Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good to see you Valley [glow=red,2,300]" OUR ESTEEMED LEADER"[/glow] hope all is well with you. :)

Hi BG.  I'm doing well aside from feeling a slight increase in sxs.  Probably need to adjust the taper rate (again).  Hope all is well with you!  :)--V

Good to see you Valley [glow=red,2,300]" OUR ESTEEMED LEADER"[/glow] hope all is well with you. :)

Hi BG.  I'm doing well aside from feeling a slight increase in sxs.  Probably need to adjust the taper rate (again).  Hope all is well with you!  :)--V

I am doing well, just some tiny blips at times, yes you may need to tweak. I restart my taper for 10 days tomorrow. :)

I am doing well, just some tiny blips at times, yes you may need to tweak. I restart my taper for 10 days tomorrow. :)

GO BG!!! -Just so u know... -That will be a 25% reduction, from when I joined this group...!!!

Turtle Time Flies...

GO BG!!! -Just so u know... -That will be a 25% reduction, from when I joined this group...!!!

Turtle Time Flies...

Wow I am glad I have you and Valley to help me with the math, looks good the percentage, slow, but hey I am a True Turtle/Mermaid....? :thumbsup: 

Turtle Time Flies...

Wow I am glad I have you and Valley to help me with the math, looks good the percentage, slow, but hey I am a True Turtle/Mermaid....? :thumbsup:

Valley is good for more than just Math... -the master of forgotten doses...

Valley, are u sure its a tweek u need?? Lol

Night all...

Be Well..

Turtle Time Flies...

Night all...

Be Well..

Ah. It's seems that "Cant remember" does remember, all to well! :laugh:

Turtle Time Flies...

Night all...

Be Well..

LOL. I'll never know how many doses I've missed when this is all over.  :laugh:

Slowly, I find it best to not dwell on words and such..just make up your mind, like you are now doing and go with it. "Time and Accepting of the Process of Healing" and living each moment the best you can and let the what if's and why not's go, anyway that what has worked for me. :)

Good advice Begood. Lord knows I'm trying!  I thought I was going slow with a 5% reduction each moth, but I pushed it a but faster. Stupid me. But hey, I'm straitening it out now with a longer hold. It's true, what you and others have said, when you try to rush it, you just wind up messing yourself up and you don't save any time either!

Heath

I'm in the same boat this morning. I've been sleeping okay. My mind has been racing lately. I've felt a lot less safe since my mom passed. Much less safe. Somehow her being in the world made it feel safer. Now not only is she gone, but I have to worry about my dad and my own health.

Yes, I know how you are feeling Stephen. I felt like an orphan when I lost my mom, even though I have a husband and two kids. It's soooo hard. The loss will always be with you but it will get easier to handle and accept as time goes by. You will be ok. You are not alone. And don't be ashamed to talk it out with your friends. They will help you through it no matter how long it takes.

Hang strong buddy. :therethere:

Heath :smitten:

Update at One Week Off

No surprises and no acute.  I'm doing great.  Wd is minimal and I've had no ramping or sign of any sort of acute horror coming my way.  I'm only dealing with mild neck tension and mod/mild tinnitus.  I've had a momentary "this or that" but this whole thing feels less than the mild wd I've had over the last number of months.

I hope this means good news and happy endings for all of us who have chosen slow and methodical tapers. :thumbsup:

This is great news lynn! You need to copyright the "Commonsense Taper Method" lol.  :thumbsup:

Great news Lynn! Sounds like you really did a number on the benzo devil!  :yippee:

You are my inspiration...and I will certainly listen to you with both ears from now on.  ( I should have held the ten days  like you told me, but I only held for five in the middle of my DMT.)  But I'm not beating myself up. Just hold longer now. And learning from the experience.

Hi BeGood,

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR RESUMED TAPER IN A FEW DAYS.

GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOUVE HAD ONLY BLIPS.

Looks like your walk off, when the time comes, should be just as easy as  Lynn's. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the insomnia encouragement guys!  Yes, it sure is a bummer. I wracked up 3 3/4 hours last night in about three different "sessions" oh boy! Lol!

Heath, :-[:o

Slowly, I find it best to not dwell on words and such..just make up your mind, like you are now doing and go with it. "Time and Accepting of the Process of Healing" and living each moment the best you can and let the what if's and why not's go, anyway that what has worked for me. :)

Such wise words Begood  :smitten: thank you.

I think it's key to the process what you are saying , tho sometimes a few words help us not freak out! Speaking personally I guess.

I meant Baddove in my last post , not pretty daisies .... Can't believe the benzo brain !

Sorry you're not sleeping Heath  :'( you'll be ok , I've seen you cover so many times .

Me, I woke up so sick! Was Abel to do a long walk last night, then this morning couldn't even eat , freezing cold ... Feel like acid poured on my organs ...... :-[

Aaahhhh ..... This too shall pass.....

And thanks valley for your response .... I'm sticking with the Valium for ..now , don't want to mess around , and will just chalk all this up to wds. Almost got out an old Ativan this morning , was tempted to just ' see what happened' , but decided against messing with it .....

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

Thanks for the insomnia encouragement guys!  Yes, it sure is a bummer. I wracked up 3 3/4 hours last night in about three different "sessions" oh boy! Lol!

Oh, Heath, that sounds dreadful. Hope you're able to at least rest during the day, even if not sleep. Have you tried any apps to get you through those long hours in the night? I use iSleepEasy. I have the background sounds set to run all night. (I use the waves of music.) When I wake up in the night, I layer one of the guided sleep/relaxation narrations on top of the music. It's nice to have a calm, soothing voice to listen to in the middle of the night.

Gard :smitten:

Miyu, Sorry you're still having such awful waves. But glad to hear you got out for a walk. Hope this spike in symptoms is short.  :hug:

Since today is the day I would normally make my next cut, I guess I am officially holding again. Does that make me a sloth, a turtle, or a chicken? I think maybe a very impatient turtle! But I am resisting cutting. I'm getting brand new symptoms from pushing. Even hint of brand new symptoms is something I want to stop! Best to 

I love Barney! :laugh:

Gard :)

Miyu,

Hope your feeling better real soon.

Heath,

When I have sleep issues that go more than 3 days I take half a Unisom, the one with Doxylamine Succinate. It is an old one but for me it works great. Hope you get some better sleep soon.

I'm at dust 10 since my cut and the sxs are here.,, broken poor sleep, sore shoulders and neck, mild headache and some burning on arms. Also I feel I am producing just a bit too much stomach acid.

Lets hope these don't last too long.  :sick:

Peace & Healing to everyone.

ATU 🙏🏻

Oh, Heath, that sounds dreadful. Hope you're able to at least rest during the day, even if not sleep. Have you tried any apps to get you through those long hours in the night? I use iSleepEasy. I have the background sounds set to run all night. (I use the waves of music.) When I wake up in the night, I layer one of the guided sleep/relaxation narrations on top of the music. It's nice to have a calm, soothing voice to listen to in the middle of the night.

Thanks Gard, I'll try isleepeasy.

I'll try just about anything when I get a rough patch like the last 4 days.

Since today is the day I would normally make my next cut, I guess I am officially holding again. Does that make me a sloth, a turtle, or a chicken? I think maybe a very impatient turtle! But I am resisting cutting. I'm getting brand new symptoms from pushing. Even hint of brand new symptoms is something I want to stop! Best to 

I love Barney! :laugh:

Gard :)

Hey Gard... maybe you are all three of those  mascots...that makes you a " Slochikaturt " in my book!

Glad you are not pushing ahead. Resisting the benzo devil is the way to go! Yay for you! And maybe I'll be able to resist next time  too!

Hey all you tech savvy buddies....anyone able to make a post of a picture of a slochikkaturt ?

Heath :D

We need a photoshop guru for that! (Not me! :wacko:)

I'm in the same boat this morning. I've been sleeping okay. My mind has been racing lately. I've felt a lot less safe since my mom passed. Much less safe. Somehow her being in the world made it feel safer. Now not only is she gone, but I have to worry about my dad and my own health.

Yes, I know how you are feeling Stephen. I felt like an orphan when I lost my mom, even though I have a husband and two kids. It's soooo hard. The loss will always be with you but it will get easier to handle and accept as time goes by. You will be ok. You are not alone. And don't be ashamed to talk it out with your friends. They will help you through it no matter how long it takes.

Hang strong buddy. :therethere:

Thanks. :smitten:

I've used the term "orphan" before as well when describing it to people. It's a weird feeling. I never imagined it would hit me this hard.

I also got about 3.5 hours of sleep last night. Hang in there.

Hey all you tech savvy buddies....anyone able to make a post of a picture of a slochikkaturt ?

Heath :D

Okay I think I need to hold.  I just googled that!  :laugh:

I just read a post by a buddie who contacted Ashton's office for advice.  He was told that they now recommend 3 to 4 wks between cuts.  If this is the case I think it should be reflected in the intro comments to new buddies and all references to 1-2 wks should be changed.  I know that BAT recommends 3 wks between cuts.  This could prevent some from getting badly derailed at the outset.

[a7...]