Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Valley,

Did you ever try keeping a little pad of paper or a calendar by your bedside and checking off when you take your dose? I do that, and before I pop into bed,I look to see if today's date is checked off. It s my way of self checking that I took my dose.

Little weekly pill reminders are good too but with liquid the pill reminders won't work.

Just a suggestion.

I also keep a calendar taped inside the cabinet door where I keep the liquid Valium solution. I check the box when I take the day's dose.

Of course I have to remember to take the dose when I check the box! On occasion I check the box but never did take the dose! Or I take the dose and forget to check the box. So I have to remember to do both immediately at the same time! :crazy:  :idiot:

Nothing is fool proof ...ya know????:smitten:

Heath :)  :smitten:

Valley,

Did you ever try keeping a little pad of paper or a calendar by your bedside and checking off when you take your dose? I do that, and before I pop into bed,I look to see if today's date is checked off. It s my way of self checking that I took my dose.

Little weekly pill reminders are good too but with liquid the pill reminders won't work.

Just a suggestion.

I also keep a calendar taped inside the cabinet door where I keep the liquid Valium solution. I check the box when I take the day's dose.

Of course I have to remember to take the dose when I check the box! On occasion I check the box but never did take the dose! Or I take the dose and forget to check the box. So I have to remember to do both immediately at the same time! :crazy:  :idiot:

Hi Heath. Thanks for the suggestions. This is pretty new to me. I don't usually ever forget to take my dose. My problem is that one dose is at midnight and although I always get up at midnight, I am somehow forgetting to take my dose. It's still in the cup by my bed in the morning. Not sure how to make myself remember as I have been out of it when I get up the past few nights lol.  :)--V

Valley,

Just a suggestion.

Hi Heath. Thanks for the suggestions. This is pretty new to me. I don't usually ever forget to take my dose. My problem is that one dose is at midnight and although I always get up at midnight, I am somehow forgetting to take my dose. It's still in the cup by my bed in the morning. Not sure how to make myself remember as I have been out of it when I get up the past few nights lol.  :)--V

V,  Can you rearrange your dosages so you will not have to take at midnight?? :)

Valley,

Just a suggestion.

V,  Can you rearrange your dosages so you will not have to take at midnight?? :)

I'm starting to think I might move from 3 doses back to 2 and thendose at 8:00 am and 8:00 pm. It would probably help me avoid this.  :)--V

I woke up this morning only to be greeted by an ocular migraine. Had to take an Aleve and Lie down for a few hours.

I haven't had one of those for maybe a year now.

Bummer!  :sick:

ATU 🙏🏻

Bummer is right! Migraines are the worst. I hope it doesn't last too long. Hope the Alleve works for you.

I'm wondering if you get these migraines a lot. I get horrible tension headaches and nothing works except prescription .

But a friend recommended a headache remedy by Walmart's brand (Equate) it's called Extra strength headache relief. It has acetometaphin, aspirin, and caffeine.  It works for me sometimes.

But  I don't know if it would work on a migraine. But if Aleve works for you, that's great! Hope you feel better fast!

Heath :smitten:

Valley,

Just a suggestion.

I'm starting to think I might move from 3 doses back to 2 and thendose at 8:00 am and 8:00 pm. It would probably help me avoid this.  :)--V

V, that's the best idea yet!

Valley,

Just a suggestion.

Sounds like a good plan. :thumbsup:

I woke up this morning only to be greeted by an ocular migraine. Had to take an Aleve and Lie down for a few hours.

I haven't had one of those for maybe a year now.

Bummer!  :sick:

ATU 🙏🏻

Bummer is right! Migraines are the worst. I hope it doesn't last too long. Hope the Alleve works for you.

I'm wondering if you get these migraines a lot. I get horrible tension headaches and nothing works except prescription .

But a friend recommended a headache remedy by Walmart's brand (Equate) it's called Extra strength headache relief. It has acetometaphin, aspirin, and caffeine.  It works for me sometimes.

But  I don't know if it would work on a migraine. But if Aleve works for you, that's great! Hope you feel better fast!

Heath :smitten:

Heath,

I used to get Migraines regularly when I was a kid. Then I just simply outgrew them.

Ever since I have been trying to get off benzos, they return now and then. Actually the headache part isn't as bad or as long as it used to be but the visual blindness that starts each one off is the worst because I can't function, can't drive can't walk. Luckily Aleve or Motrin do take care of the pain and if I catch it on the onset it only puts me out of the game for a few hours at worst.

Thanks for telling about that Walmart brand, I'll check but not sure it is available here in Canada.

Have a great day!

ATU 🙏🏻

Has anybody me felt more sick and anxious after taking their dose of Valium? I feel immediately anxious and sick after taking my morning dose off Valium.

Hi Hope, yes  unfortunately I get more anxiety after I take V ..... I still get the sedation but it seems to have a paradoxical effect relative to anxiety . I feel best when I wake up in the morning before I take anything ,..... And the day gets steadily worse as I dose .

What a conundrum .

I tried cutting a tiny amount as I had planned , and in two days I was back in WD hell..... Couldn't sleep( even tho sedated ) disoriented , anxious , weaknes..... Pretty much like the side effects only worse.

I don't know what to do, the V makes me anxious and seems to bring on certain symtoms , like overheating all the time , shaking, weakness, burning , but if I try the tiniest cut I feel even worse.

I don't think holding more is going to change my body's reaction to the V , it's really only gotten worse .

So , I'm going to keep trying to make very tiny cuts , and then wait it out each little cut... At least I'll feel like I'm moving forwards . I may be someone who just has a hard taper whatever I do. I know that the final outcome may be good from going slow , I'm counting on it .

But somehow I've got to find my way through this.

Hi to everyone and hugs to all who are having difficult symptoms  :therethere: :therethere: :hug: :hug:

Love, MiYu

Valley,

Just a suggestion.

The sloths say  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: since they won't be arriving to help for a year or two.

Valley,

Just a suggestion.

The sloths say  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: since they won't be arriving to help for a year or two.

Well if the sloths aren't going to be very helpful.... I'll have to go back to the unreliable chickens.  :laugh:

I set a phone alarm every night...

I'd set my alarm but getting up isn't the problem. I always wake up at midnight and use the restroom and have been reliable in taking my doses at that time. I'm not sure why it's not the firsts thing I think of anymore lol. Maybe I could,write myself a reminder on the mirror in the bathroom with fluorescent paint.  :)--V

Anybody heard from BG today? I hope she is doing ok.  :)--V

Hey Valley I am here off and on, just about to wrap up for tonight, I am doing well. Just have had the sleepies, just a minor blip, so just sleeping and thinking that my Brain is healing during the daytime when I am sleeping and needs me to be asleep so it can do some deeper healing anyway that is how I think, no biggie, it has pretty been this way this month. To restart taper for 10 days Saturday. Thanks V. You doing OK?

Glad you're doing ok. The fatigue throws me off sometimes too. I'm doing ok but missed a dose a couple of days ago and feeling it today in the form of dizzyness and muscle pain.  :)--V

Well we need to get together and buy you a medicine container or an app for phone to remind you to take your medication :). Just remember someday you will be [glow=red,2,300]"Free At Last"  :thumbsup:[/glow] and not have to worry if you took that benzo.  :thumbsup:

Lol. I couldn't remember if I took it and figured I hadn't but didn't want to risk taking it twice. I know I missed it now. Anxiety is even up a notch and I haven't had anxiety much during this taper.  :)--V

I took mine twice once by accident what happens if you do that?

Anybody heard from BG today? I hope she is doing ok.  :)--V

Hey Valley I am here off and on, just about to wrap up for tonight, I am doing well. Just have had the sleepies, just a minor blip, so just sleeping and thinking that my Brain is healing during the daytime when I am sleeping and needs me to be asleep so it can do some deeper healing anyway that is how I think, no biggie, it has pretty been this way this month. To restart taper for 10 days Saturday. Thanks V. You doing OK?

Glad you're doing ok. The fatigue throws me off sometimes too. I'm doing ok but missed a dose a couple of days ago and feeling it today in the form of dizzyness and muscle pain.  :)--V

Well we need to get together and buy you a medicine container or an app for phone to remind you to take your medication :). Just remember someday you will be [glow=red,2,300]"Free At Last"  :thumbsup:[/glow] and not have to worry if you took that benzo.  :thumbsup:

Lol. I couldn't remember if I took it and figured I hadn't but didn't want to risk taking it twice. I know I missed it now. Anxiety is even up a notch and I haven't had anxiety much during this taper.  :)--V

I took mine twice once by accident what happens if you do that?

It really shouldn't have much of an impact for a one time one off dose.  :)--V

I'd set my alarm but getting up isn't the problem. I always wake up at midnight and use the restroom and have been reliable in taking my doses at that time. I'm not sure why it's not the firsts thing I think of anymore lol. Maybe I could,write myself a reminder on the mirror in the bathroom with fluorescent paint.  :)--V

Oh I meant to remind me to take it. Back when I had to dose 4x a day I just set an alarm on my phone for each dose. Kind of annoying but it worked! Now I have to set one a few hours before my bedtime dose to remember my grapefruit juice. My husband has a good laugh at all my little notes and alarms but with my benzo brain there is no way around it!

lipstick works well  :)

I'll have to try it.  :laugh:

Has anybody me felt more sick and anxious after taking their dose of Valium? I feel immediately anxious and sick after taking my morning dose off Valium.

Hi Hope, yes  unfortunately I get more anxiety after I take V ..... I still get the sedation but it seems to have a paradoxical effect relative to anxiety . I feel best when I wake up in the morning before I take anything ,..... And the day gets steadily worse as I dose .

What a conundrum .

I tried cutting a tiny amount as I had planned , and in two days I was back in WD hell..... Couldn't sleep( even tho sedated ) disoriented , anxious , weaknes..... Pretty much like the side effects only worse.

I don't know what to do, the V makes me anxious and seems to bring on certain symtoms , like overheating all the time , shaking, weakness, burning , but if I try the tiniest cut I feel even worse.

I don't think holding more is going to change my body's reaction to the V , it's really only gotten worse .

So , I'm going to keep trying to make very tiny cuts , and then wait it out each little cut... At least I'll feel like I'm moving forwards . I may be someone who just has a hard taper whatever I do. I know that the final outcome may be good from going slow , I'm counting on it .

Hi to everyone and hugs to all who are having difficult symptoms  :therethere: :therethere: :hug: :hug:

Love, MiYu

I get the same reaction.  Im fine until I take the POISON

What a conundrum .

Love, MiYu

I get the same reaction.  Im fine until I take the POISON

This is one of my old posts:

It is anything but linear. It's not even predictable. You may feel crappy for several days and then less crappy for a day, rinse repeat before you gradually start feeling better (and it is very gradual). I actually had periods where the nature of the sxs seemed actually worse because they were different as time went on if that makes sense. The answer to your second question is also yes. I posted several times on the forum how I would feel worse after dosing and that it felt toxic (it may be why some rush to get off). However during the hold, this also dissipated and resolved. I'm sure it was more related to withdrawal than the drug being paradoxical or toxic. Hope you stabilize quickly and have an easy ride down!

Hope that helps some of you that feel worse after dosing.  :)--V

I'll have to try it.  :laugh:

You could teach the chicken to peck you until you take your pill. Or you could teach the chicken to write on the mirror with lipstick. Not sure which would be easier. :-\

Sloth trio reports they are 2 1/2 feet closer to your house than they were this morning. No ETA yet.

What a conundrum .

Love, MiYu

Hi both  :hug: I feel so bad I'm not sure any-more which way is up, or if its worse holding BUT...I believe that thought is part withdrwal and part paranoia I've picked up from reading too much on BB at times and too many opinions based on hear say, and just repeated parrot fashion thread after thread not actual personal experience at all. Here is an indisputable truth regarding all of this, beofre I joined BB there was no way in hell I would have thought its best to cut while being this symptomatic.

I held through hell and high water  suffering and eventually after sometime, it worked  I stabilised and had none or barely noticeable symptoms, and felt great and loving life again. It took many months,I can't remember clearly but it was  a LONG time at the same dose maybe even a year or a bit longer of holding the same dose 'all the time feeling f-in terrible.

But it was so worth it in the end that long wait, and through it all I believed that as now 'I'm never going to be anything but this, stuck like this getting worse until I die never getting better.  I only got the ''I'm holding too long/held a long time and its not helping  and its not working''phobia from BB, that's right I said ''phobia'' because when I look at it logically ( in a rare moment of logical thought ???) that's what its become.

And its made a lot worse by comparing what happening to me and how long for against others who appeared not to be taking so long to see results, or whose symptoms still allow them to get on with their life a lot better than I can. But I believe that's also the withdrawal monster putting negative thoughts into my mind, yet another ''symptom''  but we have no control over it its not intentional its a chemically controlled,we can't help or force it too stop with the best will in the world. And everyday I wrestle with the cut! cut!  do something to make it stop!! I'm not making any progress I'm getting worse!!!! mentality that's also a withdraw symptom while your this sick.  :sick:

But yesterday I had a return of a symptom I had when I was lower in dose before my up-dose and hold while I was cutting hoping to relive symptoms I still have now. It actually kicked off twice AFTER a cut in previously And that proves to me its STILL ongoing withdrawal from previous cuts BEFORE the up-doses and hold so I still need to hold and not have any expectation as it's all unpredictable while your waiting to stabilise however long it takes and shit will happen before you do!!! :D

I remember crying as I thought I'd never walk properly and couldn't' walk at all some days or dance ever again I was always dancing but after the long hold I went on my first holiday in year's to a yoga and meditation retreat in Cyprus and fell in love with yoga as I'd never done it before. And even as I'm sat here typing this  absolute truth the withdrawal monster is telling me all the bad stuff that this is it, its not going to get better, my pain and anxiety are still going up the wall. But I now remember I have been here before, and it was a long hold that turned me around big time before cutting at Ashton's rate fkd me up again, and doing smaller cuts in between trying to get some relief just allowed it to escalate ::) 

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I hope people can give themselves enough time to heal before tapering.  You may get that panicked feeling that you need to get the drug out of your system, but this feeling can be very misleading I think.  It makes it seem like the nature of the problem is the presence of the drug in the body, when I think it's really our body's dependence on the drug, and when we've built this dependence up for a long period of time it needs to be gradually reversed. 

My big lesson for today is that a hold is harder work than a taper.

We get impatient and want to take it down and down, or a pdoc pressures us into discontinuing since we're not at "therapeutic levels" anyway.

But to hold.  And hold.  And hold.  and wait until you're not suffering before you do a cut - and plan that cut weeks in advance.

I may have the longest hold ever. Last August I had an awful wave. Crushing spine pain, 10 days straight of insomnia, and I lost 30lbs. in 7 days. I was in an awful mental state, total terror and I thought I wasn't going to make it through that. So I held on. At the time my wife and I were in Australia for her work. We decided I'd come home in October and so I held to October. I was at 2mg of Valium.

When I got back to the US I was still fairly fragile. On the advice of most here and because my wife was afraid of another wave while she was back in Australia I held until she finished her assignment. She returned home in December and it seemed we were on our way.

Two weeks later my mom passed away. My dad was dependent on my mom, because he's blind. So this became both instant grief beyond belief and an instant crisis. We had to get my dad near my brothers and I. I was with my dad for a month while we worked on moving him, figuring out my mom's estate, etc. So I held, still at 2mg.

Once my dad was settled I started a job and so I held. That job has gone fairly well and we saved enough money to buy a house, so I held.

In 2 months we move into the house. I assume once we're settled eventually the hold will end. This year has been hell. I can barely believe what has gone down.

There are times where I wonder if holding this long was a good idea. There are other days I can't imagine doing otherwise.

Tomorrow is my doc appointment to see if I'll be able to do a long hold, wish me luck!

All the best sweetie  :hug: I hope it all goes well for you and things work out to your advantage  :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[f0...]