Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thanks for the reply Valley-

How long did your shingles last? Did you also have fatigue for a long period of time? I too am wearing large t shirts and just holding them away from my skin...driving is the worst cause I can't do that...

Hi Cally. I remember I had fatigue from the constant pain. I was lucky in that the shingles resolved very quickly for me. Hope things turn around quickly for you!  :)--V

My dad's resolved, too. My advice is reduce stress and give your body rest and good nutrition so it can heal. :thumbsup:

Thanks - appreciate it. Don't get Shingles

That's a good one!

Don't get Shingles!

I already had Shingles....TWICE!

Unheard of , right?  But it was confirmed by blood tests, rash , the whole thing both times...HOWEVER... I was very lucky.. very light case both times  .......no pain except back pain, on the side where the rash was.... rash and all ill effects were completely gone in two weeks or so. Because it was caught, early, a medicine called Valtrx is what kept it to a light case,

So I better not get Shingkes AGAIN!

DONT YOU GET SHINGLES AGAIN EITHER MY FRIEND!

Hope your pain and the rash resolve quickly.

There is a shingles shot available now (in the USA)that is supposed to protect you from getting shingles.. But it is a live virus. My doc advised me not to get it. There are mixed views about it. So... I don't know??

But feel better!

Heath

My friends doc told her she couldnt have shingles twice. You most certainly can- lots of people do, especially if they have some kind of immune system problem. My husband has leukemia and his oncologist has him on valtrex for LIFE because he had shingles a few years ago and doesnt want him to get it again. Some docs are so short sighted- which is really too bad for the people that end up going to them!

MIYU.......

I can not really properly express how happy I am for you!  And how I admire you.

You are a hero! And a warrior! AND AN INSPIRATION TO EVERYONE ON THIS SUPPORT GROUP!

I kept reading your posts in the past and saw how you have constantly fought on, even through the longest and worst difficult wdsx. You never gave up!

And now to read your last post....well it's just amazing..  :clap: :clap: :clap::yippee:

Better than amazing, as you said.

And I am Glad you have the support of your doc and he is not rushing you. That means a lot.

So the very best to you on your continued journey! I can't wait to hear about your many new milestones, windows, progress.

Blessings, peace, patience and courage on your continued journey!

And congratulations!

Heath :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you dearest Heath ,  :smitten: :smitten: you are so sweet and supportive . I'm just catching up after a few days off line . I hope you are doing well, and happy 4th July!

Love MiYu  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

MiYu,

I'm so glad your doctor is letting you go at your own pace. It makes a world of difference when you don't feel like you are on someone else's timetable.  I hope you can figure out the pace that works well for you.

Hugs,

T

Thank you dear TNTD , I hope you are doing ok? Love , MiYu  :smitten:

HELLO also to MiYu - we haven't "met" :) but I've been reading your posts.

I don't know how you have coped - you are a hero :thumbsup:

I also kind of wish I had never found the Ashton manual.

Making me feel worse, wussy and stupid and more scared.

Hi Slowly , nice to meet you  :) I've just been catching up on all the posts of the last few days , I took a break from being online so much.

I'm glad you are here , it's a great group , and enjoy the tennis ( hope I'm remembering that right ! )

Hi everyone ..... I see there's not much about July 4 th here ..... I guess we're multi national so it might be not such an appropriate subject? I used to have a tee shirt with a Union Jack on it that I would wear on July 4 th , here in CA , I got a few looks and laughs !

I'm hanging there , slowly recouperating , and hoping my new strategy of using nut milk for my taper will work ...I haven't had the reaction I had to the vodka / water liquid that brought on awful symptoms last time I tried . So this is good.

So now I'm just waiting to stabilize more from my little 1/16 th microtaper in June  :(

I MUST be the slowest turtle ever ! 🐢🐢🐢

Love to everyone .....

MiYu  :smitten:  :hug: :hug: :smitten:🐢🐓🐓

HAPPY

INDEPENCE DAY!

HAPPY 4th of JULY

to all my U.S.A. Buddies and anyone and everyone else out there.

HEATH

HAPPY

INDEPENCE DAY!

HAPPY 4th of JULY

HEATH

You, too, Heath and Everybody! Hope my USA buddies are enjoying their picnics, boating, or just relaxing. :thumbsup:

Seems our mascot has been out enjoying today's parades.

Ah well, even a mascot deserve a day off...as long as he's back by tomorrow!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zBUCzREx7Bg/ThI2istfuUI/AAAAAAAAAs4/lo--DcBeRyA/s1600/DSC03189.JPG

HAPPY

INDEPENCE DAY!

HAPPY 4th of JULY

HEATH

You, too, Heath and Everybody! Hope my USA buddies are enjoying their picnics, boating, or just relaxing. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Hope everyone is having a great day!  All my daughters dropped in for the 4th which is rare so I haven't been on much.  :)--V

HAPPY

INDEPENCE DAY!

HAPPY 4th of JULY

HEATH

:thumbsup: Hope everyone is having a great day!  All my daughters dropped in for the 4th which is rare so I haven't been on much.  :)--V

Hoping everyone had a nice Fourth of July. I took off work Monday so I have had a nice four day vacation.

Been feeling pretty good since my hold too.    :thumbsup:

HAPPY

INDEPENCE DAY!

HAPPY 4th of JULY

HEATH

Hoping everyone had a nice Fourth of July. I took off work Monday so I have had a nice four day vacation.

[glow=red,2,300]"Great News about your Hold" :thumbsup:[/glow] 

HAPPY

INDEPENCE DAY!

HAPPY 4th of JULY

HEATH

Glad to hear this, S! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Feeling icky today. Maybe too much celebration food? Maybe started DMT too soon?

Don't know. Only tapered down to .985 so far from 1.0 Might hold again before I anticipated. Maybe wait one more day? Might be a flook?

Thus is SO HARD! darn it!

Just venting,

Heath  :crazy::idiot::-[

Nobody around today? Hope everyone is ok.

Sorry you're feeling bad, Heath. I'm blaming my symptoms on all the ice cream I ate yesterday. :sick:

Hope things turn around for you soon.

Gard  :smitten:

Feeling icky today. Maybe too much celebration food? Maybe started DMT too soon?

Don't know. Only tapered down to .985 so far from 1.0 Might hold again before I anticipated. Maybe wait one more day? Might be a flook?

Thus is SO HARD! darn it!

Just venting,

Heath  :crazy::idiot::-[

Nobody around today? Hope everyone is ok.

I'm here Heath :smitten: so sorry you are feeling bad , may it pass soon , love MIYu  :smitten:

HAPPY

INDEPENCE DAY!

HAPPY 4th of JULY

HEATH

Glad to hear this, S! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for your support. Nothing major.  Just feeling crappy. I'm sure it will pass soon.

I'm a crybaby, ya know!

Heath  :brickwall:

Thanks everyone for your support. Nothing major.  Just feeling crappy. I'm sure it will pass soon.

I'm a crybaby, ya know!

Heath  :brickwall:

Heath, think of all the good things you have done and breathe, use my little red breathe in my sig. Try not to beat yourself up, things go up and down all the time with benzo tapers, you girl fight the benzo  >:D with both guns and shoot the crappy feelings down. You are going to be OK. :) 

[97...]