Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Nova, Thanks a million for the links to the benzo posts you posted about 2 pages back. I just finished reading. There were really good articles and sites there.

I especially felt bad for the ones where there were people telling their journeys through fast tapers or c/t and the protracted sdfx they had because of it and how long some of them had to endure the wdsx for so many months even after getting off their benzo completely. I really felt so bad for those People!

Just makes me even more grateful that I found this site that shows us the correct way to taper slowly so these things dont happen to us.

I'm sorry those people had to go through what they did!

Did someone say Turtle Support Group? Here we come!

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Health/GTY_pet_turtles_as_160615_12x5_1600.jpg

Turtles playing leap frog? :D;D

Hi everyone who is having a somewhat successful taper,

Please give me advice...again!

Begood.....Please tell me how you taper. From reading your time line it seems that you reduce about .05 every month?

But do you cut .05 all at once and then hold for a month?

Or are you micro tapering daily so you get to .05  during a month's time?

And Valley, tell me once more how you do you micro taper  please.

And anyone else who wants to chime in...

I feel like a pain in the arse! But I need more lecturing! I'm like a small child who just doesn't learn from past experiences.

That benzo devil is telling me to cut and I am having a hard time being strong. I have no other symptoms except the burning pain in my arms and hands (but it is actually pretty bad)

I am willing to push on despite the pain because it is the only pain I have, and I can still function pretty well, but I am also thinking I should keep the hold going since its been only 15 days hold so far. And I might very well mess myself up.

I keep thinking that this is going to be one of those things, like the neck pain, that just keeps hanging around, coming and going all the time, so what stop my taper for it?

I am wondering if I go to micro taper whether it will make it easier on my brain or whether it will not make a difference.

What if I reduce .01 every week. That would come out to .09 reduction every 2 months . Maybe psychologically, it might make me think I was cutting more often even if it was basically the same reduction. (THIS IS OF COURSE KEEPING IT A NO MORE THAN A 5% cut each month.)

I just wish it wasn't  so hard to hold in one place. Seems after every two weeks of a hold, I just go bazzerk!

Maybe I need a good lecture or a spanking!  :tickedoff:

Heath :crazy::idiot:

HELP!

I taper for 10 days daily then hold for a full month, but sometimes may hold for 2 months.

Hi everyone who is having a somewhat successful taper,

Please give me advice...again!

Begood.....Please tell me how you taper. From reading your time line it seems that you reduce about .05 every month?

But do you cut .05 all at once and then hold for a month?

Or are you micro tapering daily so you get to .05  during a month's time?

And Valley, tell me once more how you do you micro taper  please.

And anyone else who wants to chime in...

I feel like a pain in the arse! But I need more lecturing! I'm like a small child who just doesn't learn from past experiences.

That benzo devil is telling me to cut and I am having a hard time being strong. I have no other symptoms except the burning pain in my arms and hands (but it is actually pretty bad)

I am willing to push on despite the pain because it is the only pain I have, and I can still function pretty well, but I am also thinking I should keep the hold going since its been only 15 days hold so far. And I might very well mess myself up.

I keep thinking that this is going to be one of those things, like the neck pain, that just keeps hanging around, coming and going all the time, so what stop my taper for it?

I am wondering if I go to micro taper whether it will make it easier on my brain or whether it will not make a difference.

What if I reduce .01 every week. That would come out to .09 reduction every 2 months . Maybe psychologically, it might make me think I was cutting more often even if it was basically the same reduction. (THIS IS OF COURSE KEEPING IT A NO MORE THAN A 5% cut each month.)

I just wish it wasn't  so hard to hold in one place. Seems after every two weeks of a hold, I just go bazzerk!

Maybe I need a good lecture or a spanking!  :tickedoff:

Heath :crazy::idiot:

HELP!

I taper for 10 days daily then hold for a full month, but sometimes may hold for 2 months.

Thanks Begood  :):smitten:

Been on a hold for a while now and I'm trying to make a plan to taper. I'm not sure where to begin, though I know I want to get off of Xanax before I do anything else; it's a wretched drug! This is my second hold in about a year and a half. I never knew about kindling until just recently, and unfortunately have learned the hard way. I've been a Valium patient for ~8 years and Valium with Xanax for almost as long.

Right now I'm holding at:

- 15mg of Valium daily; three (3) 5mg tablets daily, which I've recently started splitting into six equal doses.

- 0.5mg of Xanax daily; one (1) 0.5mg tablet daily, which I've been splitting into two doses; one in the morning and the other in the late afternoon.

This is working really well for me now. I was originally on 20mg of Valium for the majority of the past 8 years since I've been prescribed. The Xanax began as a helper one night and I allowed to turn into a habit (very stupid of me). I was having an AWFUL time just trying to maintain on this dose for a while, and realized it was medical cannabis that was interfering with my benzos. Apparently cannabis interferes with GABA, and GABA also plays a critical role in how benzos work; simply put, I realized I cannot use ANY medical cannabis products while on benzos, especially not whilst tapering. I quit it for the entire year of 2016 and even managed to get down to 12mg of Valium daily, but I went right back to 15mg when I began having anxiety after trying to curb my nausea with medical cannabis.  :-[

'Just wanted to share this with the community, as I don't want anyone to have to learn this lesson the hard way like I did. I'm fairly new to benzo withdrawal, but certainly not new to benzos or medication withdrawal in general. Any advice on my current way of doing things would be much appreciated!

Thinking positive , loving thoughts for Anne. May you be blessed with quick resolutions to you and hubby's road blocks.

Valley Umm...thanks for the windows! I haven't seen on in awhile. Some pretty rough riding here. I hate when I must phone my sister panicked, needing her to come over.

Love,Peace and Windows. It is truly a brother/ sisterhood here.

Mellowplease

Hello anyone and everyone,

Ok, I want to try a micro taper.

First I need lots of math reassurance. I think I understand but I am very unsure.

Let's say I want to do a daily micro taper .005 using a 10:1 solution of water and Roxane liquid Valium, using 1 ml and 10 ml syringe

And If I start to micro taper when I am at 1 mg ........is the following correct?

First CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME TO KNOW FOR SURE where the .005  line will be on the one ml syringe using the 10:1 solution?

This is what I think....

There are 100 lines on the one ml syringe.

I think the reduction of .005 would be at the 95th line.. (half way between the .9 and 1

And then if I reduced my dose by .005 for ten days, I would wind up at the .5 line on the syringe.( the middle of the syringe)

Am I figuring this correctly?

Then if I was starting with a dose of 1 mg and wanted to reduce by .005

I would fill the 10 ml syringe to the 9 line. And

I would fill the 1 ml syringe to the 95th line ( or the .95 line ).

Is that correct?

Also

Is .005  half of .01?

I'm not sure yet how I will do this, but I do want to try a micro taper because many people say it is less stressful on your CNS.

Thank you for your help,

Heath :smitten:

Oh , and if I were to reduce my dose by .01 and hold for 6 days, and keep going like that, for say, about a month, is that still a micro taper, or is that still a cut and hold? Which is better? Or is it an individual thing.

But I know You still have to hold when you daily micro taper.,

First I need lots of math reassurance. I think I understand but I am very unsure.

Let's say I want to do a daily micro taper .005 using a 10:1 solution of water and Roxane liquid Valium, using 1 ml and 10 ml syringe

And If I start to micro taper when I am at 1 mg ........is the following correct?

First CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME TO KNOW FOR SURE where the .005  line will be on the one ml syringe using the 10:1 solution?

This is what I think....

I think the reduction of .005 would be at the 95th line.. (half way between the .9 and 1

And then if I reduced my dose by .005 for ten days, I would wind up at the .5 line on the syringe.( the middle of the syringe)

Is that correct?

Also

Is .005  half of .01?

I'm not sure yet how I will do this, but I do want to try a micro taper because many people say it is less stressful on your CNS.

Thank you for your help,

Oh , and if I were to reduce my dose by .01 and hold for 6 days, and keep going like that, for say, about a month, is that still a micro taper, or is that still a cut and hold? Which is better? Or is it an individual thing.

Hi Heath. I also get annoyed and confused by all those little lines on syringes. So hard to figure out and so hard to read such tiny marks! I've messed that sort of thing up, myself, so I'd better  :-X rather than mess you up, too.

When people say cut and hold, they generally mean cut just once/month. Some people manage to cut twice/month. Then they wait and then cut again following Ashton's schedule or something similar. Daily micro taper means a micro-cut every day. But there are many of us who do something in between. I decided to switch to cutting twice/week instead of every day just so I could use a bigger syringe with easier-to-read lines. It's an experiment right now. I may go back to DMT if it doesn't go well.

I'm glad you are working out a plan to move forward and asking all the important questions before you jump in. You might try the Titration forum with your questions, too. They have many people experienced with liquefying and cutting over there.

You can do this! :thumbsup:

Gard :smitten:

Hi all .....

I've just been catching up on all your posts..... I'm afraid I don't have it to respond to everyone, but know that I have read all your posts and and am thinking of you , grateful for your wonderful support , and companionship on this journey.

Thank you Heath for your suggestions and taking the time to think about possibilities for me.

And Nova , Anne , Gard, Valley , anyone else I've missed , for your help with my panic over the yucky doctor. I got REALLY clear , ain't no way I'm going down that road!!

I think Heath , I'll leave the whole Librium idea alone for now. Yes , you are right, it's a good thing I have a prescribing doctor who leaves me alone for the most part. Though he did give me a bit of a push last time I talked to him as I was feeling crappy and he said I needed to get on with my taper. I think he'll still let me do my thing as long as he feels I'm doing a little something, which I am, a VERY little something! But something nonetheless, just testing the waters again with a few very tiny cuts this last week. I'm feeling it. Hoping it won't be too bad if I don't rush anything. I'm talking .003gms from a .16gm weight -2mg V  pill.

I don't want to be involved with that new doc at all.... she's young and i think still trying to strut her stuff, control and all that . so I'll just stay out of her way now.

no need to feel like a pain in the butt, I feel that way too when I'm feeling in need of help, I don;t feel strong and most of the time feel  ' i can't do this!" But we keep putting one foot in front of the other, Maybe I'll ask my doc who I have been seeing about the librium , but not sure there's much point , unless he feels it would help me , I could ask him.

Some symptoms do seem to just stick around don't they? I have this pain in my side and the burning which basically never go away. They just progress throughout the day. Mornings I have more anxiety and that gets easier as the day goes on. I get convinced I've got liver disease as alot of my pain and burning is in that area. Probably should get some blood tests done just for reassurance.

I'm sorry you are having some relentless symptoms Heath :therethere:

Cant- good to hear from you even if you are tired and not your usual witty self  :(  :therethere:

Hi Begood  :smitten:  :hug:

Nova, hang in there  :hug: and thanks for the links , I'll check them out.  At some point I may 'interfere' with the doc I saw, just don't want to get involved right now, don't have the bandwidth.

You sound rather exotic- part Native American , part african? How did you end up in the UK I wonder?

I spent 6 years living in London , lived in Brixton some of that time,  lots of Jamaicans there... Do you live in London?

Feel better sweetie.....  :smitten:

I'm sending hugs to you all, hoping any difficulties are lifting slowly but surely.

love,

Miyu  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I think this was a very jumbled post... but , from one benzo brain to another I doubt any of you will think twice about it! sometimes I feel like I'm just crazy :crazy:  well a lot actually.... ::)

Been on a hold for a while now and I'm trying to make a plan to taper. I'm not sure where to begin, though I know I want to get off of Xanax before I do anything else; it's a wretched drug! This is my second hold in about a year and a half. I never knew about kindling until just recently, and unfortunately have learned the hard way. I've been a Valium patient for ~8 years and Valium with Xanax for almost as long.

- 15mg of Valium daily; three (3) 5mg tablets daily, which I've recently started splitting into six equal doses.

- 0.5mg of Xanax daily; one (1) 0.5mg tablet daily, which I've been splitting into two doses; one in the morning and the other in the late afternoon.

This is working really well for me now. I was originally on 20mg of Valium for the majority of the past 8 years since I've been prescribed. The Xanax began as a helper one night and I allowed to turn into a habit (very stupid of me). I was having an AWFUL time just trying to maintain on this dose for a while, and realized it was medical cannabis that was interfering with my benzos. Apparently cannabis interferes with GABA, and GABA also plays a critical role in how benzos work; simply put, I realized I cannot use ANY medical cannabis products while on benzos, especially not whilst tapering. I quit it for the entire year of 2016 and even managed to get down to 12mg of Valium daily, but I went right back to 15mg when I began having anxiety after trying to curb my nausea with medical cannabis.  :-[

'Just wanted to share this with the community, as I don't want anyone to have to learn this lesson the hard way like I did. I'm fairly new to benzo withdrawal, but certainly not new to benzos or medication withdrawal in general. Any advice on my current way of doing things would be much appreciated!

welcome Redead..... THis is great group if you need help with holds and when to taper, how etc. Great support here.

I'm not the expert but I expect Valley and others might have something to chime in.

Miyu

PS , on the Cannabis... what info do you have on its effect on gaba? I have been taking 10 drops CBD:THC 2:1 in olive oil  ( not the thick strong stuff)at night for relaxation. I don't have a negative reaction to it, like anxiety, but it helps me sleep. wondering if maybe it's not a good idea. I'm a little concerned I might get wds from that if I just stop it now....

I copied this from part of your reply, Gard...

"When people say cut and hold, they generally mean cut just once/month. Some people manage to cut twice/month. Then they wait and then cut again following Ashton's schedule or something similar. Daily micro taper means a micro-cut every day. But there are many of us who do something in between. I decided to switch to cutting twice/week instead of every day just so I could use a bigger syringe with easier-to-read lines. It's an experiment right now. I may go back to DMT if it doesn't go well."

Thanks for that Gard! . It just so happns, in the back of my mind I really want to do something that's just in between a DMT  and a cut and hold also, like you mentioned.

Instead of a DMT of .005. For 10 days and holding for one month, the way I THINK Begood is doing it, I was thinking of trying .005 for 4or 5  days and holding 10 days. And then repeat.

All so worrisome, because I know I would be experimenting, but how will know if I dont try?

Heath  :smitten:

Heath,

I tried the DLMT and didn't like it.  The reducing everyday and the uncertainty of how it might pile-up was something I didn't like dealing with.  But I know some do really well with this.  I decided to cut every 10 days.  The xanax wd hits around day 3 (it's very consistent) and by day 10 I am ready to cut again.  It's going quite well.  As far as the little lines and trying to get accuracy with the syringes - you can further dilute and the doses will be larger (ie double or triple the water and have the volume of the dose be a lot larger).

Hi Guys.. so many "bits" I wanted to respond to as I read through, but you are all making good choices and asking the right questions, -and getting good answers... As far as my poor brain sees things...

Heath, for all my experiments, there are none I regret... -sure, there are some I wouldnt do again...

But they do tell us so much that is unique to us...

probably would have been "better" if i posted my thoughts first, like many of you are doing...

-Just pls anyone, -dont use my sig as guidance...

:)

Be Well Everyone...

This is what I think....

Is that correct?

Also

Is .005  half of .01?

Thank you for your help,

Hi Heath. i consider these microcuts. Your math is correct and the 5 or.5 mark on the 1ml syringe is .005 if you're using a 10:1 solution. I've tapered using 10 day cuts and holds and it worked well.  I've also done the DLMT which I'm doing now. I switch back and forth depending on how my body is reacting. :)--V

Thinking positive , loving thoughts for Anne. May you be blessed with quick resolutions to you and hubby's road blocks.

Valley Umm...thanks for the windows! I haven't seen on in awhile. Some pretty rough riding here. I hate when I must phone my sister panicked, needing her to come over.

Love,Peace and Windows. It is truly a brother/ sisterhood here.

Mellowplease

Good to hear from you Mellow! Hope all is well aside from the "blips" of sxs.  :)--V

Welcome Red! Thanks for the advice and be sure to post any questions you have. There is a lot of knowledgeable buddies in this group who can definitely help and support you.  :)--V

Hey Valley I was going to put a search party out for you, maybe you have been on and I missed it, how are you doing? I restarted my taper Saturday and a friend helped me. I am not going to make 600cc of solution anymore, just two days worth, it was not tasting right. Oh well it is trail and error if one thing does not work, keep trying to find the way.  :smitten:

Hi, V! Very glad to see a math guru come to the rescue here. :thumbsup: How are you doing? Those chickens keeping you busy?

Hey Valley I was going to put a search party out for you, maybe you have been on and I missed it, how are you doing? I restarted my taper Saturday and a friend helped me. I am not going to make 600cc of solution anymore, just two days worth, it was not tasting right. Oh well it is trail and error if one thing does not work, keep trying to find the way.  :smitten:

Hi BG! Sorry I haven't posted much lately. I had a couple of nights of insomnia (which I expect every now and then) but have slept great the past couple of nights. I've been reading the posts but not posting myself as my brain has been a little tired like can'tfly's lol.

Great  to hear your getting lower and hope to hear good news as you go down.  :)--V

Hi, V! Very glad to see a math guru come to the rescue here. :thumbsup: How are you doing? Those chickens keeping you busy?

Hi gard!  I need to be a little more chickeny with my taper lol. Hope you are doing well!  :)--V

Hey Lynn, :)

I read you had a great artifact find..!!

Am doing well... -no worse, -which is great in my books, so hoping I will bounce back a bit faster than I first thought... -well, thats the plan...!!

Valley, -Gard told me she wants arithmetic classes asap..!!

-I tried once, but no one liked my answers...

:(

Get better soon, which I know you will..

Hi BG! Sorry I haven't posted much lately. I had a couple of nights of insomnia (which I expect every now and then) but have slept great the past couple of nights. I've been reading the posts but not posting myself as my brain has been a little tired like can'tfly's lol.

Great  to hear your getting lower and hope to hear good news as you go down.  :)--V

Yes you were missed, and I was thinking that either it was a Family thing or the V revenge beaver butt was rearing its head, Oh yes sleep is so important, I wake late at night and go through the halls of BB....but I do sleep. Yes you and Cant sleepy guys. :smitten:

Hey Lynn, :)

I read you had a great artifact find..!!

Am doing well... -no worse, -which is great in my books, so hoping I will bounce back a bit faster than I first thought... -well, thats the plan...!!

Valley, -Gard told me she wants arithmetic classes asap..!!

-I tried once, but no one liked my answers...

:(

Get better soon, which I know you will..

LOL. Lucky for gard I have to take a math class in July for recertification. I may be able to do some math after that lol.  :)--V

Hey BG, I had to cut my batch because it was just lasting too long as I get lower.  I had some weird white shards forming - figured that wasn't a good thing! :o  I'm ready to cut it in half again.

[1f...]