.  Grateful for the comments and encouragement.

BG Dearest..!! -where is that stickie that explains how to quote n everyfink..??

Tommy, -I just put my curser AFTER the

at the bottom

and I use the QUOTE in the top right corner to start...

BG Dearest..!! -where is that stickie that explains how to quote n everyfink..??

at the bottom

Thanks Cantfly. I think this should work if I did it right.

I am wondering whether it is possible to have waves even after a 17-month hold.

Right now, after prolonged work stress from a heavy workload, I feel unsteady on my feet and even scared to step outdoors because my legs feel so weak and wobbly. The physical fatigue mirrors the nervous and mental tiredness.

I am wondering whether this could still be s/x even after such a long hold? I kind of hope so, because if not it means something else is wrong.

Not so long ago I was breaking records on my step counter, regulalrly posting 10,000 + per day and up to 15,000.

Well this isnt the easiest question of the day..!!

Looking at the protracted, CT, etc Boards, I would guess that its possible in many cases...

But then RLS was your original SX -so perhaps these type of issues are related..??

Then there is the exercise its self, which in unusual excess could also ramp up any normally un-noticable SX... It plays hell with me...

Sorry, -just my ponderings... -not an opinion...

How are your normal baseline SX, things that stop you from further tapering day to day... ??

My best guess, would be yet more loving gifts from benzo WD.. Though I would be keeping an eye on things at this point...

My Best...

at the bottom

Hmmmm...lol...

Keep trying... -u wont break it..!!

at the bottom

Hmmmm...lol...

somethings wrong with this cluster... -start afresh...

at the bottom

Hmmmm...lol...

somethings wrong with this cluster... -start afresh...

Just a test.

Tommy, -I just put my curser AFTER the /quote at the bottom

It's because you put actual html in your response, Cant. So now the end quote command is in there twice and the software is confused. I removed the brackets from around /quote in your sentence. Now the quote works.  :)

Chalky,

While it is always important to check with your Doctor when issues arise and worry you,. IMO

This is probably benzo related.

If I read your signature correctly you are still tapering though you are in a long hold.

I too have made a few long holds and then went out feeling great and did something more physical than I was used to. I felt it in spades.

The muscles, our muscles are normally in tone. That means there are muscles attached to each joint for example pulling in different directions keeping our structure intact and in tone. Benzos are real good muscle relaxers and over time the tone becomes unbalanced. We may not feel it in normal day to day activities but stress those muscles and we find out that full proper tone is yet to be achieved.

I went out with my weed trimmer a while back and at a time when I was recovering from a recent cut,

By the time I had finished my arm holding the weight of the trimmer was in spasm and stayed that way for a few hours until it relaxed.

So, if your terribly concerned get it checked out but it is probably withdrawal related.

Peace & Healing

ATU 🙏🏻

[e4...]