Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

hi , I need some math help!

I switched 2 mgs of my dose to liquid last two days, diluting it to 400mls, and took out 1ml each night , total of 2 mls.

today I am having panic attacks...and crazy cortisol surges. I just don't believe its from the cuts alone , its just too little of an amount .....i think it must be the liquid?

anyway , I think i want to try dry cutting with  my scale.

My 2 mg pills weigh .159 gms. ( I powdered 10 pills and divided by 10)

If I reduce by .003 gms day, how many mgs would that be a month reduction? I can't for the life of me work it out. It seems like it comes out close to 1 mg, which is way too much obviously. I want to try just an 1/8th mg or less this first try for the month of June.

Help!!

I can't believe how anxious and awful I feel. I'm really screwed if It's not the liquid!

Valley, you have a good brain still I think?

can you help?

at .003 gms a day reduction i end up with .069 gms left after 30 days .

.079 ( 1mg)is half of .159,(2mgs pill) which does mean at .003 I'd be cutting close to a mg in one month yes?

i think it must be .001 gms day reduction  to get around  1/8th reduction?

feeling panicky and  :crazy:.....

Miyu

Hi MiYu,

Your liquid has a concentration of 2mg/400mL= 0.005 mg/mL

The 2 mL you cut would be a 0.01 mg cut. 

If your pills weigh 0.159 g we have 2 mg/0.159g = 12.6 mg/g

If you cut by 0.003 g per day for 30 days we have 0.003 g x 30 days = 0.09 g

(2 mg/0.159 g ) x 0.09 g =1.13 mg

This would be a cut of 1.13 mg in one month.

Hope this helps.

I hope you feel better soon.

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks you Anne, you are so smart! yes I think that's right , so what if I only want to cut 1/8th mg the first month to test it out and see how I do? ( see my post to Valley above) 1/8th mg a month would mean I would only want to be cutting that 1.13 mgs amount in approx 8 months yes? not sure how I would measure such a tiny amount except by skipping days.....

I felt a bit better this afternoon , phew.....

love, Miyu :smitten:

Gard, Begood, miyu

Thank you for your caring responses. I am praying for the best outcome possible but she already had a bad case of breast cancer that had spread as it was caught late and was aggressive.

I hope beyond hope that this is operable and gives her a bit more time any way.

I think I am holding up OK, certainly better than yesterday but I will get down to see her in the big city next week and that will be hard.

Blessing to you

ATY 🙏🏻

Yes, it will be hard. But I am sure she will be so happy to see you. I pray the trip goes well for you.

Gard

Gard, Begood, miyu

Thank you for your caring responses. I am praying for the best outcome possible but she already had a bad case of breast cancer that had spread as it was caught late and was aggressive.

I think I am holding up OK, certainly better than yesterday but I will get down to see her in the big city next week and that will be hard.

Blessing to you

ATY 🙏🏻

Yes, it will be hard. But I am sure she will be so happy to see you. I pray the trip goes well for you.

Gard

I am glad you will be able to go see her, good for both of you. We will be thinking of you and Family.

Gard , Heath, and everyone, thinking of you and sending love,

Miyu :smitten:

MiYu, thinking of you also. Stay Strong.

Hi Anne hope you are feeling better and Hubby also, thinking of you both. Good to see you here. Thinking the school year is over for you now. Stay Strong. :)

Hi MiYu,

Hope this helps.

Thanks you Anne, you are so smart! yes I think that's right , so what if I only want to cut 1/8th mg the first month to test it out and see how I do? ( see my post to Valley above) 1/8th mg a month would mean I would only want to be cutting that 1.13 mgs amount in approx 8 months yes? not sure how I would measure such a tiny amount except by skipping days.....

Glad you are feeling better.  You would not be able to cut that small of an amount using a scale.  You could with liquid.  Cutting 1.13 mg/month, means you are decreasing the mass of the tablet by 0.003 g/day.  One-eighth of that would be 0.00038 g/day. 

As for the liquid, you could prepare a 200 mL mixture rather than 400 mL.  It is a good idea to shake your liquid before removing liquid.  Also, after drinking your liquid, you can add some water to the container, swirl, and drink.  Theoretically, the valium will dissolve in the vodka, but solubility can be affected by many things --one of them being temperature. This is why I always like to shake the liquid before removing my toss amount or measuring a dose. 

I hope you continue to feel better.

Anne  :smitten:

Gard, Begood, miyu

Blessing to you

Hi ATU,

I am so sorry for your sister.  Both of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace and healing to both of you.

ATY 🙏🏻

Hi Anne hope you are feeling better and Hubby also, thinking of you both. Good to see you here. Thinking the school year is over for you now. Stay Strong. :)

Hi Begood,

Thank you so much!!  It means a lot.  You are such a wonderful supportive person. Yes, I am off for a few more weeks, and then I will teach the second summer session. I hope you are doing well!!  Hopefully, you have recovered from that nasty stomach bug by now.

Enjoy your evening.

Hi Begood,

Thank you so much!!  It means a lot.  You are such a wonderful supportive person. Yes, I am off for a few more weeks, and then I will teach the second summer session. I hope you are doing well!!  Hopefully, you have recovered from that nasty stomach bug by now.

Enjoy your evening.

Thanks Anne, I am all good again. :)

thank you Anne.... I think the problem is I might not do well with liquid for some reason....

I think I could manage the 1/8th month if i do every other day?

I hope you are recovering well from your operation, love, Miyu :smitten:

THank you Begood , you are always such a Pillar of strength ! love , MiYu :smitten: :smitten:

I follow your posts here always, Stay Strong. :)

Heath,

You know, today I am feeling quite a bit better. The last four days were terrible and yesterday was the worst when I heard my Sister has a brain tumour. Yikes!

I had been taking an allergy pill every day the previous four days I speak about so I stopped and I think they were pushing over the very close edge.

Last night when I got the news of my Sister it hit me like a ton of bricks but I think I am over the initial shock now.

Blessings and healing to everyone!

ATU 🙏🏻

Oh ATU,

I can only imagine how awful you must feel about the news about your sister's health. I'm sure you love her very much. I hope you will be upbeat and positive with her. She needs lots of support and positive vibes right now. And we here on the long hold support group will be here to support you always.  I hope your sister will be able to get through this difficult situation with excellent results and a full recovery. It seems like life in general just keeps on giving, doesn't it?  :( not just the benzos!

Prayers are with you and your sister, ATU.

Heath :therethere:

Heath,

You know, today I am feeling quite a bit better. The last four days were terrible and yesterday was the worst when I heard my Sister has a brain tumour. Yikes!

I had been taking an allergy pill every day the previous four days I speak about so I stopped and I think they were pushing over the very close edge.

Last night when I got the news of my Sister it hit me like a ton of bricks but I think I am over the initial shock now.

ATU 🙏🏻

Sorry to hear about your sister ATU. I hope all goes,well with her.  :)--V

I switched 2 mgs of my dose to liquid last two days, diluting it to 400mls, and took out 1ml each night , total of 2 mls.

today I am having panic attacks...and crazy cortisol surges. I just don't believe its from the cuts alone , its just too little of an amount .....i think it must be the liquid?

If I reduce by .003 gms day, how many mgs would that be a month reduction? I can't for the life of me work it out. It seems like it comes out close to 1 mg, which is way too much obviously. I want to try just an 1/8th mg or less this first try for the month of June.

Help!!

I can't believe how anxious and awful I feel. I'm really screwed if It's not the liquid!

can you help?

.079 ( 1mg)is half of .159,(2mgs pill) which does mean at .003 I'd be cutting close to a mg in one month yes?

Miyu

Hi MiYu,

Hope this helps.

I knew if I held out long enough Anne would figure it out.  :laugh:  I could do it but am afraid I would make a mistake on the scale method. I can figure the liquid out just fine.  :)--V

8th day if last cut.

Usual nerve pain, fore arms , hands, and old toe pain acting up. Sleep patterns all messed up.... but ya know, if this will be my biggest problem, I will be very grateful! Only blips in the scheme of things. Could be much worse. I tried a .03 cut this past time. So far it doesn't seem to make a difference. Hope I can continue at this size and eventually make it to a 4 or 5 % cut.

But not doing that right now!

I hope that Tntd, MiYu,  Cant, hope, thirdtimearound,Gard, Cando, ATU, and anyone I forgot to mention,will have Windows today. Sometimes I hesitate to mention names because I just know I will forget someone. :(

I Hope V and BG and Lynne and Anne continue to do well. And Gard, you are holding right? Your posts seem so upbeat. I hope that's because you too are feeling good.

Good day to everyone! 

Heath :smitten:

Thanks, Heath. No, I'm cutting, but very slowly.  I'm very sorry to hear you are having nerve pain. I hope it passes soon. Nerve pain spikes make me totally >:(.

Gard :smitten:

Oh, I didn't know you were cutting again Gard. Hope it stays smooth!  Gard, I'm not really sure if it's nerve pain. Hard to explain it. Achy, and at times real pain that throbs. Don't really know what it is but it comes and goes . Some times real bad sometimes not there at all. But it definitely is not muscle pain.

But at least I have learned not to obsess, and remember that it is just the benzos and it will be gone for good one day!

Strange but today I am kind of off balance. Don't know what that is. Not dizzy. I guess I better take it slow.

Heath :thumb-sup

Help!!

can you help?

Miyu

Hi MiYu,

Hope this helps.

I knew if I held out long enough Anne would figure it out.  :laugh:  I could do it but am afraid I would make a mistake on the scale method. I can figure the liquid out just fine.  :)--V

Now I'm editing this post as I've got it wrong!

thank you both :)  if I do a dry cut of .001 gms every other day x 15=.015gms in one month. thats about 2 mgs in 10 months...

does that make  sense to either of you in terms of math?! still not really clear on the weighing calculations.

I think THis is actually faster than I want to start out with , so I think I will see what it works out at if I do a .001 gm cut every three days instead of two....I want to cut about 1/8th mg a month approx.

love, Miyu :)

MiYu,

I'm so glad we have some real math whizzes on this support group. I didn't answer your post because I had absolutely no idea how to help you. I'm no good with high level math. So glad Anne was able to help you! Good luck with you taper once more. :thumbsup:

Heath :smitten:

thanks Heath,,, Anne is definitely a wizz...and VAlley is great with the liquid I know...I'm still trying to figure out the best cut rate for me at this time....

Its so easy to make mistakes with benzo brain. Liquid is so much easier but I had such a strong reaction after two days I'm not sure i can do it.

I hope your symptoms pass quickly  , love, Miyu :smitten: :smitten:

Miyu :hug: When you change to liquid do NOT cut immediately, your supposed to HOLD for 2 to 4 weeks to allow your body to get used to the change in the way you administrate, and it can be quite  a shock to the system.

That's what did me over no-one pointed that out to me and I cut  immediately from day one  when I tried liquidising one pill and things just went down hill from there..  NEVER cut without a HOLD when you change over that's probably where your problem lies if your cutting immediately HOLD for at LEAST two weeks,and see how you progress from there. I'm thinking about liquidising one of my pills while  I'm holding simply because they break easily as I'm cutting 5.1/2 from 2mg pills.

And at this rate I'm worried I'm going to end up with no stash left except for broken bits I'd have to weigh and that's a pain in the arse weighing makes me terribly anxious and OCD.  And I really don't want to change things around while holding as I'm still terribly unstable, but I don't want to end up with nothing but uneven bits and having to fiddle about weighing either. And I'd also have to updose again to 6mg for a while as I don't want to risk cutting my  dose from what would be 200mls of liquid too early (1.75mls) if I'm going over to liquid on the one pill due to the change as I already explained about allowing your system to get used to it first.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Just saying hi to all.  ATU, want to express my sadness over your sisters recurrence of cancer.  I will be praying for her.  MiYu, hope the cutting goes well.  All others, I'm still reading always and appreciate this board so much and everyone who contributes.  :smitten:

Heath,

ATU 🙏🏻

ATU  :hug: I'm sorry to read about your bad news I hope you can find the strength to cope,  the same for your sister. Thinking of you :hug:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Free it is good to see you here I know you read, but being here is stellar. :smitten:

Hey [glow=red,2,300]"Sista"[/glow] hoping that things will get better for you, but know that you are a fighter. :smitten:

[20...]