Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Honestly...this "love-fest" b/t BG and Cant.  I "cant" take it. :D  Shouldn't the honeymoon be well over? :laugh: :laugh:

We "Cant" help it, sorry but the honeymoon is ongoingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg, on and on 😘💖😘🎈🎈🎈🎈

In a few days I'll tell you what 37yrs is like... :crazy: :crazy:

...but we've never carried on like you two! :D :D

[glow=red,2,300]"Congratulations Early"[/glow] 37 yrs that is a long time to be Married. What can I say I "cant" compare anything to this cyber marriage....just pure bliss :)

Honestly...this "love-fest" b/t BG and Cant.  I "cant" take it. :D  Shouldn't the honeymoon be well over? :laugh: :laugh:

We "Cant" help it, sorry but the honeymoon is ongoingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg, on and on 😘💖😘🎈🎈🎈🎈

[glow=red,2,300]"Congratulations Early"[/glow] 37 yrs that is a long time to be Married. What can I say I "cant" compare anything to this cyber marriage....just pure bliss :)

Can't is a time traveller he's now an hour into tomorrow, never mind Sista'  :hug: '' ♫♫Its only a DAAAAYYYYY♫ AWWAAAAAAAAAYYYY♫♫!!!!!!!  ;D Look at it this way he left you today and tomorrow, but as far as he's concerned he left you yesterday  "You are now entering the Twilight Zone!!!'' :D :D :D............................. :laugh:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Can't is a time traveller he's now an hour into tomorrow, never mind Sista'  :hug: '' ♫♫Its only a DAAAAYYYYY♫ AWWAAAAAAAAAYYYY♫♫!!!!!!!  ;D Look at it this way he left you today and tomorrow, but as far as he's concerned he left you yesterday  "You are now entering the Twilight Zone!!!'' :D :D :D............................. :laugh:

:D :D :D:smitten:

:D :D :D:smitten:

I wish you would all Begood...

Congrats Lynn... -lucky I Begood to you, -there was a line there... :)

Nova, I wonder about your time too.  -I often think of you as one of the "first on" at BB -3:10 am here now... so yeah, my bed time...

Night Everyone... Thanks for your kind words on a surreal kinda day... :)

So happy for you MiYu !  I don't know if I could do 15 miles myself!

THanks Mellow, it was a one off , for now anyway!  Back to wds , manageable but I would try the drive again right now.

I hoep you start to feel better soon ,

Miyu :smitten: :smitten:

Hey everyone I just wanted to put a thumbs up for Cant. On 6/9/16, marked 8 years  since his horrific accident, and he is better, but still in the mending process, this Man went through so much and still is battling, but without woe is me, he goes out on the boards and gives support and hope to others. He is here with BB also to be rid of the Beaver and whilst getting his mojo back.

Cant's odds had to be the lowest I have ever heard of, but somehow with the Grace of God, and with his strength he pulled through, and continues to strive to be mobile again. I do not feel sorry for Cant, because he does not feel that way he just wants to get on with his life. He just keeps trying each day to do the best he can and to raise his Boy. I have to say he is one Special Guy. Cant you are a true Hero that wears Warrior's boots..and perhaps that hard shell Hat that all "TURTLES" have. :thumbsup:

Here here !!!! for Cant..... truly an amazing guy  :thumbsup:

I don't know how you all keep up your wit in the midst of this , :D :D  ::)but I certainly enjoy all of you!

:thumbsup:

;D ;D

Nova , being from England I know the date thingy.... I sometimes still get confused here and get it backwards, for Americans. Fortunately for the most part I remember to  drive on the right :)

At least that part of my brain is still in tact......

And I love your humor ! I had to tone mine way down when I came here as people would give me a blank stare when I thought I'd said something funny, had no idea it was offensive to make jokes about total strangers to their face ......  :oops:

unfortunately I seem to have lost it altogether at the moment . I am fully expecting when this is all over to get it back and some  ;D

I just wanted to post.  I updated 3 1/2 weeks ago from a really bad cut and held before my updose for 22 days.  This past week  the anxiety that is there ALL day has lifted mostly.  Just two icky days.  So mostly windows.  I still feel weak but better. 

1. Does this mean my hold/updose is beginning to work? 

2. Also when you guys say you made a tiny cut...how tiny is tiny? lol.

Im planning a daily micro taper but I'm going to hold at least another month to get really stable if this is truly working.  I just want to know how small I should start.  Builder has me set up with diluting my liquid diazepam 5mg/1ml ...1ml diazepam with 49ml water.  I plan on doing 5% reduction over a month.

3. Do you think it would be better to do a 100ml mix instead of 50ml mix or does it not make a difference?

I appreciate any help.  I love how positive this thread is. :)

I just wanted to post.  I updated 3 1/2 weeks ago from a really bad cut and held before my updose for 22 days.  This past week  the anxiety that is there ALL day has lifted mostly.  Just two icky days.  So mostly windows.  I still feel weak but better. 

Im planning a daily micro taper but I'm going to hold at least another month to get really stable if this is truly working.  I just want to know how small I should start.  Builder has me set up with diluting my liquid diazepam 5mg/1ml ...1ml diazepam with 49ml water.  I plan on doing 5% reduction over a month.

3. Do you think it would be better to do a 100ml mix instead of 50ml mix or does it not make a difference?

That's great you're feeling better pooky!  I think 5% a month is a very safe reduction rate. You should be ok with it. I personally use the same 10:1 solution that builder advocates and you should be able to stick with it. I don't know if you need to use a a 100:1 solution unless you need to make really small cuts and cut less than 5% a month. Just my thoughts.  :)--V

That's great you're feeling better pooky!  I think 5% a month is a very safe reduction rate. You should be ok with it. I personally use the same 10:1 solution that builder advocates and you should be able to stick with it. I don't know if you need to use a a 100:1 solution unless you need to make really small cuts and cut less than 5% a month. Just my thoughts.  :)--V

Yup, that's about the same dilution I use, and I've had good luck with 5%/month.  :thumbsup:

Hi Pooky,

I also taper about 5% per month. It is going well.  I do prefer to prepare and cut using  larger volumes though. I prepare 125 mL of liquid which works out to about 7.5 doses. 

I am glad to hear you are feeling better.

Anne  :smitten:

THANK YOU! to all who replied.  I was doubting myself.  Do any of you have the horrid anxiety as a symptom?  How do you know when to hold for a little bit?  should I cut everyday for a week then hold a week?  I don't know what to do.  Some people cut everyday but Im afraid of it catching up to me.

Im still going to keep holding though until I feel good enough to start.

THANK YOU! to all who replied.  I was doubting myself.  Do any of you have the horrid anxiety as a symptom?  How do you know when to hold for a little bit?  should I cut everyday for a week then hold a week?  I don't know what to do.  Some people cut everyday but Im afraid of it catching up to me.

Hi Pooky,

I hold as soon as I feel an uptick in symptoms.  Sometimes I can cut for several days or several weeks.  There are other times when I have to hold after two or three days of cutting.  Since I decreased my taper rate I don't have to hold as much.  Just go by how you feel.

Anne  :smitten:

Hi Pooky

I am at 1 mg right now. I am going to use my 10:1 solution as I always have when I do my reduction. I'm also panning on doing a 5% reduction per month as well.

I'm going to start a kind of mix of DMT and cut and hold that I have seen posted here by some of our buddies. I'm going to try to do a cut of .005 for 5 days and hold fir 10 days , then do that same thing again one more time. If my math is right that will equal a cut of -.05 in about 30 days. That will bring me to .95 after a month, I'll evaluate my sdfx and see what's going on. It may or may not work! We shall see! If I  Need to go slower I will.  But right now, I am at Day 8 and holding for at least a month.

Good luck Pooky. 5% is a good size reduction, I think. I know I can't handle any more than that.

Heath :smitten:

Pooky,

You sound like you know what you ar doing. :), following and listening to what your body is telling you :) holding when necessary. There are no hard and fast rules. See how your sdfx are and decid from that.Hold when you think you should. IMO, it is better to hold a while longer than to cut again too soon.

And yes I have horrible anxiety, but it is only once in a while and it only lasts for a day. I just keep telling myself it's the benzos and it will pass...... and it does.  Just try to distract.

Heath :smitten:

I am doing the 5% monthly and it is going well, some blips, but can not call them sx at all, just nagging little things, and can still function. I found for me the 5% for me is just right, and If I needed  I would go lower, I just do not care how long this takes, I am taking my time. Stay Strong. :thumbsup:

be good

I feel the same way!  I've heard some really hopeful stories about people who do it this slow.  Then when they step off it isn't a big deal.  I pray I can taper while being able to be a mom and live my life. 

be good

I feel the same way!  I've heard some really hopeful stories about people who do it this slow.  Then when they step off it isn't a big deal.  I pray I can taper while being able to be a mom and live my life.

There are quite a few of us living our lives and functioning with just some minor sxs to deal with. Listen to your body and you'll do great.  :thumbsup:

be good

There are quite a few of us living our lives and functioning with just some minor sxs to deal with. Listen to your body and you'll do great.  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

be good

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes.. -Im a very strong believer in this.. Just dont follow my example... (though I had other reasons for the big cut in my sig)..

I am confident in my way forward... And the fact that im still standing is a testament to long holds for stability...

A big part was/is learning my own situation and taper...

I had a particularly bad day today, but with some great help from my taper buddy, we could think my way through it, knowing what my options are... -Im definantly not immune to a bit of panic.. lol

The more we can understand our own tapers, given time, the better off we are...

My Best to All...

No whacky SOH today... lol

:)

THanks Mellow, it was a one off , for now anyway!  Back to wds , manageable but I would try the drive again right now.

Hi M,  :hug: I was just reading a post from the last time I had a window back in January, it only lasted  a few minute but it was a ''real'' window, total bliss  :smitten: Reading it now I was very rough for two months and the day before the window I was REALLY bad, I could barely breathe and only moved to go to the toilet and that a was a mammoth task, then I got very rough again after the brief window.

And like you forgot to read my journal and up-dosed for the second time 7 weeks later later by another 1/2mg as I totally forgot abut my wonderful brief window  and was convinced I hadn't had a break for all those months hence the second updose 7 weeks later. I am now going to send some stuff from my journal to my phone so I can read it in times of crisis in a wave when I can't get on the PC to read my journal and I am not making any more changes up or down until I am REALLY stable . As any change either way up or down cause unrest in the CNS if you aren't really stable for  a good while before making any changes. :)

Hi,

Just got a brand new side effect! Oh lucky me (kidding of course)!

Most of my vision is just fine as usual, but this morning I am experiencing wavy vision in the upper corner of my right field of vision. It comes and goes constantly for the past hour or so. And it's in both eyes.

I just had an ophthalmology check up three months ago and all was fine, so I am attributing this to wdsx.

It's not  painful, just bothersome, so I'm going to wait it out. I hope it is gone soon. It's really bothersome when I read.

Has Anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks for any reassurance.

Heath ???  :-\

Hi M,  :hug: I was just reading a post from the last time I had a window back in January, it only lasted  a few minute but it was a ''real'' window, total bliss  :smitten: Reading it now I was very rough for two months and the day before the window I was REALLY bad, I could barely breathe and only moved to go to the toilet and that a was a mammoth task, then I got very rough again after the brief window.

And like you forgot to read my journal and up-dosed for the second time 7 weeks later later by another 1/2mg as I totally forgot abut my wonderful brief window  and was convinced I hadn't had a break for all those months hence the second updose 7 weeks later. I am now going to send some stuff from my journal to my phone so I can read it in times of crisis in a wave when I can't get on the PC to read my journal and I am not making any more changes up or down until I am REALLY stable . As any change either way up or down cause unrest in the CNS if you aren't really stable for  a good while before making any changes. :)

I also want to add hence the'' cuts'' and as well as the updose while being unstable, but he updose although they never took away my symptoms did actually give me more funtion that was the whole point as my survival wasn't looking too good previously as It got I could barely look after myself and I live alone no support, and isolated. The cuts I should never had done but kept holding longer before being desperate for some relief and cutting  while destabilised, like many who held until it worked said when your suffering the hold feels worse than the cut. :o

I hope people can give themselves enough time to heal before tapering.  You may get that panicked feeling that you need to get the drug out of your system, but this feeling can be very misleading I think.  It makes it seem like the nature of the problem is the presence of the drug in the body, when I think it's really our body's dependence on the drug, and when we've built this dependence up for a long period of time it needs to be gradually reversed. 

My big lesson for today is that a hold is harder work than a taper.

Hi,

Most of my vision is just fine as usual, but this morning I am experiencing wavy vision in the upper corner of my right field of vision. It comes and goes constantly for the past hour or so. And it's in both eyes.

I just had an ophthalmology check up three months ago and all was fine, so I am attributing this to wdsx.

It's not  painful, just bothersome, so I'm going to wait it out. I hope it is gone soon. It's really bothersome when I read.

I've had the wavy symptom in my peripheral vision. It came and went off and on for a while but I haven't had it for quite a while now.  :)--V

Hi,

Yep!! I had it bad last night in exactly the same place as you Heath  :hug: And have had it before quite a few times, it went away for ages but come back recently I couldn't watch TV properly with it last night and the last time was unable to read. I refer to it as 'Kaleidoscope vision''  :o

[12...]