Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi... My Best to all...

-Just trying to see if I can break the world Sleep record...

Note... my sleep seems to be getting deeper and more refreshing... even getting stupid dreams again... -Feels like a form of healing...

Be well...

Wonderful news on the sleep Cant! :smitten: :smitten:

YES... :thumbsup:

Mean while back on the long hold turtle tapering thread.....

http://pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/dd1_3w.jpg

Now I know why its so quiet on weekends on here everyone's hanging with the Hippo  ;)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Now I know why its so quiet on weekends on here everyone's hanging with the Hippo  ;)

[glow=red,2,300]Sista' such a perfect pic for a Sunday morning....A Bio engineered Mum with her "Premies"  :clap:[/glow]

Hi... My Best to all...

Note... my sleep seems to be getting deeper and more refreshing... even getting stupid dreams again... -Feels like a form of healing...

Be well...

Great news, Cant! :thumbsup: Soon we will have to start calling you CAN!

I'm three days into a window.. yay!  Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful female long holders!!  <3

No four days actually  :)

WOW...congratulations...I am so envious

Hi... My Best to all...

Be well...

Great news, Cant! :thumbsup: Soon we will have to start calling you CAN!

lol, Thats probably better suited to my excessive opiate days in hospital...!!

The name Cantfly is long standing, and stems from a motorbike incident... an ooops...

:) -trivia

George... well earnt, im sure... so happy for you, It is the best feeling to have a break...!!! -Dare you to go for 5 days...

Sorry for anything I have missed Guys... -just think of me as a stunned mullet for now...!!

:)

(But I am well)...

What is wrong with me? All I want to do is sleep! I'm not physically tired, just sooo sleepy!

I have not taken any mirtazapine for two days. I only take it about once every 12 days or so. But I feel like I have just taken it.

I slept for 8 hours last night and all I took was 1 1/2 melatonin. then went back to sleep after breakfast and slept another three hours.

I recently cut my dose of melatonin from 3 mg to 1 1/2 mg. Could that be it?  I've heard that less is more with melatonin.

Maybe I don't need the melatonin at all anymore? Mayb I should cut out the melatonin all together?

I am at 1.5 mg and am in the middle of a hold, day 17.

Any suggestions?

Heath :o???:-\

Heath, I've battled fatigue off and on throughout this taper. I believe a lot has to do with adrenal function and hormones. I don't know if there is a way to avoid the fatigue. I think our bodies are working so hard to heal from the damage that we require more rest at times.  :)--V

I agree, do not change anything, and just rest, I think your Brain is healing and needs you to rest so it can do its hard work... :)

Do holds help fatigue

I'm three days into a window.. yay!  Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful female long holders!!  <3

No four days actually  :)

Me too! Happy Mother's Day though. Your hold never helped I read in your blog is that true?

WOW...congratulations...I am so envious

Hi... My Best to all...

Be well...

Jealous

Today is such a hard day. Seeing my siblings not struggle like me. I'm so sad. Trying to help my daughter with homework and the cognitive fog.

What is wrong with me? All I want to do is sleep! I'm not physically tired, just sooo sleepy!

I have not taken any mirtazapine for two days. I only take it about once every 12 days or so. But I feel like I have just taken it.

I slept for 8 hours last night and all I took was 1 1/2 melatonin. then went back to sleep after breakfast and slept another three hours.

I recently cut my dose of melatonin from 3 mg to 1 1/2 mg. Could that be it?  I've heard that less is more with melatonin.

Maybe I don't need the melatonin at all anymore? Mayb I should cut out the melatonin all together?

I am at 1.5 mg and am in the middle of a hold, day 17.

Any suggestions?

Heath :o???:-\

Heath, I've battled fatigue off and on throughout this taper. I believe a lot has to do with adrenal function and hormones. I don't know if there is a way to avoid the fatigue. I think our bodies are working so hard to heal from the damage that we require more rest at times.  :)--V

I agree, do not change anything, and just rest, I think your Brain is healing and needs you to rest so it can do its hard work... :)

Do holds help fatigue

Hi Hope. My hold helped the fatigue although it still comes and goes at times.  :)--V

Today is such a hard day. Seeing my siblings not struggle like me. I'm so sad. Trying to help my daughter with homework and the cognitive fog.

I'm sorry you're struggling with the fog. I threw my keys in the garbage yesterday without even thinking and I'm putting all kinds of things in the refrigerator that don't belong there. Sometimes we just have to laugh at ourselves lol.  :)--V

I'm sorry you're struggling with the fog. I threw my keys in the garbage yesterday without even thinking and I'm putting all kinds of things in the refrigerator that don't belong there. Sometimes we just have to laugh at ourselves lol.  :)--V

True!

It's tough to be a benzo brain mom, today, Hope. I've shed my own tears over it. But we will all get through this. We are being an example to our kids of perseverance through incredible adversity. That example will serve them well some day.

One day at a time; one day closer to freedom.

Gard :smitten:

George..... Great news on your window !  :thumbsup:

Heath... I too have had a few days of extreme fatigue , it's going away now . But now this afternoon Ive had lead legs again and now tremors and really shaky ..... I thought I was stabilizing , but I'm so all over the place still with symptoms .

I'm wondering if it's a supplement. I take a few , not a lot , but a few . I try to keep it to ones that seem safe , and I do use magnesium oil at night to help my restless legs. I've been having a harder time sleeping too which is new, even tho I'm so tired .

I've been here before -feeling  like this..... Seems I am still in mostly waves , and occasional ' better ' days.

Valley , I stopped taking my 2-1/2 mgs lDN a few days ago ,as I thought maybe it was interfering with my sleep. I wonder if that's effecting me ? I also vaped some CBD with a little THC last night , with no ill effects at the time , could that have done something..... I don't know .....I wonder if I shouldn't just stop all supplements, except the magnesium oil and the krill oil, which I've been taking all along.

I expect it's just another benzo wave , just don't want to be triggering anything with other stuff. Wondering if I'll EVER stabilize !

Hope everyone's doing well otherwise ,

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

It may be wise to dump all supplements and start from scratch. I just had blood work at my endocrinologist's office and I had several things come back way to high like b12 which I have been taking every day. We just never know what is affecting us and how.  :)--V

Yeah , maybe so ....... i eat really well so I should be fine. I noticed when i was feeling better I didnt feel anything with supplements as far as effects , now i havent been feeling so good for a while I wonder if they are effecting me.

I had that with the B12 too after taking it for a while, the weird thing was I also showed Macrocytic anemia ( which is supposed to be caused by low B12 ) , so whatever I was taking wasn't getting to the right places. Even though it was sublingual methyl B 12. So who knows....

my parents have never taken a supplement in their lives and they are in their late 80's going pretty well.....

I know my system is a lot more sensitive now, so i need to be more careful.

Miyu :)

On a more practical note,

even those of us who feel like garbage today,

even as we hold,

we are all one day closer to freedom!

http://blogs.greenville.edu/instructionaltechnology/files/2014/01/Turning_Pages_of_the-Calendar1.jpg

Hugs to all my fellow turtles! :hug:

THank you Gard, and for your Mothers day post

love, Miyu :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

;D

That's me right there somewhere in the middle , pretty sure that's me  there

hope you are hanging in there Nova ,

love, Miyu  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi... My Best to all...

Be well...

Great CF ! :yippee:

my sleep is coming back too after a few days of having a rough time sleeping., dreams too, but i always get those, sometimes they are more vivid than others.

Miyu  :thumbsup:

Hi my dear long hold friends.

I haven't been on the computer for about a week and won't be again next week. I just tried to read through about 40 pages of this thread. So much going on.

I have to say that all the wonderful things everyone said to Heath really helped me too as I am struggling with a really bad wave again. It almost seems like my waves have gotten worse since I've started getting little windows here and there. Is it because I do too much when I feel better?

I'm so happy to hear that you are sleeping better Cant. I think that makes everything so much easier to deal with.

Congratulations on getting to .85mg BG. I hope your hold goes really well. (I also hope I have the right person  :D)

Teeth pain, yes. Even jaw pain at times.

I also have a stash for fear of being cut off. I think I have about a years worth now. My doctor never drops my dose even though I've told him I'm tapering. I hope I didn't just jinx myself! My stash isn't in an easily accessible place though so now I'm thinking I may need to put it somewhere I can get to it faster if there is a disaster. Maybe a couple of spots. One upstairs and one downstairs. My pdoc said that they've done studies that show the benzo's don't lose much in their potency even five years out!!

Happy Mother's day to all the mothers here.

Even though I haven't been posting much recently I still try to catch up. I think things will change this summer as I will probably be alone all day everyday and since I don't leave the house, agoraphobia sucks, I have my friends here :)  I do think of all of you often.  :smitten: :smitten:  :hug: :hug:

It's tough to be a benzo brain mom, today, Hope. I've shed my own tears over it. But we will all get through this. We are being an example to our kids of perseverance through incredible adversity. That example will serve them well some day.

Thank you for all the support you give.

even as we hold,

http://blogs.greenville.edu/instructionaltechnology/files/2014/01/Turning_Pages_of_the-Calendar1.jpg

:hug: Hope you found some moments of peace today, Miyu.

even as we hold,

Thank tou

Thank you for all the support you give.

:hug: All moms deserve every ounce of support they get! :hug:

[5c...]