Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Yes, wouldn't you think our chief chicken-meister would be on their mailing list?

I've got my plane tickets. Will meet all Long Hold Buddies at the fireworks tonight!

http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/321/fireworks.jpg

Sounds like a fun festival :D

I ended up getting so far behind and not posting because I was trying to read everything before I posted and now I'm so lost. I can't remeber anything so I figured I would just post.

I've been doing pretty well. Getting out and doing things and being mostly functional most of the time. Then I got really depressed and was considering dropping my buspar about 10% because it has caused depression for me in the past. I was still considering it when I forgot to take it. I didn't realize it until the next day when I was writing in my meds journal. That morning I had woken up without feeling depressed and have only had occasional moments of feeling down since then. That was a little over a week ago. Then I stupidly forgot to take my night time dose of clonazepam. Yikes!! I didn't sleep well that night and had increased anxiety along with a raging headache and some other symptoms. However they weren't as bad as when I cut 2.3% in February. I did add the dose back in between my morning and afternoon dose. The headache went away pretty quickly but the anxiety and agoraphobia are still a bit higher than they were previously and that happened yesterday.

I was wondering if this little mishap is going to throw off my hold? I was planning on starting to taper again in July but now I'm not sure if I should. My doctor is good with whatever I choose so that's not a problem. Does anyone have any thoughts on any of this?

By the way, how was the party at Can'ts? I feel like I've missed so much :(

Hugs and healing everyone,

T

Sounds like a fun festival :D

I ended up getting so far behind and not posting because I was trying to read everything before I posted and now I'm so lost. I can't remeber anything so I figured I would just post.

I've been doing pretty well. Getting out and doing things and being mostly functional most of the time. Then I got really depressed and was considering dropping my buspar about 10% because it has caused depression for me in the past. I was still considering it when I forgot to take it. I didn't realize it until the next day when I was writing in my meds journal. That morning I had woken up without feeling depressed and have only had occasional moments of feeling down since then. That was a little over a week ago. Then I stupidly forgot to take my night time dose of clonazepam. Yikes!! I didn't sleep well that night and had increased anxiety along with a raging headache and some other symptoms. However they weren't as bad as when I cut 2.3% in February. I did add the dose back in between my morning and afternoon dose. The headache went away pretty quickly but the anxiety and agoraphobia are still a bit higher than they were previously and that happened yesterday.

I was wondering if this little mishap is going to throw off my hold? I was planning on starting to taper again in July but now I'm not sure if I should. My doctor is good with whatever I choose so that's not a problem. Does anyone have any thoughts on any of this?

By the way, how was the party at Can'ts? I feel like I've missed so much :(

Hugs and healing everyone,

T

Hi tntd. It sounds like things are improving with just some minor dosing issues.  I really don't think the dose mistake will hurt you much in the long run. I hope there is continued improvement.

We still haven't had the party at cantfly's. Still trying to figure out the travel arrangements lol.  :)--V

Agree with, V. Would only expect a blip from missing one dose.

Party postponed. Chicken Fest is our alternative entertainment for the weekend. :D

Yall wish me luck. Im doing a craft show at the fairgrounds tomorrow and I need money. Not just for bills but now for CHICKEN FEST🐔🐣🐤🐥🐓

Yall wish me luck. Im doing a craft show at the fairgrounds tomorrow and I need money. Not just for bills but now for CHICKEN FEST🐔🐣🐤🐥🐓

You're seriously going to be at a real fair? What fun! I hope you do well with your crafts. And remember, Chicken Fest comes before bills. :D

So much talk of fairs on the forum today. I think it started with Cant, but not sure. And it ended with Chicken Fest! I couldn't believe when I googled and there really was such a thing! Complete with chicken-shaped fireworks. (OK, I made that part up.) But those made-up fireworks were so cool! And I bought a souvenir for V's chickens. So many choices, but I found the perfect thing.

SWNG1001.gif

Woo hoo! A chicken fest!

http://rs556.pbsrc.com/albums/ss3/musashi1987/chicken_dancing_chicken_dance.gif~c200

Nice to wake up and read the last couple of pages!!!

I am feeling better and better every day now, 3 in a row!!!

Physically this is the best in over 8 months,

-the changing mental SX like anxiety, are a bit hard to guage as they arent normal for me...  But they seem to be fading too.. 

So today, Im a happy little holder..!!!

-It has been a long few years, one med or the other...

Thank You Guys... -Every turtle needs a safe rock...

For those struggeling, Follow the principals, It will happen...

And for me atleast, I went from bad to much better quite quickly, after a long hold with no improvment for many months...

Be Well

Great news can't!  :thumbsup:

Wow! Can't! What a great post to read when I first opened this forum to read! You sure waited long enough to get your well deserved reward!  Congratulations on your three recent days of feeling better and better. May your days continue with such rewards! YAY! For YOU! :thumbsup::smitten:

Heath :thumbsup:

Hey Tntd, Great to see you!!!

Yes, dont sweat the missed dose... Some of us are quite good at that trick..  -hey V... -Yeah, yeah... (the chickens stole my dose)!!

The Party best go on hold.. -I fell asleep again...!! (16 hours!!!)

So encouraging to get windows and waves though...

Heath, Thanks... Am off and running now!!! -I find it so interesting... Guess n see..!!

A couple more ups n downs, and I hope I will have a pattern...

Though I must be honest and say the down bit was a bit harsh, or perhaps there is much contrast...

Am getting ready for an evening at the FAIR... (show)...

But C14 doesnt think it so cool to have a dad there... -possibly a girlfriend thing.. lol

My Best to all...

It's sure nice to read reports of those doing well! :thumbsup:  We've sure seen some turn-arounds!

Now, to the Fair talk.  All of this has compelled me to check into the local doings.  End of July.  I haven't been in over 20 years but am marking it down for this year.  It's a rural County and has the 4-H animal competition, the Bake Sale, the rides, etc., etc.  I'm looking forward to one of the ubiquitous hot sausage sandwiches (with peppers and onions).  Maybe the Ferris Wheel but certainly no tilt-a-whirl!  I hope there is a Demolition Derby - always my favorite and, of course, bumper cars (people better wear a neck collar :D).

Something to look forward too!  Now...I have to borrow a little kid so it doesn't look like I am the one who wants to go. ;)

I agree with Lynn it is nice to see the good reports. I am also thinking of going to our State Fair in early August, I am looking forward to it, it has been a long time, many moons ago. Deep fried anything sounds good...and a nice walk looking at all of the people and just being one with the Ferris wheel, that is high as I will go...it is fifty miles from me, I am going to look into a day/eve trip with a group.  :smitten:

[glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow] tell your Daddy that I want to take you to the State Fair as my guest, if he will fly you down here for the weekend in Late August. :)

Tntd great to see you post, don't worry you will be fine, most of us have missed a dose, the only problem would be if you did it all the time. :smitten:

Hi I've been reading the posts starting from the first and need some advice please.

I have cut n held my diazepam from 15mgs last July to 5mgs now.

As you will see from profile I had a long hold after C/O from 5mgs Ntrazepam + 10mgs diazepam to 15mgs diazepam, because my wds were so bad and lasted the entire summer and autumn.

I followed Ashton manual which advised C/O and says that 5mgs Nitraz is equal to 5mgs diazepam which was then supposed to be easier to withdraw from.

In January this year I decided to carry on cutting because i really want to be without these drugs - they were causing such depression, worse than I've ever experienced.

At that time I felt well - the wds from cutting the Nitrazepam had completely gone.

I've cut my  15mg dose by two thirds in just under a year but have held doses for around a month each time.

I thought that was too long until I read this thread.

I was/am considering another cut down to 4mg or 3.75mg but am scared and don't know whether to hold for longer....I've been on 5mgs since June 1st.

I am having vertigo and some ear pain every day at the moment and also anxiety which mainly hits in the evening, before my regular dose time.

I just don't know whether it would be better to just keep on cutting or to hold?

Will holding just prolong the agony do you think.

"Listening to my body"  is kind of not working because this vertigo seems to continue for many people for months even after they are benzo free  :-\

If I hold for another month should I then see how my vertigo is and if it hasn't gone [which I suspect may be the case]  just make my next cut regardless?

Sorry if this sounds incoherent  :) but I do feel very confused.

I was taking the diaz/Nitrazepam for 2 years 7months before deciding to withdraw.

So far I've taken almost a year to cut by two thirds.

Any advice will be very welcome even though I know you can only use ypur own experiences and everyone's are different.

I see other posts on here and people are cutting every one or two weeks.

Makes me feel wussy  :-\

Sorry - edit....I don't start to feel any increase in wds until around 15 days into each cut.

Hi I've been reading the posts starting from the first and need some advice please.

I have cut n held my diazepam from 15mgs last July to 5mgs now.

As you will see from profile I had a long hold after C/O from 5mgs Ntrazepam + 10mgs diazepam to 15mgs diazepam, because my wds were so bad and lasted the entire summer and autumn.

I followed Ashton manual which advised C/O and says that 5mgs Nitraz is equal to 5mgs diazepam which was then supposed to be easier to withdraw from.

In January this year I decided to carry on cutting because i really want to be without these drugs - they were causing such depression, worse than I've ever experienced.

At that time I felt well - the wds from cutting the Nitrazepam had completely gone.

I've cut my  15mg dose by two thirds in just under a year but have held doses for around a month each time.

I thought that was too long until I read this thread.

I was/am considering another cut down to 4mg or 3.75mg but am scared and don't know whether to hold for longer....I've been on 5mgs since June 1st.

I am having vertigo and some ear pain every day at the moment and also anxiety which mainly hits in the evening, before my regular dose time.

I just don't know whether it would be better to just keep on cutting or to hold?

Will holding just prolong the agony do you think.

"Listening to my body"  is kind of not working because this vertigo seems to continue for many people for months even after they are benzo free  :-\

If I hold for another month should I then see how my vertigo is and if it hasn't gone [which I suspect may be the case]  just make my next cut regardless?

Sorry if this sounds incoherent  :) but I do feel very confused.

I was taking the diaz/Nitrazepam for 2 years 7months before deciding to withdraw.

So far I've taken almost a year to cut by two thirds.

Any advice will be very welcome even though I know you can only use ypur own experiences and everyone's are different.

I see other posts on here and people are cutting every one or two weeks.

Makes me feel wussy  :-\

I had a "hold the wall" episode of vertigo that lasted weeks.  I held until it was gone and then held a little longer to allow repair.  I, too, went to the dizzy forum - a mistake.  Personally, I would never cut under such circumstance.  Maybe...I'd re-evaluate after 3 or 4 months of holding.  I think (my opinion only) that cutting in the face of bad wd causes injury that can take a very long time to heal.  I've yet to see a hold hurt someone (perhaps wasted time for those that are paradoxical) but going faster than your brain can keep up with can result in protracted - certainly not always but I wouldn't risk it myself.

Woo hoo! A chicken fest!

http://rs556.pbsrc.com/albums/ss3/musashi1987/chicken_dancing_chicken_dance.gif~c200

Oh, what a sight first thing in the morning! Feeling dizzy. :wacko:

It's sure nice to read reports of those doing well! :thumbsup:  We've sure seen some turn-arounds!

Now, to the Fair talk.  All of this has compelled me to check into the local doings.  End of July.  I haven't been in over 20 years but am marking it down for this year.  It's a rural County and has the 4-H animal competition, the Bake Sale, the rides, etc., etc.  I'm looking forward to one of the ubiquitous hot sausage sandwiches (with peppers and onions).  Maybe the Ferris Wheel but certainly no tilt-a-whirl!  I hope there is a Demolition Derby - always my favorite and, of course, bumper cars (people better wear a neck collar :D).

Something to look forward too!  Now...I have to borrow a little kid so it doesn't look like I am the one who wants to go. ;)

I was thinking of the fair, too. But forgot I need to borrow a little kid! Hmmmm, this could be tough! I have ZERO grandchildren. :-[

I was thinking of the fair, too. But forgot I need to borrow a little kid! Hmmmm, this could be tough! I have ZERO grandchildren. :-[

I don't have any yet either Gard.  But I can't wait as I'm in serious need of some "play dates" :D :D

lynn33

Thank you so much for replying.

I must admit that my own instinct is to hold until the vertigo goes away.

It has done so after my previous cuts but it maybe is taking a little longer the lower my does goes.

Thank you for your help.

I will definitely hold until I feel better.

It has worked for me before and, as you all say on this thread, it isn't a race is it? :thumbsup:

I agree with Lynn it is nice to see the good reports. I am also thinking of going to our State Fair in early August, I am looking forward to it, it has been a long time, many moons ago. Deep fried anything sounds good...and a nice walk looking at all of the people and just being one with the Ferris wheel, that is high as I will go...it is fifty miles from me, I am going to look into a day/eve trip with a group.  :smitten:

[glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow] tell your Daddy that I want to take you to the State Fair as my guest, if he will fly you down here for the weekend in Late August. :)

Cookie is excited and is already packing her bags.  :)--V

lynn33

Thank you so much for replying.

I must admit that my own instinct is to hold until the vertigo goes away.

It has done so after my previous cuts but it maybe is taking a little longer the lower my does goes.

Thank you for your help.

I will definitely hold until I feel better.

It has worked for me before and, as you all say on this thread, it isn't a race is it? :thumbsup:

I agree with lynn. My vertigo has always resolved when holding.  :)--V

Just for the record...

Eeeewwww...  SPLAT...

-but this turtle can bounce... :)

-Will let u know when...

My spirits are fine, I know these changes are a good thing... It was those months of no change that were the hardest... 

I passed on going to the show in the end, but dropped C14 and his GF there...

-next year...

I did see the fireworks though... -thought I saw a turtle, I did... I did..!!

My Best to All...

Thank you Valley Um  :thumbsup:

I started to doubt myself but it definitely has always gone before I started my next cut.

I just seem really slow but I see that you have had 1 month and 2 month holds so I guess it will be better for me.

I shouldn't have read the "boaty flying " thread - scared me.

My brain must be a tortoise  :)

Just for the record...

Eeeewwww...  SPLAT...

-Will let u know when...

My spirits are fine, I know these changes are a good thing... It was those months of no change that were the hardest... 

-next year...

My Best to All...

Having a vague memory of being 14, I'm quite sure C14 was relieved to be alone with his GF. ;D

Hope you feel better soon!

Hey Kitty, have fun at the fair and report back!  I want to hear all about it!

Just for the record...

Eeeewwww...  SPLAT...

-Will let u know when...

-next year...

My Best to All...

Having a vague memory of being 14, I'm quite sure C14 was relieved to be alone with his GF. ;D

Hope you feel better soon!

Oh dear I was bad at 14 so sneaky and did things behind my Dads back all the time, meeting boys at the Circus and that is all I am saying..... :angel:

[1b...]