Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Heath,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I do believe you are right in that sxs are signs of healing and perhaps even signs of adjusting our disposition while learning to cope with life without the drugs.

I have found three things about sxs while tapering.

1. If you had a particular physical issue, it (they) will manifest during tapering.

2. If you are predisposed to getting upset about certain situations, it (they) will manifest during taper.

3. How you perceive the pain or unsettling feelings will probably be magnified 10 fold.

I always tell myself, this is only temporary while healing. I tell myself resist nothing so as not to give it strength and duration. I tell myself accept all and find that place of inner peace.

Peace & Healing to everyone.

ATU 🙏🏻

Heath,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I do believe you are right in that sxs are signs of healing and perhaps even signs of adjusting our disposition while learning to cope with life without the drugs.

1. If you had a particular physical issue, it (they) will manifest during tapering.

2. If you are predisposed to getting upset about certain situations, it (they) will manifest during taper.

3. How you perceive the pain or unsettling feelings will probably be magnified 10 fold.

I always tell myself, this is only temporary while healing. I tell myself resist nothing so as not to give it strength and duration. I tell myself accept all and find that place of inner peace.

ATU

ATU......

Thanks for those words ATU. I agree. And I also try very hard to tell myself it is just the benzos, it will go away. Accept, be strong and just wait. And ya know, it does go away eventually. Too bad it comes back sometimes, but at least I know that one day, it will all be gone FOR GOOD!

Strength and acceptance to everyone! And Windows!

Heath

Heath,

ATU 🙏🏻

Thanks this is a wonderful post and so very true, it is not always easy, but love the analogy about not "Resisting" I have the Peace I need because long ago I decided to Accept the Process of Healing and it isn't always easy, but it can go downhill real fast if I become my thoughts. Thanks again and hope you are doing better. :thumbsup:

Heath,

ATU 🙏🏻

This will be added to the propaganda list.  :thumbsup:

Heath,

ATU 🙏🏻

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Heath,

ATU 🙏🏻

mornink... -Yes, Has been like this for me also... -and at the beginning, the worst of it for me, it was like WD was ticking off a list of all my injurirs...

Then later, a few mental feelings that I hadnt felt since a kid...  -strange, but interesting...

Hi Anne... have fun reading... lol -they all type too fast...!!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone...

I am doing well... Feeling the cut a bit, as to be expected, but the gabapentin has stopped most of the abdo cramps and is also supressing the SX from the cut (which was the idea -am an oppertunist... lol)

So im working on the process of elimination, that my GI issues and the cramps are atleast inpart due to nerve damage from the accident... hence back to regular gabapentin...

Thats the short story... :)

So, so far so good at day 6...

-Fatigue is a bit out there though... Yes, brain healing, possibly even brain/cns protection too...?

My best to all,

Thanks...

Heath,

ATU 🙏🏻

This is so true ATU.  Thank you for posting this. 

Peace and healing to you.

Anne  :smitten:

Heath,

ATU 🙏🏻

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Heath,

ATU

mornink... -Yes, Has been like this for me also... -and at the beginning, the worst of it for me, it was like WD was ticking off a list of all my injurirs...

Then later, a few mental feelings that I hadnt felt since a kid...  -strange, but interesting...

Hi Anne... have fun reading... lol -they all type too fast...!!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone...

I am doing well... Feeling the cut a bit, as to be expected, but the gabapentin has stopped most of the abdo cramps and is also supressing the SX from the cut (which was the idea -am an oppertunist... lol)

So im working on the process of elimination, that my GI issues and the cramps are atleast inpart due to nerve damage from the accident... hence back to regular gabapentin...

Thats the short story... :)

So, so far so good at day 6...

-Fatigue is a bit out there though... Yes, brain healing, possibly even brain/cns protection too...?

My best to all,

Thanks...

Hi Can't,

I am so glad you are doing well after your cut.  That is wonderful news. Yes, it will take me a while to go through all of the posts that I have missed.  I am glad to see that so many members have joined this wonderful group!!

Have a wonderful evening Can't !!

Anne xox

Good to see you, Cant! Feel free to put all those critters on a balloon back to the US if they are pestering you. 

We'll put them all in V's backyard with his chickens! I've got the chicken costumes all ready for them. V will never know the difference! ;)

Gard :smitten:

width=300 height=300http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/z/Jt0AAOSw7ThUclEW/$_35.JPG?set_id=2[/img]

Good to see you, Cant! Feel free to put all those critters on a balloon back to the US if they are pestering you. 

We'll put them all in V's backyard with his chickens! I've got the chicken costumes all ready for them. V will never know the difference! ;)

width=300 height=300http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/z/Jt0AAOSw7ThUclEW/$_35.JPG?set_id=2[/img]

Might be a neat trick getting them to lay eggs...

:)

MiYu, can't, ATU Tta,

I firmly believe, imo, that side effects are a symptom of healing. The more side effect you get , to me, means that your CNS is healing and catching up to past cuts that may have been to big. So don't get disheartened, although times are rough, it's just that your CNS is doing A LOT OF HEALING! And that in itself may certainly be hard, but is certainly a good  sign.

Does that make sense?

Hope you, and anyone I forgot,are all doing better today and having some Windows.

Heath

I hope this is true! Times are definitely rough now

Welcome Laura,

You certainly have your hands full. I hope things settle down for your sister very soon and that Windows begin to appear. You will get lots of support here. I don't know much about Ativan, I am tapering Valium, and I know everyone's different in the way they experience wdsx, but one thing,imo, is for sure....and that is, the slower you go, the easier it will be when tapering off of Benzos. Also, imo, Holding until you are stable before cutting your dose, is another way to keep those wdsx under control.

Keep posting and you will get lots of support and encouragement here.

Peace and healing, courage, patience, and strength to you and your sister.

Heath

Fake chickens deserve fake nests. Just put some real eggs in a fake nest and sit the critters on top. No problem!

Heath

MiYu, can't, ATU Tta,

I firmly believe, imo, that side effects are a symptom of healing. The more side effect you get , to me, means that your CNS is healing and catching up to past cuts that may have been to big. So don't get disheartened, although times are rough, it's just that your CNS is doing A LOT OF HEALING! And that in itself may certainly be hard, but is certainly a good  sign.

Does that make sense?

Hope you, and anyone I forgot,are all doing better today and having some Windows.

Heath

laura, I dont want to be negative, but one of the things that stands out about your sister is the consistency and timing of the issues. Personaly I found healing SX to be rather varied, for the main part... -But we are all different, I just wanted to mention that so you could file it away for whatever you think its worth... Ans so others might comment on their experiences, as you sure do have a tricky situation to contend with...

My best wishes to all involved..

MiYu, can't, ATU Tta,

Does that make sense?

Heath

laura, I dont want to be negative, but one of the things that stands out about your sister is the consistency and timing of the issues. Personaly I found healing SX to be rather varied, for the main part... -But we are all different, I just wanted to mention that so you could file it away for whatever you think its worth... Ans so others might comment on their experiences, as you sure do have a tricky situation to contend with...

My best wishes to all involved..

Laura, i think i pretty much agree with Cant things are so varied among us all and if i read what your sister is going thru it`s a pretty consistent thing s/x wise where as myself i am up down can be a great day then ok day things change fast for me as like this morning was pretty good but now getting a bit anxious why i have no idea but IMO the lack of benzo and is it healing honestly i do not know? Love to hear Heathcliffs`s take on my situation as i sure want to believe what she wrote. Be well and know your in my thoughts ~CD

Fake chickens deserve fake nests. Just put some real eggs in a fake nest and sit the critters on top. No problem!

Heath

Oh the masters of deception... -Do you Girls sell used cars by any chance???

But BG pinches eggs for our breaky.. -Valley will know they are not being replaced...

No, -I will keep the uninvited sqauking critters here, ever sooo safe... Trust Me..!! :)

Thanks for the support.  Honestly we are just trying to survive each day at this point.

We are holding where we are right now until things settle down.

This whole w/d process has been sort of predictable and manageable until now. Early on in this, it kind of seemed like we were keeping a certain pace with the cuts, and it seemed like we would get a settling, and then we would make another cut.

This is the first time in this process where we are really having trouble managing.  I'm just assuming its b/c we are deeper into the w/d now. 

The other issue is that I have elderly parents helping with this. It's really just my mother and me, and if anything happens to my mother, I just don't know how I could get my sister through this on my own.  Back in Dec my mother went to the hospital for gall bladder issues (they wanted to take it out, she said no, and is now is treating her gall bladder problems naturally), and back then I could manage my sister by myself, but not now. 

I just hope we get out of this somehow.  I just try to remind myself that people say progress is not linear.

This is the first time in this w/d process where it has truly felt like a daily battle for survival

Hey how'd you get a picture of my pajamas?  :laugh:

Heath

But BG pinches eggs for our breaky.. -Valley will know they are not being replaced...

No, -I will keep the uninvited sqauking critters here, ever sooo safe... Trust Me..!! :)

CANT, YOU HIT THE JACKPOT! For a limited time only, buy any used car and get four chickens FREE!

And every car comes with two, not one, but TWO CHICKEN OR EGG SALAD SANDWICHES, TAKE YOUR PICK! BUT COME ON DOWN QUICKLY! With a deal like this the cars and the chickens won't last too long! TIMES A WASTIN'!

Heath

Thanks for the support.  Honestly we are just trying to survive each day at this point.

We are holding where we are right now until things settle down.

This whole w/d process has been sort of predictable and manageable until now. Early on in this, it kind of seemed like we were keeping a certain pace with the cuts, and it seemed like we would get a settling, and then we would make another cut.

This is the first time in this process where we are really having trouble managing.  I'm just assuming its b/c we are deeper into the w/d now. 

The other issue is that I have elderly parents helping with this. It's really just my mother and me, and if anything happens to my mother, I just don't know how I could get my sister through this on my own.  Back in Dec my mother went to the hospital for gall bladder issues (they wanted to take it out, she said no, and is now is treating her gall bladder problems naturally), and back then I could manage my sister by myself, but not now. 

I just hope we get out of this somehow.  I just try to remind myself that people say progress is not linear.

This is the first time in this w/d process where it has truly felt like a daily battle for survival

Hi Laura. Sorry for the situation you are in. It looks like there could be some complications from the ct of the AD as well. IMO holding for a bit should help things settle down for your sister.  :)--V

Cantfly and Can do-

Just read your posts, I'm kind of confused. Are you saying that everyone's symptoms are varied, but since my sister's are more consistent, there is something wrong, like she is permanently damaged?

Heath

::) ::)::)

Cantfly and Can do-

Just read your posts, I'm kind of confused. Are you saying that everyone's symptoms are varied, but since my sister's are more consistent, there is something wrong, like she is permanently damaged?

Hi Laura  :hug: No its not permanent damage, some peoples symptoms stay consistent with no change other people symptoms come and go or cycle quite rapidly, so please don't get needlessly worried. What your sisters going thorugh is absolutely NORMAL withdrawal symptoms :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey how'd you get a picture of my pajamas?  :laugh:

Perfect!  :thumbsup:

[3d...]