Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I just checked my math and I am 7 days from knocking off a capsule. First capsule I've knocked off since my long hold.  I'm right on your heels, lynn! Well, sort of. Except for the 2 years to get rid of the rest of the capsules. But who's counting?!  :laugh:

[glow=red,2,300]5[/glow] days to party number one.

[glow=red,2,300]7[/glow] days to party number two.

I sure hope Cant shows up again in time for the parties. We could use a Wild Aussie around here at party time.

Gard :smitten:

That's great news Gard!  Little by little and before you know it you're done. :thumbsup:

So...who's hosting the Partay and what are we having to eat?  We can combine celebrations but I'm not mopping Cant's house. :tickedoff:

Lynn no worries, Cant's house is sparkling clean, I have mopped from morning till night... :D

Ok Gard, if I'm to host the big shindig it will be a crab feast and the dress code is swimwear.  8) 8)

please send BG and mops! :D  and gas-up the jets! :thumbsup:

I'm coming to the party too.

And since Begood mopped the whole house, she gets to wear the glass sippers with her party dress!

Oh wait, I'd really rather  wear my cut off jeans instead of a party dress.

Glass slippers with cut-off jeans should look real snappy! Let's trade our party dresses for cut off jeans for this party. Or wear or bring your swimsuits too. Wouldn't want to disappoint Lynne...she's the celebrateeee!

Hey guys, you should wear jeans too. The holier the better.

Yep! I vote for jeans.

And since Begood mopped the whole house, she gets to wear the glass sippers with her party dress!

Glass slippers with cut-off jeans should look real snappy! Let's trade our party dresses for cut off jeans for this party. Or wear or bring your swimsuits too. Wouldn't want to disappoint Lynne...she's the celebrateeee!

Yep! I vote for jeans.

Can I wear my blue pants?

giphy.gif

Yep! I vote for jeans.

giphy.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yep! I vote for jeans.

giphy.gif

[glow=red,2,300]"YES"[/glow] :thumbsup:

Glass slippers with cut-off jeans ::) should look real snappy! Let's trade our party dresses for cut off jeans for this party. Or wear or bring your swimsuits too. Wouldn't want to disappoint Lynne...she's the celebrateeee!

Yep! I vote for jeans.

giphy.gif

Where do you shop Cookie? Those blue pants are really neat .

But they're not exactly chick magnets!  ::)

:D;D:laugh::D

I want my brain & body to heal. Horrid headaches, shortness of breath, stomach aches. Glad to finally be off. I have a difficult time remembering some things. I'm slow moving. A bit lethargic. Looking forward to this ending.

I want my brain & body to heal. Horrid headaches, shortness of breath, stomach aches. Glad to finally be off. I have a difficult time remembering some things. I'm slow moving. A bit lethargic. Looking forward to this ending.

Hi Dog tag! So glad you're off! Hope everything resolves quickly and you can get on with your life.  :thumbsup:

Wonderful news Gard!! Im almost down to 5 mg- one pill will be a reward in itself. But Im going to Ohio to see hubbys family for a week, so Im gonna be behind you in the landmark game. Good luck!!!

Fantastic, Kitty! We'll put you on the July par-tay list! :D

giphy.gif

:( I'm gonna miss the party cos I'm away - and if Valley does wear these blue pants...well I'd really like to have seen that  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Have a great time everyone and well done everyone who has reached their goals. :thumbsup:

Makes me feel more of a slowcoach cos I've got a slight dilemma.

I've had no real symptoms for over 5 days now EXCEPT for yesterday when the vertigo  and eye trouble came back big time.

Gone away again today though, at least until now - midday.

I was sort of planning to start my taper next Monday but am going away again  August 21st-28th for a family wedding in Scotland and then straight to London again until September 11th for some theatre trips and general eating out, sightseeing and stuff.

My symptoms seem to start from 14-16 days into a cut.

So, because my last cut was described as badass by Cantfly  :laugh: do you think that holding at 5mg until September would be too long a hold or not?

It would make it a 3 month hold.

I'm worried about having bad symptoms especially vertigo while I'm away and I'm starting [crosses everything] to feel ok holding on 5mgs.

I dread having vertigo while I'm away with people.

I just wanted also to say WELCOME to Tommy.

You couldn't have found a better, friendlier more helpful group to rest in  :thumbsup:

giphy.gif

:( I'm gonna miss the party cos I'm away - and if Valley does wear these blue pants...well I'd really like to have seen that  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Have a great time everyone and well done everyone who has reached their goals. :thumbsup:

Makes me feel more of a slowcoach cos I've got a slight dilemma.

I've had no real symptoms for over 5 days now EXCEPT for yesterday when the vertigo  and eye trouble came back big time.

Gone away again today though, at least until now - midday.

I was sort of planning to start my taper next Monday but am going away again  August 21st-28th for a family wedding in Scotland and then straight to London again until September 11th for some theatre trips and general eating out, sightseeing and stuff.

My symptoms seem to start from 14-16 days into a cut.

So, because my last cut was described as badass by Cantfly  :laugh: do you think that holding at 5mg until September would be too long a hold or not?

It would make it a 3 month hold.

I'm worried about having bad symptoms especially vertigo while I'm away and I'm starting [crosses everything] to feel ok holding on 5mgs.

I dread having vertigo while I'm away with people.

I just wanted also to say WELCOME to Tommy.

You couldn't have found a better, friendlier more helpful group to rest in  :thumbsup:

Hey Slowly,

I had some things I wanted to do last summer - and I wanted to feel good - so I ended up holding for 4 months.  I felt pretty good after 2 but didn't want to wreck my summer with wd so I held for 4 months.  I'm glad I did but it wasn't easy to keep the urge to cut in check.  I put a firm "hold date" on my calendar and had a talk with myself whenever I had to urge to cut.  I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a "taper break". :thumbsup:  In fact I think it can be a good thing to have some extra healing time while feeling well.

Ok Gard, if I'm to host the big shindig it will be a crab feast and the dress code is swimwear.  8) 8)

Wonderful! BG will bring mops. You bring the crab. And Cookie will bring....Well, we'll see!

(Still thinking about my swimwear :o.)

Wonderful! BG will bring mops. You bring the crab. And Cookie will bring....Well, we'll see!

I'm putting out my crab pots as we speak!  Is Cookie going on the grill??? :D  Free will be DJ'ing and I've requested Dancing In The Streets - since we WILL be doing that! ;D

OK, party at Lynn's. Friday to Sunday to celebrate so many July milestones.

Music is taken care of. Food is taken care of. Crab and ??? (No idea what Cookie is up to.) Still need beverages. Volunteers? 

Come in jeans (or blue shorts), bring swimwear. If you don't bring swimwear, I have sent a supply of swimwear to Lynn's place and you will be forced to don something. >:D

749b0cc5d48b894ba4a4dc6da930e658--old-fashioned-swimsuits-vintage-clothing.jpg

I'm putting out my crab pots as we speak!  Is Cookie going on the grill??? :D  Free will be DJ'ing and I've requested Dancing In The Streets - since we WILL be doing that! ;D

[glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow] is bringing Deviled eggs of course...and no word about the grill for her to hear please...we are besties now... :smitten:

[glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow] is bringing Deviled eggs of course...and no word about the grill for her to hear please...we are besties now... :smitten:

Believe it or not, I got into disagreement with my daughter over whether or not Cookie would bring deviled eggs. I won.  :angel:

Hi All: it's been a while. Sounds like some of you are doing great! Um, not to be a downer but I need advice. Been holding at 4 Valium for almost 3 months and vision issues just not improving. I've been to opthamologists and going back to optometrist this week to see if it's glasses. I seem to need them for everything now, reading, driving, working on computer, but 6 months ago I didn't other than driving? What the heck? Is this normal? Should I make a cut? I'm scared as I have big deadline with work and I can't afford for things to worsen just now but this eye stuffis bad and also giving me headaches. Any thoughts? Sorry to be a party pooper. Does anyone do liquid titration here? Seeing dr this week. Ugh!

I have only been taking V for about 8 months, and didnt have any vision issues until I started it. I am down to 1.87 mg day and will still get blurriness, pressure, etc. at unpredictable times.

Hi All: it's been a while. Sounds like some of you are doing great! Um, not to be a downer but I need advice. Been holding at 4 Valium for almost 3 months and vision issues just not improving. I've been to opthamologists and going back to optometrist this week to see if it's glasses. I seem to need them for everything now, reading, driving, working on computer, but 6 months ago I didn't other than driving? What the heck? Is this normal? Should I make a cut? I'm scared as I have big deadline with work and I can't afford for things to worsen just now but this eye stuffis bad and also giving me headaches. Any thoughts? Sorry to be a party pooper. Does anyone do liquid titration here? Seeing dr this week. Ugh!

I have only been taking V for about 8 months, and didnt have any vision issues until I started it. I am down to 1.87 mg day and will still get blurriness, pressure, etc. at unpredictable times.

I am the same Cally. I never had blurry vision until a couple of years after I started Valium.  :)--V

Oh man! I'm so sorry for getting back to you guys so late. I couldn't find where I last left off. Brain isn't working. It was lovely to read all your words of support. Thank you Cantfly for always being there. My 'misery' is still here but I was being overdramatic lol.

Thank you Valley Um for your advice on the chlorpromazine. I hate the side effects, my eyes feel really sore and the pupils are pinned and I feel a bit depressed. Which is unusual for me, I have purely GAD, not depression! But I will be alright. I think I'll just cut the dose in half and be done with it in a few days.

Shoutout to Lynn, Can do, Be good :)

Hope you are all ok

Wow, I'm so excited for everyone and their accomplishments. I can't wait for the partay  :thumbsup:

giphy.gif

Looks like swimming trunks to me! :laugh:

I will bring my own swimsuit as blue is not my color :laugh:

Well, despite my wave I decided to cut .0019mg starting last night. I'm feeling about the same currently. I've been debating "cutting" .0019mg every four days. If I do that then I will be down to 1mg of K in a year. That means it will take me about nine or ten years to get off this med if I continue at the same rate. I'm really not happy about that. I also want to do a sxs based taper so I don't even know if I can "cut" at that rate without holding due to sxs. I suppose if the idea is to be functional while we taper it doesn't matter how long it takes. Could it really end up taking that long to get off of this stuff? Sigh. Oh well, I need to focus on being functional not how long it will take. It's so hard to do though. I think I'll just focus on this weekend's party.

Cookie is ready to party!

party-chicken.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hugs and healing to everyone,

T

edit: reference to deleted post removed

[50...]