Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Yep- even a half a mg a month is too fast for me. My rate is about a half mg every 6 weeks and add in holds whenever needed. Some folks can go fast, and some just cant. If you try and go faster than your brain can handle, it can be very hard to settle back in. Best to listen to what your body is trying to tell you❤️

Yep- even a half a mg a month is too fast for me. My rate is about a half mg every 6 weeks and add in holds whenever needed. Some folks can go fast, and some just cant. If you try and go faster than your brain can handle, it can be very hard to settle back in. Best to listen to what your body is trying to tell you❤️

Yep is right. I am at 1. And the last mg, I hear,  is the hardest.  I only cut about .005 a month for the past few months It took me about 4 months to get from 1.1 mg to 1 mg.

It will probably take me at least a year or more to get to zero. But at Least I'll be able to function, go to work, socialize, etc, and live my life.

Heath :smitten:❤️

And THAT is the most important thing. Its not the speed of your taper- its the quality of life you have while you taper. Find your speed and you will most likely find it a much easier road to travel.

And THAT is the most important thing. Its not the speed of your taper- its the quality of life you have while you taper. Find your speed and you will most likely find it a much easier road to travel.

You bet! I'm with you kitty! ❤️💜💙👍 :smitten:

Heath

free and lainey, it's so sad to read of your continued struggles with w/d. I'm sorry I don't have any words of wisdom. I can only say that it took nearly a year after my cross to Librium for me to stabilize to the point I could function. I had tapered too fast. I had crossed without stabilizing. Then I had started up tapering again because I felt I needed to get lower on the L no matter the cost because it was so depressing. So my nervous system was in bad shape when I started my hold. That burning pain over so much of my body and the depression were the worst at that point. The hold seemed eternal and was terribly disheartening. Suffering for nothing was what I thought. But it turned out I was suffering to stabilize. Slowly, I saw signs of improvement. Waves and windows, but at least I had windows! Now I am tapering again. With pain, but less pain. I'm making progress toward small goals. I hope my doctor allows me to hold when I need to, but we have't discussed that yet. One step at a time.

I pray that day when you see windows and know you are stabilizing comes for you soon. :hug:

Gard :smitten:

Thanks so much Gard.  You are all so special and supportive here.  I don't post much because I really feel so awful but I have always kept up.  Bless you all for always giving hope.  :smitten:

Thanks so much Gard.  You are all so special and supportive here.  I don't post much because I really feel so awful but I have always kept up.  Bless you all for always giving hope.  :smitten:

Glad you dropped by Free, stop in some more. You know how I think and will not give up ever for you. :smitten:

[glow=red,2,300]Amen,[/glow] This is a great post. :thumbsup:

Valley would you please add this to the Propaganda list. :)

Nice to wake up and read the last couple of pages!!!

I am feeling better and better every day now, 3 in a row!!!

Physically this is the best in over 8 months,

-the changing mental SX like anxiety, are a bit hard to guage as they arent normal for me...  But they seem to be fading too.. 

So today, Im a happy little holder..!!!

-It has been a long few years, one med or the other...

Thank You Guys... -Every turtle needs a safe rock...

For those struggeling, Follow the principals, It will happen...

And for me atleast, I went from bad to much better quite quickly, after a long hold with no improvment for many months...

Be Well

Hey Cant that is the best news, and from one "Turtle to another" it might take us longer to get places but with our little legs we are slowly getting there. When we crane our neck and look back we have walked many miles slowly but surely. :thumbsup:

Nice to wake up and read the last couple of pages!!!

I am feeling better and better every day now, 3 in a row!!!

Physically this is the best in over 8 months,

-the changing mental SX like anxiety, are a bit hard to guage as they arent normal for me...  But they seem to be fading too.. 

So today, Im a happy little holder..!!!

-It has been a long few years, one med or the other...

Thank You Guys... -Every turtle needs a safe rock...

For those struggeling, Follow the principals, It will happen...

And for me atleast, I went from bad to much better quite quickly, after a long hold with no improvment for many months...

Be Well

Great news can't!  :thumbsup:

Thanks Everyone, You are the BEST!!!

-is early days... -but the change makes getting better so very real... -Its not just probable theory anymore...

Fatigue hit me again today... -no problem, its loud n clear that this is healing time..!!

-it means yet more, and possibly better, days to follow...

-till then... -Zzzzzzzzz

:)

Tis the start of school hollidays, and our show weekend!!!

-could I DARE..???!!!

-Why not..!!! -will make a bed in the back of the car... :)

-is early days... -but the change makes getting better so very real... -Its not just probable theory anymore...

Fatigue hit me again today... -no problem, its loud n clear that this is healing time..!!

-till then... -Zzzzzzzzz

-could I DARE..???!!!

What "show", dare I ask? :D

-till then... -Zzzzzzzzz

-could I DARE..???!!!

yeah, your safe... Just the country show, rides n stuff...

And im safe..  -its not a boat show... :(

-till then... -Zzzzzzzzz

-could I DARE..???!!!

Oh, ok.  That sounds like a "Fair" - ferris wheel, cotton candy, knocking over milk bottles to win stuffed animals...is this what you are talking about?  Was just remembering the other day taking our then young son to an old-time County Fair down this way.  They even had 4-H and prizes for pigs, etc. :D  ...I'd like to go again...no Ferris Wheel for me, though. :o  My favorite is the Demolition Derby. :)

-till then... -Zzzzzzzzz

-could I DARE..???!!!

Oh, ok.  That sounds like a "Fair" - ferris wheel, cotton candy, knocking over milk bottles to win stuffed animals...is this what you are talking about?  Was just remembering the other day taking our then young son to an old-time County Fair down this way.  They even had 4-H and prizes for pigs, etc. :D  ...I'd like to go again...no Ferris Wheel for me, though. :o  My favorite is the Demolition Derby. :)

"My favorite is the Demolition Derby". can not see you at the bake sales and such but yes the big noise and fun things a go for you.:thumbsup:

-till then... -Zzzzzzzzz

-could I DARE..???!!!

"My favorite is the Demolition Derby". can not see you at the bake sales and such but yes the big noise and fun things a go for you.:thumbsup:

...I've been known to buy a pie (or 3) :D

-till then... -Zzzzzzzzz

-could I DARE..???!!!

...I've been known to buy a pie (or 3) :D

yeah, a fair show...

Wood chopping, rides that empty the stomach... -face painting...

-not an Expo...

-till then... -Zzzzzzzzz

-could I DARE..???!!!

I'm inspired and happy for you!

Cotton candy. The Ferris Wheel. Kids picking plastic ducks to win a prize.

I think I kept their pockets lined with my kids picking duckies over and over.

What great memories! ;D

http://laestrellabounce.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Cotton-Candy-60-Including-50-sticks-and-flossugar-Pink-or-Blue-15-7-1.jpeghttp://www.umich.edu/~eng217/student_projects/Chicago%20Inventions/F1.jpg3b72c230e352266d2b75a258c6aca451.jpg

Welcome to Long Hold Friday. I have supplied an important link below. This actual festival is happening right now! Hurry! You don't want to miss it! :D

Chicken Fest

Gard

Welcome to Long Hold Friday. I have supplied an important link below. This actual festival is happening right now! Hurry! You don't want to miss it! :D

Chicken Fest

Gard

How come this is the first I'm hearing of this!  :)--V

[d9...]