Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi, haven't been here for a while,

So glad you are doing well V. You've had some rough patches alright! But you always come through!

And Lynn wow! You are really doing great and sooo low! So happy for you. What a fight you have been fighting and WINNING!

Be good, I'm glad you are feeling better! I'm confused though, is it the blips or the stomach flu that has still got you down? Which ever it is, I know you will get through it. You are another one who is winning this war! Keep it up! And glad that you are feelin  better

Tntd, sorry you are feeling down and lonely. I get lonely too, and depressed too some times. There is just so much you can do to distract, especially when there's nothing on TV, you fininished your book, you don't feel like finishing the macrame and nobody is around.  And you're just plain  depressed and worried about SO MANY THINGS!  And just feeling so inadequate about everything! Oh, slap my face and get me out of this mood! It's got to get better.

That benzo devil is still at my feet. :):oXo::pokey: and poking at my belly.

Hope, MiYu, Gard Can't Freeme and anyone I forgot, sorry you are still feeling those wdsx and having rough times. I hope they subside for you soon. It's been going on for so long...for all of us....but hang in, it will get better, imo. And I read that some of you have been having some Windows. I'm glad for you for that..

I think maybe my crazy mood is caused by a mixture of the benzo withdrawals effects and worries over my kids' hard times lately. Things aren't going so well for them, but I keep telling myself that things will turn around. I hope so.

Well, I guess I better go before I get all who are reading this as down in their mood as I am. Sorry :-[

Hope everyone feels better.

Heath :-[:-\

MiYu, Sorry to hear you have joined in the noise brigaide. Are you really senstivie to noise with your w/d sxs too?

BG, I'm so glad to hear that you are starting to feel better. Those stomach bugs are awful without w/d I can't imagine dealing with it during w/d. You are a brave woman!

Can't, It's good to see you back on here. I'm sorry to hear you have been in so much pain. I hope the changes to your meds will do the trick for you.

Hey Heath, it's good to see you back here too. Thanks for the support with the lonliness. Sometime I just don't feel like crocheting, watching TV, or doing any of the things to help distract. I want to talk to someone dang it!!

We're here for you. Dump on us as you need to and then we'll try to find a way to cheer you up. Maybe we'll open that business again and Cookie and I will continue to welcome people to our humble but hopeful place :D  I hope that things are ok with your kids. I know how they can get us worried. Are yours grown or still young?

I had a nice window yesterday but no vehicle to go anywhere and it was pouring down rain. I was so glad the air conditioning repairman came to visit :D I talked his ear off and he was really nice about it.  I didn't feel so lonely after that. Someone I email with suggested I have more repairmen come visit, now doesn't that sound naughty!!  >:D This being alone all day all week is really an adjustment. Back in a wave again today so the lonliness isn't as bad, weird how that works. I think it's due to the agoraphobia.

Hugs and healing to everyone.  :smitten::hug: :hug:

Thanks everyone... looks like many of us have been having it rough...

I understand that needing to talk to someone thing, I think most of u know im a full time single dad...

Im having ongoing trouble with the school... Earlier tonight I called a parents support line, for the first time ever... we talked for an hour... It was good... and productive..

Is getting light... Seriously time to sleep... -dont tell BG im still awake... :)

So hope everyone feels better soon... wish this group could all sit down for a dinner one day... It would be a special event...!!!

Night

Oo

I understand that needing to talk to someone thing, I think most of u know im a full time single dad...

Im having ongoing trouble with the school... Earlier tonight I called a parents support line, for the first time ever... we talked for an hour... It was good... and productive..

Is getting light... Seriously time to sleep... -dont tell BG im still awake... :)

So hope everyone feels better soon... wish this group could all sit down for a dinner one day... It would be a special event...!!!

Night

Oo

I hope you were able to get some sleep! I won't tell BG that you are still up  >:D

I did the single mom thing, kind of. I don't know how you are doing it through w/d. You must be a special kind of strong man! I am still married but my husband traveled 80% of the time or more. I wasn't going through w/d while I was raising the kids though and it was tough enough doing it without that. Kudos to you. I'm glad you were able to call a parents line and found it helpful.

A dinner together sounds amazing. Where oh where in the world would we meet????

Night

Oo

Actually, I had no idea you were a single dad. Good for you!!!! When I hear about men who actually care about their kids, I'm so encouraged. (No comment on my ex.) It's great you have a parents support line. And great that they were helpful. It's so good to know we're not alone in our difficulties.

So, you're inviting us all to dinner? Your place, right?

We'll helicopter in. I'll bring the dessert!

http://media.fooducate.com/blog/posts/FancyFoodShow4.jpg

Gard :smitten:

Getting better each day, today has been like a light got turned on, but realize I must take it a day at a time.

Lynn so very proud of you and being so low, you have worked very hard to get to this place. :thumbsup:

Everyone one else only the best for those not feeling well and for those doing better I am so thankful that you are all feeling better.

Valley. Lynn, T, Gard, Nova, Heath, and all others thanks for the concern and support, it meant a lot. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

So glad you're feeling better!  :thumbsup:

Begood, thanks for the post about many people having one sided symptoms  :smitten:, so weird . It's actually my right side , not left! Durr..... Can't even get that right  :P

Hence my liver concerns. Anyway , plan to get it checked out if my doc will get back to me.

Update..... Been depressed and feeling horrible. Walking is better though , lots of pain continually .

Got a tick bite myself this week... Cally was it? Just not going to worry about that one, been there already!

Want to get on with my taper , but too scared, and still so symptomatic . I've started having way more anxiety than I ever have ..... Wasn't a particular symptom for me, but seems like I'm getting more of the mental stuff now.

I have an appointment with my doc next week, not sure he can do much.

Anyone have any success with occasional Remeron ?

I've started taking quercetin which is a natural antihistamine, hoping it might help.

Valley, how much niacin do you take? Do you think it helps you? It does have some effects on NAD , which is supposed to help somehow.....intravenous NAD is the latest in withdrawal clinics , but from what I hear it's mostly effective for everything with the exception of benzos , of course, where it has mixed results.

Nova, how are you?  :smitten:

I'm with yu now with the noise intrusion factor .... My landlord decided to build a concrete wall right next to my apartment .... Agh......noise starts at 8 am.

Valley, so great you are doing well ..... I wanna be there!

Love to all ,

MiYu  :smitten: :smitten:

You'll get here MiYu. Keep the faith.  :). I take 2 grams of niacin and 1 gram of niacinimide each day. I have noticed that it helps.  :)--V

Night

Oo

Actually, I had no idea you were a single dad. Good for you!!!! When I hear about men who actually care about their kids, I'm so encouraged. (No comment on my ex.) It's great you have a parents support line. And great that they were helpful. It's so good to know we're not alone in our difficulties.

That's a great idea! A dinner for the LHSG. Now to figure out the logistics and where we are going to meet. Anybody live in a tropical paradise?

Good job on being a single dad can't. I'm just a fake single grandpa as I tend my granddaughter almost every day and I'm still married.  :laugh:

Night

Oo

That's a great idea! A dinner for the LHSG. Now to figure out the logistics and where we are going to meet. Anybody live in a tropical paradise?

Good job on being a single dad can't. I'm just a fake single grandpa as I tend my granddaughter almost every day and I'm still married.  :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm sorry no one is answering....I think part of it is that we just don't know. I personally would NOT try the BC, but I have been tempted to try progesterone to bring my hormones back to balance. I did have some success through diet in  alleviating the cramping and flooding, but sadly not enough. I'm now booked for a hysterectomy in August.

Hi, haven't been here for a while,

So glad you are doing well V. You've had some rough patches alright! But you always come through!

And Lynn wow! You are really doing great and sooo low! So happy for you. What a fight you have been fighting and WINNING!

Be good, I'm glad you are feeling better! I'm confused though, is it the blips or the stomach flu that has still got you down? Which ever it is, I know you will get through it. You are another one who is winning this war! Keep it up! And glad that you are feelin  better

Tntd, sorry you are feeling down and lonely. I get lonely too, and depressed too some times. There is just so much you can do to distract, especially when there's nothing on TV, you fininished your book, you don't feel like finishing the macrame and nobody is around.  And you're just plain  depressed and worried about SO MANY THINGS!  And just feeling so inadequate about everything! Oh, slap my face and get me out of this mood! It's got to get better.

That benzo devil is still at my feet. :):oXo::pokey: and poking at my belly.

Hope, MiYu, Gard Can't Freeme and anyone I forgot, sorry you are still feeling those wdsx and having rough times. I hope they subside for you soon. It's been going on for so long...for all of us....but hang in, it will get better, imo. And I read that some of you have been having some Windows. I'm glad for you for that..

I think maybe my crazy mood is caused by a mixture of the benzo withdrawals effects and worries over my kids' hard times lately. Things aren't going so well for them, but I keep telling myself that things will turn around. I hope so.

Well, I guess I better go before I get all who are reading this as down in their mood as I am. Sorry :-[

Hope everyone feels better.

Heath :-[:-\

Heath it was the stomach flu.

Night

Oo

Cant invited us to his place in the wilds of Australia. I'm sure he did. :thumbsup:

To my fellow warriors, when I am in a big window I am reading well and responding fairly sensibly to most of what I read. (Well, that's been awhile.) When I'm in a bit of a rough patch, I can't follow the thread but I can post wacky things. When I am crashed or overwhelmed I can't think of anything to say and just try to read and keep up.

So who will bring the appetizers to the feast at Cant's place?

Can anybody make these?

743e36a2e17988fab11c517f607d6a4e.jpg

To my fellow warriors, when I am in a big window I am reading well and responding fairly sensibly to most of what I read. (Well, that's been awhile.) When I'm in a bit of a rough patch, I can't follow the thread but I can post wacky things. When I am crashed or overwhelmed I can't think of anything to say and just try to read and keep up.

Can anybody make these?

I can make those .... :) I used to be a raw food chef , in an earlier life ! Very cute ......l

Sorry things are a bit rough Gard .... And Heath , and anyone else I've missed ,  :hug:

Valley, I'm starting on 100 mgs niacin ... In two doses, even that much makes me flush if I don't have enough food in my stomach.... But I think it will help, I've read good things about it. That with the lDN, and I really the quercetin is helping .

I'm actually feeling not that bad this evening ....wow! Physical symptoms , but feel pretty normal mentally ..... After posting how depressed I was this morning!  :crazy:

TNTD.... I hate noise! Especially banging and chainsaws and weed whackers, lawn mowers ( there's a golf course nearby) all of which are common round here . It grates on my nerves,  even before benzos I didn't like noise ..... But now .... Makes me want to crawl out of my skin ...agh.

Thinking of everyone .... Hang in there everyone

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

you'll get there MiYu. Keep the faith.  :). I take 2 grams of niacin and 1 gram of niacinimide each day. I have noticed that it helps t

Thanks Valley for your encouragement  :)

Oooo! A dinner party in Australia at Can't's house! I always  wanted to go to Australia! What a great idea! I can't wait  to pig out on Gard's desserts!

I'll bring bathing suits and floaties for everyone. I assume it will be a pool party afterwards? Yes?

And don't worry about the kids, bring them along if you must. I'll be happy to tAke care of them. Cant is a single dad. He deserves to have a day off. I'll take care of your kid, Can't!

:D:laugh::idiot::crazy:;D:D:laugh:;D:D

Hi tntd,

My kids are grown and out of the house. One is married. Both have their own homes. But I am a firm believer that the bigger your kids get, the bigger the problems!

Thank goodness there are not many problems, but when there are, they are BIG!

It hope it turns out ok. They usually always land on their feet. so I hope they do this time too.!

Heath

you'll get there MiYu. Keep the faith.  :). I take 2 grams of niacin and 1 gram of niacinimide each day. I have noticed that it helps t

Thanks Valley for your encouragement  :)

Hi M :hug: regardless of all the crap that's going on I felt I was on the up yesterday only to be plunged back into super hell again today :( and each time feels a LOT worse than the last time, but is it or is it just our perception as we feel so awful most of the time, that when we do get a break its immense relief and unbelievable we can go backwards BIG time again and again?

I hope all for us that need to stabilise get there soon but remember that these windows and waves patterns as shitty as they are are totally normal, and a sign we're still  destabilised and not the drug. It was cutting the drug down that caused it not taking the drug, I was in'' true tolerance withdrawal'' for year's on my FULL prescribed dose not the ''myth' about holding while tapering ::)

And even that was no where near as bad or drawn out symptom wise as my hell withdrwal from making cuts that caught up with me so badly and being advised to cut too soon and not doing long enough holds no matter how long I had to hold for. Go look at peole who have been off for ages going though this you can't say ''its the drug''  or ''its tolerance''after being off it for for many months or years can you? ITS LACK OF THE DRUG THAT CAUSED IT!!! :D :D :D..  ::) Their still destabilised and I noticed the same pattern over and over a too rapid taper or early jump or not holding long enough, or upodosing reinstating and not holding long enough. Anyway I'm off as I'm feeling really terrible right now  :sick: 

:hug: :hug: :hug: to everyone.

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Nova, don`t feel alone as i am in shitsville also got that loopy thought bit gong on and sleep is not good either ,so here is to hoping you feel better and i am just hoping that the 5+plus mgs v i dropped since the end of Feb. eases up this wave is a doozy  and i been hold almost a month now ! ~CD

Wow, Miyu, I'm impressed! A raw foods chef! Perhaps you should be in charge of the dinner at Cant's place. :D

Heath, you're bringing the bath suits, huh? I'll have something like this.

width=500 height=392https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1I4nE6P13tQ/UPps7DP3TAI/AAAAAAACRnc/_mjHb_uDXZg/s1600/37+Women+in+bathing+suits+on+Collaroy+Beach,+1908,++photographed+by+Colin+Caird.jpg[/img]

Seems Cookie wants to come, too.

a811c46d32b190b9b68ac7cc80d78e90.jpg

Wow, Miyu, I'm impressed! A raw foods chef! Perhaps you should be in charge of the dinner at Cant's place. :D

Heath, you're bringing the bath suits, huh? I'll have something like this.

width=500 height=392https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1I4nE6P13tQ/UPps7DP3TAI/AAAAAAACRnc/_mjHb_uDXZg/s1600/37+Women+in+bathing+suits+on+Collaroy+Beach,+1908,++photographed+by+Colin+Caird.jpg[/img]

Seems Cookie wants to come, too.

a811c46d32b190b9b68ac7cc80d78e90.jpg

:laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:

Can anybody make these?

sounds like someone missed the talk about the birds n bees... :)

Gard, how u described interacting with a thread in relation to SX is spot on...

Miyu -great to hear of a bit of change... much deserved, u have been very strong...

Valley, so good u can be involved in grandpa duties... -a seriously important role... -sadly mussed in far too many families...

Tntd -Thanks, though it is a bit chaos here, im lucky he is 14 and the last of 4 boys... young kids I could not manage... -nor probably having a partner... lol.. :)

Hang in there Guys... my best to everyone... and those just reading...

I'd like to join this thread :)

I feel like I'm pretty new to this tapering thing.  You can see my sig.  I c/o to valium and thought I was going insanely slow.  I was feeling ok and decided to cut .07 in stead of .02 and BAM.  I immediately updated to the previous spot and held for 23 days and symptoms kept getting worse not better.  I'm a mom of to young kids so I updosed 1/2 mg to my original v starting dosed 2 days ago.  Now I have to wait to see if that works because the v takes about 7 days to work on me.  If it works Im going to hold for at least a month.  If it doesn't work I will still need to hold I think.

In holding do symptoms sometimes get worse before they get better?

Do the long holders cut when feeling symptoms still or do you wait to feel good?

Thanks

I'd like to join this thread :)

I feel like I'm pretty new to this tapering thing.  You can see my sig.  I c/o to valium and thought I was going insanely slow.  I was feeling ok and decided to cut .07 in stead of .02 and BAM.  I immediately updated to the previous spot and held for 23 days and symptoms kept getting worse not better.  I'm a mom of to young kids so I updosed 1/2 mg to my original v starting dosed 2 days ago.  Now I have to wait to see if that works because the v takes about 7 days to work on me.  If it works Im going to hold for at least a month.  If it doesn't work I will still need to hold I think.

In holding do symptoms sometimes get worse before they get better?

Do the long holders cut when feeling symptoms still or do you wait to feel good?

Thanks

hey Pooky... great to see you here...

Holding will give u a good chance to notice changes for what they are and interprate what they mean for you and your situation...

From my experience things can get quite chaotic right before they get better (and at some other points too) -it nearly made me cut again just a bit too soon...

Most people that are doing well try to stay fairly functional and well while they taper slowly and hold (or updose) where needed...

we are all different, and some holds can take quite some time, but are worth it in the long run...

I have been holding for 5 months and cut 2 days ago... -but i have other meds involved also...

As you chat to others here you will see a variety situations and tapering tacticts... You will get great support here, whatever you decide...

Best wishes...

:)

[e0...]