Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey there GARD!. Thanks for clearing up your taper schedule for me.

Still I could never do thAt. All power to you. and may it keep going smoothly! :thumbsup:

Heath  :smitten:

Heathcliff I'm also glad you cleared up Gard's taper. ;D

It was scaring me to death when it said 8% and maybe 10% and I thought it was every week  :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks all of you for the great welcome and support.

I was feeling pretty awful yesterday, and sorry for myself.

Feel better after reading this.

Love Valley's intrusive thoughts chicken pic  :idiot:;D

Thanks Valley, Gard, Heathcliff for the advice.

I know you are right and I always loved the tortoise and hare story.

I will just tell myself it doesn't matter if I take another year to cut my measly 5mgs then I won't get too impatient with myself.

I keep trying to remind myself tht it's less than a year since I was on 15mgs and 5mg of those were Nitrazepam which gave me really bad  wd when I crossed  it to diazepam so suddenly. :crazy: 

I will try to be S L O W :thumbsup:

Hey there GARD!. Thanks for clearing up your taper schedule for me.

Still I could never do thAt. All power to you. and may it keep going smoothly! :thumbsup:

Heath  :smitten:

Thanks, Heath. I have a long way to go so I expect I'll be slowing down as I get lower.

Gard :smitten:

Hey Fellow Turtles (chickens, sloths, etc.)

I've hit a milestone on my taper and am entering the beginning of the end.  I'm now at .010mg xanax.  I will drop to .005 in ten days and then zero in another 10 days.

I already know that having a slow taper (non)schedule and holding when things ramped-up have made a huge difference in the number and severity of my withdrawal symptoms over the past year or so of this 2.5yr taper.  It's a striking contrast to the first part of my taper.  The intolerable became completely tolerable, life has been fully lived and the days have flown by with little thought about my taper or wd.

I will have to wait and see what the post-jump will bring but am pretty confident that it will be nothing I can't handle. :thumbsup:

I'm very glad to have found this group of buddies. :smitten:  I was in a "hold" (and had had a long one the previous year) when I came across this Support Group.  It was such a relief.  I knew that holds worked for me and brought about recovery and healing ...but...was having alot of self-doubt in reading bad things about holds and holding.  I was starting to get convinced that I was harming myself by holding.  It's very easy to get yourself crazy around here. :crazy:  Anyway...I am very thankful to this group.  I might have gotten myself into a very bad way if not for the buddies here and the group effort to understand the "truth" of holding.

I'm hoping that this slow taper will help mitigate things when I'm off.  I'll let you all know how that goes...

Lynn, I am so happy that I met you and that we have been able to stay the course. You have helped me and the greater BB with your help and kindness. All we can ever do is try, but this Journey with you has been easier, Thank you it is a pleasure to know you and so glad you found your way here. It could have been much harder, but we must be true to ourselves always, and when in doubt get the heck out of a place that is not helping. I know that you will do well, and that when you "Slide off" you will handle anything, you already have that down pat. "Happy Sliding Off" days ahead. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hello lynn33

So glad you are doing well  :thumbsup:

I'm also glad I found these turtles and tortoises :)

Valley Um  I've put a question to you on the Diaz -Pam's Example of a daily reduction plan thread in the titration section.

There is no rush because I'm holding at 5mgs for the time being until I feel ok but I needed a bit of help if I do a titration.

Would be glad of some advice.  [anyone  :) but I just saw a post by Valley over there so thought he might help as I've probably got it all wrong  :crazy::idiot:

I've hit a milestone on my taper and am entering the beginning of the end.  I'm now at .010mg xanax.  I will drop to .005 in ten days and then zero in another 10 days.

I already know that having a slow taper (non)schedule and holding when things ramped-up have made a huge difference in the number and severity of my withdrawal symptoms over the past year or so of this 2.5yr taper.  It's a striking contrast to the first part of my taper.  The intolerable became completely tolerable, life has been fully lived and the days have flown by with little thought about my taper or wd.

I will have to wait and see what the post-jump will bring but am pretty confident that it will be nothing I can't handle. :thumbsup:

I'm very glad to have found this group of buddies. :smitten:  I was in a "hold" (and had had a long one the previous year) when I came across this Support Group.  It was such a relief.  I knew that holds worked for me and brought about recovery and healing ...but...was having alot of self-doubt in reading bad things about holds and holding.  I was starting to get convinced that I was harming myself by holding.  It's very easy to get yourself crazy around here. :crazy:  Anyway...I am very thankful to this group.  I might have gotten myself into a very bad way if not for the buddies here and the group effort to understand the "truth" of holding.

I'm hoping that this slow taper will help mitigate things when I'm off.  I'll let you all know how that goes...

Congratulations Lynn! You've shown us all how it's done. I'm confident the "slide off" will be non eventful.  :)--V

Hello lynn33

Valley Um  I've put a question to you on the Diaz -Pam's Example of a daily reduction plan thread in the titration section.

There is no rush because I'm holding at 5mgs for the time being until I feel ok but I needed a bit of help if I do a titration.

Would be glad of some advice.  [anyone  :) but I just saw a post by Valley over there so thought he might help as I've probably got it all wrong  :crazy::idiot:

Hi slowly. I'd be happy to help. Just let me know what you need.  :)--V

Hello lynn33

ooohhh Goodie..!! MATHS..!!! -Gard will like this...

Well done Lynn..!!! -a true pro..!!!!

What else did i miss..  -I will read in the morning...

My best to All...

So happy for you Lynn. At one point I was hoping to be off the same time as you. Now I have a new favorite saying.

"Hold,  it does a body good"

You've certainly earned this moment.    :thumbsup:

Best Wishes

Lynn, I am so happy for you I don't know whether to laugh or cry! :'(  ;D  :hug:

Hello lynn33

ooohhh Goodie..!! MATHS..!!! -Gard will like this...

Well done Lynn..!!! -a true pro..!!!!

What else did i miss..  -I will read in the morning...

My best to All...

Gard will close her eyes so she doesn't get dizzy! :sick:

:) LOL

Som :ebody loves math!!??

I knew this was a crazy group but I hadn't reckoned on real insanity. :idiot:

If there is a dyslexia but with numbers - I've got it.

I panic at the sight of a page of numbers....and that's not because of benzos.

Been much better today so feeling more hopeful.

thanks everyone for your support.

Have replied to you, Valley, on the titration thread :thumbsup:thanks

;DLOL

Somebody loves math!!??

I knew this was a crazy group but I hadn't reckoned on real insanity. :idiot:

If there is a dyslexia but with numbers - I've got it.

I panic at the sight of a page of numbers....and that's not because of benzos.

Been much better today so feeling more hopeful.

thanks everyone for your support.

Have replied to you, Valley, on the titration thread :thumbsup:thanks

Just to make something clear. Everything Cant says should be taken with a grain of salt. Or a shakerful of salt. I do not like math! I bow to the math gurus. When my brain comes back, I will try it again, but not until then!

SI, did you know there's a "preview" button at the lower right that lets you see your post before you post? That way you can see if the emojis worked. So often they don't. But then you can mess with them until they do.

Gard- what dose of L are you on and what is your cut rate right now?

I'm holding, trying to stabilize and then plan to switch to MT.

I'm cutting at 8% at the moment. I plan to cut for 3 more weeks and then hold. Might try 10% after that. Depends on how this round goes.

Hi Gard , well done reaching 8% rate!  :thumbsup: I'm glad you're symptoms abated enough for you to continue .  :smitten:

I'm in a  bit of a pickle ..... I have microtapered 1/16 th mg over the month of June , with holds in there . My symptoms have been worsening over this last week. I just can't believe I'm this sensitive still.

I know I need to hold again , but I'm feeling despondent as I had hoped my 8 months with 1/4 mg only reduction would be enough to start me up again.

I'm loosing my faith in holding .....I guess I'm afraid that the longer I'm on the V the harder it will be , or that it will always be this way for me , tapering . It's all so unpredictable .

I know what Nova would say ...  :-*

I'm just feeling a bit hopeless at the moment that I can't taper .

Talking to my doc this week and I know he wants me to keep tapering . I need to find another doc but just don't feel well enough to do that right now. I so want a life as I do this .

Hope everyone else is hanging in there or better .

Love to all ,

MiYu  :smitten: :smitten:

Gard- what dose of L are you on and what is your cut rate right now?

I'm holding, trying to stabilize and then plan to switch to MT.

I'm cutting at 8% at the moment. I plan to cut for 3 more weeks and then hold. Might try 10% after that. Depends on how this round goes.

Hi Gard , well done reaching 8% rate!  :thumbsup: I'm glad you're symptoms abated enough for you to continue .  :smitten:

I'm in a  bit of a pickle ..... I have microtapered 1/16 th mg over the month of June , with holds in there . My symptoms have been worsening over this last week. I just can't believe I'm this sensitive still.

I know I need to hold again , but I'm feeling despondent as I had hoped my 8 months with 1/4 mg only reduction would be enough to start me up again.

I'm loosing my faith in holding .....I guess I'm afraid that the longer I'm on the V the harder it will be , or that it will always be this way for me , tapering . It's all so unpredictable .

I know what Nova would say ...  :-*

I'm just feeling a bit hopeless at the moment that I can't taper .

Talking to my doc this week and I know he wants me to keep tapering . I need to find another doc but just don't feel well enough to do that right now. I so want a life as I do this .

Hope everyone else is hanging in there or better .

Love to all ,

MiYu  :smitten: :smitten:

I'm sorry you continue to fight with sxs MiYu. When you hold do you get any windows at all?  :)--V

I'm sorry you continue to fight with sxs MiYu. When you hold do you get any windows at all?  :)--V

I was wondering that, too. :-\

I was wondering that, too. :-\

No windows ..... I think I had one day that I would call a window, and then here and there I had better days , but I never felt well the whole eight months , and over time altho I was able to do more and had less symptoms , i was still pretty disabled the whole time .

No work , no social life , mostly housebound ..... So I guess why I feel so depressed about it .

:'(

Ps the only time i seem to get a little break is when I make a tiny cut ..... I'll get something like a short window then , and then the WDs come on full force and seem to last forever!

Ps the only time i seem to get a little break is when I make a tiny cut ..... I'll get something like a short window then , and then the WDs come on full force and seem to last forever!

Well this is interesting. I wonder if you made really small daily cuts of .005 for a week if,,you would feel better? Just thinking out loud.  :)--V

There's one guy on FB like me ..... He's been tapering 5 years from 12 mgs V , he held a year in that time and had one 2 hr window the whole time , he held another six months after that with no improvement , so he kept tapering , slowly . He's almost off but said its been brutal the whole way . No window at all.

Cruel ....

[43...]