Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Well, gals, it's what we call "roasting hot" here in the upper Midwest (80's and humid in May, of all things). I guess we stole your weather. No worries. We're not keeping it. Highs in the 60s and then the 50s are right around the corner. When the temperatures turn that way in the spring, it usually means nasty weather brings them in. Sure enough, severe storms and tornado watches posted for tonight. :P

Happily, I do not live in tornado alley, so we typically get little tornados that pop down and then back up again. The sirens go off over every little blip on the radar and everyone says, "Oh sure," and ignores them. My daughter unplugs the weather alert radio when she goes to bed so it doesn't wake her up! Not me, though! I go sleep in the basement. Oh, that's right, my bedroom is already in the basement anyway. :laugh:

V, what do your chickens do in tornados? Do you have a chicken storm cellar? ( :laugh:) Or do you just bring them all in the house with you? ??? Just wondering! I'm only allowed hamsters and they are already in the house and totally oblivious. Works great.

Gard :smitten:

LOL gard. We don't have tornadoes here.  :)--V

Oh, I see. You only have Firenados. So then no worries! ::)

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/content/dam/news/photos/000/594/59442.ngsversion.1422034622408.adapt.536.1.jpg

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/08/150819-fire-tornado-video-idaho-wild-fires-soda-fire/

Cool! I didn't know we had firenados. My taper is feeling like a firenado lately.  :laugh:

Oh gosh, we have come up with another tapering analogy. Life in a firenado! Did you watch the video of the mega firenado? Made mega tornados look like spring showers! And tapering makes just about every other health problem I've had (including major surgeries) look like the sniffles! :P

Well, gals, it's what we call "roasting hot" here in the upper Midwest (80's and humid in May, of all things). I guess we stole your weather. No worries. We're not keeping it. Highs in the 60s and then the 50s are right around the corner. When the temperatures turn that way in the spring, it usually means nasty weather brings them in. Sure enough, severe storms and tornado watches posted for tonight. :P

Happily, I do not live in tornado alley, so we typically get little tornados that pop down and then back up again. The sirens go off over every little blip on the radar and everyone says, "Oh sure," and ignores them. My daughter unplugs the weather alert radio when she goes to bed so it doesn't wake her up! Not me, though! I go sleep in the basement. Oh, that's right, my bedroom is already in the basement anyway. :laugh:

V, what do your chickens do in tornados? Do you have a chicken storm cellar? ( :laugh:) Or do you just bring them all in the house with you? ??? Just wondering! I'm only allowed hamsters and they are already in the house and totally oblivious. Works great.

Gard :smitten:

LOL gard. We don't have tornadoes here.  :)--V

Oh, I see. You only have Firenados. So then no worries! ::)

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/content/dam/news/photos/000/594/59442.ngsversion.1422034622408.adapt.536.1.jpg

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/08/150819-fire-tornado-video-idaho-wild-fires-soda-fire/

Cool! I didn't know we had firenados. My taper is feeling like a firenado lately.  :laugh:

Oh gosh, we have come up with another tapering analogy. Life in a firenado! Did you watch the video of the mega firenado? Made mega tornados look like spring showers! And tapering makes just about every other health problem I've had (including major surgeries) look like the sniffles! :P

Yes. I watched it. Pretty good analogy for tapering lol.  :)--V

Well, I guess Dizzies get worse  before they get better. They got worse for 2 days. Now  on the 3rd day they seem to be gone. It's 8:00 pm and they started to subside at about 5:00.

Or else I am just experiencing some kind of dizzy wave from when I wake up until early evening.

Are they gone for good?

Will they come back tomorrow morning?

Is it going to be a recurring wave for a few days and Windows late in the day?

Or is it a wdsx that has worked its way out?

I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out. I'll sure be thankful if this dizzy thing turns out to be just a three day blip!

But one good thing is that they have taken the place of my back pain that is now gone. Like it was a trade off!  What a crazy set of things happening during tapering. You never know what to expect. But there is ALWAYS SOMETHING!

Valley, I hope your dizzies work themselves out for you real soon. They are not a painful kind of wdsx but they are the worst as far as they make me feel. So nauseating and debilitating. Sure hope they are not really bad for you.

Heath :smitten:

I think I jinxed the earthquake thing when I talked about it thus morning.

Just heard on the news that Santa Barbara had two earthquakes just now. santa  Barbara is about 75 miles north of Los Angeles. I didn't feel anything so it could not have been too big, thank goodness.

Don't think there was much damage. Will let you as soon as I hear.

Heath ???

Well, I guess Dizzies get worse  before they get better. They got worse for 2 days. Now  on the 3rd day they seem to be gone. It's 8:00 pm and they started to subside at about 5:00.

Or else I am just experiencing some kind of dizzy wave from when I wake up until early evening.

Are they gone for good?

I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out. I'll sure be thankful if this dizzy thing turns out to be just a three day blip!

But one good thing is that they have taken the place of my back pain that is now gone. Like it was a trade off!  What a crazy set of things happening during tapering. You never know what to expect. But there is ALWAYS SOMETHING!

Valley, I hope your dizzies work themselves out for you real soon. They are not a painful kind of wdsx but they are the worst as far as they make me feel. So nauseating and debilitating. Sure hope they are not really bad for you.

Oh you just never know what's coming on this ride ! Valley and Heath , so sorry you've been having the dizzies , I haven't had that delight as yet.

Glad they passed for you Heath , your back pain too, that's really great to hear .  :thumbsup:

It'll be interesting to see how if you have pattern with this cut Heath.... Keep us posted .  :smitten:

Valley , I hope you feel better and your dizzies pass soon. Don't be overdoing it now will you?....

I'm having an unusual experience .... My head feels completely clear and normal, Id even say I feel  peaceful after two days of horrid depression, but I've still got all the physical symptoms ..Whaaaat :crazy:

I'll take it though over depression any day, even with the physical symptoms . Now if only my legs would cooperate ....

Hope everyone is doing ok .

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

I think I jinxed the earthquake thing when I talked about it thus morning.

Just heard on the news that Santa Barbara had two earthquakes just now. santa  Barbara is about 75 miles north of Los Angeles. I didn't feel anything so it could not have been too big, thank goodness.

Don't think there was much damage. Will let you as soon as I hear.

Heath ???

Keep us posted ... I'll look on the news. We have regular ' shakes' here , they usually only last a few seconds though fortunately .  :smitten:

Sorry , the earthquakes weren't today they were yesterday. But I just heard about them. Seems they were 4.1 and 3.1. So they weren't big. Just big enough to feel a good shake. No damage . No one hurt.

It seems there have been a series of many small quakes in the area right off the Santa Barbara coast in the last ten days.

Hope its not a foreshadow of sonething bigger in the near future! Geologists say we are due for a big one.

Oh boy, something else to worry about!

Glad everyone is safe. :thumbsup:

Heath

Sorry , the earthquakes weren't today they were yesterday. But I just heard about them. Seems they were 4.1 and 3.1. So they weren't big. Just big enough to feel a good shake. No damage . No one hurt.

It seems there have been a series of many small quakes in the area right off the Santa Barbara coast in the last ten days.

Hope its not a foreshadow of sonething bigger in the near future! Geologists say we are due for a big one.

Oh boy, something else to worry about!

Glad everyone is safe. :thumbsup:

Heath

Heath don't worry about something you have no control over, just like we may get hit by a car and poof we are gone or fall etc. I will share with you I live in Missouri and at least 4 times I have felt quakes as far away as Okla, and once on the Seventh floor of Hospital where I worked, the floor shook and I had a wash cloth in a pan of water and it swirled all around, the other times have felt them in my 4th floor apt of a 8 story apt building, the last being when I was sitting with lappy in my favorite chair and the chair felt like it was moving, and not long after News told of quake in Okla. I am just glad that I was not walking or I would have lost my balance. I live in a bad area also one of the worse they say, but I do not worry, there is just too much to fear, and I chose not to fear things that I can not control. You will be alright, you know to take cover and such if necessary. :)

I was in San Francisco in 1989(?) when they had an earthquake.  I was way up in a highrise and felt the building sway!  We had a decent one in Virginia around 5 or 6 years ago (very unusual).  Stuff fell off the walls and shelves.  He do get tornadoes down at the river.  But BG is right.  No sense buying trouble.

Heath,

I've had the dizzies periodically throughout this taper.  The worst lasted a couple weeks or more and precipitated my 4 months hold last Spring.  It was totally debilitating and a trip to the Dizzy Support Group was a huge mistake.  Dizziness is about the only thing that puts be in bed.  After I slowed way down I've only had momentary episodes of dizziness or swaying.  I hope yours is gone but don't worry if it's not.  It's very normal.

On a good note, this latest cut has been about the easiest to date.

We broke a record high on Tuesday of 96 and we are in a sever drought in Fl. Wildfires everywhere. I hope we get some rain soon

Be good,

Yes I know there is nothing I can do about earthquakes. Last really big one that  hit L.A.  was in 1994 and it was a doozy. (6.8) Couple of buildings collapsed, parking lot to the mall collapsed, some people lost  their lives. I was lucky my house was fine. Tv fell off its stand, jars of food were all over the floor. Cabinets opened and things crashed to the floor. It was 4:30 am and still dark outside. Our waterbed was actually bouncing up and down the floor. Scary stuff! but most people got away unscathed. Very lucky. And the kindergarten classroom was a wreck.

There's nothing you can do to stop an earthquake just be prepared with emergency items for  the aftermath.

So now, I have put a couple of oral syringes right next to my liquid Valium so I can grab all of it at once in an emergency.  Just realized that my liquid Valium won't be very easy to take if I don't have my syringes!

Well at least that is now ready in an emergency!

Lynn,

I remember you telling me about the dizzies you had the last time I was so upset about the dizzies. You eased my mind then, and you did again. Thanks.

Actually, they went away last evening and they are still gone this morning. I think they are gone for good for now. In retrospect, the fear of it becoming worse  and lingering for a long time, was probably worse than the dizzies themselves.

It's anew day, and so far I'm back to just about normal.  But no cutting for me! I'm still holding.

Heath :smitten: :smitten:

Are they gone for good?

Thanks Heath. I usually find the dizziness following a pattern of 3 days and then they let up. It seems to happen about 3 days after a reduction so at least it's somewhat predictable. I hope it improves for you. I hate it especially when walking on a treadmill. I always have to grab the supports because I feel off balance lol.  :)--V

Valley , I hope you feel better and your dizzies pass soon. Don't be overdoing it now will you?....

I'm having an unusual experience .... My head feels completely clear and normal, Id even say I feel  peaceful after two days of horrid depression, but I've still got all the physical symptoms ..Whaaaat :crazy:

I'll take it though over depression any day, even with the physical symptoms . Now if only my legs would cooperate ....

I hope the physical sxs pass for you MiYu. I'm still trying to figure out which is worse. Physical or mental? I would say mental edges out the physical slightly for me. Nothing I hate more than having a fuzzy brain so at least there is a positive for you if you can think clearly.

As for overdoing it, I'm,afraid I don't know how to not overdo it lol. I've worked out for 2 months now using my old bodybuilding diet and workout. The one thing I'm noticing is the cuts hit me the next day so my metabolism must be speeding up. I get tremors the next day every time I cut now which is weird as it used to hit about 3-5 days later.

I hope everyone keeps hanging in there. This is certainly not for the faint of heart but we'll all be so much happier when we finally gently walk off.  :)--V

Valley, good point on the metabolism bit as alot do feel worse from over doing things and i do wonder if it`s because the body loses more of the drug or that the metabolism speeds up to a point that we are not accustomed to and causes a up tick in s/x`s because of it . Yes maybe a bit confusing but i sure know alot goes on with us and trying to find some type of rhyme or reason is so very hard and confusing ! Hope this made some sort of sense ? Wishing everyone well ~CD

Valley, good point on the metabolism bit as alot do feel worse from over doing things and i do wonder if it`s because the body loses more of the drug or that the metabolism speeds up to a point that we are not accustomed to and causes a up tick in s/x`s because of it . Yes maybe a bit confusing but i sure know alot goes on with us and trying to find some type of rhyme or reason is so very hard and confusing ! Hope this made some sort of sense ? Wishing everyone well ~CD

Makes perfect sense can do.  :thumbsup:

So many interesting things going on. I've been having the dizzies too. I don't think my allergies are helping any.

Gard I think I live in the same area as you do. High's in the 80's in May and then storms last nigth bringing in cooler weather.

Our air conditioner decided to die on us and we have had to open the windows. I, like many of you I assume, am super senstive to noise, light, and motion. I wasn't feeling very anxious when I got up but having the windows open and the wind blowing the curtains around and the sounds of the city coming in made my anxiety shoot way up. The air conditioning people said they are really busy and can't even come do a diagnosis until next week. My husband is going to be out of town and I have really bad agoraphobia. There are a lot of times I don't even want to see another person let alone talk to them! Should be an intersting week.  :o

I think it's so weird that I finally had some windows and then the waves come back and they are worse than they were before I started holding. I think I read that some other people have had that happen. What's that about? I think the waves should be lighter too if a person is starting to have windows! All of us should notify our bodies of this so that they know how to heal correctly......if only :D

Hey Heath, I lived in S Cal in 1994 when that earthquake hit. I was pregnant with my second child. We also had a waterbed that was bouncing around. We lived in 29 Palms at the time so we didn't feel it as much as you did. We lived in S. Cal from 1990 to 1997 so we got to experience quite a few earthquakes. As a kid I lived in N. Cal and I remember the earthquake drills we had in school. Now it just feels like there's an earthquake going on when I get the dizzies really bad, especially if I'm on the 10th floor of the VA when it happens. I have to grab the wall so I don't fall over.

Hope we all have some windows soon. I'm going to check out the firenado video.

I love and appreciate the support and humor of this group. Stay strong and "hold" the course. We can do this  :smitten: :smitten: :hug: :hug:

Well the dizzies have stayed away today. I think they are gone gone gone for now. Yay! Hope so!

Hey tntd

, my son has a desert house right off of 29 palms highway in Yucca valley. May it was close to you?

Hope the air conditioner gets fixed as fast as possible for you.

MiYu, hope the physical stuff leaves you real soon, but yes I agree that the mental stuff is worse.

Hope veryone gets Windows today.

Heath :thumbsup::smitten:

I hope the physical sxs pass for you MiYu. I'm still trying to figure out which is worse. Physical or mental? I would say mental edges out the physical slightly for me. Nothing I hate more than having a fuzzy brain so at least there is a positive for you if you can think clearly.

As for overdoing it, I'm,afraid I don't know how to not overdo it lol. I've worked out for 2 months now using my old bodybuilding diet and workout. The one thing I'm noticing is the cuts hit me the next day so my metabolism must be speeding up. I get tremors the next day every time I cut now which is weird as it used to hit about 3-5 days later.

I hope everyone keeps hanging in there. This is certainly not for the faint of heart but we'll all be so much happier when we finally gently walk off.  :)--V

Thanks Valley... I guess there's no point telling you not to overdo it then  :)

At lest you are keeping fit.... I look forward to when I can do that. Excercise can increase cortisol too, if you do too much too quickly, and that doesn't feel good for us....

I think I'd take the physical over the mental symptoms, though pain is not fun , and I'm getting a fair amount of that at the moment , and fatigue  >:(

It's SO tiring and tiresome!

I do think tho that the fatigue is a healing sign , the body just saying ' I need rest while I'm doing some intense healing here ' . That's what I choose to think anyway.

Glad your dizzies passed Heath , and Lynn , you are doing great!  ;D

Hello to everyone ,

Love , MiYu  :smitten:

MiYu, hope the physical stuff leaves you real soon, but yes I agree that the mental stuff is worse.

Thanks Heath ..... Too much pain , very annoying . I'm trying to distract , but pain sure does niggle at you...... It would be easier to distract if I had more energy .

Well, it will come , I'm Sure of that . This too shall pass .......

Hope everyone is doing well.  I just wanted to report that at 6.5mg I have been experiencing huge windows and close to 100% functioning mentally.  I do have some rough days but the good days are actually getting better and better.  Slow and steady wins the race.... Hang in there everyone! :)--V

Hope everyone is doing well.  I just wanted to report that at 6.5mg I have been experiencing huge windows and close to 100% functioning mentally.  I do have some rough days but the good days are actually getting better and better.  Slow and steady wins the race.... Hang in there everyone! :)--V

[move][glow=red,2,300]"YEY WAY TO GO VALLEY", JUST REMEMBER NOT TO TRY TO ROCK THE BOAT TOO MUCH AND I AM SURE "COOKIE HELPED HER DAD BY BRINGING CALM AND LOVE TO HIM." :smitten::thumbsup::smitten: [/glow][/move]

That's wonderful, V. I'm so happy for you!

Valley, awesome news on feeling so good keep up the good work  :thumbsup: ~CD

Valley,

This is good news in deed. Glad to hear you sounding so much more positive as well. These bad periods during taper can be extremely challenging but if can can hang on to the idea that it is temporary allbeit unpredictable also, we can get through it. :thumbsup:

Miyu, hope you too will be feeling better soon.

Peace & Healing to everyone

ATU 🙏🏻

[a4...]