Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Anyone knwo if you can get a compounded 10: 1  valium ? I will call the pharmacy , but just wondered.

I don;t want to use the Roche liquid that you can dilute - I'd want to get the pure valium in almond oil.

After reading all your posts, and  about the 1 ml syringe having 100 marks on it, I think I could use a compound. Weighing is not very accurate.....

I could use my same system of microtaper  cut and hold if I could get 10:1 and the 1 ml syringes.

Then , Anne, I think you said each 'line' on the syringe would be .001mgs yes? Am I understadning this  right?

love, Miyu  :smitten:

Actually , on second thoughts I don;t think it would work as I'd need 600 mls of almond oil for the month if I'm taking 2 mgs day in liquid! I think I'd have to have 1:1 dilution but then I'm not sure I could get small enough reductions if I wanted to only reduce 1/16th mg in a month?

Any ideas math genius's?

MiYu

I am wondering why you don't want to use the Roxanne liquid Valium. It is so easy to make the 10:1 solution. And yes, when you use a 10:1 solution, each gradation in the syringe is .001mg.

Heath :thumbsup:

Can't- glad to see you are regaining some of your cheek ;D

you seem  to be doing well with that dare devil cut you made..... well done !

love, Miyu :)

Hey Miyu... thanks, im feeling optomistic..

Bit early to call it yet though...

I get the feeling that you are close to some better days too..

I sure hope we all are...

So, I'm gathering that 4 months of holding is not necessarily long enough that I should be seeing improvements as opposed to the worsening of sxs and longer waves I'm experiencing the longer I hold?

The reason I ask for reassurance is because after 34 years on Xanax, one day it just stopped working and I ended up in the hospital which was a total nightmare and I don't want to go through that again !  And with all the terms like " kindled" and " tolerence" that I don't understand and everyone has various opinions on, I just wanted to hear from you all as you seem to be knowledgeable.

Love, Peace and Windows

Mellowplease

Hi MP  :hug: That's exactly what's happening to me and I'm also 4 months into my hold after up-dosing twice 3  and a half months apart and I'm staying where I am. Don't let the ''Kindling'' hysteria get to you.  For that too happen you need to go completely off the drug and back on quite few times then it may not happen at all, I was in  unbeknown full blown tolerance withdrawal for 10 year's at my full prescribed dose. That's true tolerance withdrawal, not the 'myth'' about it happening when you hold on here what your experiencing is ongoing withdrawal symptoms of a unstable CNS that's the point of a long hold for as long as it takes to get stabilised.

And for some of us that's a lot longer than we'd like, I personally think my circumstances I'm going to be holding for quiet some time past my last longest hold since I've been on BB which was 6 months .I now believe it wasn't long enough, I got panicky as I was getting worse but in the past before I joined BB I held a lot longer than that before I got stable, and went form being housebound for year's to flying to Cyprus for a Yoga and meditation Holiday My first holiday in many years!

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Yeah, the way "tolerance withdrawal' is bandied about on the benzo boards (try saying that five times really fast) drives me nuts. Especially since like you said, it's usually used to scare people into keeping cutting faster, which is almost always the opposite of what they need to be doing. VERY rarely is "just keep cutting" the right answer. Drives me nuts. Feels like I'm always the voice in the wilderness on that one. People go too fast, get into withdrawal, hold for a short time; their symptoms get worse (unrelated to the hold, it's just ongoing withdrawal from going too fast before); they get told they're in "tolerance withdrawal" and they need to start cutting again. Yet when someone CTs and has prolonged withdrawal for months or years, nobody says it's "tolerance withdrawal", because obviously that's impossible if you aren't taking the drug. What's called tolerance withdrawal is almost always just plain delayed withdrawal symptoms which are pretty much universal with benzos. Benzos are notoriously up and down and nonlinear and long and drawn out, in withdrawal. Okay, thanks for letting me rant about that. The whole thing drives me nuts (she says for the third time).

PS  The dose I'm on now I was last on 2 years ago its 1/4 of my original dose, so its take me two year's of hell before deciding to updose so its going to take time to reverse any changes too. But  that being said, I've seen peole do much bigger up-doses one to  a few days past a much smaller drop than the updose  and still take quite some time to stabilise.  And seen others a lot further out stabilise quickly  wish I was in that gang man! unfortunately I am not ::) And now just to ad to it I'm breaking out in bloody hives, painful itchy hives :tickedoff: but I've seen this happen to plenty of people on here too even those who been of the drugs for ages, and F-ALL relives it,( trying natural home remedies :sick:) and there's no way I can take anything for it half a Paracetamol nearly finished me off as I'm so chemically sensitive now :(

MIYU,  . I hope you don't mind, but I copied the following sentence from your post.

I'm only going to cut 1/16th of  1 mg of V this month , I had hoped to try a 1/34 mg , but the symptoms I have today tell me I'm not going to  be able to do that . 

I'm wondering if you realize that 1/16 mg is more than 1/34mg.  If you think you can't handle a cut of 1/34 mg, you certainly won't be able to handle a cut of 1/16 which is a larger cut.

When you are dealing with fractions the larger the bottom number , the lesser the amount.

Like, 1/4 is less than 1/2.  1/34  is less than 1/16

I just don't want you  to mess yourself up by cutting more than you realize.

If you have  more questions, just ask again. There are so many buddies here who have helped me with math. I'm sure you will get all the support you need.

Heath :smitten:

Anyone knwo if you can get a compounded 10: 1  valium ? I will call the pharmacy , but just wondered.

I don;t want to use the Roche liquid that you can dilute - I'd want to get the pure valium in almond oil.

After reading all your posts, and  about the 1 ml syringe having 100 marks on it, I think I could use a compound. Weighing is not very accurate.....

I could use my same system of microtaper  cut and hold if I could get 10:1 and the 1 ml syringes.

Then , Anne, I think you said each 'line' on the syringe would be .001mgs yes? Am I understadning this  right?

love, Miyu  :smitten:

Actually , on second thoughts I don;t think it would work as I'd need 600 mls of almond oil for the month if I'm taking 2 mgs day in liquid! I think I'd have to have 1:1 dilution but then I'm not sure I could get small enough reductions if I wanted to only reduce 1/16th mg in a month?

Any ideas math genius's?

Hi M :hug: I've been talking to people that said it took them at least a year beofre they saw any real progress from holding or up-dosing, and all the while fighting not too cut beofre the hold began to work. That's what I said in one of my posts about myself when I had to do a long hold before of a year or a bit longer beofre I joined BB before it actually worked while feeling rough most of the time. I also just remembered I also had dreadful insomnia for ages but I still levelled out and begun to sleep 6 hours a night apart from having to get up to wee but was able to go back to sleep no problem.

And I was also under terrible stress as my long term relationship, I was engaged for 8 year's and living with him, was breaking down rapidly due to me being in unbeknown tolerance withdrwal and in and out of hospital all the time for a few years. I mean EVERY WEEK practically for year's and of course no-one found anything wrong so he thought I was 'An attention seeking hypochondriac'' , and even went on holiday with his family leaving me alone when I was only able to barely use one hand and just about walk.

I was unable to do any food for myself so had to just drink water so I fasted by force not by choice , so with everything stacked against me recovering or even getting stabilised I did. EVERYTHING that people say to avoid or don't do or be around  when your trying to heal happened to me but still I got stable, even recalling that now I still think I'm never going to recover its the freaking chemical imbalance talking in my brain but it feels real to me.

But I don't know how as it was as if there was a huge plot against my recovery going on I knew nothing about, and I feel EXACTLY like that now, but the one thing I did consistently throughout all that was HOLD, and I was cutting all the way down by eyeballing my cuts. No scale, no liquid titration, not given a thought to the whether the doses were dead even which they probably wern't yet  I recovered until I did the ASHTON CUT AND THAT WAS THE WORST MISTAKE I EVER MADE IN MY LIFE!!!!!  :tickedoff: Followed by not holding long enough and cutting while still symptomatic and unstable.

And even knowing all that now my brain is still locked on to ALL the negative, this all just came back to me as I began typing, the only other thing was I never had a noisy !"£$%^&! living above me before either it really freaks me out. Its my worse worry to the point or near to psychosis  that's how badly it effects me, plus he been waking me up EVERY night for months now. So I'm being deprived of much needed sleep. But if I was stable it probably wouldn't be such a non stop worry and I 'd be out too much wandering and staying out the night to be bothered by it anyway. But as I pointed out I stabilised under mega stress previously that I thought would finish me off.....................like now ::)

MIYU,  . I hope you don't mind, but I copied the following sentence from your post.

I'm only going to cut 1/16th of  1 mg of V this month , I had hoped to try a 1/34 mg , but the symptoms I have today tell me I'm not going to  be able to do that . 

I'm wondering if you realize that 1/16 mg is more than 1/34mg.  If you think you can't handle a cut of 1/34 mg, you certainly won't be able to handle a cut of 1/16 which is a larger cut.

When you are dealing with fractions the larger the bottom number , the lesser the amount.

If you have  more questions, just ask again. There are so many buddies here who have helped me with math. I'm sure you will get all the support you need.

Good catch Heath... -3 gold stars...

I try to follow all these math questions, bere and on other threads... One day I will get there, and it is teaching me not to be afraid of it (the unknown)... One day I might even have productive input, without the risk of ruining someones taper... :(

Mainly just "HI" to all you productive and pro-active people (I count patience as both)...

Be Well...

Mellow,

My first hold of 8 months was before I found BB.  It was just common sense to me back then that I needed time to adjust and for the wd sxs to lesson/go away.  I didn't feel any pressure as I wasn't aware of "tolerance withdraw" (if it even exists).  Later holds were easy for me because I knew that I only improved with holds.

Good catch Heath... -3 gold stars...

I try to follow all these math questions, bere and on other threads... One day I will get there, and it is teaching me not to be afraid of it (the unknown)... One day I might even have productive input, without the risk of ruining someones taper... :(

Mainly just "HI" to all you productive and pro-active people (I count patience as both)...

Be Well...

:thumbsup:

That went right past me, too! But then, most numbers do this early on the morning. :laugh:

So, I'm gathering that 4 months of holding is not necessarily long enough that I should be seeing improvements as opposed to the worsening of sxs and longer waves I'm experiencing the longer I hold?

The reason I ask for reassurance is because after 34 years on Xanax, one day it just stopped working and I ended up in the hospital which was a total nightmare and I don't want to go through that again !  And with all the terms like " kindled" and " tolerence" that I don't understand and everyone has various opinions on, I just wanted to hear from you all as you seem to be knowledgeable.

Love, Peace and Windows

Mellowplease

Hi Mellow,

I am so sorry you are going through this.  There are many different opinions here on BB. I have had a hard time with this taper.  My first taper was easy compared to this one.  I have up dosed several times this past year due to some high stress issues.  I also hold when I need to.  I am feeling better now, so I am cutting a very small amount each day--0.0004 mg.  This adds up to about 5.6% a month.  Right now this is working for me.  If anything changes, I will either hold or do a slight up dose to the last amount where I felt good.  Unfortunately, there is not method for all.  But, from my experience, I will say that long holds and the occasional up dose has helped alleviate a lot of suffering.  I also believe in slow tapers. If things go well, it will take me well over a year to finish this taper.  I am okay with that as long as I can stay functional.  There are many on the forum (not this group) that insist the only way to heal is to push through regardless of the symptoms.  I believe that will do more harm than good.  We are sensitive to every little change, including up doses, change in taper rates, stress, etc.  It takes the brain a long time to adjust to these changes. This is where the long holds come in.  Anyway, just my opinion.  As someone else said, we have three choices--push through the taper, hold, or adjust the dose or taper rate.  I choose the ones that will allow me to function and live my life.

I hope that you find some relief soon. 

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

HI THERE CANT FLY!

Glad to see you here. Hope you are feeling better and better. I'm glad your'e feeling well enough to post. I like your cheekiness! ( never heard that term used before but saw it here somewhere.)

AND 5 GOLD STARS TO YOU! I DONT KNOW HOW YOU MADE THAT 50% cut! All power to ya! Personally, it would have wiped me out for sure!

Yeah, I sometimes surprise myself, catching that math error. Sometimes good things happen late at night when insomnia hits!

Hi Gard!

Hope your taper is going well. I finally got down to 1 mg, but now I am waiting for days 8-12 to see what kind of wdsx will hit me. Those are usually the days that tell me whether I cut too soon or if it will be closer to smooth sailing. But I think it may very well be time for a nice long hold now.

Hope everyone has a good day today or atleast some promising Windows.

Funny how I wish everyone a good day when I wake up here in the U.S.A. For many of you in the U.K., and other parts if the world, most of the day is gone and evening is approaching already! Well, then, to you all  I wish a good sleep with dreams of turtles and sloths, and a great tomorrow with lots of Windows.

Heath  :smitten:

Well, I'm at day 80 of a long hold and for the past few weeks I have had a sort of low level background anxiety that is always there. It's not enough to keep you out of it but it is enough to be a constant annoyance. In time of stress it quickly ramps up and becomes more bothersome.

Can any of you relate to this? Will it settle eventually if I continue to hold?

Thanks buds!

ATU 🙏🏻

Well, I'm at day 80 of a long hold and for the past few weeks I have had a sort of low level background anxiety that is always there. It's not enough to keep you out of it but it is enough to be a constant annoyance. In time of stress it quickly ramps up and becomes more bothersome.

Can any of you relate to this? Will it settle eventually if I continue to hold?

Thanks buds!

ATU 🙏🏻

Hi ATU :hug: I have that, and it will settle eventually, I'm on day 111 I only know that as I looked it up to give you a time scale as we're not that far apart, I stopped doing it as I find counting the time off makes it worse when your holding for a long time and still feeling rough  :) Anyway, I was rough this morning as always, and had a mega stressful meeting in my home with the housing officer and housing manger over a neighbour problem that's been going on for just over a year now, and  all week I was panicking about it.

I was in such a state of anxiety 24.7 I was afraid I was gong to end up in a massive panic attack by the time they got here, and constantly waking up in high anxiety with the brain going fast forward repeatedly over thinking it constantly. Well they came and I was absolutely fine in fact I felt the best anxiety wise I have for ages when it comes to face to face stuff with people, the last meeting over it in my home was awful, but today I felt nearly normal when they were here and not worried at all  :) It still amazes me how this crap can turn over just like that then turn back on you for no reason at all  :o

Nova 1,

Thanks for your reply, I had always got relief from longer holds before but this time it seems to be taking longer.

I was of a mind to cut again despite the background anxiety. My mornings are the worst time as well and the evenings do bring some easing of that anxiety.

I also have benzo flu, muscle pains and twitches that occur in various places.

Sometimes, not often I get headaches.

When I'm out driving or shopping, I have a sort of boatyard or floaty feeling, not enough to cause me to be unstable just enough to cause second thoughts on my overall health. You know the feeling.

Glad to hear your meeting went well for a change. Hope that neighbour straitens up and flys right! :thumbsup:

:smitten:

ATU 🙏🏻

Hi ATU

I have anxiety but mine is different. I guess everyone handles stress differently.

With me, my problems seem to be either completely out of my mind or with me in the back if my mind all day. I guess it's when I'm preoccupied I can let it go. But when trying to sleep, that's when it really interferes.. and when I am idle (idol?) , forget about it, its bad. Then it hits my stomach!

As far as your anxiety, well I don't think it's something to cause you more anxiety. IMO it's just another wdsx, and it will prob pass in time. Hope it passes soon. Try not to worry more about it, if that is possible. When my anxiety ramps up for no real reason, I know it's the benzos, uncomfortable however it may be.

Back to distract, distract, distract.

Hope you gave a good day,

Hi ATU

I have anxiety but mine is different. I guess everyone handles stress differently.

With me, my problems seem to be either completely out of my mind or with me in the back if my mind all day. I guess it's when I'm preoccupied I can let it go. But when trying to sleep, that's when it really interferes.. and when I am idle (idol?) , forget about it, its bad. Then it hits my stomach!

As far as your anxiety, well I don't think it's something to cause you more anxiety. IMO it's just another wdsx, and it will prob pass in time. Hope it passes soon. Try not to worry more about it, if that is possible. When my anxiety ramps up for no real reason, I know it's the benzos, uncomfortable however it may be.

Hope you gave a good day,

Heath,

Thanks, I hope it passes as well. Having that background anxiety always there is a pain in the @&$.

I did have a few serious stress scares with this cut. My wife's swollen lymph node and my sisters brain tumour so maybe it is just taking longer for me to settle this time around. My longest hold is around 89-90 days. I'm coming up on that soon so I have to decide to continue the hold or cut. Another week and I will see if it improves.

Have a great day! 👍🏻

ATU 🙏🏻

Love, Peace and Windows

Mellowplease

Hi MP  :hug: That's exactly what's happening to me and I'm also 4 months into my hold after up-dosing twice 3  and a half months apart and I'm staying where I am. Don't let the ''Kindling'' hysteria get to you.  For that too happen you need to go completely off the drug and back on quite few times then it may not happen at all, I was in  unbeknown full blown tolerance withdrawal for 10 year's at my full prescribed dose. That's true tolerance withdrawal, not the 'myth'' about it happening when you hold on here what your experiencing is ongoing withdrawal symptoms of a unstable CNS that's the point of a long hold for as long as it takes to get stabilised.

And for some of us that's a lot longer than we'd like, I personally think my circumstances I'm going to be holding for quiet some time past my last longest hold since I've been on BB which was 6 months .I now believe it wasn't long enough, I got panicky as I was getting worse but in the past before I joined BB I held a lot longer than that before I got stable, and went form being housebound for year's to flying to Cyprus for a Yoga and meditation Holiday My first holiday in years

Yeah, the way "tolerance withdrawal' is bandied about on the benzo boards (try saying that five times really fast) drives me nuts. Especially since like you said, it's usually used to scare people into keeping cutting faster, which is almost always the opposite of what they need to be doing. VERY rarely is "just keep cutting" the right answer. Drives me nuts. Feels like I'm always the voice in the wilderness on that one. People go too fast, get into withdrawal, hold for a short time; their symptoms get worse (unrelated to the hold, it's just ongoing withdrawal from going too fast before); they get told they're in "tolerance withdrawal" and they need to start cutting again. Yet when someone CTs and has prolonged withdrawal for months or years, nobody says it's "tolerance withdrawal", because obviously that's impossible if you aren't taking the drug. What's called tolerance withdrawal is almost always just plain delayed withdrawal symptoms which are pretty much universal with benzos. Benzos are notoriously up and down and nonlinear and long and drawn out, in withdrawal. Okay, thanks for letting me rant about that. The whole thing drives me nuts (she says for the third time).

PS  The dose I'm on now I was last on 2 years ago its 1/4 of my original dose, so its take me two year's of hell before deciding to updose so its going to take time to reverse any changes too. But  that being said, I've seen peole do much bigger up-doses one to  a few days past a much smaller drop than the updose  and still take quite some time to stabilise.  And seen others a lot further out stabilise quickly  wish I was in that gang man! unfortunately I am not ::) And now just to ad to it I'm breaking out in bloody hives, painful itchy hives :tickedoff: but I've seen this happen to plenty of people on here too even those who been of the drugs for ages, and F-ALL relives it,( trying natural home remedies :sick:) and there's no way I can take anything for it half a Paracetamol nearly finished me off as I'm so chemically sensitive now :(

Congratulations on trip to Cypress! Amazing!

I too am house bound....since last year when they CT me from X. I know I had been in tolerence with X for 10 years or more but the docs just kept adding or switching ADs. When they finally did up dose me, it helped a little for about a year then all hell broke loose.

I will continue to hold though I'm very afraid....terrible bouts of crying, irritability, anxiety, insomnia, depression, fear.

It makes me so angry because when the finally started me on K(  a month after forced X CT) I was doing great, able to drive myself places and felt normal. Then, after only a few months on it, a NP decided to start cutting me by 1/4 mg!!!!  It has been awful since that failed attempt and they even tried another wean 6 weeks later. They don't know what they are doing!!!!!!!

My brain is still reeling from being CT off 34 years of X !!!!

My fearing in not updosing is A) losing my mind, B) Severe depression or suicide.

Lost my house, career, pets and at 57 had to move in with parents. I need for something to go right, like having the 2 mg of K stabilize me like it did originally before the NP and pdocs started screwing around with me!

Thanks Nova and everyone. I really need and appreciate all your patience and knowledge. :smitten:???:-[:crazy:

Mellow ( Mellowplease)

oh Gard! Thank you! How very kind of you! I love my banner! :yippee:

Gard, Your day will come too!  :thumbsup: Hang in there. I never thought I'd get here, but I did. So will you! I'm sure of it!

All we both have to do is remember to hold and listen to our bodies when they are telling us something. Something I battle with every day!  And I know I still have a very long way to go, but that's ok!

And to all my buddies,  :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

I hope you all know I couldn't have gotten here without you. THANK YOU  and I love you all to pieces...  Even if I don't really know your real name or who you are, it doesn't matter! Whoever you are, and where ever you live, I hope you all know that you are helping AND SAVING so many people who would be absolutely lost without you! Bless you all!

Ok so now I better really slow down so I don't mess up what I have already accomplished :idiot:

Heath

Oh, and I forgot this....

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oh, and I forgot this....

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Oh this is making me dizzy! ::)  :laugh:

Hi ATU,

JUST A THOUGHT....

taking into consideration all the major stress you have had lately, although I know some of it is benzo withdrawal, I really do think that much of this constant background anxiety could NOT be the benzos. It very well could be just plain real life stressors getting to you.

I certainly hope all will be well with your sister and your wife. And it is a good sign that the doc said your sister came through the surgery and all looks good! I don't know about your wife's lymph node. Did you find out what it is,and I missed it here ? There are so many benign reasons for a lymph node to be swollen, as simple as a throat virus. I sure hope all goes well with that.

I'll be thinking good thoughts for your sister, your wife, AND YOU!

Hang in there and think positively, and you know what I'm going to say next...distract distract distract.

Heath  :therethere:

Hi ATU,

JUST A THOUGHT....

taking into consideration all the major stress you have had lately, although I know some of it is benzo withdrawal, I really do think that much of this constant background anxiety could NOT be the benzos. It very well could be just plain real life stressors getting to you.

I certainly hope all will be well with your sister and your wife. And it is a good sign that the doc said your sister came through the surgery and all looks good! I don't know about your wife's lymph node. Did you find out what it is,and I missed it here ? There are so many benign reasons for a lymph node to be swollen, as simple as a throat virus. I sure hope all goes well with that.

I'll be thinking good thoughts for your sister, your wife, AND YOU!

Hang in there and think positively, and you know what I'm going to say next...distract distract distract.

Heath  :therethere:

Heath,

I am currently of the same opinion. At this point in my taper the amount I am taking is doing very little if anything for my normal daily life and that's a good thing because I have to learn to live without it.

My wife's swollen lymph node was nothing and no further follow up was needed. My sister is still recovering in hospital but is getting stronger day by day. I'm sure it is just normal life stressors getting to me.

Thank you so much for kind words and advise.  :hug:

Time for my late afternoon meditation.  :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏🏻

[d2...]