Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

http://68.media.tumblr.com/b215e70ccaa601afd61eecc343644edb/tumblr_inline_o7hobcP1Kh1rd9d03_500.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Is that how Cookie looks at you?

That's how all chickens look at you lol.  :)--V

GARD,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR WONDERFUL REPLY. IT  REALLY PUSHED MY BUTTONS and helped me a lot.

I can tell you understand just what I am gong through. Mine are adults living on their own too, but as you know, once a mother always a mother no matter how old your kids are.

I am feeling better now that the day has gone by.

I'm distracting by trying very hard to create a photo album on the computer. The website I am using is not very user friendly and it is taking many hours to get this done. But at least it keeps me busy so I don't sit and worry.

I hope your taper goes smoothly. Holding for a year must have been next to impossible. I sure hope you don't have to do that again.

You are a gem,Gard!  Hope your moderating is going well! By all of my accounts, you are the tops!

Oh guys, thank you so much. The key word you mentioned Heath is PAST cuts, not the latest. It all makes perfect sense. It's not just 'me' or all in my head.

I had a recent messy break up with someone suffering from borderline disorder (no kids involved) I'm also  peri menopausal (49yrs old) so I didn't know wth was causing these symptoms. Your support means so much.... I'll get there! :smitten:

edit: removed potential trigger

GARD,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR WONDERFUL REPLY. IT  REALLY PUSHED MY BUTTONS and helped me a lot.

I can tell you understand just what I am gong through. Mine are adults living on their own too, but as you know, once a mother always a mother no matter how old your kids are.

I am feeling better now that the day has gone by.

I'm distracting by trying very hard to create a photo album on the computer. The website I am using is not very user friendly and it is taking many hours to get this done. But at least it keeps me busy so I don't sit and worry.

I hope your taper goes smoothly. Holding for a year must have been next to impossible. I sure hope you don't have to do that again.

You are a gem,Gard!  Hope your moderating is going well! By all of my accounts, you are the tops!

:hug:

Hi Gardener, Irishlass, Heathcliff for your welcome.

LOVE the Wild Aussie  ;D

This is a nice distracting place to be.

Sorry Heathcliff is having a bad time - hope you improve soon  :hug:

I was feeling good yesterday and my vertigo didn't start until around 7pm which is near to my dose time so I was thinking I could carry on cutting.

Now today it's back strongly at midday  :-\

No idea what to do - it seems such a small problem/symptom compared with alot that others are going through - I'm tempted to cut again.

I'm 24 days into this cut and I so long to get rid of these diazepam altogether. :'(

I'm getting impatient with myself.

Looking at my sig dates do you think my cuts are, or have been , too big or do they look ok?

Also wanted to ask you  [sorry about being a nuisance but I'm new to this]  do the symptoms rev up again after each cut?

I'm so tempted just to get it over with so as not to just keep on and on and on and...well you get the picture.

I didn't have much vertigo until well into this cut and hardly any with previous cuts.

I don't know what suddenly happened ???

Just stood up, went into kitchen and almost fell onto the cat  :crazy: who would not have been pleased if I'd squashed her  ;D

Keep being tempted into just throwing the damned benzos away  and get it over with- but I guess that's idiotic.

Interested to hear that Valley Um keeps chickens.

I have a friend who rescues chickens from battery farms and keep them, cossets them, has a special playground set up for them  :idiot::)  - she keeps them indefinitely and they are in pretty bad shape when she gets them but very soon are looking good and enjoying their new life.

They lay well and I benefit from free new laid eggs in return for helping her with them which I do for fun.

I don't have room to keep anything other than my cat since I was separated [divorce signed and sealed this month]

He couldn't stand my whining about the depression the benzos gave me, the whining about the withdrawals ....etc...etc

I was divorced on grounds of aggressive unreasonable behaviour.

Not bothering me that much but gets lonely sometimes.

That is why I'm so desperate to get rid of these benzos - I have never been called a whining person before.

Thanks for letting me vent :)....done now.

Love and support to all of you who are having bad times and thanks again for the welcome and the laughs from reading some of your posts  :hug: :hug:

Hi Gardener, Irishlass, Heathcliff for your welcome.

LOVE the Wild Aussie  ;D

This is a nice distracting place to be.

Sorry Heathcliff is having a bad time - hope you improve soon  :hug:

I was feeling good yesterday and my vertigo didn't start until around 7pm which is near to my dose time so I was thinking I could carry on cutting.

Now today it's back strongly at midday  :-\

No idea what to do - it seems such a small problem/symptom compared with alot that others are going through - I'm tempted to cut again.

I'm 24 days into this cut and I so long to get rid of these diazepam altogether. :'(

I'm getting impatient with myself.

Looking at my sig dates do you think my cuts are, or have been , too big or do they look ok?

Also wanted to ask you  [sorry about being a nuisance but I'm new to this]  do the symptoms rev up again after each cut?

I'm so tempted just to get it over with so as not to just keep on and on and on and...well you get the picture.

I didn't have much vertigo until well into this cut and hardly any with previous cuts.

I don't know what suddenly happened ???

Just stood up, went into kitchen and almost fell onto the cat  :crazy: who would not have been pleased if I'd squashed her  ;D

Keep being tempted into just throwing the damned benzos away  and get it over with- but I guess that's idiotic.

Interested to hear that Valley Um keeps chickens.

I have a friend who rescues chickens from battery farms and keep them, cossets them, has a special playground set up for them  :idiot::)  - she keeps them indefinitely and they are in pretty bad shape when she gets them but very soon are looking good and enjoying their new life.

They lay well and I benefit from free new laid eggs in return for helping her with them which I do for fun.

I don't have room to keep anything other than my cat since I was separated [divorce signed and sealed this month]

He couldn't stand my whining about the depression the benzos gave me, the whining about the withdrawals ....etc...etc

I was divorced on grounds of aggressive unreasonable behaviour.

Not bothering me that much but gets lonely sometimes.

That is why I'm so desperate to get rid of these benzos - I have never been called a whining person before.

Thanks for letting me vent :)....done now.

Love and support to all of you who are having bad times and thanks again for the welcome and the laughs from reading some of your posts  :hug: :hug:

Hi slowly. Sorry about your situation. I can certainly relate as I tend to focus on my sxs a lot and know my wife is sick of it. I'm certainly not who I was pre benzo lol. As far as answering your questions, I would personally tread carefully if I was experiencing vertigo. I know you and all of us want to get off as soon as we can but we also have to try to do it with the least amount of damage and disruption. Vertigo can quickly escalate into several other unpleasant sxs if you cut too soon IMO. The whole purpose of tapering is to remain as functional as possible while at the same time finding a rate that allows us to do so. We will get off but many of us need to be patient especially as we get lower.

Your cuts look reasonable, however it's impossible to tell from one cut to another what will happen. My advice is to just be careful and not push through any sxs that are intolerable and interfere with your life.  Hope the vertigo passes soon!  :)--V

Hi slowly. Sorry about your situation. I can certainly relate as I tend to focus on my sxs a lot and know my wife is sick of it. I'm certainly not who I was pre benzo lol. As far as answering your questions, I would personally tread carefully if I was experiencing vertigo. I know you and all of us want to get off as soon as we can but we also have to try to do it with the least amount of damage and disruption. Vertigo can quickly escalate into several other unpleasant sxs if you cut too soon IMO. The whole purpose of tapering is to remain as functional as possible while at the same time finding a rate that allows us to do so. We will get off but many of us need to be patient especially as we get lower.

Your cuts look reasonable, however it's impossible to tell from one cut to another what will happen. My advice is to just be careful and not push through any sxs that are intolerable and interfere with your life.  Hope the vertigo passes soon!  :)--V

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gard- what dose of L are you on and what is your cut rate right now?

I'm holding, trying to stabilize and then plan to switch to MT.

I'm cutting at 8% at the moment. I plan to cut for 3 more weeks and then hold. Might try 10% after that. Depends on how this round goes.

Gard, I don't want to put a damper on anyone's taper. You are the best judge of what you can handle and what your body is telling you. But the thought of a 10% cut would surely knock me on my  Arse! Actually, 8% would knock me on my arse too! And you're doing it!!

So...just be careful. Be cautious. The best of luck to you... :thumbsup: ....with major windows and only blips on your way.

Heath  :smitten:

Hi Slowly, Just in case I missed welcoming you, better to do it again! Welcome! If you can figure out the craziness on here, feel free to join in at any time. The more the merrier.

We have a lot of imaginary adventures on this thread. We even had a cyber-marriage (Cant and BG). Valley really does keep chickens. BG became cyber-best friends with his chicken, Cookie, after she agreed not to eat Cookie. Of course, with a name like Cookie..... >:D  Since we are all turtles when it comes to tapering, we have a turtle-chicken mascot. The turtle mascot actually pre-dates our wild Aussie turtle, Cant. Having a Ninja turtle on board has turned our concept of turtle on its head. I also have a feeling a squirrel might be showing up in some of our stories now. ;) So welcome to our menagerie, um, support group.

Gard :)

What a nice welcoming you gave to Slowly! And I want to welcome Slowly too! Welcome to our craaazzzy group!

But.... just a minute Gard!  Girlfriend! And all that Jazz... just wait a minute! .....

Since when did BG and CANT get MARRIED?  :yippee:  and why wasn't I invited to the wedding?  What's going on here?  What have I missed? Did he buy her a ring? Were they engaged before that? Hey... fill me in!! I'm sure the ceremony was beautiful! Were the chickens there? And the turtles and sloths? Who was the flower girl?  Darn it..I missed the whole thing!

Heath :D;D  :idiot:

Hi Slowly,

I agree with everything Valley um has said so I'm no going to repeat it. Especially the part where  he posts about GOING SLOWLY. Going slowly and listening to your body, and NOT cutting when you are experiencing bad sdfx, (especially dizziness, that's the worst fir me) is so important. IMO and my experience and what I read others also experience fir sure, is the faster you go, the worse it gets.

Holding and waiting until you are stable, or at least almost wdsx free, before you resume your cuts and tapering, is of prime importance.

Yes it's soooo very hard to wait and hold when necessary.. We all have that difficulty because we all WANT OFF of our benzo. But rushing will only make you miserable, and then you will have to hold again, and so it will slow you down in the long run.

IMO slow and steady wins the race... turtles are pretty darn smart!

Best of luck in your taper! We are all here for you.

Heath :):therethere:

Here's a story you will all remember from your early childhood years.

( I can't help it, I am a kindergarten teacher.)

Remember the fable of The Tortoise and the Hare?  Remember the Moral at the end?

The tortoise and the hare were in a race to the finish line.

The hare ran as fast as he could, but he ran so fast, and felt so awful and tired that he had to stop every so often to take a rest.

The tortoise went very slowly. He never rushed ahead.

Even though the hare was way ahead in the beginning of the race, because he had to take big long rests, he did not stay ahead for long.

The slow and steady turtle won the race.

Moral to the story.....

SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE!

IMO if we can think of this fable every time we want to rush ahead, it might just help us to keep it slow.

Hares don't win the race! :thumbsup:

Heath

:smitten::therethere: :therethere: best to everyone :therethere: :therethere:

Remember the fable of The Tortoise and the Hare?  Remember the Moral at the end?

The tortoise and the hair were in a race to the finish line.

The hare ran as fast as he could, but he ran so fast, and felt so awful and tired that he had to stop every so often to take a rest.

Even though the hare was way ahead in the beginning of the race, because he had to take big long rests, he did not stay ahead for long.

Moral to the story.....

IMO if we can think of this fable every time we want to rush ahead, it might just help us to keep it slow.

Heath

Hi Heath. I'm sure the modern version includes a chicken.  ;D

http://i.imgur.com/qvnObN5.gif

And let's not forget this one.  :laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/wDkFtQY.jpg

However...  chickens have been known to cheat when racing....

chicken-driving-car.gif?w=656

The tortoise and the hair were in a race to the finish line.

Even though the hare was way ahead in the beginning of the race, because he had to take big long rests, he did not stay ahead for long.  :thumbsup:

Moral to the story.....

Heath

And let's not forget this one.  :laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/wDkFtQY.jpg

However...  chickens have been known to cheat when racing....

chicken-driving-car.gif?w=656

HMMMMM....TALK ABOUT CHEATING!!!! And I bet Cookie doesn't even have a license to drive! :D

Gard- what dose of L are you on and what is your cut rate right now?

I'm holding, trying to stabilize and then plan to switch to MT.

I'm cutting at 8% at the moment. I plan to cut for 3 more weeks and then hold. Might try 10% after that. Depends on how this round goes.

Gard, I don't want to put a damper on anyone's taper. You are the best judge of what you can handle and what your body is telling you. But the thought of a 10% cut would surely knock me on my  Arse! Actually, 8% would knock me on my arse too! And you're doing it!!

So...just be careful. Be cautious. The best of luck to you... :thumbsup: ....with major windows and only blips on your way.

Heath  :smitten:

Oops, Heath, I meant that was my taper rate for the WHOLE month! I cut 2-3 times/week. Every week I adjust a little higher if I think I can tolerate it. So, right now, if I would keep this pace up for a month, I would cut 8%. Next week I might cut a smidgen faster and be at 9% (if I kept it up for a whole month). And so on, in total chicken mode. :thumbsup:

Gard :smitten:

Hi Slowly, Just in case I missed welcoming you, better to do it again! Welcome! If you can figure out the craziness on here, feel free to join in at any time. The more the merrier.

We have a lot of imaginary adventures on this thread. We even had a cyber-marriage (Cant and BG). Valley really does keep chickens. BG became cyber-best friends with his chicken, Cookie, after she agreed not to eat Cookie. Of course, with a name like Cookie..... >:D  Since we are all turtles when it comes to tapering, we have a turtle-chicken mascot. The turtle mascot actually pre-dates our wild Aussie turtle, Cant. Having a Ninja turtle on board has turned our concept of turtle on its head. I also have a feeling a squirrel might be showing up in some of our stories now. ;) So welcome to our menagerie, um, support group.

Gard :)

What a nice welcoming you gave to Slowly! And I want to welcome Slowly too! Welcome to our craaazzzy group!

But.... just a minute Gard!  Girlfriend! And all that Jazz... just wait a minute! .....

Since when did BG and CANT get MARRIED?  :yippee:  and why wasn't I invited to the wedding?  What's going on here?  What have I missed? Did he buy her a ring? Were they engaged before that? Hey... fill me in!! I'm sure the ceremony was beautiful! Were the chickens there? And the turtles and sloths? Who was the flower girl?  Darn it..I missed the whole thing!

Heath :D;D  :idiot:

OK, this is benzo brain reporting, so take this with a grain of salt. I think they got married when BG turned into a mermaid and swam to Australia and they started making googly eyes at each other on her blog. I stumbled across them in the middle of the romance. I don't know if one of them proposed or if we forced them to get married. I remember there was a cake. Maybe I brought it. I remember nothing else! :idiot: BG or Cant will have to fill in the details. But they may be like :-X because it was a quickie wedding. :laugh:

Not sure where this fits in but it caught my eye. OK I'll stop now.  :laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/EFt83UB.jpg

::) Hi Valley hope all is well and i guess it`s an intrusive thought picture EH ! :o

Not sure where this fits in but it caught my eye. OK I'll stop now.  :laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/EFt83UB.jpg

::) Hi Valley hope all is well and i guess it`s an intrusive thought picture EH ! :o

Hi can do. I'm doing well. Hope all is well with you.  :)--V

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the support about missing my dose. I have still been feeling really good  :thumbsup:

Did I miss the chicken festival?  Just in case I did manage to make it to a strawberry festival this weekend! First time in a year that I've been able to go further than into town. It was an hour away! We went with our daughter and her boyfriend. We had a wonderful time.

I hope other people are reaping the benefits of holding. My pdoc said I could hold the rest of the summer if I want to. I'm not sure yet, I still kind of want to try to do a micro taper in July.

Sounds like things have been fun on the thread. I have been out so much that I don't get much time on the computer anymore. I do miss our joking around though. I have a desire to be on here and playing with all of you and a desire to be outside and doing stuff like gardening and walking the dog. I do miss all of you though.

Big hugs and healing energy for everyone.  :smitten: :smitten: :hug: :hug:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the support about missing my dose. I have still been feeling really good  :thumbsup:

Did I miss the chicken festival?  Just in case I did manage to make it to a strawberry festival this weekend! First time in a year that I've been able to go further than into town. It was an hour away! We went with our daughter and her boyfriend. We had a wonderful time.

I hope other people are reaping the benefits of holding. My pdoc said I could hold the rest of the summer if I want to. I'm not sure yet, I still kind of want to try to do a micro taper in July.

Sounds like things have been fun on the thread. I have been out so much that I don't get much time on the computer anymore. I do miss our joking around though. I have a desire to be on here and playing with all of you and a desire to be outside and doing stuff like gardening and walking the dog. I do miss all of you though.

Big hugs and healing energy for everyone.  :smitten: :smitten: :hug: :hug:

So good to hear from you tntd. Especially that you are doing well! Take advantage of being able to get out and live life! We'll be here when you need us.  :)--V

[ea...]