Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Cantfly and Can do-

Just read your posts, I'm kind of confused. Are you saying that everyone's symptoms are varied, but since my sister's are more consistent, there is something wrong, like she is permanently damaged?

Welcome Laura. I'm trying to figure out your signature. Is your sister taking Ativan only at night? That is a short-acting benzo with a half life of around 12 hours (depending who you believe) so she could be having inter-dose withdrawal by the next afternoon easily. It could be very upsetting to her nervous system. Could you ask her prescriber about splitting her dose in half and giving each half 12 hours apart?

Pill splitting can be difficult. I would recommend you think about liquid titration. There is a sub-forum on that. You can make very accurate, small cuts by liquefying the medication into a dilute solution. Instead of trying to cut a tiny pill, you are measuring ml of liquid with an oral syringe. It will taste nasty, but you can put it into juice or something to hide the taste. This would only work if you could be sure your sister would drink the entire dose. The other option would be using a jeweler's scale to weigh the tiny pill pieces to make sure you are cutting them accurately.

Also, the c/t off the trazodone could be a player. We have a member, tntd, who was c/t off her AD and then tried to taper her benzo and has been having a very rough time. She has decided to hold and is seeing some windows. You might want to read some of her posts.

Those are my thoughts: Spilt the ativan into two doses and then HOLD until her brain stabilizes.

It's rough now, but you'll figure this out and your sister will heal. I'm sorry for all the pain this is causing you. I hope you and your mother are taking care of yourselves because you will need to be strong yourselves to be a support for your sister.

Gard :smitten:

Thanks for the support.  Honestly we are just trying to survive each day at this point.

We are holding where we are right now until things settle down.

This whole w/d process has been sort of predictable and manageable until now. Early on in this, it kind of seemed like we were keeping a certain pace with the cuts, and it seemed like we would get a settling, and then we would make another cut.

This is the first time in this process where we are really having trouble managing.  I'm just assuming its b/c we are deeper into the w/d now. 

The other issue is that I have elderly parents helping with this. It's really just my mother and me, and if anything happens to my mother, I just don't know how I could get my sister through this on my own.  Back in Dec my mother went to the hospital for gall bladder issues (they wanted to take it out, she said no, and is now is treating her gall bladder problems naturally), and back then I could manage my sister by myself, but not now. 

I just hope we get out of this somehow.  I just try to remind myself that people say progress is not linear.

This is the first time in this w/d process where it has truly felt like a daily battle for survival

I sure dont see any harm coming from a good long hold. And if things are getting worse thats an indicator too.. Some would suggest an updose to gain some stability, -your call... I could argue it either way, in theory only...

I know myself and others had a secondary wave of SX, quite some time (months) after the cut involved, its hard to notice or define this with a regular taper, and its mainly noticed after real big cuts, long holds, cold turkey or post jump...

I feel this can catch up over a normal taper without decent holds...

And Sometimes with long holds things can get worse before they get better, prompting a premiture cut... though My "worse" felt different, and I could pick it as healing or atleast change...

Some of this would be rather hard to pick for another person, but being aware might help a bit..?

The only other thing I think of is digestive as I mentioned some time ago... But not just constipation or lose stools, just general muscle cramping, loss of or spastic peristalsis... etc...  Another hard one, I couldnt even find words to describe what I was feeling to Drs... But it put me in hospital a few times.

Though they can test the smooth muscle contractions and function with an ECG or EEG or whatever...

Sorry, just guesses really... Dont give up, keep trying, you never know when something will "click"...

Cantfly and Can do-

Just read your posts, I'm kind of confused. Are you saying that everyone's symptoms are varied, but since my sister's are more consistent, there is something wrong, like she is permanently damaged?

Hi Laura  :hug: No its not permanent damage, some peoples symptoms stay consistent with no change other people symptoms come and go or cycle quite rapidly, so please don't get needlessly worried. What your sisters going thorugh is absolutely NORMAL withdrawal symptoms :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

No Definantly Not permanant... -just perhaps an aspect thats not yet healing type SX.. Maybe a deeper actual lack of medicine, (the closer to the cut type WD)  Or even Interdose like Gard suggested, but I know you tried splitting the dose, just cant remember for how long... -and im not sure how long would be a fair trial..?? Nova might have a better idea on that..??

I wish there was more info for us on if we have hormonal problems, adrenal problems, benzo WD problems or other "health" problems...

I wrote awhile ago about my horrid menstraik cycles and no one really has any answers as to start BC while I'm tapering.  I'm pretty much almost bedridden for a week to maybe two weeks during my cycle.  Doctors want me to start birth control but I'm scared.  Also scared to try any antidepressants that could potentially help.

Anyone do progesterone cream and if so, did it help???

Rach

I wish there was more info for us on if we have hormonal problems, adrenal problems, benzo WD problems or other "health" problems...

I wrote awhile ago about my horrid menstraik cycles and no one really has any answers as to start BC while I'm tapering.  I'm pretty much almost bedridden for a week to maybe two weeks during my cycle.  Doctors want me to start birth control but I'm scared.  Also scared to try any antidepressants that could potentially help.

Anyone do progesterone cream and if so, did it help???

Rach

Hi Rach,

I did answer you (a few posts above). No one can tell you about progesterone or BC pills because everyone reacts very differently. Some people have had great success, others a terrible time. It's a decision only YOU can make.

There is a menopause thread with a lot of hormone information in it....you could possibly try reading there.

Have you had your actual hormones tested? That would be step one BEFORE even considering hormone therapy of any kind, IMO.

As far as AD's I would suggest reading the SSRI thread and Surviving Antidepressants Forum before making any decisions with that as well. 

You did answer me...I totally forgot!  Benzo brain.  I did have my hormones tested and they were ok, that was over a year go.  I guess I'm looking into stopping my periods in hopes it'll not necessarily help my taper, but help the horrible symtpoms I have from pms. 

I know each person is different, so it'll have to be my decision in the long run.  I do visit surviving antidepressants and know the possible side effects of stopping antidepressants as well. 

I guess I need to realize there is no magic pill, but I so badly want some relief from my pms.

Thanks for responding, again, and your post did help.  My brain just doesn't remember things like it used to.

Rach

Hi RAch,

No worries....I still get benzo brain too much  :laugh:

I would get your hormone levels checked again, including thyroid (as they're all related). My PMS and cycle is awful as well....but it's getting better.

Cantfly and Can do-

Hi Laura  :hug: No its not permanent damage, some peoples symptoms stay consistent with no change other people symptoms come and go or cycle quite rapidly, so please don't get needlessly worried. What your sisters going thorugh is absolutely NORMAL withdrawal symptoms :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

No Definantly Not permanant... -just perhaps an aspect thats not yet healing type SX.. Maybe a deeper actual lack of medicine, (the closer to the cut type WD)  Or even Interdose like Gard suggested, but I know you tried splitting the dose, just cant remember for how long... -and im not sure how long would be a fair trial..?? Nova might have a better idea on that..??

She did? I missed that somehow. :-[  Should I just  :-X now that my cog fog is in full gear! ::)

Question for group,..

Do any of you experience a kind of shakiness after exerting yourselves,..say exercising or performing a rather difficult chore.

I have noticed this lately like today I had to drop the mowing deck from my lawn tractor to clean it out and sharpen the blades. Got half way through it then had to stop for a break. Muscle start shaking and I feel drained.

Any body else notice this???

Thanks

ATU 🙏🏻

Question for group,..

Do any of you experience a kind of shakiness after exerting yourselves,..say exercising or performing a rather difficult chore.

I have noticed this lately like today I had to drop the mowing deck from my lawn tractor to clean it out and sharpen the blades. Got half way through it then had to stop for a break. Muscle start shaking and I feel drained.

Any body else notice this???

Thanks

ATU 🙏🏻

Hi ATU. This is pretty common for me. I get shaky after working out but don't really feel drained.  :)--V

Valley,

Thanks. Well I call it drained it is really just feeling exhausted. I did not eat before starting this job so it's my own fault. I took a break and then went back at it and completed it.

I'm ok now, just need to recharge!

I did a search and yes, it does seem to be a common sxs so I need not add any worry from this.

Hope you are well.

Thanks again.  :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏🏻

Valley,

Thanks. Well I call it drained it is really just feeling exhausted. I did not eat before starting this job so it's my own fault. I took a break and then went back at it and completed it.

I'm ok now, just need to recharge!

I did a search and yes, it does seem to be a common sxs so I need not add any worry from this.

Hope you are well.

Thanks again.  :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏🏻

...Late as usual... ATU, for sure... and then any muscles that have been over worked, are extra fatigued day 2 and more on day 3...

A 54" cutting deck is right on my limit...

(Lucky i can just lift the whole mower up with the bucket on the big tractor...)

Well done for doing the job though..!!

For now my new blades look great sitting on the bench...

Day 8 post cut... -and woke feeling rather good... -bit worried about days 10-14... these usually bite..

Hope everyone is doing ok... -and strength to those in the midst of it...

Be Well...

Cantfly,

You are just like me, 2 days after an exertion of some sort and my muscles are paining me.

Also when I cut it is day 10-15 that are the worst!

Mines only a 48 in deck. I drop it and drag to the side then flip it. Remove blades( and some skin usually as well) then f clean and file the blades and re-install. Of course all that old caked on grass has to be clean out of the deck.  I hate the job but it must be done!

Thanks for getting back to me, never too late.

Stay well!

ATU 🙏🏻

My worst days are sometimes between 6 and 8 after a cut and then again around day 14. Strange, but I never know.

Has anyone else had a partial hysterectomy? I had one in Feb or last year, and it's become so hard to track when my period would be here. I had no idea that I would still deal with so much period related issues.

Basicly I just don't bleed or have as bad cramping. I still get cramping and all the wonky hormonal mess.

Just basicly track it by when my panic attacks are at the worst, I never thought I would miss my periods. There was always a kind of piece of mind to have a like bad panic attack and bad day than start that night to next day, kinda like oh not crazy just monthly crazy lol.

I did down load a old app I had and am tracking all my symptoms, trying to notice what my body does.

Hello, I was able to hold for 5 months after losing my sister but than was started again to rapidly. I am a mess. Been able to hold almost a month now due to extras I had put back. Hoping to hold. My goal is either hold at current till I stabilize or up dose back to 4mgs a day.

I have found even now hitting almost a month the past 4 days have been better, gone out a few times. Less panic attacks.

Lost,

What do you mean by a partial? Just your uterus removed and nothing else?

How did you recover from surgery and the meds? Did you have pre-op antibiotics?

I have to have mine in August.

Hello, I was able to hold for 5 months after losing my sister but than was started again to rapidly. I am a mess. Been able to hold almost a month now due to extras I had put back. Hoping to hold. My goal is either hold at current till I stabilize or up dose back to 4mgs a day.

I have found even now hitting almost a month the past 4 days have been better, gone out a few times. Less panic attacks.

Hello, Dreaming. I'm so very sorry about your sister. Such a huge loss. I think going back to holding is very sensible at this point. I hope your doctor will cooperate and things continue to improve for you.

Gard :smitten:

Helllo lost and welcome. I agree with gard and hope you can taper slower after you stabilize. It sounds like you are having some better days and that's great! :thumbsup:

Helllo lost and welcome. I agree with gard and hope you can taper slower after you stabilize. It sounds like you are having some better days and that's great! :thumbsup:

Hi Dream...

My condolences also.. I hope everything Balances out for you real soon, Your hold is refreshing, and the following taper, uneventful...

Best Wishes...

:)

Thanks  :smitten:

Hoping a few months will help me get stable

Lostdaydreaming i send my sympathy and do hope things smooth out for you ! Cant & Atu same thing hear with the delayed muscle pain and my grass deck is not cutting even so i really should get it fixed or try to today before i get into mowing here later ! To (Everyone) i missed i hope your doing ok and i send healing thoughts ~CD

Lost so sorry for your recent Loss, it may take some time for your heartache to get better but it will in time. Good plan on your holding, it does get better, everything does in its own time. Welcome to a great group of buddies. :)

Thanks for the support.  Honestly we are just trying to survive each day at this point.

We are holding where we are right now until things settle down.

This whole w/d process has been sort of predictable and manageable until now. Early on in this, it kind of seemed like we were keeping a certain pace with the cuts, and it seemed like we would get a settling, and then we would make another cut.

This is the first time in this process where we are really having trouble managing.  I'm just assuming its b/c we are deeper into the w/d now. 

The other issue is that I have elderly parents helping with this. It's really just my mother and me, and if anything happens to my mother, I just don't know how I could get my sister through this on my own.  Back in Dec my mother went to the hospital for gall bladder issues (they wanted to take it out, she said no, and is now is treating her gall bladder problems naturally), and back then I could manage my sister by myself, but not now. 

I just hope we get out of this somehow.  I just try to remind myself that people say progress is not linear.

This is the first time in this w/d process where it has truly felt like a daily battle for survival

I sure dont see any harm coming from a good long hold. And if things are getting worse thats an indicator too.. Some would suggest an updose to gain some stability, -your call... I could argue it either way, in theory only...

I know myself and others had a secondary wave of SX, quite some time (months) after the cut involved, its hard to notice or define this with a regular taper, and its mainly noticed after real big cuts, long holds, cold turkey or post jump...

I feel this can catch up over a normal taper without decent holds...

And Sometimes with long holds things can get worse before they get better, prompting a premiture cut... though My "worse" felt different, and I could pick it as healing or atleast change...

Some of this would be rather hard to pick for another person, but being aware might help a bit..?

The only other thing I think of is digestive as I mentioned some time ago... But not just constipation or lose stools, just general muscle cramping, loss of or spastic peristalsis... etc...  Another hard one, I couldnt even find words to describe what I was feeling to Drs... But it put me in hospital a few times.

Though they can test the smooth muscle contractions and function with an ECG or EEG or whatever...

Sorry, just guesses really... Dont give up, keep trying, you never know when something will "click"...

I'm just hearing about this secondary wave. I wonder what causes that!

Laura I'm so sorry things have turned for the worse. Let's just hope it means the drug is really working it's way out of her system. I see so many stories, hey mostly here, of it becoming harder as you get lower. But I also hear increased bouts of side effects lead to better patches. This happened to me this week.

I don't remember reading how old your sister is but could her cycles or hormones be messing with things. Mine play a huge role in my sxe! I often wonder if I'm in peri menopause because of how hard my third taper has been compared to the one I did 6 years ago.

[ba...]