Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Wow! Sorry to see so many struggling. I know it's an individual journey for each one of us however I can say I am feeling better and better as I get lower. Holding to stabilize and then tapering slowly has been the key. I hope all of you struggling are close to a quick turnaround and will be able to taper with minimal sxs soon!  :)--V

Hi to MiYu, Freeme, helpingmyex311, and all my other buddies who are suffering for so long and so much,

I'm here reading but have not responded because the buddies who are responding know so much more than I do. And I couldn't add anything more if I tried,

I just wish, as I have heard wished here before, that there was a quick solution for you who have been having constant waves for so very long.

So at least I am here with empathy and encouragement. What you are doing, fighting on, and not losing the faith that you WILL get through this, demonstrates your resolve, strength, and courage. I can only imagine how difficult it is to hang in the way you are.  It makes me ashamed of the times I complain, because it seems like you are going through much, much more than I ever have.

I do believe that you will win this battle however long it may take! You will be free. You have proven that you can do it!  it will happen!

Always remember that the window, the break through you are looking for , may be right around the corner!

Wishing you peace, and healing, continued strength, continued courage, continued faith.

Heathcliff :smitten:  :therethere: :therethere: :therethere::mybuddy: :mybuddy: :mybuddy:

I am so sorry for those still struggling and I Pray that you all have a turn about soon, I wish I could offer more words of comfort, and I know you have heard many, but it does not make it better, I know that it is hard to read about us that are close to getting off and doing well. Please know I know your distress and pain, maybe not the burning, but the feeling that things will not change, but they will, when that is a Million dollar question. I read all the time, but tend to not post much as I know it is so hard for those struggling. I know that this is not easy, and know that we are all wanting you all to have Peace and more healing.

Helping,I have no thoughts about what you and Ex should do concerning Medications. But I just want you to know I have been following your Journey here at BB and I admire you for sticking with your Ex, many of us do not have Support from Family and Loved ones and it is so admirable that you are helping and devoting time to your Friend. I Pray that things get better for him and that you stay strong and that Life is good to you. :thumbsup:

Begood,

Wonderful words of support,..as you always post such great caring and inspirational words.

Your right of course nothing we can tell each other will change what we are feeling but sometimes the prospect of hope, hope for a better day tomorrow or when ever is all any of us need to get through the hard times.

You have a kind and caring heart and I'm sure everyone here already knows that.

Bless you 🙏🏻

ATU 🙏🏻

Helping, I have to admit, my first instinct was not to add yet another benzo to the mix. I wonder if you got his doctor to look at Dr. Shipko's work if it would help? Or find another doctor?

Gard

I'm going to be frank - his doctor won't look at it.  He knows what he knows, and that's about it.  He follows Ashton and that's what he knows.

There are no other benzo wise doctors in our state.  He's the only one. I've tried calling hundreds.  none believe in or follow ashton.  He was the only one who knew how to taper off benzos.  Every other doctor told him to stay on.  It's such a mess trying to get clear answers. 

He hasn't taken xanax since last year.  I don't know what to do and he is off the deep end freaking out.  He says he feels worse than ever adding .25 mg of klonopin and cutting 5 mg of valium - throwing up and feels insane.  But it's only been 2 days.  :( :(

I'm very sorry to hear that. If the doctor is going to make him choose between V and K, then I guess your best bet is to get as much info off of the Klonopin Klub as you can.

Thank you for sticking with your ex. IMHO, those with on-the-ground support are in the best shape to beat the benzo beast.

Gard :)

Begood,

Wonderful words of support,..as you always post such great caring and inspirational words.

Your right of course nothing we can tell each other will change what we are feeling but sometimes the prospect of hope, hope for a better day tomorrow or when ever is all any of us need to get through the hard times.

You have a kind and caring heart and I'm sure everyone here already knows that.

Bless you 🙏🏻

ATU 🙏🏻

Thank you ATU for your kind words. I Pray that things ease up for you soon, I know it has been hard for you, but I know you will persevere. :)

Hi all,

Has anyone heard of any reason why a person in benzo withdrawal should NOt get the 

"prevnar 13" vaccination for pneumonia?

My dr has recommended it.

I am so fearful of doing anything new while I am  in withdrawal.

Thanks for any information or experience you may have.

Heath ???

Heath, ATU, BG, Gard and all others Thanks for the encouragement.  It definitely helps to have good buddies willing to listen.  Yes, it is so so awful to go through this day after day.  All we can do though.  Heath, funny you mention that vaccine, my husband just had it yesterday at the Dr. and he will get shingles vaccine next week at pharmacy.  I think the Prevnar is dead virus so should be ok but I would check.  I can't get the shingles right now since its a live virus vaccine Lets just pray I don't get shingles, my daughter had it a few months back but a very mild case ThankGod.  Hope all have a turnaround soon.  We deserve it.  :smitten:

I just wanted to check in and say my long hold is starting to work 😊. There is hope! No windows but definitely less symptoms and more productive days. Now I just need to be patient and not cut again so I can return to work for awhile.

I just wanted to check in and say my long hold is starting to work 😊. There is hope! No windows but definitely less symptoms and more productive days. Now I just need to be patient and not cut again so I can return to work for awhile.

Excellent News 3rd! :thumbsup:

I've had a couple of very lengthy holds.  It really did take almost 8 months that first time for me to be in a position to continue my taper.  Please check in here before you cut!  Sometimes we need to bounce these decisions off others to get the proper perspective.

Excellent News 3rd! :thumbsup:

I've had a couple of very lengthy holds.  It really did take almost 8 months that first time for me to be in a position to continue my taper.  Please check in here before you cut!  Sometimes we need to bounce these decisions off others to get the proper perspective.

Thanks Lynn, I will definitely check in. My goal was to start cutting again in Jan 18... nice loooong hold. I have a small jewelry business I really need to open during the holidays and I think the prospect is becoming more real. If I can make it through the holidays I think Jan is a nice calm time to start back up again. Hopefully you guys can help me stay the course.

🌹Good Morning All. This day is Lynn's day below I have copied from Aug 26th 2016, some of the thoughts that Lynn has given us, and there are so many more. Lynn we are all so Proud of you and you deserve everything Beautiful and Good in Life.

"Yes Begood, most do not escape life's complications and trials - we just press on.  All we can do is ride it out and try to embrace any little bit of joy that comes our way.  Sometimes easier said than done.  In the past I found it helpful to sift through these things and I would come to the realization that there is much to be grateful for.  I don't know why some are tested so.  I went through the darkness and emerged into the light and for this I am very grateful".

"Waking and making the most of the day is so important.  I find that getting out as much as possible is essential to mood and well-being.  It's always bad for me when I end up staying in and doing nothing alone with my thoughts..."~Lynn

http://cliparting.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Great-job-amazing-job-clipart-clipart-kid.gif

[glow=red,2,300]"CONGRATULATIONS" LYNN WAY TO GO!!, YOU DID A "FANASTIC TAPER" AND WE ARE SO "HAPPY FOR YOU", YOU WILL PAVE THE WAY FOR ALL OF US HERE, AND WE WILL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU. :thumbsup: [/glow]

That is great news third!  :thumbsup:

Heath, ATU, BG, Gard and all others Thanks for the encouragement.  It definitely helps to have good buddies willing to listen.  Yes, it is so so awful to go through this day after day.  All we can do though.  Heath, funny you mention that vaccine, my husband just had it yesterday at the Dr. and he will get shingles vaccine next week at pharmacy.  I think the Prevnar is dead virus so should be ok but I would check.  I can't get the shingles right now since its a live virus vaccine Lets just pray I don't get shingles, my daughter had it a few months back but a very mild case ThankGod.  Hope all have a turnaround soon.  We deserve it.  :smitten:

Free, I've heard there's a new, more effective shingles vaccine coming out that is not live virus, but a protein or something. Is it Prevnar? Sounds like it's worth waiting for. Why can't you get live virus? Just wondering.

Gard :smitten:

🌹Good Morning All. This day is Lynn's day below I have copied from Aug 26th 2016, some of the thoughts that Lynn has given us, and there are so many more. Lynn we are all so Proud of you and you deserve everything Beautiful and Good in Life.

"Yes Begood, most do not escape life's complications and trials - we just press on.  All we can do is ride it out and try to embrace any little bit of joy that comes our way.  Sometimes easier said than done.  In the past I found it helpful to sift through these things and I would come to the realization that there is much to be grateful for.  I don't know why some are tested so.  I went through the darkness and emerged into the light and for this I am very grateful".

"Waking and making the most of the day is so important.  I find that getting out as much as possible is essential to mood and well-being.  It's always bad for me when I end up staying in and doing nothing alone with my thoughts..."~Lynn

http://cliparting.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Great-job-amazing-job-clipart-clipart-kid.gif

[glow=red,2,300]"CONGRATULATIONS" LYNN WAY TO GO!!, YOU DID A "FANASTIC TAPER" AND WE ARE SO "HAPPY FOR YOU", YOU WILL PAVE THE WAY FOR ALL OF US HERE, AND WE WILL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU. :thumbsup: [/glow]

Way to go Lynn!  It's a celebration!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://thehypestreet.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/techno-chickenn.gif?w=350&h=200&crop=1

This is making me all sniffly!

Big par-tay coming up this weekend to celebrate our milestones, starting with TGIF. I'd better make sure Cookie is working on the food she promised! I believe the attire is jeans and swimsuits. And it's at your place, since you're the guest of honor, right, Lynn?

Well I am ready. :smitten:

http://www.picgifs.com/glitter-gifs/b/beach/picgifs-beach-180150.gif

Oh, thank goodness. I was expecting that other swimsuit picture. :laugh:

Gard, Prevnar is the pneumonia vaccine. Dr. said if your immunity is low I should hold off and since I am so sick etc. I will wait.  Congrats to Lynn again, I already noted it on BG's blog but will put it here also. Well done.  :thumbsup:

Gard, Prevnar is the pneumonia vaccine. Dr. said if your immunity is low I should hold off and since I am so sick etc. I will wait.  Congrats to Lynn again, I already noted it on BG's blog but will put it here also. Well done.  :thumbsup:

Thanks, Free. I hope you can get the new shingles one when it comes out.

Say, are you the one who is hitting a milestone in your taper? I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out who the 3rd person is.

Gard :smitten:

Well, maybe mysterious person #3 will show up at the par-tay.  I swear I did not imagine this 3rd person! Probably.

[57...]