Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

We've got a celebrity in the group! Congratulations on becoming a moderator gard!  :thumbsup:

Way to go Gard! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I guess I'm in here again.  I've been feeling and acting a bit crazy, and it's been over a month since my last cut.  I'm also suffering from allergies and a cough.  I have a doctor's appointment on Monday and hope to get that straightened out.

I was going to cut again on June 2nd, lol, but that is not happening right now.  New plan is to wait a bit longer.

I guess I'm in here again.  I've been feeling and acting a bit crazy, and it's been over a month since my last cut.  I'm also suffering from allergies and a cough.  I have a doctor's appointment on Monday and hope to get that straightened out.

I was going to cut again on June 2nd, lol, but that is not happening right now.  New plan is to wait a bit longer.

Looks like you're doing a good job tapering 2 meds at the same time.  :thumbsup: Hope the hold gets you back on track.  :)--V

Thanks, gang. I'm mainly a meeter and greeter in the intro thread (if and when I pass moderator techno-kindergarten).

As for this thread, I am turning the moderating over to our mascots!

Good luck, y'all!

757e2e9037477e93f05059fc67eedc84.jpg

http://www.tortoisetrust.org/articles/snapper_1.jpg

Gard your first duty, is that the best turtle you could find, it is scaring me..... :D :D :D

At least I didn't post a snail!  :laugh:

Gard your first duty, is that the best turtle you could find, it is scaring me..... :D :D :D

It looks like a snake/turtle reject.... :D :D :D ok I guess better than a snail... ::)

Just wanted to say I am feeling much better. Slept well and woke with no morning anxiety.

I think what it may have been is I had been taking Inositol powder the previous 3 days.

After the first day I thought it helped me but in hindsight I now think it revved up my sxs.

So, for me no more experimenting with so called adjunct natural stuff,..at least not until I am off for good.

Hope everyone is well and feeling calm.  :thumbsup:

:smitten: :smitten:

ATU 🙏🏻

It looks like a snake/turtle reject.... :D :D :D ok I guess better than a snail... ::)

Did somebody say snail?

http://sunnyslideup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/chickensnail.jpg

:laugh:

Just wanted to say I am feeling much better. Slept well and woke with no morning anxiety.

I think what it may have been is I had been taking Inositol powder the previous 3 days.

After the first day I thought it helped me but in hindsight I now think it revved up my sxs.

So, for me no more experimenting with so called adjunct natural stuff,..at least not until I am off for good.

ATU 🙏🏻

Glad to hear you're feeling better ATU.  :)--V

ATU 🙏🏻

Glad to hear you are feeling better, yes sometimes the things we add can do a number with our health. Stay Strong. :)

Did somebody say snail?

http://sunnyslideup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/chickensnail.jpg

:laugh:

:2funny:

Close your eyes, BG!

ATU 🙏🏻

That's good news, ATU!  :thumbsup:

Need luck for tomorrow , seeing my family doc hoping he will up dose me slightly and let me hold till stable.  :smitten:

Good luck lost! Hope all goes well.  :)--V

Need luck for tomorrow , seeing my family doc hoping he will up dose me slightly and let me hold till stable.  :smitten:

Lost,

Best of all outcomes to you on your visit with Doc tomorrow.

Be genuine with him/her and she/he will see you are committed to getting off but treading carefully also. :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏🏻

MiYu

I am wondering why you don't want to use the Roxanne liquid Valium. It is so easy to make the 10:1 solution. And yes, when you use a 10:1 solution, each gradation in the syringe is .001mg.

Heath :thumbsup:

Hi Heath :smitten:

I don't want to use it because of all the additives in it ... I'm super sensitive to everything so just don't want to take any chances , maybe when I get lower in dose I'll give it a go. I do think I could use a 1:1 compound tho if I didn't cut every day  :smitten:

MIYU,  . I hope you don't mind, but I copied the following sentence from your post.

I'm only going to cut 1/16th of  1 mg of V this month , I had hoped to try a 1/34 mg , but the symptoms I have today tell me I'm not going to  be able to do that . 

I'm wondering if you realize that 1/16 mg is more than 1/34mg.  If you think you can't handle a cut of 1/34 mg, you certainly won't be able to handle a cut of 1/16 which is a larger cut.

When you are dealing with fractions the larger the bottom number , the lesser the amount.

Like, 1/4 is less than 1/2.  1/34  is less than 1/16

I just don't want you  to mess yourself up by cutting more than you realize.

If you have  more questions, just ask again. There are so many buddies here who have helped me with math. I'm sure you will get all the support you need.

Heath :smitten:

Oops typo sorry everyone , I meant 1/4 mg!  :DGotta check my posts ! Even with a benzo brain I do remember some basic math , actually I was quite good at it!  ::)

Anyone knwo if you can get a compounded 10: 1  valium ? I will call the pharmacy , but just wondered.

I don;t want to use the Roche liquid that you can dilute - I'd want to get the pure valium in almond oil.

After reading all your posts, and  about the 1 ml syringe having 100 marks on it, I think I could use a compound. Weighing is not very accurate.....

I could use my same system of microtaper  cut and hold if I could get 10:1 and the 1 ml syringes.

Then , Anne, I think you said each 'line' on the syringe would be .001mgs yes? Am I understadning this  right?

love, Miyu  :smitten:

Actually , on second thoughts I don;t think it would work as I'd need 600 mls of almond oil for the month if I'm taking 2 mgs day in liquid! I think I'd have to have 1:1 dilution but then I'm not sure I could get small enough reductions if I wanted to only reduce 1/16th mg in a month?

Any ideas math genius's?

Hi M :hug: I've been talking to people that said it took them at least a year beofre they saw any real progress from holding or up-dosing, and all the while fighting not too cut beofre the hold began to work. That's what I said in one of my posts about myself when I had to do a long hold before of a year or a bit longer beofre I joined BB before it actually worked while feeling rough most of the time. I also just remembered I also had dreadful insomnia for ages but I still levelled out and begun to sleep 6 hours a night apart from having to get up to wee but was able to go back to sleep no problem.

And I was also under terrible stress as my long term relationship, I was engaged for 8 year's and living with him, was breaking down rapidly due to me being in unbeknown tolerance withdrwal and in and out of hospital all the time for a few years. I mean EVERY WEEK practically for year's and of course no-one found anything wrong so he thought I was 'An attention seeking hypochondriac'' , and even went on holiday with his family leaving me alone when I was only able to barely use one hand and just about walk.

I was unable to do any food for myself so had to just drink water so I fasted by force not by choice , so with everything stacked against me recovering or even getting stabilised I did. EVERYTHING that people say to avoid or don't do or be around  when your trying to heal happened to me but still I got stable, even recalling that now I still think I'm never going to recover its the freaking chemical imbalance talking in my brain but it feels real to me.

But I don't know how as it was as if there was a huge plot against my recovery going on I knew nothing about, and I feel EXACTLY like that now, but the one thing I did consistently throughout all that was HOLD, and I was cutting all the way down by eyeballing my cuts. No scale, no liquid titration, not given a thought to the whether the doses were dead even which they probably wern't yet  I recovered until I did the ASHTON CUT AND THAT WAS THE WORST MISTAKE I EVER MADE IN MY LIFE!!!!!  :tickedoff: Followed by not holding long enough and cutting while still symptomatic and unstable.

And even knowing all that now my brain is still locked on to ALL the negative, this all just came back to me as I began typing, the only other thing was I never had a noisy !"£$%^&! living above me before either it really freaks me out. Its my worse worry to the point or near to psychosis  that's how badly it effects me, plus he been waking me up EVERY night for months now. So I'm being deprived of much needed sleep. But if I was stable it probably wouldn't be such a non stop worry and I 'd be out too much wandering and staying out the night to be bothered by it anyway. But as I pointed out I stabilised under mega stress previously that I thought would finish me off.....................like now ::)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you as always for your reminders .... I'm actually doing ok .... I did make a very very small cut , and actually feel better . Not going to push my luck tho .

Wow, you've been through so much , it really is the drug isn't it! Tho your neighbor under any circumstances sound like  a real a^*+|}¥!

I just can't imagine how you are managing .

I really hope your life circumstance  very very soon ,

Love , MiYu  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Congrats Gard.... -Dont greet people with that pitbull turtle...!!!

Lost... -all the best... Be confident... Any good Dr should be more than happy for a patient to take a positive active role in their own taper... Infact it is written in most official detox and addiction/dependance guidlines... -a key to long term success...

Relax and Be well....

[ae...]