Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I had a pretty good day today. I had mostly physical symptoms. Lots of pain in my abdomen. I'm hoping it will be gone tomorrow. This holding is really starting to work it's magic! I was actually able to clean my bathroom for the first time in a year!! I actually don't like to clean but I was so excited that I was able to :) So grateful to my husband and daughter for keeping the house clean. Before today just the thought of cleaning was overwhelming and made my anxiety shoot through the roof. Today I cleaned the whole bathroom without a twinge of anxiety. I'm nowhere near done with this tapering but I'm hoping to do it slowly enough to stay first get back to being functional and then stay functional.

This is great news tntd!  :)--V

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: wonderful!

Hey Everyone, happy Memorial Day!  I hope everyone has some big windows this weekend and can enjoy a nice BBQ at Cant's place.  I think I'll skip the turtle sandwiches.  Are we having strawberry shortcake??

Absolutely!

classic-strawberry-shortcake-recipe.ashx

Now, remember, nobody cuts it until Memorial Day!

Ooooh!  Yum!

Yup. I can do desserts! Now where is Miyu? She needs to some up with the something healthy for us to eat! Mega-sugar will send our symptoms through the roof! :o

And I hope Cant is doing OK. He does know we're coming, right?

For anyone who doesn't have fins, I have arranged alternate transportation.

Just keep your eyes closed. You'll be fine! ;)

http://www.austinhotairballoons.com/img/footer/austin-hot-air-balloon-rides-05.jpg

[glow=red,2,300]Sista' thinking of you and how no matter how badly you feel you are reaching out to others, and finding things to enlighten us all, I just wish I could do something more for you, but please know that I am here for you, the good the bad the ugly no way will I let you do this alone.  :hug::mybuddy::hug::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

If Turtle has crossed your path:

He is usually giving you the message that “slow and steady wins the race” Pay attention to details in your current project and take your time with it. Don’t be tempted to skip steps or take short cuts. You will get there! Just trust in the process and stay in the moment. Bigger, stronger, faster are not always the best ways to reach your goals.

Turtle can also be a signal that you need to ground yourself and your energy to Earth.

If Turtle is your Animal Totem:

You have exceptional navigation skills. You can always find your way through anything. You also have a tendency to withdraw into your shell if your find yourself in an uncomfortable or what you perceive as a threatening situation. You must also be mindful of returning to the Earth what she has given you. Honor the creative source within you. Use water and earth energies to create a harmonious flow in your life. Ask the Earth for assistance and her riches will pour forth ~ :thumbsup:

He is usually giving you the message that “slow and steady wins the race” Pay attention to details in your current project and take your time with it. Don’t be tempted to skip steps or take short cuts. You will get there! Just trust in the process and stay in the moment. Bigger, stronger, faster are not always the best ways to reach your goals.

Turtle can also be a signal that you need to ground yourself and your energy to Earth.

You have exceptional navigation skills. You can always find your way through anything. You also have a tendency to withdraw into your shell if your find yourself in an uncomfortable or what you perceive as a threatening situation. You must also be mindful of returning to the Earth what she has given you. Honor the creative source within you. Use water and earth energies to create a harmonious flow in your life. Ask the Earth for assistance and her riches will pour forth ~ :thumbsup:

Can this is a great post thanks :thumbsup:

Can this is a great post thanks :thumbsup:

Bg, i am into that sort of thing  ;)

Love this!

Hey Everyone, happy Memorial Day!  I hope everyone has some big windows this weekend and can enjoy a nice BBQ at Cant's place.  I think I'll skip the turtle sandwiches.  Are we having strawberry shortcake??

Absolutely!

Ooooh!  Yum!

Yup. I can do desserts! Now where is Miyu? She needs to some up with the something healthy for us to eat! Mega-sugar will send our symptoms through the roof! :o

That looks yummy! I can make something just as yummy without the " benzo risks"  ;D

Sorry I can't post a picture to make your mouth water as much as this does!

I can even make a full on raw Thai meal if that takes any ones fancy , I personally LOVE Thai foods hope everyone enjoys their weekend .

Love, MiYu  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Can do...... Great quote ..... I'll be looking for turtles crossing my path  :)

And now that the 6 month time has past, I'm going through another wave. So I'll definitely be continuing the hold. I didn't realize that this was typical of benzos at all, but its more knowledge that not only helps me "cope," but it's knowledge I think I need to be able to relay to others if the need arises. It almost feels like "Part 2" is happening now with this continuation as sx are changing, and yet they still are definitely sx of an unstable CNS.

Thank you dear Nova  :smitten:

This paragraph particularly helped me ......though this person does describe having long Windows prior to their 6 month wave  :( I haven't had that at all...... My symptoms are changing more to anxiety and mental stuff, as well as pain which is ever present . And aside for  the 1/4 mg it's been 8 months for me.  :( does that 1/4 mg count? I suppose it does......

I hope you are managing alright , I know this is a very rough time for you , hang in there  :smitten::hug::therethere::mybuddy:

I am managing to have more conversations with people , though I get tired out really easily from this.

I feel some sense of normality some of the time , more so than I did , but very delicate balance right now.

Thanks tNTD for your support  :smitten: hope you continue to feel better and better!

Happy weekend to all ,

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

This is great can do! I should add it to the propaganda list. :)--V

This is great can do! I should add it to the propaganda list. :)--V

Valley, thats Native American  :thumbsup: The Turtle may move slow but.....it`s does complete it`s journey ;)

Absolutely!

Ooooh!  Yum!

That looks yummy! I can make something just as yummy without the " benzo risks"  ;D

Sorry I can't post a picture to make your mouth water as much as this does!

I can even make a full on raw Thai meal if that takes any ones fancy , I personally LOVE Thai foods hope everyone enjoys their weekend .

Love, MiYu  :smitten: :smitten:

"Borrowing pictures" is allowed in cyber space. I eat gluten free. I have been told that in cyber space all strawberry shortcake is magically gluten free and yet tender and flaky! Even this one! ;D

Looks like even our mascot is planning to come!

15392726-tortoise-tied-with-balloons-in-sky.jpg?ver=6

The chicken will be there also. :laugh:

chicken-breeding-operation-flying-chicken-small-82510.jpg

And I was just trying to figure out how to get the chicken there. Flying, of course!  :laugh: :laugh:

Hi group, I wish I was on more for all your help. I do try to read the previous posts so I don't ask a questions twice.

I'm in a scary place where I feel like I've damaged my brain so much with alcohol abuse and 3 tapers I will never stabilize. Almost 8 weeks holding I have no relief. The sxe are much worse some days and then more manageable the next. New ones are popping up and I'm so scared.

Has anyone ever feared this? Has anyone had long periods of sxe but are doing much better with the long hold ? I need some hope.

I need to regain some functionality or face loosing my savings because I can't work. I'm just worried about it so much because in over a year I've only had 1 2 minute window...it was a glorious 2 minutes.

Do you think this brief moment proves I'm still in this prison of a body.

Hi group, I wish I was on more for all your help. I do try to read the previous posts so I don't ask a questions twice.

I'm in a scary place where I feel like I've damaged my brain so much with alcohol abuse and 3 tapers I will never stabilize. Almost 8 weeks holding I have no relief. The sxe are much worse some days and then more manageable the next. New ones are popping up and I'm so scared.

Has anyone ever feared this? Has anyone had long periods of sxe but are doing much better with the long hold ? I need some hope.

I need to regain some functionality or face loosing my savings because I can't work. I'm just worried about it so much because in over a year I've only had 1 2 minute window...it was a glorious 2 minutes.

Hi third. I'm sorry you're having a tough time. I haven't worried about whether I will heal or not even though I have gone through a long period of bad sxs. Trust in your body. It has an amazing ability to heal. I was supposed to be brain damaged for life due to a brain injury I had when 6 years old and I healed and am doing fine. It may take some time to stabilize but trust that your body WILL heal.  :)--V

Thanks Valley and Gard.

Gard the picture of that Strawberry Shortcake made my mouth water. I am also gluten free and I had a gluten free strawberry shortcake for my birthday. It was divine!  :thumbsup:

CD, I love the turtle totem information. Native American spirituality has so many wonderful things. I love touching mother earth to try to bring my body back into balance. We live in a cold climate though so we have earthing sheets and such that we use to help maintin that connection in the winter. Now that it is getting nicer outside I try to sit in the grass and face the sun for a little while each day. I just need it to stop raining to do that currently :)  I have found it is very helpful in withdrawal to be able to touch the earth. Any other nuggets of wisdom you can give would be wonderful.  :smitten: :smitten:

Thirdtime, I'm so sorry to hear that you are in such a bad place. I CT'd from an AD a year ago and went through six months with no windows. I also tried to taper while in that state and only made things worse. I have been holding for three months now and am finally starting to feel a bit more stable. I have read that for some people the sxs get worse before they get better even while they are holding. I'm sure others with a lot more experience will chime in. Hang on though, even though it is awful right now it has to get better eventually.

Hey Gard, I think I'd rather swim. I'm really terrified of heights and I don't think closing my eyes would help. Of course I'm a little afraid of fish too.....JAWS and all. Any other suggestions of how to get to Can'ts? I do like the flying turtle though :D

My husband came home from his business trip today. He sprained his ankel, well we think it's just a sprain. We are waiting for the results from his x-ray right now. All of this has caused my anxiety and agoraphobia to increase again but it still isn't horrible. It's still at a livable place.

Healing hugs everyone  :hug: :hug:

Hi third. I'm sorry you're having a tough time. I haven't worried about whether I will heal or not even though I have gone through a long period of bad sxs. Trust in your body. It has an amazing ability to heal. I was supposed to be brain damaged for life due to a brain injury I had when 6 years old and I healed and am doing fine. It may take some time to stabilize but trust that your body WILL heal.  :)--V

Thank you that is encouraging. Do you think you have stability more now taking it slow. Could I just be impatient? My moods are so out of wack. I wish I could push these thoughts away like you.

Thanks Valley and Gard.

Gard the picture of that Strawberry Shortcake made my mouth water. I am also gluten free and I had a gluten free strawberry shortcake for my birthday. It was divine!  :thumbsup:

CD, I love the turtle totem information. Native American spirituality has so many wonderful things. I love touching mother earth to try to bring my body back into balance. We live in a cold climate though so we have earthing sheets and such that we use to help maintin that connection in the winter. Now that it is getting nicer outside I try to sit in the grass and face the sun for a little while each day. I just need it to stop raining to do that currently :)  I have found it is very helpful in withdrawal to be able to touch the earth. Any other nuggets of wisdom you can give would be wonderful.  :smitten: :smitten:

Thirdtime, I'm so sorry to hear that you are in such a bad place. I CT'd from an AD a year ago and went through six months with no windows. I also tried to taper while in that state and only made things worse. I have been holding for three months now and am finally starting to feel a bit more stable. I have read that for some people the sxs get worse before they get better even while they are holding. I'm sure others with a lot more experience will chime in. Hang on though, even though it is awful right now it has to get better eventually.

Hey Gard, I think I'd rather swim. I'm really terrified of heights and I don't think closing my eyes would help. Of course I'm a little afraid of fish too.....JAWS and all. Any other suggestions of how to get to Can'ts? I do like the flying turtle though :D

My husband came home from his business trip today. He sprained his ankel, well we think it's just a sprain. We are waiting for the results from his x-ray right now. All of this has caused my anxiety and agoraphobia to increase again but it still isn't horrible. It's still at a livable place.

Healing hugs everyone  :hug: :hug:

Thank you, it helps to know you were further out but started to stabilize. I'm going to try to improve my eating habits and hope that helps. I also have had days I drank alcohol in the past 2 months so I'm sure that gummed the works. Stupid choice I know. I have very self destructive habits during these tapers. I need to get a grip. I feel like everyone is doing so well but me but that might just be my sxe thinking.

[d1...]