Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi TNTD. I started to notice the klonopin was no longer working years ago then kept getting sicker. My doctors had no clue what was going on. After reading the Ashton manual I figured out what was causing my problems. Tolerance then tolerance withdrawal. I overdosed and am now holding but feel worse everyday. Is it normal the keep feeling sicker before getting better.? I'm willing to hold for a longtime but am concerned i'm wasting my time. Thank you to all who answer. I'm still figuring this site out. I may post this twice. Sorry

Hi Tommy,

I highly recommend you read what Colin had to say about tolerance after reading what your interpretation of tolerance is. It does sound like you may have tolerance withdrawal, or relative withdrawal, but I wouldn't know for sure as I am not experiencing what you are.

I didn't start feeling better in my hold until three months into it. Then I had a really nice window that lasted for about a month and now I'm back into a wave. I have read that some people feel sicker before they feel better. I have even read of people holding for a year or more before they stabilize. If you are in true tolerance though Colin has this to say,'

"If you are unfortunate enough to develop Relative Withdrawal symptoms, you will not gain relief through stabilising your

dose. If you experience withdrawal symptoms before starting your taper - that is to say, Relative Withdrawal symptoms - all 

you can do is withdraw at a sensible taper rate. If once you have started your taper you then develop withdrawal

symptoms, it can be difficult to determine if you are suffering withdrawal symptoms because your withdrawal is too rapid,

or if it is the result of developing Relative Withdrawal. If you experience no relief after stabilising your dose for some time,

you have probably developed Relative Withdrawal symptoms. In this unfortunate situation, all you can do is continue to

taper off at a reasonable and tolerable rate.

I hope some of this is helpful. I'm sure others will chime in with their experiences and thoughts. We all have such different journeys.

Hugs to you  :hug:,

T

GreenCup: Sounds like we may be about same age, mid 40's, when things naturally start to tank with vision BUT, I agree, seems too fast--and up until I started needing driving glasses ALL the time, I never needed reading glasses---Now I really can't look at my computer and work w/out them--but can still read a book w/out glasses tho I do seem to get sort of hovering tension headaches I am sure are related to eye stress. I go back again to new eye doctor this week, I don't even care what's causing it at this point, I just need it to stop as it really is prohibitive to functioning!! UGH!!

Valley Um: Great to hear from you. Do you feel like you've stopped stressing about it and just accepted it as something that will pass? I think I may be jacked for good on this one--but again, if I could get right prescription, that'd be ok--a lot of people have bad eyes--right? But the variability day to day makes it really hard. Right?

GreenCup: Sounds like we may be about same age, mid 40's, when things naturally start to tank with vision BUT, I agree, seems too fast--and up until I started needing driving glasses ALL the time, I never needed reading glasses---Now I really can't look at my computer and work w/out them--but can still read a book w/out glasses tho I do seem to get sort of hovering tension headaches I am sure are related to eye stress. I go back again to new eye doctor this week, I don't even care what's causing it at this point, I just need it to stop as it really is prohibitive to functioning!! UGH!!

Valley Um: Great to hear from you. Do you feel like you've stopped stressing about it and just accepted it as something that will pass? I think I may be jacked for good on this one--but again, if I could get right prescription, that'd be ok--a lot of people have bad eyes--right? But the variability day to day makes it really hard. Right?

Hi BP. I gave up stressing about it years ago. I just noticed that my eyes were burry all the time one day especially when trying to read. I didn't connect it with benzos until I connected the dots prior to starting a taper. I'm sure it will clear up as I get lower in my taper. It is an annoying symptom.  :)--V

Hi Tommy,

I highly recommend you read what Colin had to say about tolerance after reading what your interpretation of tolerance is. It does sound like you may have tolerance withdrawal, or relative withdrawal, but I wouldn't know for sure as I am not experiencing what you are.

I didn't start feeling better in my hold until three months into it. Then I had a really nice window that lasted for about a month and now I'm back into a wave. I have read that some people feel sicker before they feel better. I have even read of people holding for a year or more before they stabilize. If you are in true tolerance though Colin has this to say,'

"If you are unfortunate enough to develop Relative Withdrawal symptoms, you will not gain relief through stabilising your

dose. If you experience withdrawal symptoms before starting your taper - that is to say, Relative Withdrawal symptoms - all 

you can do is withdraw at a sensible taper rate. If once you have started your taper you then develop withdrawal

symptoms, it can be difficult to determine if you are suffering withdrawal symptoms because your withdrawal is too rapid,

or if it is the result of developing Relative Withdrawal. If you experience no relief after stabilising your dose for some time,

you have probably developed Relative Withdrawal symptoms. In this unfortunate situation, all you can do is continue to

taper off at a reasonable and tolerable rate.

I hope some of this is helpful. I'm sure others will chime in with their experiences and thoughts. We all have such different journeys.

Hugs to you  :hug:,

T

Thanks TNTD .  I did read his post about tolerance. I know the klonopin stopped working because my anxiety and panic went through the roof but the other dozens of symptoms I had didn't start till after I started my taper. So I guess I wasn't in tolerance withdrawal. Now i'm just in withdrawal. This is kinda hard to figure out because my anxiety and panic were way worse before I started tapering than I had before the klonopin so it's tough to figure out what mess I'm in.

Thanks for the help.

Hey, is anybody keeping track of Lynn's countdown? I've got one impatient turtle who wants to celebrate on my hands. :laugh:

80219432f3afa926d2ce205a3e46be8e--turtle-birthday-turtle-party.jpg

Valley:

U r at 6mg Valium? And this started mid taper? Has it improved or you just are living with it and not stressing? Sorry to be so specific?

Thanks! Buw

Hey, is anybody keeping track of Lynn's countdown? I've got one impatient turtle who wants to celebrate on my hands. :laugh:

I'm not sure but the chickens have already started dancing.  :laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/sOb1nqI.gif

I'm not sure but the chickens have already started dancing.  :laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/sOb1nqI.gif

FIVE DAYS!!!    ...but who's counting? :D

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is having a good, or at least ,better day.

I started my microtaper  10 days ago.

I am at .975 , down from 1mg Valium ( reducing.005 every 2 days).

I have no wdfx. (Except the pins and needles in arms and hands that come and go for quite a while now and will probably stay with me until I'm off this poison)

I have no new wdsx. Except for tiny blips here and there, I am really ME again for some time.

I had planned on a 5 day hold after ten days(when I got to .975 )$and then start this mt plan as long as I could go.

Now I'm wondering if I should try to go down a bit more, maybe to .960 or .950 and the put in a  hold depending on how I feel.

Don't want to rush it but

Maybe this mt really is easier for my CNS to handle and maybe I should try to keep up the rhythm ?

But maybe I will get sdfx and mess up the whoke thing ? Am I rushing this? Shouod I try it?

Why can't there be a definite right or wrong? It would be so much easier than making these decisions! ARGHHH !

Advice?...  any one?

Heath  ???:smitten:???

Heath,

Since it's V which has a lag time of 9 or so days, I would give it the full 10 days.  No need to rush it.  I wait 10 days on xanax which usually hits day 3-4.  I err on the side of caution and, well, we are turtles and chickens and we have a rep to maintain. ;)

Heath, I think lynn is right that there's a significant lag time with these slow benzos. But I haven't quite figured out what mine is. I think it's 7 or 8 days. You just stared your taper again, right? I think a short hold after 10 days might be good after your first series of cuts. It might help you figure out what your lag time is and if the rate you are going is OK or not.

Gard :smitten:

I just checked my math and I am 7 days from knocking off a capsule. First capsule I've knocked off since my long hold.  I'm right on your heels, lynn! Well, sort of. Except for the 2 years to get rid of the rest of the capsules. But who's counting?!  :laugh:

[glow=red,2,300]5[/glow] days to party number one.

[glow=red,2,300]7[/glow] days to party number two.

I sure hope Cant shows up again in time for the parties. We could use a Wild Aussie around here at party time.

Whoops!  Heath, I misread.  You were planning to hold 5 days.  I think 10 might be a better idea given the lag.  I wouldn't cut further just yet.  I'd wait to see how you handled this present amount.  If it went really well then you probably could increase.  But I think it's too soon to know.

I just checked my math and I am 7 days from knocking off a capsule. First capsule I've knocked off since my long hold.  I'm right on your heels, lynn! Well, sort of. Except for the 2 years to get rid of the rest of the capsules. But who's counting?!  :laugh:

[glow=red,2,300]5[/glow] days to party number one.

[glow=red,2,300]7[/glow] days to party number two.

I sure hope Cant shows up again in time for the parties. We could use a Wild Aussie around here at party time.

That's great news Gard!  Little by little and before you know it you're done. :thumbsup:

So...who's hosting the Partay and what are we having to eat?  We can combine celebrations but I'm not mopping Cant's house. :tickedoff:

Great advice LYNN and GARDNER,

THANKS so much!

I'll wait and do the hold before starting the mt again.

Heath

Great news for you both, I am ready to celebrate.  I also cut .5 mg off my dose finally and I think it is going to stick.  Symptoms ramped up but hanging in there.  So happy for us all.  :smitten:

Whoops!  Heath, I misread.  You were planning to hold 5 days.  I think 10 might be a better idea given the lag.  I wouldn't cut further just yet.  I'd wait to see how you handled this present amount. If it went really well then you probably could increase.  But I think it's too soon to know.

:thumbsup:

That's how I re-started. Really slowly, and then increasing really slowly. When I knock off the capsule, I'm going to hold a week and decide how to go from there.

Great news for you both, I am ready to celebrate.  I also cut .5 mg off my dose finally and I think it is going to stick.  Symptoms ramped up but hanging in there.  So happy for us all.  :smitten:

Yay, Free! Another one celebrating! July is certainly a momentous month. I think we'll should just start on Friday and go through the weekend. Personally, I think the one who is jumping should host.  :D

Should we put Cookie in charge of refreshments?  :angel:

Wonderful news Gard!! Im almost down to 5 mg- one pill will be a reward in itself. But Im going to Ohio to see hubbys family for a week, so Im gonna be behind you in the landmark game. Good luck!!!

Free that is greet news, little by little you will get there, as you know I have said all along. Hang in there and your body will adjust. Stay Strong. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

[61...]