Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thanks for the support. We are just going to ride this out.  Not sure what it is, but pretty sure it's not interdose w/d--we split the dose for a week and it didn't make a dent.

We're kind of thinking it might be some kind of adrenaline or cortisol surge (I've read a bit about that on this forum, plus how the benzo w/d can cause dysregulation of the HPA axis).

We started CBD oil and might be seeing a benefit. Time will tell, but for the past couple of days, things settled down earlier (like around 9 pm or so).

Thirdtimearound--thanks for your thought on this, she's 41, so could be hormones too.  I'm also thinking that the discomfort she is starting to feel (used to be relatively mild, but now it's becoming worse) might be playing into the increase in her emotionality. 

That's about all I can say for now--I'm honestly feeling a bit exhausted.

Well, I'm in a wave now full blown and I blame myself for it. After 4 days of physical exertion not running marathons mind you but exertion nonetheless.

I seem to have this happen to me now and then, I can be going along fine then after some days of physical exercise in any form and bang. Burning arms, anxiety, dizzy spells, loss of appetite mild tinnitus Dr/DP.

Oh well I will just have to wait until it passes! Woe is me.. :crazy:

Hope everyone else is holding up OK other than those who have posted their situations.

ATU 🙏🏻

Well, I'm in a wave now full blown and I blame myself for it. After 4 days of physical exertion not running marathons mind you but exertion nonetheless.

I seem to have this happen to me now and then, I can be going along fine then after some days of physical exercise in any form and bang. Burning arms, anxiety, dizzy spells, loss of appetite mild tinnitus Dr/DP.

Hope everyone else is holding up OK other than those who have posted their situations.

ATU 🙏🏻

Sorry you're having a ramp up ATU.  It's hard not to overdo it sometimes.  :)--V

ATU 🙏🏻

I'm so sorry to hear about this ATU. I hope it passes soon.

Gard :smitten:

ATU 🙏🏻

I'm so sorry to hear about this ATU. I hope it passes soon.

Thanks Gard,..me too.  ;D

ATU 🙏🏻

ATU 🙏🏻

ATU, Sorry i get the same effects from over doing things just know it will settle down and get better. Know your not alone in this struggle ~CD

Hello, I was able to hold for 5 months after losing my sister but than was started again to rapidly. I am a mess. Been able to hold almost a month now due to extras I had put back. Hoping to hold. My goal is either hold at current till I stabilize or up dose back to 4mgs a day.

I have found even now hitting almost a month the past 4 days have been better, gone out a few times. Less panic attacks.

Hi Lost,

I am so sorry for your loss.  Please accept my deepest sympathies.  I am glad to hear you are doing better since your hold.  I think a good long hold will get you stabilized so you can start tapering again.

Welcome to the group!!

Anne  :smitten:

ATU 🙏🏻

Sorry it has been bad for you, we do tend to forget when we are going full speed ahead, that we may be doing too much, heck we never had to worry about this before, I am hoping with some rest you will start feeling better. One step at a time, one day these up and downs will all be Past for you. Stay Strong. :) 

Well its day  seven of my cut.

Hey my keyboard won't switch into the number key board? What gives?

Ok so I'll type out my numbers.

Anyway, just as I thought, here comes the wdsx I feel with every cut. So at least it confirms for me that it IS a wdsx and IT WILL GO AWAY, and there is nothing wrong with me, but I just have to wait it out.

This time it's the pains in my arms and hands. After reading about nervevpain, I think that is what it is. I can t explain the pain and it sounds like nerve pain, so I'm just going to cAll it nerve pain.

Anyway, it's that,  and the good old insomnia is back. I was sleeping really good for three weeks. I guess I knew it wouldn't last. But it was sure good while it Lasted!

At least they are not too terrible. I'll wait it out and hold until I am stabler.

With the small cuts I am making, it seems like I am finding a pattern. Wdsx every cut, but not too bad, lasting about ten days, then stable again. I guess I am beginning to get a pattern of being able to cut every three weeks. Last cut was .03mg. That was a tiny bit bigger, but I think it's going to be ok. WE SHALL SEE,

Heath

Anyway, just as I thought, here comes the wdsx I feel with every cut. So at least it confirms for me that it IS a wdsx and IT WILL GO AWAY, and there is nothing wrong with me, but I just have to wait it out.

This time it's the pains in my arms and hands. After reading about nervevpain, I think that is what it is. I can t explain the pain and it sounds like nerve pain, so I'm just going to cAll it nerve pain.

Anyway, it's that,  and the good old insomnia is back. I was sleeping really good for three weeks. I guess I knew it wouldn't last. But it was sure good while it Lasted!

At least they are not too terrible. I'll wait it out and hold until I am stabler.

With the small cuts I am making, it seems like I am finding a pattern. Wdsx every cut, but not too bad, lasting about ten days, then stable again. I guess I am beginning to get a pattern of being able to cut every three weeks. Last cut was .03mg. That was a tiny bit bigger, but I think it's going to be ok. WE SHALL SEE,

Heath

I'm glad things are going well for the most part Heath. You'll be off before you know it.  :thumbsup:

Question for group,..

Do any of you experience a kind of shakiness after exerting yourselves,..say exercising or performing a rather difficult chore.

I have noticed this lately like today I had to drop the mowing deck from my lawn tractor to clean it out and sharpen the blades. Got half way through it then had to stop for a break. Muscle start shaking and I feel drained.

Any body else notice this???

Thanks

ATU 🙏🏻

Hi ATU,

I have shakiness without even exerting myself ! so yes, I can't over do any kind of activity, our nervous systems are very fragile , some of us anyway , and I think we get over stimulated very easily. Best not to overdo it if possible.... it does come and go and some days are better than others.

love, Miyu

Wishing everyone the very best... Strength, Healing, Insight, and Comfort...

Am doing ok, -Day 10, just the normal stuff, fatigue is the worst still, but managing..

So, some medicine changes, not aimed at V tapering itself, and im just trying to focus on and remember the tapering basics... -slow, SX guided, and Hold as needed... -trying to be a happy taperer...

Onwards and upwards...

Just checking in and saying hi to everyone.

lostdaydreaming , give yourself the time you need , the loss of a loved one is one of the most traumatic things that can happen to a person, and to be in the midst of a benzo taper adds such difficulty. I Hope you have the support you need to go through your grieving.

ATU, sorry you overdid it and having a wave... I had a horrid day yesterday after being at the dentist again.... the day before , it was ok at the time but definitely made me feel horrible yesterday.

feeling  better this eve.

I talked to my doctor yesterday and he gave me a little push, a good one really . I have been feeling stuck and wanting to try microtapering again , but been too scared. Soooo, I am starting my taper again ! wow , feels good actually as I was getting fed up with making small improvements but nothing very significant, sort of plateaued with some better days and baseline that is bearable tho by no means symptom free.

So , I'm starting out really slowly ,  something that will equal about 1/8th mg to see how i do over the month of June.

I feel if I can maintain where I am with the baseline I have , its tolerable , and I can always hold if neccessary. I am at the point where I feel I need to lower my dose.... just not feeling well with the V and it isn't changing. I feel pretty sure I will feel better as I get lower in dose if I am careful and don't push.  it's taken me a long time to  get past the hell I was in , and I still have some pretty rough days , but I do get out now most days , and can do a lot more than I could,within the limits of my withdrawal.

I guess my doc gave me the push to get past the fear of tapering again , and I needed that .I'm feeling positive about it now.

here we go!

Hope everyone is doing ok .

love, Miyu :hug: :hug:

Am doing ok, -Day 10, just the normal stuff, fatigue is the worst still, but managing..

So, some medicine changes, not aimed at V tapering itself, and im just trying to focus on and remember the tapering basics... -slow, SX guided, and Hold as needed... -trying to be a happy taperer...

Onwards and upwards...

You are very brave Cant... I hope this drop passes with ease, as much as can be expected at any rate

miyu

Onwards and upwards...

You are very brave Cant... I hope this drop passes with ease, as much as can be expected at any rate

miyu

Thanks Miyu,

The 4hr of driving round trip of night city driving reminded me how fragile I am... sleeping it off...

I read your post and your strength and positivity jumped out at me..!!!

With that attitude, im sure it will be a good move for you.. and wish you every success...

And your not on your own, I see so many here refusing to be beaten down, and digging deep...

I know these posts (the reality embedded in them), sure help drag me along, and give me a can do attitude...

:)

lostdaydreaming , give yourself the time you need , the loss of a loved one is one of the most traumatic things that can happen to a person, and to be in the midst of a benzo taper adds such difficulty. I Hope you have the support you need to go through your grieving.

ATU, sorry you overdid it and having a wave... I had a horrid day yesterday after being at the dentist again.... the day before , it was ok at the time but definitely made me feel horrible yesterday.

I talked to my doctor yesterday and he gave me a little push, a good one really . I have been feeling stuck and wanting to try microtapering again , but been too scared. Soooo, I am starting my taper again ! wow , feels good actually as I was getting fed up with making small improvements but nothing very significant, sort of plateaued with some better days and baseline that is bearable tho by no means symptom free.

So , I'm starting out really slowly ,  something that will equal about 1/8th mg to see how i do over the month of June.

I feel if I can maintain where I am with the baseline I have , its tolerable , and I can always hold if neccessary. I am at the point where I feel I need to lower my dose.... just not feeling well with the V and it isn't changing. I feel pretty sure I will feel better as I get lower in dose if I am careful and don't push.  it's taken me a long time to  get past the hell I was in , and I still have some pretty rough days , but I do get out now most days , and can do a lot more than I could,within the limits of my withdrawal.

I guess my doc gave me the push to get past the fear of tapering again , and I needed that .I'm feeling positive about it now.

here we go!

MiYu, sometimes it is time to move from a spot and go forth with a different plan, that is how we learn what is doable for us, you have come a long way and I know that you will prevail, I truly believe that our brain helps us when it wants change and we must have faith and not let fear come to the forefront. Stay Strong and always the best for you. :thumbsup:

Onwards and upwards...

Hiya Cant so good to hear that you are managing and that things are getting better slowly but surely. You bring so much hope and strength to all in this group and your supportive posts to others on the boards.. It is a pleasure to see good things happen for you. TY for all the things that Cant brings out in each one of us. Stay happy it is contagious. My favorite TB. :smitten:

Heath

I'm glad things are going well for the most part Heath. You'll be off before you know it.  :thumbsup:

Stay Strong Heath there is much healing going on, you got this, just breathe. :smitten:

Heath

You sound like you are doing very well managing your taper and symptoms, Heath.  :thumbsup:

Wishing you a short wave and a big window!

Onwards and upwards...

Good to see you Cant. Sounds like you are doing OK. Hope all is well with your son.

Um, whatever happened to our mascots? Last I heard you were holding them for ransom or something. :o Or was that just a rumor? :laugh:

Gard

Miyu, I'm so glad to hear you have found your baseline and are taking steps forward again. That is so empowering!

here we go!

This sounds like a solid plan MiYu. It does take some experimenting to figure out what works and I'm sure you'll do fine as you listen to your body.  :)--V

Onwards and upwards...

Hope your cut goes well can't! :)--V

[da...]