Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I had this Heath.  Wavy lines on the outside of both eyes.  It didn't last long.  I also had extreme sensitivity to light to the point I thought I needed sunglasses in my bedroom(!).  That's long gone as well.

Hey Heath... You might have to share this sx after all...!!

Eye (I) also have horrid sensibility and pain... I cant use the corners of my eyes. Feels like they r attatched to fish hooks deep in my brain... And im sure my day fatigue is connected to light sensitivity.

I sure hope it doesnt last long for you...

-I have turnsd my brightness down on all my screens...

Thanks Gard

:)

Hey Heath... You might have to share this sx after all...!!

Eye (I) also have horrid sensibility and pain... I cant use the corners of my eyes. Feels like they r attatched to fish hooks deep in my brain... And im sure my day fatigue is connected to light sensitivity.

I sure hope it doesnt last long for you...

-I have turnsd my brightness down on all my screens...

Thanks Gard

:)

Hi CF  :hug:  I did that ages ago , I also have an add on that turns it down as much as you like even to midnight black, I use Firefox browser and it's an add on from there. My PC was still too bright turned right down, and I got the brightness and sharpness turned down on the TV.

There was a time I couldn't look out the window in the daylight but that's passed but I wouldn't discount the fact it may unexpectedly​ come back again like other symptoms have when I thought they were gone for good. Nothing is unexpected with this crap any more to be honest  ::)

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Wow...so many replies!

You people always make me feel so much better and confident that it is only wdsx that I am experiencing.

Thank you so much for making me feel oh so much better!

And thanks for the link Gard. I will definitely check it out!

Also it's about four hours since this eye thing started and it is now gone , for now!

IMO, you people are really just about 100% right on! just about all the time!

Grateful and smitten!  HEATH :thumbsup::smitten:

Wow...so many replies!

You people always make me feel so much better and confident that it is only wdsx that I am experiencing.

Thank you so much for making me feel oh so much better!

And thanks for the link Gard. I will definitely check it out!

Also it's about four hours since this eye thing started and it is now gone , for now!

IMO, you people are really just about 100% right on! just about all the time!

Grateful and smitten!  HEATH :thumbsup::smitten:

:clap:

Heath,

Sorry for the late reply but I had my three grandkids here all last night and all today, just sent them home now with their Mom.

I have posted on here before about how from time to time I get what are called ocular migraines.

They always start off for me at least with visual issues like a bright hot filament of a light bulb. For me it always progresses to an actual migraine headache but if I take a Motrin or Aleve I can cut it short and back to normal in a few hours.

This may be related to what you have described along with others but without the history of migraines perhaps it resolves without the headache.

Any way I hope you pass through this phase quickly and get back on the road to feeling normal soon.

You say you are on day 8 since your last cut so no doubt you have a few hurdles to jump yet but let's hope they are low to the ground.  :thumbsup:

You are doing great to have gotten to where you are.  :)

Peace & Healing

ATU 🙏🏻

I just want to say that I had my three grandkids here for the last 48 hours and as they are at the age 4, 6 & 8, they do tend to make their share of noise and occupy much of my time.

I have been in a mini anxiety state since about an hour after they arrived. Burning arms poor digestion health worry etc. The normal nonsense that can occupy our minds when we are in the depths of a cut.

Only I am not in the depths of a cut.

Is it common to have such a situation throw us out of whack like that?

Thanks!

ATU 👍

So I thought my updose that i made almost 4 weeks ago was working because in the last week I had mostly pretty good days.  Yesterday wasn't so good and today was pretty bad.  Im planning on holding.  From experience do you think I will eventually stabilize?  I have not decreased my dose in 8 weeks. 4 weeks ago the updose.  Its just so soul crushing when I thought I was stabilizing only to be hit with it again.  I know this isn't a long hold yet but do you think the few good days mean I might be stabilizing? Im so scared and I see no way out of this!  Im sorry to be a bummer.

So I thought my updose that i made almost 4 weeks ago was working because in the last week I had mostly pretty good days.  Yesterday wasn't so good and today was pretty bad.  Im planning on holding.  From experience do you think I will eventually stabilize?  I have not decreased my dose in 8 weeks. 4 weeks ago the updose.  Its just so soul crushing when I thought I was stabilizing only to be hit with it again.  I know this isn't a long hold yet but do you think the few good days mean I might be stabilizing? Im so scared and I see no way out of this!  Im sorry to be a bummer.

Hi pooky. It's absolutely a good sign if you've had windows of any kind. It's also very normal to have ups and downs. Good days and bad days until finally things begin to normalize and you will be stable. This is an appropriate quote for what you're experiencing.  :)--V

"Unfortunately, the classic pattern with benzo withdrawal (with all psych meds, but especially benzos) is pretty roller-coaster-y: better days/worse days/better days etc.

It's pretty typical in a situation where one has pushed the tapering a bit too hard and gotten into a bad patch, for it to not resolve as quickly as it has in the past. In fact this is a pretty normal pattern: we taper along and things seem to go okay, and then symptoms start to sort of build up and not resolve quite as fast as usual, and then we sort of "hit the wall." That's when it's time to stop tapering!

(Well, actually, if we notice the "buildup and not resolve as fast" phase, that's actually the best time to stop and hold, but I don't know about you, but I'm usually too impatient for that.)

You've tapered pretty fast--not unreasonably, but not slowly. Now you're down to a significantly lower dose than where you started. It might be time for a nice long hold to allow your body and nervous and endocrine systems time to catch up, heal and rebalance.

It sounds like that's what your body may be telling you, and your body is the only real expert on how you need to taper.

It's normal to feel pessimistic and bleak during a bout of withdrawal symptoms, even for a really positive person during an otherwise successful taper. It's like we just lose our ability to see the good side of things, like things have never been good, even though logically we know they must have been. That's just another symptom.

Giving your body time to really restabilize and get solid now will make your future taper much easier.

And when you're ready to taper again, I would consider taking intermittent longer holds of several weeks from time to time.

Basically, the takeaway: What you're experiencing is normal. "

Hi Pooky,

As Valley said, the ups and downs are normal. I was feeling great for the last week.  I felt completely normal.  It was wonderful.  Today, I had an uptick in symptoms.  It is always hard to accept after feeling so well.  I think a continued hold is the way to go.  That is what I will do.  I have been cutting by a very small amount daily (0.0004 mg) so  I will hold for a while until I feel better. 

Take care, and I hope the symptoms resolve soon.

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

I just want to say that I had my three grandkids here for the last 48 hours and as they are at the age 4, 6 & 8, they do tend to make their share of noise and occupy much of my time.

I have been in a mini anxiety state since about an hour after they arrived. Burning arms poor digestion health worry etc. The normal nonsense that can occupy our minds when we are in the depths of a cut.

Thanks!

ATU 👍

I would say yes. We are extra sensitive to stress when our systems are struggling with benzos. I don't think you need to be in a wave to be sensitized to stress. Three small children for 48 hours would certainly qualify as stress!

Hope you get back on an even keel soon!

Gard

Thanks!

ATU 👍

ATU,

I agree with Gard.  Any type of stress can ramp up symptoms and cause a reappearance of ones that had left.  We are in a weakened state in terms of our nervous system being able to handle things.  We can be feeling well and then have some stress going on that brings on wd sxs.  I think it will probably take some decent amount of time before we can handle stressful situations without experiencing some degree of ramping.  I'm doing much better in this regard but I have a ways to go.

Thanks!

ATU 👍

My granddaughter certainly taxes me lol. I watch her a lot and she is 2 and very demanding. Hope things normalize soon.  :)--V

Hey, V, Happy Father's Day, and here is a present from Cookie, who asked me to wrap it especially for you.

(Not sure where she got it since she's past her prime, but I'm sure she has connections. ;))

http://www.pregonline.com/myimages/eggdonor.jpg

Hey, Heath. Here's an interesting post that talks about how benzos affect your brain. If you scroll down, you will see info on vision under Brain Structure: Occipital Lobe.

Lots of others helpful and interesting stuff on here, too. Lots and lots and lots!

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=66397.0

Gard :smitten:

Wow!

thank you Gard!

That was a super fantastic post that you led me to!

May I recommend that everybody who would like to REALLY UNDERSTAND what WAVES and Windows are all about and what is happening to your brain during withdrawal, and how the benzo affects your CNS,  AND HOW YOUR BRAIN  HEALS , YOU SHOULD READ THIS POST.

It's quite long, but it will definitely, in terms you can understand, help you understand that waves and Windows ARE a sign that your brain us going through a healing process that is just what it is SUPPOSED TO DO!

What a great post...and thanks to Parker for authoring and posting the whole thing.

What an intelligent lady!

Thanks again Gard!

Heath.  :smitten:

Hey, V, Happy Father's Day, and here is a present from Cookie, who asked me to wrap it especially for you.

(Not sure where she got it since she's past her prime, but I'm sure she has connections. ;))

http://www.pregonline.com/myimages/eggdonor.jpg

LOL.  :laugh:

[move]Happy Father's Day [/move]

to all Dads on the thread, those who post and those who read. May you all have a day of windows and special moments.  :smitten:

to all Dads on the thread, those who post and those who read. May you all have a day of windows and special moments.  :smitten:

Thank you gard!  :)--V

Thank you

❤️❤️ATU 🙏🏻

This guy is mad because he didn't get a single Father's Day card!

23659997012_686e13b898_o.jpg

http://citygirlfarming.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/chickendad.jpg

[glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE" LOVES HER DAD, AND WANTS TO BORROW THE CAR TONIGHT SHE HAS A HOT DATE".... :)[/glow] :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[94...]